Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2014, 08:23:53 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  Economics (Moderator: ag)
| | |-+  US unemployment increases in mid-Febuary according to Gallup
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: US unemployment increases in mid-Febuary according to Gallup  (Read 434 times)
Yank2133
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2012, 01:34:08 pm »
Ignore

Strange, giving unemployment benefits dropped to it's lowest levels since 2008.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/152753/Unemployment-Increases-Mid-February.aspx
phk
phknrocket1k
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 03:06:46 pm »
Ignore

Last months jobs report could be encouraging people to jump back into the labor market, thus pushing up the rate.

Yank2133
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 03:11:19 pm »
Ignore

Last months jobs report could be encouraging people to jump back into the labor market, thus pushing up the rate.

Yeah, that is what I thought as well.
cavalcade
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -3.13

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 04:38:05 pm »
Ignore

I've never heard of Gallup as an authority on this.

That should happen at some point, which will allow for the hilarious spectacle of Republicans saying "the unemployment rate has changed, because of the President's policies!" and the Obama administration saying "but look at the labor participation rate!"
Politico
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 07:21:34 pm »
Ignore

Gallup's "underemployment" figure is probably the best guide to an idea of what the labor market is really looking like right now. Of course, it would be nice to get reliable data on the number of people who would like to work, but have become discouraged and dropped out of trying to find a job.

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."

- Bastiat
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 09:47:12 pm »
Ignore

Gallup's "underemployment" figure is probably the best guide to an idea of what the labor market is really looking like right now. Of course, it would be nice to get reliable data on the number of people who would like to work, but have become discouraged and dropped out of trying to find a job.
I am disappointed in you. I expected explicit vilification of Obama in this post when I saw your name next to the thread.
Politico
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 09:58:30 pm »
Ignore

I am disappointed in you. I expected explicit vilification of Obama in this post when I saw your name next to the thread.

When I post in forums other than the 2012 one, I lay off the Romney dope for the most part.

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."

- Bastiat
Ebowed
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -8.32, S: -9.30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 06:17:23 am »
Ignore

Surely, growing numbers of people are no longer eligible for them regardless of their inability to find jobs?

A tidal wave of healthcare has swept across coal country. 
Politico
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 06:12:30 pm »
Ignore

Surely, growing numbers of people are no longer eligible for them regardless of their inability to find jobs?

Yeah, I think the maximum amount of weeks in any state is 99, almost two years (with some states having as few as 26-46 weeks). The recession started in December 2007, so obviously a lot of people have run out of benefits...

- Bastiat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout