Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:49:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE  (Read 183148 times)
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« on: October 09, 2012, 05:21:20 PM »

There's a Communist Party of Atlasia and nobody told me about it ? Who runs it ?
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 09:24:46 AM »

On the third ballot, why is SoS eliminated and not Spamage, since they both have 18 votes at this point ? There must be a tie-breaking rule I guess, I just don't know which one. Thanks.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 12:02:28 AM »

I think Simfan really has a case to be made. It's getting obvious though that the only possible outcome is the SoFE calling the election with his interpretation, and Simfan challenging the result in court.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 12:16:51 AM »

If we got the ruling of the Chief Justice right, "there should be no doubt as to the intent of the voter.", I don't see how we can interpret that otherwise than meaning "there should be no doubt as to the meaning of the voter's ballot as a whole, the full intent of the voter". Otherwise the same ballot could be valid in some cases and invalid in some others, which I don't think is right.

Yeah, I studied law... We practically get boners from that sort of cases...
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 12:42:04 AM »

And so if you had been tied with Speed of Sound we should have thrown away his ballot, but with Simfan we should not ? I'm really not a fan of this "variable invalidity ballot theory"...

Don't get me wrong, I don't have an agenda against any of you here, just trying to reason legally what should be decided. FWIW I'd say that all three litigious ballots are invalid. I don't even know what consequence that would have on the outcome.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 09:35:05 PM »

Talk about a close race... In Atlasia, not in America ! Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies