US unemployment increases in mid-Febuary according to Gallup
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:55:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  US unemployment increases in mid-Febuary according to Gallup
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US unemployment increases in mid-Febuary according to Gallup  (Read 635 times)
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 17, 2012, 01:34:08 PM »

Strange, giving unemployment benefits dropped to it's lowest levels since 2008.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/152753/Unemployment-Increases-Mid-February.aspx
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 03:06:46 PM »

Last months jobs report could be encouraging people to jump back into the labor market, thus pushing up the rate.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 03:11:19 PM »

Last months jobs report could be encouraging people to jump back into the labor market, thus pushing up the rate.

Yeah, that is what I thought as well.
cavalcade

Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -3.13

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 04:38:05 PM »

I've never heard of Gallup as an authority on this.

That should happen at some point, which will allow for the hilarious spectacle of Republicans saying "the unemployment rate has changed, because of the President's policies!" and the Obama administration saying "but look at the labor participation rate!"
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 07:21:34 PM »

Gallup's "underemployment" figure is probably the best guide to an idea of what the labor market is really looking like right now. Of course, it would be nice to get reliable data on the number of people who would like to work, but have become discouraged and dropped out of trying to find a job.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 09:47:12 PM »

Gallup's "underemployment" figure is probably the best guide to an idea of what the labor market is really looking like right now. Of course, it would be nice to get reliable data on the number of people who would like to work, but have become discouraged and dropped out of trying to find a job.
I am disappointed in you. I expected explicit vilification of Obama in this post when I saw your name next to the thread.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 09:58:30 PM »

I am disappointed in you. I expected explicit vilification of Obama in this post when I saw your name next to the thread.

When I post in forums other than the 2012 one, I lay off the Romney dope for the most part.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 06:17:23 AM »

Surely, growing numbers of people are no longer eligible for them regardless of their inability to find jobs?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 06:12:30 PM »

Surely, growing numbers of people are no longer eligible for them regardless of their inability to find jobs?

Yeah, I think the maximum amount of weeks in any state is 99, almost two years (with some states having as few as 26-46 weeks). The recession started in December 2007, so obviously a lot of people have run out of benefits...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies