Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:31:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 48
Author Topic: Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE  (Read 182216 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: March 05, 2014, 07:47:28 PM »

I love you homely baby, and if Duke doesn't give you some kind of award before the end of his term (like some nice bribe money), I'll impeach him myself. Wink

Seriously though, with all the bitching lately about cabinet officials like certain types of moderators and such that have led to resignations and the lack of appreciation, it is about time we had some loving adoration for one who definately deserves it.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #876 on: March 19, 2014, 07:01:20 PM »

Maybe I'm not the right person, but lets just put this here:

homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #877 on: March 20, 2014, 08:24:15 AM »

I'm not sure how Yankee wants to handle this. The law is not quite clear on this point. Does X resign his Senate seat by his deregistration?

It might be prudent to amend the FDRA to prohibit deregistrations by elected officials.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #878 on: March 20, 2014, 08:42:17 AM »

I suppose the Senate could impeach him if the status of his office is in serious question. However, that shouldn't be necessary. As far as Atlasia is concerned, if you're not on the voting rolls, you don't exist.

And can't be a Senator that must be impeached.  My opinion is that, homely can just create precedent wherin we just consider deregistrations as resignations when pertaining to an officeholder.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #879 on: March 20, 2014, 09:14:57 AM »

Makes sense to me. As soon as Yankee notifies me that there is indeed a vacancy, I'll schedule a special election.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #880 on: March 20, 2014, 06:45:38 PM »

Makes sense to me. As soon as Yankee notifies me that there is indeed a vacancy, I'll schedule a special election.

The issue is that Yankee isn't currently PPT, so that becomes Matt's job.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #881 on: March 20, 2014, 09:27:40 PM »

The issue is that Yankee isn't currently PPT, so that becomes Matt's job.

... and now it belongs to Yankee again.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #882 on: March 21, 2014, 03:44:01 AM »

Mr. Secretary,

The premature departure of Mr. X, has led to a vacancy of his At-Large #3 seat, and such will thus need to be filled by a special election.

Regards,
Senator North Carolina Yankee,
Senate President Pro-Tempore.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #883 on: March 25, 2014, 11:04:12 PM »

Mr. Secretary,

Will there be an election?

Sincerely yours,
Simfan
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #884 on: March 26, 2014, 08:02:01 AM »

Yes, of course. It will start in about 39 hours.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #885 on: March 26, 2014, 01:10:43 PM »

The election starts in 39 hours and we have no one declared for it? God, save Atlasia!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #886 on: March 26, 2014, 01:20:27 PM »

One would have thought this would have been announced! Well, now we know.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #887 on: March 26, 2014, 09:43:04 PM »

I should have made a formal announcement. This is another instance in which I am made aware that something which I see as self-evident and obvious apparently isn't to everyone else. Apologies.

The fact that no one really noticed or took much interest in the Senate vacancy until the last minute, however, speaks volumes about the current level of engagement with Atlasian politics.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #888 on: March 26, 2014, 10:03:24 PM »

I should have made a formal announcement. This is another instance in which I am made aware that something which I see as self-evident and obvious apparently isn't to everyone else. Apologies.

The fact that no one really noticed or took much interest in the Senate vacancy until the last minute, however, speaks volumes about the current level of engagement with Atlasian politics.

I have been dropping "anvil sized hints" about my intention but did not want to declare prematurely.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #889 on: March 26, 2014, 10:51:08 PM »

There were a lot of people who considered themselves for the race at a very last minute basis, but I think we have a solid amount of candidates for this race.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #890 on: March 26, 2014, 10:57:03 PM »

This was being widely discussed as far back as last Tuesday.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #891 on: March 27, 2014, 08:07:41 AM »
« Edited: March 27, 2014, 08:10:11 AM by homelycooking »

This little faux pas also speaks volumes about my level of engagement with Atlasian politics nowadays. Tongue
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #892 on: March 27, 2014, 08:09:52 AM »

REPUBLIC OF ATLASIA - In Dave We Trust
Sample Ballot

This special election is held in accordance with Article V of the Constitution and with the Consolidated Electoral System Reform Act. The regular election begins at 0:00 EDT, Friday, March 28, and ends at 0:00 EDT, Monday, March 31.

DO NOT EDIT OR DELETE THE POST CONTAINING YOUR BALLOT IN ANY WAY AFTER 20 MINUTES OF ITS BEING POSTED OR YOUR VOTE WILL BE INVALIDATED

The act of campaigning within the election booth is strictly forbidden and will render void any votes made by those who campaign. The act of campaigning is considered to include, but is not limited to, strong attempts to compel others either to vote or not to vote for one or multiple candidates, or other related activities that could reasonably be construed as a direct attempt to influence how future voters cast their ballots. In other words, this is not a discussion thread. In short, the department will be taking a liberal interpreation of this, so Keep posts to votes only.

Place the numbers 1, 2, etc. in the space provided beside the candidates who you wish to vote for to designate your order of preference for these candidates.  If any other mark or attempt to order the candidates is made, the Department of Forum Affairs will make every effort to deduce voter intent from the content of the ballot, but the warning must be issued that failure to follow the above instructions may result in the invalidation of your ballot in the event of an inability to discern voter intent.  You are an eligible voter in general if you were registered to vote on or before the proper date, and if you made 10 posts in any location within the Atlas Forum in the 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the regular election. In other words, if your name appears on the Census list, you can presume you are eligible.  

In the event that you do not support any listed candidate or that you support one or many candidates that are not listed in addition to those that are, you may write in other candidates and include them in your list of preferences.  Space is provided for one such write-in, but as many can be listed as you wish.  In the event that you do not support any listed candidate, and do not wish to write in any candidate, you may place an X or a 1 beside "None of the above", and only beside "None of the above".  In the event that an X or a 1 appears beside "None of the above" on a ballot, all other marks or numbers will be ignored.  It is not permissible under current election law to vote for both "None of the above" and other candidates.

Note that voting begins at midnight and ends in exactly 72 hours.

Names of candidates follow in alphabetical order.

AT-LARGE SENATE (1 vacancy to fill)

[  ] Alfred F. Jones of Massachusetts
Labor Party

[  ] Deus naturae of New York
Democratic-Republican Party

[  ] Simfan34 of California
The People's Party

[  ] Write-in:______________________________
-__________________

[  ] None of the above
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #893 on: March 27, 2014, 11:03:58 PM »

Assuming my recent move to Maine is legal, you should change that. JCL and Poirot have declared as well, though I'm not sure if there's a deadline or whatever.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #894 on: March 28, 2014, 12:36:11 AM »

Should the voting booth be open by now?
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #895 on: March 28, 2014, 08:11:38 AM »

It would have been opened had I not fallen asleep at my computer. I'm really very sorry, this is the best that I can do. Poirot and JCL declared less than 24 hours before the start of the election, so they have official write-in status, but can't be listed on the ballot.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #896 on: March 28, 2014, 08:14:04 AM »

If there's someone who is really interested in becoming SoFE, you might want to consider replacing me with that person. You guys deserve better.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #897 on: March 28, 2014, 08:56:43 AM »

Poirot and JCL declared less than 24 hours before the start of the election, so they have official write-in status, but can't be listed on the ballot.

That is unfortunate. There was a 20 hour period after the confirmation of the election to meet the ballot deadline.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #898 on: March 28, 2014, 09:05:55 AM »

If there's someone who is really interested in becoming SoFE, you might want to consider replacing me with that person. You guys deserve better.

everyone makes mistakes, and you've been a consistently good sofe since forever.

that said, if you really feel this way, i'm up for it. been doing trackers the last few elections, anyway.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #899 on: March 28, 2014, 11:03:42 AM »

Poirot and JCL declared less than 24 hours before the start of the election, so they have official write-in status, but can't be listed on the ballot.

That is unfortunate. There was a 20 hour period after the confirmation of the election to meet the ballot deadline.

I confirmed that there would be an election on March 26 at 9 AM. The election began today, March 28, at 9AM. The deadline for announcing one's candidacy was therefore set, by law, at 9 AM on March 27, 24 hours before the commencement of the election. You and JCL announced your candidacies on March 27 at about 5 PM, 16 hours before the election. If I had opened the voting booth on time, you would have declared only 7 hours before the election.

I've made lots of mistakes in this election, but I don't think that this is one of them. My apologies to you and JCL, Poirot, but for the time being I can only recommend that you declare your candidacy as early as possible if you want to be included on the ballot. 

I think it might be reasonable to change the law to allow for last-minute declarations of candidacies before special elections, however. I don't see any practical reason why Poirot and JCL should be kept off the ballot. 

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 48  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies