I see a country by Reaganfan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:02:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I see a country by Reaganfan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: I see a country by Reaganfan  (Read 9332 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 17, 2012, 10:34:41 AM »

I love the United States of America. I love her so much that it hurts and makes me angry, frustrated and saddened when I see her in bad shape.

All around the world in Human history we've seen attempts at Government and society that could better the lives of people. Sadly, most of these attempts failed. But, for almost 237 years now, the United States of America has remained the sole torch that carries the light of freedom around the world. Many other countries now live under monarchies, dictatorships, and even anarchy. But America remains freedom's last best hope. Where would people look to without the United States? Greece? France? China? It's a scary thought, which is exactly why we need to keep the fundamental principals of the United States alive and well for freedom's preservation.

Today, however, I see a bleak picture for the short term United States. I see a nation where people fear using the word God, which our country was founded on, which appears on our currency, because they are afraid that they may offend a select few people.

Government and higher-ups...must stay out of the lives of the American people. Don't tell us what doctor to go to, don't take the money we earn, don't tell us what we can feed our children in school lunches. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. President Ronald Reagan said, "I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves." Agreed, Mr. President.

The business of Government is NOT to control the American people. It's the job of the American people and the entrepreneurial spirit to help America run.

As Ronald Reagan also once said, "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" It couldn't be more true.

When I hear Republican candidates speak about "the two visions for America", I know exactly what they mean. I see a country where people are terrified to do or say what's fundamentally right for fear of insulting a very small fraction of people. I see a country where people do everything they can to recieve goods and services for free, not to save money, but just because they feel entitled to it. They are entitled to nothing. The unalienable rights they have to act that way are what they are entitled to. Just as Westboro protesters can stand near a Military funeral and protest in a disgraceful way, regardless of how despicable it is, that is their right. It is the same that Americans have the right to bear arms. It's fact. It's our constitution. It's what America was founded on.

That's the difference between the ideologies. In the majority of America, if you asks somebody what they are, they don't say "a firemen" or a "teacher"...they say, "A Christian". Outside of New England, the West Coast and Chicagoland, it's quite different. I've heard people say, you want to feel the pulse of America, come to Trenton, or New York. I disagree, the pulse of America is in the heartland.

So comes my fear for the next four years. Barack Obama is re-elected. My fear is that the election will show America's divisions. As is the case in virtually ever national election, women and African Americans will vote overwhelmingly for the Democrats, while white voters and men will vote overwhelmingly for the Republicans. However, this fall, I feel it will be exaggerated. I feel that men and whites will vote astoundingly for the Republican candidate, most likely Santorum, while African Americans and women will vote astoundingly for Obama. Thus no matter what occurs (and don't rule out a Santorum victory with an Obama popular vote win) America will appear more divided than ever before along racial and gender lines.

Barack Obama will take office again on January 20, 2013 and the second term curse begins. From Watergate to Iran Contra to Impeachment to Katrina/Economic Collapse. 1974, 1987, 1999, 2006....second term years that left a large negative on each of those four Presidents. It's of course too early to yet determine if Barack Obama will escape the same fate.

Then you have the midterms of 2014, which if Obama is re-elected, appear favorable for Republicans. Then a wide bench of non-flawed Republican candidates vs. a slim bench of older, unappealing Democratic candidates. Thus in November 2016, we elect a Republican President, continuing the politics of the last 16 years of one party succeeding the other.

But in my heart I know America will come back, it's just a question of if and when. I still see a country I love.

- Reaganfan
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 10:45:30 AM »

You realise you're not actually a fictional politician, just some guy on an obscure internet forum, right? Who is the intended audience of this vapid drivel?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 10:58:45 AM »

Cry
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 11:08:59 AM »

The first sentence made this perfect.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 11:40:00 AM »

You realise you're not actually a fictional politician, just some guy on an obscure internet forum, right? Who is the intended audience of this vapid drivel?

It's more bearable if you imagine Reaganfan reading this at a chic club in Beatnik-era Greenwich Village:

I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by big 80s hair.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 11:46:19 AM »

Government and higher-ups...must stay out of the lives of the American people. Don't tell us what doctor to go to, don't take the money we earn, don't tell us what we can feed our children in school lunches. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. President Ronald Reagan said, "I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves." Agreed, Mr. President.

The business of Government is NOT to control the American people. It's the job of the American people and the entrepreneurial spirit to help America run.

It would be nice if you actually believed that.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 11:50:33 AM »

I love the United States of America. I love her so much that it hurts and makes me angry, frustrated and saddened when I see her in bad shape.

just remain calm, son, for a couple of more minutes...the POTUS is sending the F35 pilots the go-codes, and they'll be in your sector soon.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 01:37:33 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2012, 01:41:34 PM by Northeast Speaker Scott »

Ask her about self-induced vomiting after meals, perhaps? </lame joke>
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 01:43:13 PM »

You realise you're not actually a fictional politician, just some guy on an obscure internet forum, right?

Perhaps Naso has been inspired by Bandit, President of New America.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 01:50:05 PM »

PRESIDENT NASO! PRESIDENT NASO! PRESIDENT NASO!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 01:56:52 PM »

You are meeen!
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 01:57:41 PM »

Unless it's an abortion doctor, THEN you can tell us what doctor to go to

President Ronald Reagan said, "I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."

Unless we want to do cocaine, THEN the Government can protect us from ourselves

The business of Government is NOT to control the American people

Unless said American is gay.

That's the difference between the ideologies. In the majority of America, if you asks somebody what they are, they don't say "a firemen" or a "teacher"...they say, "A Christian"

I lol'd

So comes my fear for the next four years. Barack Obama is re-elected.

Along with Republicans taking control of the Senate and keeping the House

I feel that men and whites will vote astoundingly for the Republican candidate, most likely Santorum

Because white men overwhelmingly went out and voted for the white, homophobic, bible-thumping duo last time around.

Then you have the midterms of 2014, which if Obama is re-elected, appear favorable for Republicans.

Because the GOP definitely exceeded expectations in the 2010 midterms...

Well that was fun.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 02:18:25 PM »

Don't waste your time, 20RP12.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 02:56:08 PM »

I got really distracted by thinking about why you capitalized "human."
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 03:36:41 PM »

I wonder how long it took Naso to write this with only one hand.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 04:08:29 PM »

Barack Obama will take office again on January 20, 2013 and the second term curse begins. From Watergate to Iran Contra to Impeachment to Katrina/Economic Collapse. 1974, 1987, 1999, 2006....second term years that left a large negative on each of those four Presidents. It's of course too early to yet determine if Barack Obama will escape the same fate.

Does this mean that Naso is now retroactively rooting for Walter Mondale? Tongue
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 05:20:32 PM »

Ok, so he definitely got dumped (sorry if I missed a literal admission of that in another thread).
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 06:41:25 PM »

Every year that goes by, the obsessive Reagan quoting by GOP politicians seems weirder and weirder.  There were over half a dozen Reagan references in that post.  I mean, Democrats aren't immune from this, but it's usually a JFK quote or a FDR quote.  Thirty years from now, will Republican politicos be going, "I remember coming home from school and seeing my mom watching Ollie North testify.  The man was a true American patriot!"
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 07:27:18 PM »

Wait...did we touch on the classic Naso-ism at the end? "In my heart, I know America will come back..." He says he knows this and then says in the same sentence that's it's just a question of "if." Perfection.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 01:42:01 AM »

I can't speak for people in the 'Heartland', but as somebody from New England, the West Coast, and/or Chicagoland, in my experience if you ask somebody what they are, they'll ask for clarification as to what in the world you're talking about.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 01:54:07 AM »

"People fear using the word god" lol.  Because non-believers are so meeeeeeeeen.  Sad 
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2012, 02:15:34 AM »

Reaganfan 2012! Cheesy great speech...er..whatever that was supposed to be.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2012, 02:41:18 AM »

what the f is this nonsense
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2012, 05:45:39 AM »

Naso constantly gives off a strong Ron Donald vibe. I feel like he would act exactly the same way as Ron did if he had the chance to meet Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2012, 09:46:42 AM »

I just find it absolutely hilarious that Christians think they're under attack and their way of life is being endangered...yet a majority of Americans are Christian, a majority of our politicians are Christian, a majority of celebrities are Christian...I just find it funny that fundamentalist Christians wonder why people hate them so much...it's not because their religion is based around a book of supposed accounts of the son of god...who could walk on water, heal the dangerously ill, multiply food, etc. People hate them because they have specific prejudices because their god wants them to be prejudiced...that's kind of hypocritical. It's like "love everyone...except gays, women, blacks, jews, muslims, etc." That's not loving everyone. I've always pondered something else too: if god is this miracle healer who can promises to heal his children in their need, why is their poverty, disease, natural disaster? Like Jim Carrey said in the film Bruce Almighty, "god is just a kid on an anthill with a magnifying glass." Clearly this "god" does not love his children enough. Or maybe he's just prejudiced. He didn't save the 6,000,000 jews annihilated in the Holocaust, he doesn't save the victims of natural disasters, he allows his children to die of horrendous diseases like cancer and AIDS. It's really quite sad. I lost my faith in god because I was suicidal and I kept praying to god, thinking he'd help me. But I just sank deeper and deeper into the darkness. I gave up. Clearly he didn't love me enough to save me. He wanted me to die. I saved myself without god, without religion, without church. I still battle depression, but knowing that I don't waste my time praying to some deity who just doesn't care is somewhat comforting. I dunno. I don't mean to offend anyone, by the way. Sorry if I did.

/rant
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies