A Different Type of Timeline: The 2020 Election, and Onwards.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 11:34:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Different Type of Timeline: The 2020 Election, and Onwards.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Should I keep writing?
Yes keep writing

No stop please

Write a new timeline on something else

Stop making kittens cry

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 10

Author Topic: A Different Type of Timeline: The 2020 Election, and Onwards.  (Read 10523 times)
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 17, 2012, 04:21:41 PM »
« edited: February 18, 2012, 01:54:48 PM by Santorum 2012 »

Hey guys. I'm going to try to make a timeline. It will not have any real politicians in it, only fictional ones I made up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome to ZNN News. I'm Hansen Donnelly, and I'm here with a Special treat tonight. We will be covering, in depth, the 2020 Presidential elections. Yes, it's only 2019, but the earlier the better!

Well, we all know that President Diego Halderas-Martinez (Democratic-New Mexico)* is term limited, and can not run again in 2020. This leaves the Democratic Party with the task of finding a successor to the wildly popular 67 year old President.

Republicans will be trying to take the Presidency back for the first time since they won in 2008. The party is desperately praying for a win after being out of the Oval Office since 2013, and being the Minority Party in Congress since 2017. Who will stand up and lead the dying Republican party back to relevance?

Well, let's look at the potential candidates for 2020:

Democrats:

Vice President Manuel Scotia (D-Virginia)
Governor Tyler Miawakia (D-Hawaii)
Governor Garrett Garner (D-Montana)
U.S. Ambassador to France, and Former U.S. Senator Henry Jeauxex (D-Louisiana)

The Democrats could potentially have a decent sized field. However, Vice President Scotia is easily the favorite. The Vice President was responsible for leading the fight to protect Unions from a national right-to-work law that was being considered in 2015 by the than GOP Dominated Senate. Scotia is not only loved by the Union lobby, but also by the environmentalists as he was one of the key figures who helped get the strictest  environmental regulations on corporations in American history back in 2014.

Republicans:

U.S. Senate Minority Leader John Zimmerman (R-Missouri)

You know your political party is in trouble when there's only one potential candidate. Senator Zimmerman seemingly came out of nowhere. He was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2012 in a stunning 56-37 upset over Senator Clarke Dante (D-Missouri). As Senator he quickly became the GOP's poster child, and one of their few rising stars. He led the surge to pass a national flat tax rate in 2014. He stood up to President Harderas-Martinez, and led the GOP Congress into passing the historic legislation. He was also able to overturn the President's veto of that law by courting moderate democrats to support the law. From that moment he became the leading figure in the opposition to President Halderas-Martinez and his Democrats.

More will be released on these potential candidates later on...

We will now move on to the many challenges the GOP faces next year:

* a Democratic President who's averaged a 2.8% unemployment rate in his Presidency.
* a very Popular Democratic Adminstration (The President has a 56% approval, and a 32% disapproval)
* The GOP still hasn't recovered from the major political scandals** that  cost the GOP their majorities in the Senate, and House in 2016.
* Only one potential candidate for President.
* Only 25% of Americans are registered Republican.
* Great Economy, and a peacetime.
* A massive Demographic problem. In 2016, Republican nominee Harry Twizzler (R-Nebraska) won only 50% of white voters, and 28% of Hispanic voters.

Clearly, the Republican Party is in big time trouble. Will they be able to recover?

* Halderas-Martinez is first Latino President in American History, and first Puerto Rican President.
** Major banking scandal rocked the Republican party in 2016 leading to getting crushed in the Presidential, and Congressional elections. 20 members of Congress (all republican) were arrested, and convicted of mass corruption, and bribery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright, let's take a look at the last two presidential election results to see how America's politics are broken up geographically.

2012 Presidential Election:
Former U.S. Senator Diego Halderas-Martinez (D-NM) / Governor Manuel Scotia (D-VA): 318 EVs ; 52.4%
President Gary Tylers (R-IN) / Vice President Josh Mandelbrot (R-NJ): 220 EVs  ; 45.1%
Other: 2.5%

2016 Presidential Election:
President Diego Halderas-Martinez (D-NM) / Vice President Manuel Scotia (D-VA): 398 EVs ; 55.6%
U.S. Senator Harry Twizzler (R-NE) / U.S. Congresswoman Joel Woodbury (R-NH): 140 EVs ; 41.7%
Other: 2.7%

Clearly been a very rough era for Republicans. Well, we'll be back right after these messages...

Indy Prez
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 04:51:22 PM »

i don't get it. Are these characters descendants of former presidents in the latter part of some 1850s-onward timeline?
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 04:54:02 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2012, 04:56:21 PM by Santorum 2012 »

1-06-2019:

In Washington D.C., RNC Headquarters

A dark, messy haired, tall, handsome man walks into RNC Chairwoman Callie Winston's office.

"Callie...what's this nonsense of a potential Zimmerman Candidacy?" Said the man.

The Blonde haired, middle aged woman looked up to the man through her cheap, plastic glasses, and said with a grin "Why, John, I have no idea how this rumour got into the news . But...I do believe you should run. The Party needs you."

The Senator slammed his fist onto the Chairwoman's desk. "Damn it Callie. You know I don't want to be President! No Republican has won since that moron Tylers back in '08. I'm not putting my career on the line any longer for the party..."

"Your career? On the line? Since when did you EVER risk your career for the GOP? You built your entire damn career based off breaking with the party! AHHHH! I've never seen anyone walk away from a nomination in which they'd be unopposed!"

"Callie...the reason why there are no candidates in our primary is because we are in the f***ing crapper! Mainly thanks to you!"

"...You really cannot be serious! Your entire career has been based off helping this party, and now you are backing away from us? You are blaming me for our party's problems? How about you blame the guy who preceded me as chair! The man who you stood with until he got himself arrested! I've been chairwoman for 2 years. This isn't my fault you damn fool. "

"I'm leaving, I refuse to be yelled at by you. Go find someone else to be our sacrificial lamb."

Senator Zimmerman storms out.

Chairwoman Winston slammed her fist into her desk. This is the Republican party today. Unorganized, weakened, and still recovering from a major scandal.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 04:54:53 PM »

i don't get it. Are these characters descendants of former presidents in the latter part of some 1850s-onward timeline?

No? why? I said none of these characters are real. None of these events are real.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 07:47:56 PM »

no one interested?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 09:48:22 PM »

I like it
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 10:55:07 AM »

(Thanks Alfred)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1-09-2019: Governor Garrett Garner (D-Montana) announces he's running for President.

The Left-Libertarian, 46 year old, two term Governor of Montana has announced in Missoula, Montana that he will be running for President. Claiming that he can bring 4 more years of the three Ps: Peace, Prosperity, and Productivity.

The governor is well known for his conservative stances on economic issues like taxes, and Unions, but supports a very Dove-like, and Anti-war foreign policy. He is also very socially libertarian being Pro-Choice, Pro-Gay, Pro-Weed, and Pro-Prostitution.

He was named the most Libertarian Governor in America for 5 years straight. His Libertarianism has gotten him into trouble with very liberal Vice President Manuel Scotia on many occasions.

He has much appeal in the Mountain states, and could help flip states like ND, SD to the Democrats.

I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 11:46:46 AM »
« Edited: February 18, 2012, 11:50:40 AM by Santorum 2012 »

1-09-2019:

In Washington D.C., Senator Zimmerman's Office:

Senator John Zimmerman sat at his desk, blankly staring at the ceiling. He had just called up numerous republican politicians, trying to convince them to run for President. They all laughed at the idea of them running for President. Hell, he even called Former President Gary Tylers, and he said no!

He pulled out his cellphone, and called up his wife, Natalie.

"Honey? It's me, John..."
"What? Did something happen?
"No...nothing happened...well, nothing yet. But, there have been efforts lately to push me into the Presidential race..."
"Oh...Do you want to be President?"
"No...Yes...I don't know! You know how hard it's become for a Republican to be elected President..."
"Is there no one else? Why do they want you to be the scapegoat?"
"They don't want a scapegoat. They want a winner as our nominee. That's why Callie has pretty much forced any other candidate to stay out. G-d, why do they want me? I'm just a Jewish man, who somehow became a Senator!"
"Well, you did reform the tax system. You could run on some economic issues. Halderas-Martinez hasn't touched education or healthcare reform."
"Yea, I guess I could run on those. But, I can't just run on two issues. Halderas-Martinez has easily been the least controversial president in American history..."
"Well, Cuba's been acting up lately. He's refused to do something for the Cuban People. Everyone thought that after Fidel Castro called it quits back in, what, 2008-2009, that Cuba's communist government would fall..."
"Babe, you should be running for President, not me haha."
"John, I'm just a businesswoman, you're the big, bad politician."
"Haha"

*Suddenly there were knocks on the Senator's door*

"Hey Nat, I gotta go, but I'll think about running."
"Ok, bye, love you!"
"Bye, I love you too"

*Hangs up cell*

"Who is it?"
"Senator, it's me Jack." said the man behind the door.
"Come on in..."

A grey haired man, about the age of 59-60, around 6'5 in height, walked in.

"How do you do Jack?" said Zimmerman with a smile. Finally someone who won't badger me about a presidential campaign he thought.
"I'm fine. But you clearly are not." said Former Senate Majority Leader Jack McClaine of Oregon.
Senator Zimmerman's smile quickly turned into a frown. "Jack. I don't need another lecture on how I need to save the party..."
"I'm not here for that. I'm just here to make sure you're ok."
"I'm fine, just sick of all this crap."
"I would be too...who were you talking too on the phone?"
"My wife? is that illegal now?" said a clearly irritated Zimmerman.
"Whoa. Just asking, what's with the hostility?"
"Jack, I've known you for 15 years. I can tell when you want something."
"Well...It's not just me..."
"I know it's not just you, but I need time to think over this before I commit political suicide."
"Fair enough. You know Garner is running for the Dems?"
"Yea. He's a d***hebag. He claims to support a flat tax rate, yet he opposed mine."
"Well, it still got passed into law without his help."
"Yea, we were lucky to get enough Blue dogs to overturn that veto..."
"Which you organized."
"Oh please. It's not hard to convince those morons."
"Look, whether or not you like it, you have the balls, and the leadership to lead our party, and country. You were only in your 2nd year as Senator, and you not only stood up to the President, but overturned his veto, and made him look like an idiot."
"Well, why aren't you running? You have more accomplishments than me? You were the Senate Majority Leader for 4 years, you were Senator for around 20 years."
"...I'm too old, I was our Senate leader when we lost the senate, and ----"
"And what? you don't want to get crushed in the general? Oh, and you're not too old. Tylers was 65 when he was elected in '08. "
"John, look I can't tell you what to do, only you can. I gotta run, I'll catch you later..."

McClaine leaves.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 02:04:54 PM »

1-12-2019: Vice President Manuel Scotia (D-Virginia) will run for President.

The 54 year old, two term Vice President, former Governor, and former Congressman announces in Washington D.C. that he will seek the Presidency as the successor to his current boss, President Diego Halderas-Martinez. Vice President Scotia is known for being one of the most liberal politicians in America today, often compared to left wing European leaders. He's been one of the strongest supporters for America's Labor Unions.

He will be running on a very liberal platform that calls for Universal Healthcare, federal legalization of gay marriage, and overturning Sen. Zimmerman's flat tax system.

When he was Governor of Virginia he was constantly badgered for ignoring the interests of rural Virginia, and for being in the pockets of of the Unions. Scotia denies both.

As Vice President he has been active in fighting poverty in African-American, and Hispanic-American neighborhoods, and protecting workers' rights all across the country.

He is the first openly Agnostic Vice President in U.S. History. He became an agnostic after leaving office as Governor.

1-14-2019: President Diego Halderas-Martinez (D-New Mexico) states that he will not endorse anyone in the Democratic primaries and will wait until the Democrats have a nominee.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 05:02:54 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2012, 05:07:34 PM by Santorum 2012 »

02-02-2019: GOP Chair "doesn't know" if party will field a nominee

It's February of 2019, and the Democrats have two candidates, while the GOP has...0. ZNN decided to interview the GOP Chairwoman, Callie Winston, to find out what was up. She said "doesn't know" if her party, the party she runs will even field a candidate or nominee.

"If you want to blame someone for that, well, blame U.S. John Zimmerman. He was the guy we wanted to run. He decided that it'd be a better course of action for him not to run. In my opinion, he's being very selfish, and self centered."  Said the Chairwoman.

Senator Zimmerman's office has not responded to these attacks as of yet.

2-03-2019: U.S. Senator John Zimmerman (R-MO) blasts Party Chair for remarks ; Says he's looking at a Presidential run.

Sen. Zimmerman released the following statement:

"Chairwoman Winston's remarks are false. I did not walk out on my party. I haven't decide whether or not I will run in 2020. Clearly the Chair is feeling the heat on her seat and rightfully so. She has done nothing to advance the Republican party nationally. Unlike her I have a job that actually relates to every day Americans, and I will continue to do my job. Missouri comes before the Chairwoman Winston and her goals."

The Missouri Senator is, thus far, the only republican who has publicly stated he's considering a presidential run.

2-11-2019: First polls have been released for the 2020 presidential race by Zachariah Polling, ZNN, and WACH polling:

Who do you plan on voting for in the Democratic Primary?

Zachariah Polling:

A. Vice President Manuel Scotia of Virginia: 47%
B. Governor Garrett Garner of Montana: 23%
C. Undecided: 20%

ZNN Polling:
A. Vice President Manuel Scotia of Virginia: 42%
B. Governor Garrett Garner of Montana: 29%
C. Undecided: 29%

WACH Polling:
A. Vice President Manuel Scotia of Virginia: 56%
B. Governor Garrett Garner of Montana: 32%
C. Undecided: 12%

The Vice President has a clear advantage over Governor Garner as of today. This maybe because of the Vice President's higher name recognition and his more liberal politics.

Who would you support in the General Election?

Zachariah Polling:
A. Vice President Manuel Scotia (D-VA): 49%
B. U.S. Senator John Zimmerman (R-MO): 35%
C. Undecided: 18%

A. Governor Garrett Garner (D-MT): 42%
B. U.S. Senator John Zimmerman (R-MO): 30%
C. Undecided: 28%

ZNN Polling:
A. Vice President Manuel Scotia (D-VA): 50%
B. U.S. Senator John Zimmerman (R-MO): 39%
C. Undecided: 11%

A. Governor Garrett Garner (D-MT): 46%
B. U.S. Senator John Zimmerman (R-MO): 37%
C. Undecided: 17%

WACH Polling:
A. Vice President Manuel Scotia (D-VA): 48%
B. U.S. Senator John Zimmerman (R-MO): 33%
C. Undecided: 19%

A. Governor Garrett Garner (D-MT): 42%
B. U.S. Senator John Zimmerman (R-MO): 36%
C. Undecided: 22%

2-13-2019: U.S. Ambassador to France Henry Jeauxex (D-Louisiana) has announced that he will officially resign as Ambassador on Feb. 20th 2019 to "pursue other opportunities." This further fuels rumours that he may enter the Presidential race.
General White
Vegetaboi
Rookie
United Arab Emirates

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: 2.75

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 05:14:20 PM »

I like it please continue.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 06:11:58 PM »

Thanks! Cheesy I'll post another update later tonight.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 06:59:58 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2012, 01:50:22 PM by Santorum 2012 »

2-13-2019: U.S. Senate Minority Leader John Zimmerman (R-Missouri) has announced he is running for President today.

The 50 year old, 2 term U.S. Senator, and former Congressman has announced in St. Charles, Missouri that he is running for President as a Republican. He is the first, and only republican so far to announce he is running. He will have to face the difficult task of beating a very popular party.

He was elected to the Senate in 2012, and re-elected in 2018. He is known for his conservative politics, and for reforming the American tax code into a flat tax rate for all incomes of $30K and above. He was elected Minority leader in the aftermath of the disastrous 2016 election.

Before his Senate career, he was a Congressman, and before that a very successful businessman.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 11:23:55 PM »

I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 12:34:36 AM »

Thanks! Cheesy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2-14-2019: Former Senate Majority Leader Jack McClaine (R-Oregon) endorses Sen. Zimmerman at rally in St. Louis ; Calls 2020 election "Last stand for the Republican Party"

A critical endorsement for Senate Minority Leader Zimmerman's campaign from someone who once was the most powerful republican in America. Although it is an important endorsement, it is not surprising, as the two have been very close friends for around 15 years.

McClaine was critical in Zimmerman's campaign for the Senate in 2012. This may stop any potential republican primary opponents from running, as McClaine still has much influence in the GOP. Even after he led the GOP Senate into a chainsaw in 2016.

McClaine joins the following influential Republicans in endorsing Zimmerman:

Governor Scott Nye of Arkansas
Senator Abby Moore of Alabama
Former President Gary Tylers of Indiana
Former Speaker Natasha Voltov of New York
U.S. Congressman Teddy Robinson of Missouri (2nd District)
U.S. Congressman Scott Ferrgano of Missouri (4th District)
Former Senator Roscoe Waterson of Missouri
House Minority Leader Annadale Taylor of South Carolina
House Minority Whip Danielle Klasing of New Hampshire
Senate Minority Whip and 2016 GOP Nominee Harry Twizzler of Nebraska
U.S. Congressman David Levine of North Carolina (9th District)

It seems as if Zimmerman has already been crowned the presumptive GOP Nominee only one day after announcing his run.

Can Zimmerman actually return the GOP to relevance? Or will he fall in November as the past two GOP nominees have?

2-16-2019: GOP Chairwoman Callie Winston states that the GOP will not sponsor a primary this election cycle, and that John Zimmerman is the presumptive nominee, and will be nominated unless he is challenged at the convention.

I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 12:59:30 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2012, 04:31:41 PM by Santorum 2012 »

2-28-2019: New polls released on Presidential race.

Zachariah Polling:

Manuel Scotia (D): 45%
Garrett Garner (D): 32%
Undecided: 23%

Manuel Scotia (D): 47%
John Zimmerman (R): 37%
Undecided: 16%

Garrett Garner (D): 44%
John Zimmerman (R): 41%
Undecided: 15%

ZNN Polling:

Manuel Scotia (D): 48%
Garrett Garner (D): 28%
Undecided: 24%

Manuel Scotia (D): 50%
John Zimmerman (R): 39%
Undecided: 11%

Garrett Garner (D): 47%
John Zimmerman (R): 40%
Undecided: 13%

WACH Polling:

Manuel Scotia (D): 44%
Garrett Garner (D): 30%
Undecided: 26%

Manuel Scotia (D): 49%
John Zimmerman (R): 38%

Garrett Garner (D): 50%
John Zimmerman (R): 43%
Undecided: 7%

All three pollsters indicate that Vice President Scotia would win in a landslide over John Zimmerman, while Governor Garner would struggle.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 01:32:09 PM »

3-03-2019: Governor Garrett Garner captures key endorsements as he prepares for what looks like a two man showdown with Vice President Scotia.

Governor Garner has been endorsed by the following Democratic Leaders and organization(s):

U.S. Senator Larry Ewing of Montana
U.S. Senator Michael Scottsdale of Iowa
The Farmer's Bureau
The Montana Democratic Party
Former Governor Todd Geranger of Alaska
Former Ambassador to France Henry Jeauxex of Louisiana
U.S. Congresswoman Haley Weeden of Iowa (2nd District)

The three most critical of these come from Henry Jeauxex, the now former French Ambassador, who was listed as a potential presidential candidate, Iowa U.S. Senator Scottsdale, and Iowa Congresswoman Weeden.

Jeauxex is a moderate Democrat who could be essential in grabbing less extreme liberals from Scotia. The two Iowa politicians, obviously, will be a huge boost for Garner in Iowa.

But, can these endorsements help Garner? He is currently trailing badly in the primary, and barely leading against John Zimmerman.

The Vice President has also received some major endorsements in the past few weeks:

U.S. Congressman Alec DeLuca of Virginia (8th District)
U.S. Senator Erica Valeria of Virginia
Senate Majority Leader Todd Graham of New Jersey
Senate Majority Whip Kelly Noogan of Washington
AFL-CIO
The Virginia Democratic Party
U.S. Secretary of Treasury Donnie Giannini of Maryland
Speaker Nicole Heniskek of California (1st District)

It seems as if the Vice President has captured the establishment of the Democratic Party, with the exception of a few party leaders who have yet to endorse.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 04:31:07 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2012, 04:34:47 PM by Santorum 2012 »

3-20-2019: Sen. John Zimmerman resigns as Senate Minority Leader to focus on presidential bid. Minority Whip Harry Twizzler (R-Nebraska) will be the new Senate leader for the GOP.

3-28-2019: New Polls have been released:

Zachariah Polling:

Garrett Garner (D): 38%
Undecided: 18%

Manuel Scotia (D): 47%

John Zimmerman (R): 44%
Undecided: 12%

ZNN Polling:

Manuel Scotia (D): 43%
Garrett Garner (D): 35%
Undecided: 22%

Manuel Scotia (D): 46%

Garrett Garner (D): 43%
John Zimmerman (R): 42%

WACH Polling:

Manuel Scotia (D): 42%
Garrett Garner (D): 37%
Undecided: 21%

Garrett Garner (D): 45%

Vice President Scotia has made numerous gaffes throughout the month. Those gaffes have now made the Democratic race much closer, and puts Gov. Garner within striking distance.

John Zimmerman is now down by only single digits to the Vice President, and is in a virtual deadlock with the Montana Governor. Zimmerman's gains can be explained through his campaign platform. He's attacked the Halderas-Martinez/Scotia Administration for not passing education or immigration reform. He's also made the claim that America can't afford 12 years of one party dominating the Presidency.

Garner's continued weak performance against Zimmerman can be attributed to the fact that the Governor has yet to focus on the general election. His campaign has purely been one focused on winning the Democratic nomination.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 06:15:33 PM »

4-10-2019: Governor Garrett Garner is most popular Governor in America ; Zimmerman most popular Senator.

New polls show that Gov. Garner, and Sen. Zimmerman are extremely popular in their homestates.

Montana, do you approve of Governor Garner's performance?

A. Yes: 75%
B. No: 15%
C. Undecided: 10%

Missouri, do you approve of Senator Zimmerman's performance?

A. Yes: 70%
B. No: 17%
C. Undecided: 13%

Garner won his 2nd term in 2016 with 68%. Zimmerman won re-election last year with 64%.

ZNN News also polled the national approvals of the President, and the Vice President.

Do you approve of President Diego Halderas-Martinez?

A. Yes: 56%
B. No: 39%
C. Undecided: 5%

Do you approve of Vice President Manuel Scotia?

A. Yes: 48%
B. No: 43%
C. Undecided: 9%

Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 06:37:03 PM »

Add Congressman Carl Schulz (R-MA) to the list of endorsements for Governor Garner Wink

Seriously though, great timeline. I'll have to try something like this when I finish my other one.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 07:24:07 PM »

Haha thanks Cheesy

My next update is going to shake things up. Smiley
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 12:18:11 AM »

Haha thanks Cheesy

My next update is going to shake things up. Smiley

Look forward to it! Smiley
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 12:44:45 AM »
« Edited: February 21, 2012, 01:17:42 AM by Santorum 2012 »

Well, I decided to push back the "game changing" update until later on, as I feel like the characters still need to develop more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4-14-2019: ZNN has released the first batch of state-by-state Democratic Primary Polls!

Iowa Democratic Caucus:
Garrett Garner: 42%
Manuel Scotia: 35%

New Hampshire Democratic Primary:
Manuel Scotia: 55%
Garrett Garner: 36%
Undecided: 9%

South Carolina Democratic Primary:
Manuel Scotia: 39%
Garrett Garner: 32%
Undecided: 29%

As we can see, Vice President Scotia leads in 2 of 3 states polled. However, Gov. Garner is gaining fast.

ZNN noticed there is an ideology gap between the two Democrats:

Liberal Democrats: (63% of Democrats)

Scotia: 46%
Garner: 31%

Moderate Democrats: (35% of Democrats)

Garner: 58%
Scotia: 30%

Conservative Democrats: (2% of Democrats)
Garner: 60%
Garner: 20%
Undecided: 20%

Meanwhile, on the Republican side Sen. Zimmerman remains unopposed. Let's breakdown his approvals among the republican base.

Conservative Republicans: (75% of Republicans)

Approve: 81%
Disapprove: 11%
Undecided: 8%

Moderate Republicans: (24% of Republicans)

Approve: 68%
Disapprove: 26%
Undecided: 6%

Liberal Republicans: (1% of Republicans)
Approve: 38%
Disapprove: 57%
Undecided: 5%

4-25-2019: NARAL endorses Vice President Scotia ; The U.S. Chamber of Commerce stuns the country, and endorses Governor Garrett Garner over Senator John Zimmerman. The CoC called Zimmerman  "another big government republican" and Garner "a refreshing voice of reason...and it's not from the Republican Party."

Scotia has now launched ad's attacking Garner as "the most conservative candidate in the campaign."

4-26-2019: Senator John Zimmerman blasts Governor Garner by saying:

"The Chamber of Commerce has once again proven that they do not represent businesses. Governor Garner has raised Montana's state corporate taxes 5 times in the past 2 years. It currently sits at a 24% rate. The Governor also received a very negative review from the Club for Growth, and the Cato Institute last year. The CoC didn't endorse Garner for policy reasons, they endorsed him because his brother lobbies for them in Washington. "

Governor Garner called Zimmerman's comments "ridiculous" and Zimmerman himself a "sore loser."

5-01-2019: New polls have been released.

Zachariah Polling:

Garrett Garner (D): 41%
Undecided: 17%

Garrett Garner (D): 46%

ZNN Polling:

Garrett Garner (D): 42%

Undecided: 14%

Garrett Garner (D): 46%

WACH Polling:

Manuel Scotia (D): 41%
Garrett Garner (D): 41%
Undecided: 18%

Well, the Democratic primary has turned into a dead heat, and Zimmerman is closing in on Scotia while falling backwards against Garner.

It seems the CoC endorsement has helped make Garner the more electable democrat against Zimmerman.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 02:46:15 PM »

5-27-2019: Breaking News: A Third Democrat has entered the presidential race! Governor Tyler Miawakia (D-Hawaii) has announced he will be running for President.

The Hawaii Governor, and former U.S. Congressman has announced he will be running for President in Honolulu, Hawaii. Miawakia is a 52 year old Asian-American who served 5 terms in Congress before being elected Governor twice.

Miawakia is a fairly Liberal Democrat, except on the issue of taxes. He voiced support for John Zimmerman's flat tax rate back in 2014. However, other than that he has been a consistent progressive in politics.

He has long called for a Single Payer Healthcare system, and for more welfare benefits for Americans. Many political pundits assume that he will take chunks of support from Vice President Scotia, which would substantially help Gov. Garner.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 04:38:44 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2012, 04:42:13 PM by Santorum 2012 »

6-01-2019: New Polls out ; Scotia's support slashed by entrance of Miawakia.

Zachariah Polling:

Garrett Garner (D): 39%
Manuel Scotia (D): 30%
Tyler Miawakia (D): 22%
Undecided: 9%

Garrett Garner (D): 45%

John Zimmerman (R): 45%

John Zimmerman (R): 44%
Tyler Miawakia (D): 35%

ZNN Polling:

Garrett Garner (D): 40%
Manuel Scotia (D): 33%
Tyler Miawakia (D): 19%
Undecided: 8%

John Zimmerman (R): 48%
Undecided: 10%

Tyler Miawakia (D): 37%

WACH Polling:

Garrett Garner (D): 36%
Manuel Scotia (D): 30%
Tyler Miawakia (D): 24%
Undecided: 10%

John Zimmerman (R): 46%

Tyler Miawakia (D): 35%
Undecided: 25%

Vice President Scotia's campaign is officially in trouble. He is no longer the frontrunner for the Democratic nomination, and now trails John Zimmerman in all 3 major polls.

And here are some state-by-state polls for the Democratic Primary:

Iowa:

Gov. Garner (D): 45%
Vice Pres. Scotia (D): 24%
Gov. Miawakia (D): 11%
Undecided: 20%

New Hampshire:

Gov. Garner (D): 34%
Vice Pres. Scotia (D): 31%
Gov. Miawakia (D): 16%
Undecided: 19%

South Carolina: