Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 03, 2014, 02:14:41 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Election What-ifs? (Moderators: Bacon King, Dallasfan65)
| | |-+  Satellite - A Political Story: Ohio US Senate Election, 2016
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Who would you prefer to see running as the Democratic candidate for the US Senate from Ohio against Sen. Rob Portman?
Bob Hagan
Ted Strickland
Betty Sutton
Jennifer Brunner
Nina Turner
Connie Pillich
Tim Ryan
Show Pie Chart

Author Topic: Satellite - A Political Story: Ohio US Senate Election, 2016  (Read 252 times)
Rep. JoMCaR (F-MA)
JoMCaR
Peru

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2014, 06:49:41 pm »
Ignore

Hello again, Atlas Forum, I'm JoMCaR.

This poll will be useful for the creation of this story:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=187922.0

So let's vote!

Check this Wink

Democrats are Red
Republicans are Blue
Dear people of Atlas Forum
I truly love you Wink
Dubya
rpryor03
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 11:29:51 am »
Ignore

As someone who's lived in OH, Ryan ain't gonna run. It'll be Sutton or Brunner. Strickland's happy in semi-retirement.

My Views

Hon. R. Pryor III
Northeast Assembly (F-NJ)
Federalist Northeast Chair

Jo March Bhaer
Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 12:07:50 pm »
Ignore

Hagan or Ryan.

Quote from: Dwight D. Eisenhower
There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure.

Mark Schauer's biggest supporter:
MW Governor LeBron FitzGerald
adamobawesomebiberg
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 10:42:26 pm »
Ignore

My personal preference would be Nina Turner, but if she does knock off Husted this year, then I would want her to focus on her duties as Secretary of State instead of running for Senate. If she doesn't win though, then she'll be out of the Ohio Senate to so in that case she could be a great candidate against Portman. If Ed FitzGerald for whatever reason does lose to Kasich this year, then I would strongly get behind him to run against Portman to, but he might end up returning to his law firm instead if he loses to Kasich.

As for the others, Strickland won't run since he's now busy in DC as President of the CAP Action Fund which is good because the last thing we would need is another pro-gun Democrat up in Washington. Pillich I can guarantee won't run because assuming she beats out the unpopular Mandel for his State Treasurer seat this year, there's no way she makes the same mistake Mandel did 2 years in that made him as unpopular as it did. Bob Hagan, he's already filed and besides being a prominent state legislator over the past few years, he's too liberal to get elected in Ohio and he would be 67 in 2016, so not the best pick. Jennifer Brunner I could get behind, but from what I heard, she's more interested in a legal career more than anything else nowadays, so not impossible, but she probably won't run but would be a good candidate if she did run for the same Senate seat again. Betty Sutton I could definitely get behind to and she still resides in Ohio ever since her fluke defeat to Renacci, but she might not want to give up her job with the federal government. And Tim Ryan could actually work, to. He would be a strong candidate against Portman and while I'm not in his district, he's pretty popular and he's going unopposed against any Republican candidate this year in his re-election bid (barring the write-in campaign).

This will be a race to watch for sure though. With Portman coming out in favor of SSM, Zawistowski and the Ohio Tea Party will make sure they do whatever it takes to primary Portman and possibly recruit someone like Mike Dovilla, Matt Lynch, Kris Jordan, or even Josh Mandel to run against him to his right.

Economic: -7.16
Social: -2.87

RIP Gunny Sad

Cuyahoga County is #KeepingClevelandStrong! Issue 7 (sin tax) extends by a 56-44 margin! Cheesy

Welcome back LeBron!

Rep. JoMCaR (F-MA)
JoMCaR
Peru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 03:55:52 pm »
Ignore

UPDATE:

Ladies and gentlemen, this poll is now officially closed.

Now, I can proudly announce that Tim Ryan will be the Democratic nominee for the U.S. Senate from the state of Ohio in 2016. At least that's how it will be in "Satellite - A Political Story".

I want to thank everyone who voted in this poll. You are now part of this story Smiley

Check this Wink

Democrats are Red
Republicans are Blue
Dear people of Atlas Forum
I truly love you Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout