Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:13:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE  (Read 183137 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« on: December 05, 2013, 09:40:59 PM »

I thought that the accepted way to change one's registration was to post again, not to edit an old post. If the latter had been the case, a poster who registered in August 2004 and had edited their post in January 2013 to change party affiliation could expect the Registrar General to record that change.

Seems pretty clear that he was not a member of the Progressive Union when he resigned.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 09:46:39 PM »

The relevant statue states that the law is only applicable if the resigning Senator was a member of a major party, so the seat would have to remain vacant, I am correct. I think when Wormyguy was expelled about a month before the At-Large Senate Election of August 2012, his seat lay vacant since he was the only member of the Rick Perry Party (not to mention he had disappeared totally).
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 10:20:42 PM »

It's been evident for quite some time that you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, so it's entirely possible you would resign without knowing what party you're in. Lol
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 10:28:23 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2013, 10:30:40 PM by Talleyrand »

What happened to the "party of ideas"? Party of personal attacks and pettiness was more appealing? According to the Census Bureau, I am a member of the Progressive Union and was at the time of my resignation. Unless you ha e hard evidence contradicting this, well, you don't. Too bad.

dude your last piece of legislation was about clones

Amending a law that was already existing! Apparently clones have been important to this government for years.

If your party switch didn't count until RG updated his thread, then why did you edit *and* delete the post?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 10:34:23 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2013, 10:43:43 PM by Talleyrand »

So are you going to back and delete every one of your posts in that thread dating back to its creation since you didn't have a "beach house in focking Nevada"? And why you couldn't have edited your original post another time to express a change in state since apparently editing it to express a change in party affiliation was okay? Roll Eyes

Your excuses are even more pathetic than your actions.  
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 12:17:16 AM »

Last I checked TNF had a 14-12 lead with Grant and Dead not voting and Julio invalid.

If Velasco invalidated his vote, TNF should still lead 13-12 no?

If Julio is counted as valid, it becomes a 13-13 tie.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 12:21:07 AM »

Last I checked TNF had a 14-12 lead with Grant and Dead not voting and Julio invalid.

If Velasco invalidated his vote, TNF should still lead 13-12 no?

If Julio is counted as valid, it becomes a 13-13 tie.

What is the argument for counting it as valid?

My guess would be that the campaigning was on the presidential end of the ballot, so the senate end would still be valid. While the argument for it being invalid is that it could have directly influenced both races since it was a comment made about TNF, who was on the ballot for both these elections.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 08:59:05 PM »

I made a post about this which you ignored. Tongue I suspect Homely has similar reasoning.

I am 95% sure in previous elections, this vote would have been counted. "Sorry Duke" is an expression Lief has used before in this board, so we can be sure of its intent; it's really no different than "All these candidates are great". As for not listing V.P. candidates, I am fairly sure examples of such votes being counted to the total regardless. Even if it were somehow invalid, it would ONLY invalidate his presidential vote (there's a precedent from the June 2013 election about this).

Julio's however, is blatantly invalid, as it disparages a candidate for both Senate and Vice President outright.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=159644.msg3432368#msg3432368

Here is an example of a ballot on which the voter wrote "sorry (insert candidate's name)" here before proceeding to vote for his opponent. I do not recall any stink being made over this, and his vote was counted. Admittedly, this was a regional election, but the situation is not much different than this one.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=169415.msg3629919#msg3629919

Here is Lief's presidential ballot from February. He wrote "Marokai for President" without listing a running mate and his vote was counted.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 12:40:05 AM »

Due to the sheer closeness of the final result (currently hinging on one vote, with Lumine ahead 68 to 67), I will not certify the election results today in my capacity as Deputy Secretary of Federal Elections. I will instead wait for Secretary Homelycooking to return and release his official report so we avoid any potential issues here.

It should be noted voter turnout was the highest in Atlasian history in terms of raw votes cast.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 12:53:22 AM »

You think I'm going to delete the booth? Roll Eyes
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 01:18:31 AM »

Wasn't GPorter's vote counted because multiple people had seen the vote and knew it had existed unaltered when the booth had closed? I assume that's what would happen in most of these scenarios.

Anyway, I'll leave the business of answering Hagrid's question to Homely, since he is in charge of his Department and I am just his humble servant.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 03:47:18 PM »

Falling asleep at the keyboard once shouldn't be an impetus to resign, especially when you've been doing this job faithfully and reliably for two and a half years. I disagree with your point about "giving someone else a chance" in regard to this position because it is primarily a bureaucratic, or "behind the scenes" role in this game, and there's no need for turnover in the position if not necessary. You should only resign if you feel you are incapable of doing it fairly and responsibly, which by all means, you are completely able to do.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 05:21:35 PM »

We need secret ballot elections. I hate how in every election people are trying to strategically alter votes in some way.

How can that be accomplished, though?  If the ballots are completely secret, there's no way to ensure that they're being counted fairly and accurately.
^^^

Secret ballot voting sounds great in theory, but there are far too many potential issues with such a practice in a game like Atlasia to make it a reality.

These elections are as open and fair as I think we can realistically get in this game, while still keeping it enjoyable.

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 08:35:06 PM »

One issue: it was Cynic/Griff in October 2013, not Griff/Cynic (though I'm flattered).

Also, what about first round results? That'd make bore's victory look a lot better in comparison. Cheesy

bore's thing is from the first round results, otherwise it'd be 60-40 or whatever the margin was (I deleted my second round calculations about 115 votes in).

It would have been 71 Bore, 54 Maxwell with 2 exhausted. So 56.8-43.2.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 08:41:36 PM »

The voting booth has been posted.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=211181.0

DO NOT VOTE UNTIL MIDNIGHT EASTERN STANDARD TIME.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies