Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:30:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 48
Author Topic: Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE  (Read 181875 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: March 28, 2014, 01:10:46 PM »

I see no good reason, unless homely actually wants out, for a new SOFE. Considering his prior record and the fact that the error was very minor especially compared with how regional elections are regularly handled it makes sense for everyone to move on.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #901 on: March 28, 2014, 02:15:20 PM »

Homely is what keeps Atlasia together. I honestly don't know what we'd do without him.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #902 on: March 28, 2014, 02:22:57 PM »

If homely is wanting to leave, we shouldn't hold him hear if doesn't want to do the job. And that's not against him: he's done a wonderful job as SoFE. However, if we need someone new, we should start that search, and I think butafly is a good candidate for that role.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #903 on: March 28, 2014, 02:54:22 PM »

If homely is wanting to leave, we shouldn't hold him hear if doesn't want to do the job. And that's not against him: he's done a wonderful job as SoFE. However, if we need someone new, we should start that search, and I think butafly is a good candidate for that role.

As I read this I was thinking "who the hell is this newbie talking like he knows everything?" and then I was like "oh it's maxwell" so you should go back to being an I-OK.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #904 on: March 28, 2014, 03:22:32 PM »

Well, at the very least, I'll certainly be around to administer (on time!) the April general election.

I've been at this job for two and a half years, and I must admit that I'm not as passionate about it as I was back in - incredible to think of it - 2011. I still want to do my job fairly and responsibly, and I'll keep serving for as long as the President and Senate wish me to. But if there is someone who really has his heart set on this job, I will step aside in favor of that person. It might be time to give someone else a chance.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #905 on: March 28, 2014, 03:47:18 PM »

Falling asleep at the keyboard once shouldn't be an impetus to resign, especially when you've been doing this job faithfully and reliably for two and a half years. I disagree with your point about "giving someone else a chance" in regard to this position because it is primarily a bureaucratic, or "behind the scenes" role in this game, and there's no need for turnover in the position if not necessary. You should only resign if you feel you are incapable of doing it fairly and responsibly, which by all means, you are completely able to do.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #906 on: March 28, 2014, 03:54:31 PM »

I have full and absolute confidence in the SoFE. Please don't go anywhere.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #907 on: March 28, 2014, 04:00:39 PM »

I have full and absolute confidence in the SoFE. Please don't go anywhere.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #908 on: March 28, 2014, 04:01:44 PM »

Dear god, don't leave.  You're the most consistent aspect of this place.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #909 on: March 28, 2014, 04:49:23 PM »

The fact that I've served for this long, severed any and all attachments to partisan politics and campaigning and devoted my efforts in Atlasia entirely to administering elections probably makes me difficult to replace anyway, since I think that people might expect the same of a new SoFE.

We've been here before, haven't we? I make some blunder, offer to resign, and when many people express their desire for me to continue in the job, I stay on. I very much appreciate the expressions of confidence in my work that I've received from many here, though I'm certain that I haven't done as "wonderful" of a job as many seem to think. Perhaps it's possible for a SoFE to have a better track record, allowing for the occasional blunder, perhaps not. Perhaps we'll never know! Tongue
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #910 on: March 28, 2014, 04:56:21 PM »

Seriously Homely, you've been too much time on that position! Time to engage on new actions! =)
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #911 on: March 28, 2014, 04:58:22 PM »

Seriously Homely, you've been too much time on that position! Time to engage on new actions! =)

No, he has done an amazing job at this office and he needs to stay here and keep put unless he truly does not want this job anymore.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #912 on: March 28, 2014, 07:16:34 PM »

Poirot and JCL declared less than 24 hours before the start of the election, so they have official write-in status, but can't be listed on the ballot.

That is unfortunate. There was a 20 hour period after the confirmation of the election to meet the ballot deadline.

I confirmed that there would be an election on March 26 at 9 AM. The election began today, March 28, at 9AM. The deadline for announcing one's candidacy was therefore set, by law, at 9 AM on March 27, 24 hours before the commencement of the election. You and JCL announced your candidacies on March 27 at about 5 PM, 16 hours before the election. If I had opened the voting booth on time, you would have declared only 7 hours before the election.

I've made lots of mistakes in this election, but I don't think that this is one of them. My apologies to you and JCL, Poirot, but for the time being I can only recommend that you declare your candidacy as early as possible if you want to be included on the ballot. 

I think it might be reasonable to change the law to allow for last-minute declarations of candidacies before special elections, however. I don't see any practical reason why Poirot and JCL should be kept off the ballot. 

Would this work?:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #913 on: March 29, 2014, 01:16:41 AM »

Was just looking at the current rough count and noticed that quota is exactly reached in the final round (Simfan/Alfred). What happens if neither candidate hits the quota in a head-to-head match-up? Has that ever happened before? Would the candidate with the fewest votes simply be eliminated?
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #914 on: March 31, 2014, 08:09:57 AM »

I think that this may have been the first time during my tenure as SoFE that I managed to close the voting booth after exactly 72 hours.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #915 on: March 31, 2014, 08:30:35 AM »

I move that the votes of ProgressiveRealist and Xahar be iinvalidated.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #916 on: March 31, 2014, 08:33:16 AM »

Why?
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #917 on: March 31, 2014, 08:43:34 AM »

I mean PR's vote could be invalidated because he changed regions during the election period, but I don't really see why that's a problem for a federal election, and I see nothing wrong with Xahar's  vote.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #918 on: March 31, 2014, 08:47:12 AM »

I mean PR's vote could be invalidated because he changed regions during the election period, but I don't really see why that's a problem for a federal election, and I see nothing wrong with Xahar's  vote.

Xahar did not actually vote. He submitted two images, one of which expressed support for a "DEVS NATVRAE". I might be a latinophile, but that's not a person.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #919 on: March 31, 2014, 08:49:17 AM »

Xahar did not actually vote. He submitted two images, one of which expressed support for a "DEVS NATVRAE". I might be a latinophile, but that's not a person.

It clearly said Deus Naturae, and there is no reason for someone to invalidate a vote because of a font or of an image that only holds text.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #920 on: March 31, 2014, 08:50:48 AM »

I mean PR's vote could be invalidated because he changed regions during the election period,

PR didn't move - he's been in the ME for some time, with a restriction on leaving until 6/26.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #921 on: March 31, 2014, 09:21:06 AM »

Unwillingness to accept the fact that he lost, one would assume.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #922 on: March 31, 2014, 09:22:47 AM »

And even if Xahar's is invalidated, you still lose  Simfan.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #923 on: March 31, 2014, 09:23:32 AM »

Whatever, whatever. I withdraw my contentions. Let Labor have its "victory".
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #924 on: March 31, 2014, 09:24:55 AM »

Whatever, whatever,  I withdraw my contentions. Let Labor have its "victory".

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 48  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies