Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 01, 2014, 05:33:56 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  Office of Game Moderator SirNick
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Office of Game Moderator SirNick  (Read 1454 times)
SirNick
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2013, 04:28:39 pm »
Ignore

Inks - Here you go.

Distilled Spirits: $2.75 per gallon $2.00 per gallon - $0.0162 billion

Wine: $0.35 per gallon $0.15 per gallon - $0.0136 billion

Beer: $0.35 per gallon $0.10 per gallon - $0.227 billion

Maxwell's is coming next, then Scotts. Maxwell is proving a tad bit difficult to find the required information in our Wikipedia, and the "real world" parallel is not quite a parallel...

Are those the amount that the revenue would be decreased to?  I'm not understanding how it would drop so much.  A drop to 73% of the initial distilled spirits tax would result in a drop to 7.3% of the initial revenue, and a drop to 43% of the initial wine tax would result in a drop to 4.3% of the initial revenue.  The beer drop makes sense.  Are you sure that your analysis was not supposed to be increased by a factor of ten for the distilled spirits and wine taxes?

Just saw your PM. Double checked, you're right. Posted calculation before increasing by factor of 10.
SirNick
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2013, 05:34:48 pm »
Ignore

Do I post requests here?

Support for Carers Bill 2013

1. This Bill will amend the Comprehensive Social Security Act (FL 45-10), creating a new Section 6. Therefore the existing section 6 will become section 7 and so forth.

2. This Bill will create section 6 to protect the interests of carers, including the creation of a new income support payment for those who devote their time and energy to care for family and friends who are not able to fully care for themselves.

3. In order to qualify a person must be the primary carer of an individual either under the age of eighteen or covered by a payment under the existing Comprehensive Social Security Act (FL 45-10),. This will ensure income support for those caring for people with medically diagnosed physical or mental disabilities, who has withdrawn themselves from the full-time workforce.

4. A graduated payments system will be dependent on their previous income with a cap of $60,000 per year.
a) less than $18,000 per year - 100% of previous income - $92.595 bil
b) $18,001 - $30,000 per year - 60% of previous income  - $61.649 bil
c) $30,001 - $45,000 per year - 35% of previous income - $47.499 bil
d) $45,001 - $60,000 per year - 20% of previous income - $22.819 bil
e) more $60,001 - qualifies for base carers payment of $750 per month. - $468 mil

Total Expense: $225.032 bil

5. This will be funded by increasing the existing Social Security Insurance premium to from 6.50% to 6.75% from 1 January 2014.See details below this quote block...

I would like to know whether the increase in Social Security Insurance priemium will cover the costs of this bill.

Maxwell: Sorry for the delay, I really am. You're one of the last people on this forum I want to let down.

Your bill bill assumes that it would be funded by an increase of the Social Security tax from 6.5% to 6.75%. The Social Security tax has been a graduated tax for a quite a while now not 6.5%, so you'll have to change that.

29,375,226 people will be covered by this law by the way.
SirNick
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2013, 05:35:46 pm »
Ignore

By the way, Jack Enderman asked me about Atlasia having a space program, I need to look into it. I'm writing this so I remember but maybe we should colonize the moon...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2013, 06:15:11 pm »
Ignore

Can I have the following bill analyzed for the Mideast Assembly, please:

Amendment to the Police Surveillance Act:

Police Surveillance Act

1. All police vehicles in the Mideast region must be fitted with high-definition cameras to be used for surveillance purposes.
2. Attorneys representing those depicted in the resulting video shall have access to such video, including the entire encounter and all other relevant footage.  Police departments may charge a reasonable processing fee in order to fulfill such requests.  Public Defenders and their clients shall be exempt from this fee, at the discretion of the court.

Here is the link to the previous GM's analysis before section 2 was added: http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=179010.msg3865151#msg3865151
SirNick
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2013, 06:27:45 pm »
Ignore

Police Surveillance Act

1. All police vehicles in the Mideast region must be fitted with high-definition cameras to be used for surveillance purposes.
2. Attorneys representing those depicted in the resulting video shall have access to such video, including the entire encounter and all other relevant footage.  Police departments may charge a reasonable processing fee in order to fulfill such requests.  Public Defenders and their clients shall be exempt from this fee, at the discretion of the court.

Here is the link to the previous GM's analysis before section 2 was added: http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=179010.msg3865151#msg3865151

Most of that money is going to be raised by municipalities (in Section 2), so it wouldn't effect the budget. The amount that it'll raise in revenue for your region is negligible unless you want the police department to charge $1k a pop...you really need to define reasonable.

Keep SJoyce's analysis of Section 1.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2013, 06:39:54 pm »
Ignore

Police Surveillance Act

Most of that money is going to be raised by municipalities (in Section 2), so it wouldn't effect the budget. The amount that it'll raise in revenue for your region is negligible unless you want the police department to charge $1k a pop...you really need to define reasonable.

Keep SJoyce's analysis of Section 1.

When written, the word "reasonable" was used so that the standard rules of discovery would apply.  "Reasonable" would be up to the trial court to decide during the discovery period.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2013, 11:06:23 am »
Ignore

Can I have the following analyzed, please?  My suspicion is that the cost/revenue raised would be negligible.  If so, there's no need to do any further analysis.

Emergency False Alarm Act
1. No person within the Mideast Region may intentionally create a situation that creates a false impression of an emergency requiring the action of emergency responders.
2. The term "emergency" shall be defined as any situation that poses a significant threat to life or property and requires the action of emergency response services.
3. Any person found in violation of the above provisions shall be subject to a $50,000 fine and/or imprisonment of length as established by a judge.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2013, 09:31:31 pm »
Ignore

I don't mean to be pushy, but it's been almost 2 weeks since Siren submitted his proposal.  Do you know when you expect to have that analysis?
SirNick
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2013, 03:05:59 pm »
Ignore

Hi everyone -

This is not a dramatic post. I will be resigning as Game Moderator. I anticipated it taking up more time than being Governor did, and I anticipated it being harder than being Governor. What I did not anticipate was dreading coming to the forum. Looking at my thread started to feel like a chore, and I realized that even though I wanted the job, doing the job felt more cumbersome than fun.

I read, on here, something on the level of "When Atlas starts to feel like a chore, it means you're doing something wrong." On top of this feeling, my IRL work and personal obligations are demanding. Due to that, I will be resigning my position as Game Moderator.

Anyway, I want to apologize to a few people in the process. I've let a number of you down -- Maxwell, Duke, Nix, North Carolina Yankee to name a few.  I realize it has been a very short period of time, but this decision is better made earlier and not later.

I'm not leaving Atlasia, I will continue playing, just not in my current position. Duke gave me a heads up on who he is going to appoint as Game Moderator, and this person has my full and unconditional backing.

Best,

Nick
SirNick
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2014, 04:40:03 pm »
Ignore

Your God has returned. Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwgtr05pmPM
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 04:42:54 pm by SirNick »Logged
SirNick
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2014, 08:35:27 pm »
Ignore

I just did a quick breakdown for Dallasfan65.

In the Northeast per household income...

23% of households make less than $50,000 a year.
30% of households make $50,000 to $80,000 a year.
10% of households make $80,001 to $100,000 a year.
37% of households make more than $100,000 a year.

Now, the last figure might seem high, but remember --two people in the same household both making $50,001 per year, falls into that category.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout