Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 27, 2015, 08:12:29 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  The Oval Office (Lumine/SJoyce Administration) ("We will prove them wrong")
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: The Oval Office (Lumine/SJoyce Administration) ("We will prove them wrong")  (Read 4428 times)
President LumineVonReuental
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2015, 11:00:44 pm »
Ignore

February 18th: A Speech on the current Political Situation:

Nyman, District of Columbia:

Despite earlier plans to do so at the end of this term, President Lumine gave a speech today explaining some of the reasons behind his disappointment with the current situation of Atlasia, being critical of the role played by the three main political parties of the nation.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Ladies and gentlemen,

Good day. The past few days have seen quite a good amount of events and scandals for the nation, a lot of speculation on my role and my personal beliefs regarding the Presidency, and I think the time has come for me as your President to comment on them. I will do so with as much honesty as possible, unpleasant as that could be for some who tend to be overly protective when it comes to certain individuals or institutions.

Before I get to subject I wish to extend my condolences to the people of the Papal Patch over the demise of their land. Heroic or ridiculous, I respect their efforts in trying to create a new nation and I think I speak for most of Atlasia when I say that they are welcome back on their homeland. I should also note that the administration is not ignoring SirNick's horrible actions, the current international situation and the Pacific worker’s strike, and I am currently holding talks with my cabinet to see what is to be done.

What brings me here today is what I admitted in another thread a short time ago, that I happen to be very disappointed and perhaps frustrated with the political situation in Atlasia. I feel that we are living in a context which is far more negative than we think it is. It was my intention to speak up my mind after my term was over, but in the eve of a general election it would be cowardice to shut up because of the potential consequences, and since my opponents have made it clear that I am nothing more than a lameduck to them I do not fear what some may say of this speech.

I strongly believe that in the present time the three major political parties of Atlasia; the Federalist Party, the Labor Party and The People’s Party are having a negative impact on our nation due both to their actions and their lack of them. I strongly believe their participation in recent events has led us to a situation in which personal attacks are the norm, where scandals are either used for political effect without regard of the consequences or ignored to suit the needs of the major political forces. When Duke left office and during the first weeks after that he warned of the potential end to the Era of Good Feelings, and after the terms of DemPGH, Tyrion, Cranberry and my own it is far too evident that things have changed a lot.

I am deeply disappointed because of what has happened so far. I am disappointed because of President Napoleon, who was constantly reelected for office and defended despite his record and his message, because some chose to ignore that he was in fact guilty of a crime. I am disappointed because of President Tyrion, who mocked our judicial system with his pardon and then abandoned this nation in its greatest hour of need, only to be cheered at his return. I am disappointed because one of our former Governors committed voter intimidation and he charged this administration with the blame, a view that actually has supporters. I am disappointed because one of our regions continues to pass ridiculous and frivolous laws, while those who speak against such a situation are attacked and widely mocked. I am disappointed because blatant scheming from the parties is fiercely defended and perhaps even encouraged, all for the sake of power and not in the defense of ideas. And I am also deeply disappointed at myself for having defended things that I should not have, because I should have known better and because the Office of the Presidency deserves better from me.

The fact that my presidency has not been easy is something for which I take a good part of the blame, and to consider myself some sort of victim would be beyond ludicrous. But I am disappointed in the major political parties of Atlasia because they keep encouraging this negative context that drives us into gridlock and disappointment, because these situations keep arising and nothing is done about them. The Federalist Party has been unable to stand up for its views for a long time, calling itself a party while ceding ground and arguing that parties should remain the same because of historical precedents. The People’s Party, despite the sympathy and the friendship that I have with so many of its members, seems to prioritize personal agendas and personalities, not ideas, and the effects seem clear at the light of recent revelations and reactions. And while I hold a lot of respect for many members of the Labor Party like Speaker Bore, the fact is that an entire wing of the party has spent months attacking this government (and before that, whoever dared to opposed something done by Labor) in an almost irrational way, doing most than anybody to impose a negative discourse that I've had to deal with ever since I ran against TNF and especially when I opposed President DemPGH, and I've had enough of that.

Atlasia is an election game that needs political parties and its strategies, which cannot be denied. Winning elections and creating strong parties is a crucial part of the game, but Atlasia is not only about that, and the fact remains that all three parties have been growing more flawed as time goes. Day after day more and more negative precedents are being set (like a GM deleting a bunch of historical records); day after day we have a scandal defended by some and attacked by others, and the lies keep mounting up. I do not think this is a widespread feeling among most players, but I am personally worried about the future of Atlasia if things continue to be like this and if the three major parties refuse to change for the sake of "winning" the game.

To clarify, I speak up because I feel I have to say something in light of the recent events and because of my own frustration at how things have been for quite a while. I don't want to stay silent because I could lose the support of somebody, or because my words could offend many who love their own parties, I would like to think that the Presidency allows a man to speak freely and openly with the people, as long as he can be respectful. I don't speak only to forget my words, and I will do my best to remain consequent to the views I've exposed.

Thank you very much,

LumineVonReuental, President of Atlasia.
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2015, 05:24:37 pm »
Ignore

Press Release from the White House:

I condemn in the strongest possible terms the attack on the Census Bureau Office. To attack the records of the nation is a very serious crime and the implication of an attempt to destroy the tools of our nation to hold an election is frankly terrible, a show of the dangers that extremist views can bring. My thoughts and my prayers are with the guard who was injured while bravely repelling this horrible act, and I can only hope he will make a speedy recovery.

I will contact the cabinet and see what can be done in terms of both investigation and the need to ensure the safety of tonight's election.

Sincerely,
The President.
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2015, 09:34:28 pm »
Ignore

President Lumine meets with Crown Prince Muqrin:

With the election in full swing and with international developments on the struggle against ISIS mounting up, I had the chance to hold a very productive meeting with Saudi Crown Prince Muqrin in the White House, where I had the pleasure of having him as a guest. While for obvious reasons the details will remain a secret, we had a detailed discussion on ISIS and the war on terrorism, taking into account the relationship between Atlasia and Saudi Arabia and need for collaboration if we are to vanquish the spectre of totalitarianism.

While my term may be almost over, soon to be Sec. of State Superique and me will do whatever is necessary to prosecute this struggle and leave a firm legacy for the winner of the election, and several options are indeed being considered once the hearings are over.

LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2015, 09:53:49 pm »
Ignore

February 21st: White House Press Conference:

Right in the middle of disturbing developments regarding the Census Bureau Attack and other issues in need for discussion, the President held a lenghty press conference today explaining his views and beliefs on recent events across the nation.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Census Bureau and Fritz: I'd like to express my sadness at the news of Registrar General Fritz's departure from the Census Bureau at the start of March, and at the same time offer him my most sincere congratulations on his excellent performance and his highly efficient tenure. It won't be easy to replace such a great officeholder, and I don't envy the task of the next President in choosing a new Registrar General.

Aaron Green: I think the starting point to talk about what's going on with the nation is clearly the regrettable demise of Aaron Green, a hero who died defending some of the most crucial mechanisms of our democracy. My thoughts and my prayers are of course with his family, although I do feel that attending his funeral myself would be disrespectful to a family that needs to recover from such a loss, not making his death a political issue.

Terrorist Attacks: I said very clearly I was dissapointed at the surge in actions like this, and I stand for those comments. I condemn Barney Rochambeau at his coward actions and his implication of a political force that had nothing to do with the attacks, just as I condemn the rushed actions of the crowd that attempted to, and I quote "hang the bastards". Ever since I took office this administration has been fully committed to enforce the rule of law and secure the order of the nation, and we cannot tolerate extremist actions like this.

The Election: While it is imprudent of me to comment before the full results are in, I do think some tendences are very clear in light of the current results, so while I personally believe some calls are rushed it is pretty evident that the results will have some very important consequences for the political section I am currently a part of, and I look forward to the reactions and the post-election analysis. Other than that, I'd like to reassure our voters that the Department of Interior has done everything that's possible to ensure the safety of the election, and I encourage those who have not voted yet to go to the polls and make their voices heard.

Senator Cris
Cris
YaBB God
Italy

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2015, 10:31:45 am »
Ignore

Thank you for the service. As said in private, you are a great president, a reformer and I hope to see you soon run for an office! Atlasia needs you.

LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2015, 11:55:41 am »
Ignore

Thank you for the service. As said in private, you are a great president, a reformer and I hope to see you soon run for an office! Atlasia needs you.

Thank you very much, Cris, and thanks for your constant support as Chief of Staff and as a Senator. I'm not quite sold on the idea of running for office right after leaving office since I need a rest, but inactive I will not be!

Press Release from the White House:

Yesterday I went to the Census Bureau to change my party registration, thus making me an independent for the time being. The Presidency remains my most important duty, but I will be taking action regarding the political parties very soon.

I would also like to note that the administration is watching the issue of terrorism very carefully, as we are worried over the rise in violence and the attacks that have claimed a good number of lives so far. Actions are to be expected, for I will not stand for doing nothing against terrorism.

Finally, I wish to extend my public congratulations to Senator Bore for winning the Presidency and Superique for being confirmed as the Secretary of State.

Sincerely,
The President.
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2015, 06:56:32 pm »
Ignore

I have contacted both the regional executives and the main officers of the cabinet to respond to the terrorist crisis, and I will address the nation tonight. Executive orders dealing with this are also to be expected.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
YaBB God
Brazil

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2015, 08:49:25 pm »
Ignore

I have contacted both the regional executives and the main officers of the cabinet to respond to the terrorist crisis, and I will address the nation tonight. Executive orders dealing with this are also to be expected.

I shall give my address later tomorrow.

"When people want less of taxes and more of everything else, you've got a problem." Jerry Brown

"Government has become so vast and impersonal that its interests diverge more and more from the interests of ordinary citizens." George McGovern

"Don't pray for easy lives, pray to be stronger man." John F. Kennedy
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2015, 09:41:23 pm »
Ignore

February 25th: "We will prove them wrong":

President Lumine addressed the nation today after the most recent series of terrorist acts in Atlasia, offering his take on the situation and explaining some of the measures taken by his administration.

Ladies and gentlemen,

Good day.

I think that before I get to speak about the most important issue that we face I should express my sadness at the coward attack on the Keystone Phil Federal Building. I cannot find the words to express the emotions that I feel at this moment, but my prayers are with the families of the victims and with those injured in this act. This is the largest loss of Atlasian life since the Civil Conflict, and I believe that this is a moment many of us will never forget.

I am going to be plain with all of you, because this is not a political speech. I have a great belief in the rule of law, and in the concept that law and order are crucial for a modern society to progress. Some may disagree with political views, some may disagree with our system of government, but that some would find it reasonable to do things like what we saw on the Census Bureau, in the South, in Kansas and in Nyman is beyond despicable. I have seen politicians and citizens from all sides condemning these acts, and I believe that as nation we will be united against terrorism.

Through this evening I have contacted the Regional Executives of Atlasia to ask for their cooperation in ensuring the safety of the regions, and I have contacted the Cabinet to enact several measures to react to these events, including investigations from the Department of Justice, increased safety measures from the Department of Interior, and intelligence and military arrangements from the Department of State. To that I have added two Executive Orders, branding the True Atlasian Patriots and Patriotic Militia of Atlasia (the main organizations that we know so far) as terrorist organizations, to be hunted down by all the might of the Federal Government:

Executive Orders: February 25th:

Subject: Terrorism:

Quote from: Executive Order #024
I hereby declare that the True Atlasian Patriots and Patriotic Militia of Atlasia are to be considered terrorist organizations in light of their actions and their potential ties to several terrorist acts committed in the past few days.

Quote from: Executive Order #025
Federal Law enforcement agencies are hereby tasked with bringing the members of the terrorist organizations named by Executive Order #024 to justice.

That is what we have done, and we will continue to act until this administration leaves office. We will investigate, we will get to the bottom of this and we will bring those responsible for these attacks to justice, and prove once and for all that our system works. If you don't mind me being very personal here, I am not really a fan of the militias. I truly appreciate the efforts of the citizens and their enthusiasm to fight back the spectre of terrorism, but with our law enforcement system fully committed to this situation I can only believe that the rise in militia groups has the potential to lead to unnecessary violence and I have expressed my concerns to the Regional Executives.

I want to make one thing perfectly clear as I end this brief address to the nation. I will not stand for Atlasia to be threatened by groups of extremists, and I will not stand for our citizens having to fear for their lives thanks to the actions of a few. We will prove them wrong by upholding the rule of law, by showing the strength of our belief in democracy, by providing strong leadership, and we shall do that by the will of the good people of Atlasia.

Considering how many of you must feel right now, I ask you to be hopeful. Atlasia is a nation that has overcome many challenges in the past, and I do not feel this is one that will prove stronger than the ones that we have vanquished with hard work and an unbreakable will. I do not know, my fellow citizens, whether this struggle will be brief or long. But I do know that we will prove them wrong.

Thank you very much,

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout