Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:52:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE  (Read 183095 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« on: February 19, 2012, 11:07:59 PM »

I voted for Polnut/Fuzzy, not Polnut/tmth, FTR.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 11:21:56 PM »

Great, now I need to check every ballot for those little nuances...

What's more, pretty sure anyone who doesn't name a VP in their vote is technically voting for [Presidential candidate]/Vacant, which is technically a different ticket from [Presidential candidate]/[running-mate].

Have fun!

No, I don't think so. Ebowed/Q semi-stole an election this way and the law was changed to be more specific.

But I think you when you specifically write-in a different VP, it doesn't count.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 03:56:22 PM »

From what I remember, the Governor appoints someone to the seat unless the region has specified otherwise.

For at-large seats, if there are less than six weeks left in the term, then the party may appoint a replacement.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 07:05:32 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2012, 07:08:05 PM by bgwah »

From what I remember, the Governor appoints someone to the seat unless the region has specified otherwise.

Here's the problem: how do I definitively confirm the absence of a law? Should I presume that no law has been passed?

For at-large seats, if there are less than six weeks left in the term, then the party may appoint a replacement.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is Article I, Section 4, Subsection 5. I can't find any amendments to this language, which specifies a cutoff of three, not six, weeks.

hmm yeah, I guess there would be a special election then. I forgot we changed it to "three weeks before the next election" from "six weeks left of the term." So it's a special election (by less than a day). lol. Tongue

As for the regional seat, that shouldn't be your concern. If they don't have a law then by default their Governor does the appointment. If they do have a law specifying otherwise, I think the region should deal with it.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 11:30:17 PM »

I see the Atlasian left has reverted to a dysfunctional joke.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 11:52:56 AM »

Rigged!
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 12:05:31 PM »

Shouldn't opebo count as a first preference for me?
I don't think so. I think that may be a similar circumstance to what happened in June 2009, though my memory is foggy.

Then President and VP are essentially elected separately which wouldn't make sense.

his voter intent was clear
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies