From the Darkness: A continuation of Death of a Nation - FINISHED
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 09:01:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  From the Darkness: A continuation of Death of a Nation - FINISHED
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Poll
Question: Shall I continue?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: From the Darkness: A continuation of Death of a Nation - FINISHED  (Read 33418 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2012, 11:01:18 AM »

How is Canada holding up?
OAM

« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2012, 05:10:06 PM »

Yeah, I've been wondering about Canada as well.

Anywho, I don't think Landrieu will hold up much longer.  I give him 6-8 months tops.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2012, 01:57:39 AM »

Then the real issue becomes is if the only major country left standing in the world 1) has a revolution, 2) breaks up, or 3) unites the country, if not the world, under a right-wing military junta that basically brings forth a second Feudal Age. 
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2012, 01:22:48 PM »

Conversation between two reporters – December 18, 2017

“You read the memo from AFA HQ?”
“Yeah, we’re not to address Landrieu as “President” anymore.”
“What do you think?”
“I don’t know…it’s a step closer to the policies that we’re fighting against.”
“I thought so too, but maybe they’re just trying to draw a contrast.”
“Is that guy even constitutionally the President?”
“Well, the power resides with him, and it resides with Xander. Both of them weren’t elected.”
“One dictator or the other?”
“More or less.”

An interview between a documentarian and a father in Missouri, in a town that has repeatedly gone back and forth between USA and AFA control – December 20, 2017

“Thank you for taking the time to sit down with me, I know its hard for you –“
“Not like we can go into town today anyway, the gunlord that Landrieu has in there will shoot on sight.”
“Why are they doing that? Don’t you need to go to town to buy…?”
“Well, its not like they sell much over there anymore, and its not like we can afford much. What people are left will go in to town to trade with others,  commodities is the currency here…”
“So why’d do they want to keep people out of town?”
“Don’t want us rioting, don’t want us assembling. They think since we were in AFA territory we’re all loyal to them now.”
“To be honest, I’m loyal to whoever is going to protect us and end the war.”
“Did AFA did that when they were here?”
“At first, they gave us supplies, food, aid, but then it quickly dwindled and as it became more sparse, their forces became more strict…more restrictions on what we could and couldn’t do…”
“Was there a real difference between the USA forces and AFA forces?”
“Yeah, the AFA forces weren’t killing randomly…there was violence still…they acted more like occupiers than liberators…the USA forces, well, they put these local gunlords in power…that was scarier for us than the AFA…you knew how to avoid trouble with the AFA…”

January 3, 2018 – Canadian Prime Minister Maxime Bernier’s Office

“Prime Minister, President Landrieu is asking for humanitarian assistance from us once again –this time they are threatening us with military action.”
“They do not have the capacity to hurt us. The minute they raise a hand to Canada is the minute Xander topples Landrieu. They know that.”
“Sir, their forces are on our border, they do still have nuclear weapons.”
“They used all the weapons they had access to, they are bluffing, and NORAD records confirm it.”
“Should we move troops sir?”
“No, Landrieu won’t advance. We’ve managed to keep Canada together with minimal uprisings throughout this…I’m surprised we managed to quell the radical Quebec movements concerns…but we’ve done it. We’ll beat back Landrieu if we have to as well.
“Are you worried about Xander?”
“Not yet.”

War Room – President Chuck Landrieu, Secretary of Defense George Rushbolt, Chief of Staff Tom Cole and other military officials  – January 5, 2018

“Force depletion report, Colonel.” The Secretary of Defense asked of an aide.
“Sir, our forces are depleting much more quickly than anticipated. Since our advance into the AFA occupied zones, we  have seen an increase in casualties…” the aide replied
“You have casualties in war, this isn’t new. How close are we to taking Xander out?” the President interrupted
“Sir, these aren’t normal battlefield casualties.” The aide squeaked
“What are they then?”
“Our forces rarely encounter combat with Xander’s…they have been retreating into areas not affected with radiation…that’s why ours are dying…they’re getting radiation poisoning…”
“Radiation? Why didn’t you tell me about this earlier?” Landrieu looked to his Chief of Staff
“Sir, you’ve disregarded the depletion memos up until now, you’ve disregarded the advice of people who have disagreed with you…” one of Landrieu’s top generals spoke up.
“Since when do you think you can talk to me like that?” Landrieu grew angry and red.
“Mr. President, at this point we have no hope of winning this. The best we can do is surrender and get our men the medical attention that they need and des –“ as the General attempted to finish his sentence the President pulled his sidearm and shot the General in his steps.
“Anyone else have a complaint about our strategy?” the President asked

Armed Forces of America Headquarters – January 10, 2018

“We’ve just gotten the orders from above. Operation Swooping Eagle is a go.”
“Excellent.”
OAM

« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2012, 03:18:21 PM »

I have to admit, the cognitive disconnect going on is reaching critical mass.  More fun that way though Wink
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2012, 06:47:18 PM »

..and I wonder if there have been reports of people wetbacking into Canada...or whether New York or California might ask help from Canada.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2012, 03:58:09 AM »

Here's pulling for Landrieu being the next to go. Cheesy
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #132 on: August 14, 2012, 05:38:16 PM »

Bump!
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2012, 06:53:59 PM »

Media Reports – late January 2018, early February 2018

“AFA forces are rolling back USA advances in the past few months. AFA has publicly released maps, now that they are on the advance, of areas that people should avoid that are affected by nuclear radiation. They “risk zones” are divided into extreme, high, medium, low and negligible.

“As AFA forces advanced back towards the nuclear affected areas, Xander ordered the evacuation of Kentucky, North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia. It is unclear as to who exactly controls these states which have been almost completely devastated due to the concentration of nuclear explosions in that area after the attack by the Landrieu Administration.”

“The AFA has pledged humanitarian aid to anyone evacuating the nuclear-states (North Carolina, Kentucky, Virginia and West Virginia) on their southern border. So far reports of humanitarian aid actually being there have been scarce.”

An excerpt from Russ Feingold’s Death of a Nation

“The southern border of the United States was increasingly disruptive as the Mexican people fought their own civil war between powerful organizations that originally formed around drug trade. The legitimate government had fallen after US illegal drug consumption dropped dramatically, and as a result the US stopped being the primary buyer of Mexican drugs. Competition grew exponentially and violence erupted all over Mexico. The government, which was already close to being a failed state, tried to stop it but the fight was too big for them. Now Mexico was being fought over between gangs that had only the interest of their own at heart –and profit.”

Their Central American neighbors were not faring much better, however; Canada took the title of the most democratic nation on earth.

At home, as the AFA forces pushed back Landrieu’s forces to the last three states that they still had control over – Indiana, Ohio and Pennsylvania. As the war drew to what everyone thought was a close, tensions between the independent American states and the Armed Forces of America heated up. 

The nuclear attacks, the radiation poisoning, and incredible levels of dissent within the USA territories made the AFA offensive easier than anyone could have anticipated

By the time spring rolled around, everyone knew that Landrieu had lost the war, but what no one knew was if Xander had won.

April 1, 2018 – Pittsburgh Citizen’s recollection of that day

“Yeah, I remember April 1, 2018. We call that day the beginning of the end around here. One of Xander’s infantry units had taken the city about a day or two before –came and searched my home they did, and others too. They were looking for Landrieu, they couldn’t find him. They knew he was somewhere in Pittsburgh. Xander offered the forces still loyal to Landrieu a “get out of jail free” card if you will. Most of them took the offer, they went home. The ones still loyal, and they were few, fought til they were dead or captured –and the ones fighting were.

It was early in the morning on April 1st when a helicopter landed in a field outside Pittsburgh. The helicopter came for Landrieu –and I’m getting all this from what others in the city told me after –and Xander knew that Landrieu would flee –who would take him I don’t know –but Xander knew. Anyway, Xander’s guys took out the helicopter right before it took off.

Landrieu was alive when they got him.

April 2, 2018 – Statement from ‘Executive General Carl Xander of the United States of America

“It is with great happiness that today I come before the American people to tell the world that the war is over…We have triumphed over totalitarianism and the radicalism of the Palin Administration. We have triumphed over the disrespect and negligence shown to our armed forces, and we have triumphed over those opposed to democracy and our shared American values…It is today that I come to you and that the United States of America is back…but we are not complete. We owe a debt we can never pay to the lives lost, and today, I invite California, Arizona and New York to rejoin our great nation so that we can be whole once again. Only together can we move forward to prosperity.”
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2012, 06:58:29 PM »

How fitting that the man should go the way of Gaddafi.

Keep it up, Nick. I'm invested in this thing now. Cheesy
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2012, 08:10:19 AM »

Bump - Never updated the topic name yesterday to correspond with the update.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2012, 03:11:28 PM »

How is South Dakota holding up after Daugaard was killed?
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2012, 03:34:26 PM »

How is South Dakota holding up after Daugaard was killed?

I realized that I was marking North Dakota as more heavily controlled by AFA when I really meant South Dakota. The mistake was only on the map, so its not a big deal.

South Dakota will be addressed later, thats all I'll say for now.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #138 on: August 15, 2012, 03:43:57 PM »

So, I am guessing that this is only the end of the beginning?
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2012, 03:50:29 PM »

So, I am guessing that this is only the end of the beginning?

In my head the entire timeline is divided into four or five parts. The first part is Death of a Nation by Blackwater Nik/Psychic Octopus, the second part is my beginning up until, I would say Palin's reelection. The third part we just completed.

As I'm explaining this, I do think there will be five parts.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2012, 03:52:04 PM »

So probably how this nation will be united or not and the world that follows?
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2012, 04:04:21 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2012, 04:06:00 PM by sirnick »

So probably how this nation will be united or not and the world that follows?

You'll find out.
-----------------------------

Presidents of the United States

44. Barack H. Obama* - January 20, 2009 - March 15, 2011
45. Joseph R. Biden - March 15, 2011 - January 20, 2013

46. Sarah L. Palin** - January 20, 2013 – June 2, 2017
47. Charles Landrieu – May 11, 2017 - June 2, 2017 – April 1, 2018 or Present***

*First President to be impeached and removed from office.
**Assassinated by agents of Charles Landrieu
*** - Charles Landrieu legally ascended to the Presidency, and therefore is still the President until January 20, 2021 or until removed from office by Congress. Landrieu is also currently in the custody by ‘Executive General’ Carl Xander.

Executive Generals of the United States of America

1.   Carl Xander – April 1, 2018 – Present*** (See above)
*Leader of the Armed Forces of America from February 6, 2017 to April 1, 2018

Vice Presidents of the United States

47. Joseph R. Biden - January 20, 2009 - March 15, 2011
Vacant* -  March 15, 2011 - January 20, 2013
48. Tom Corbett - January 20, 2013 – May 10, 2017
Vacant – May 10, 2017 – May 11, 2017
49. Charles Landrieu – May 11, 2017 – June 2, 2017
Vacant – June 2, 2017 – July 4, 2017
50. Gerald Moran – July 4, 2017 – Present**

* - If Biden appointed a Vice President or not is not specified in Death of a Nation by Blackwater Nik/Psychic Octopus. Leaving it vacant fits in with the timeline neatly.
** - Technically still Vice President, legally questionable in the first place, also in the custody of Xander

Losing Tickets for President of the United States of America

2012 - Hillary R. Clinton/Mark Warner
2016 - Russ Feingold/John Boehner

President of the American State of Arizona

1. Ken Bennett – January 19th 2017 – Present
*Previously Republican Governor of Arizona

President of the American State of California

1. Mark Wyland – March 3, 2017 – Present
*Previously Republican Governor of California

President of the American State of New York

1. Richard Fontana  - May 8th, 2017 – Present
*Previously Republican Governor of New York
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2012, 04:51:56 PM »

Will you have more time to work on this stuff now?
OAM

« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2012, 01:05:36 AM »

Nice, less of a fight than I expected, but that's not a bad thing.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2012, 01:32:39 AM »

Guys, we have to remember that Xander was introduced bitching about the liberals in the cities.

This is going to get worse before it gets better, isn't it?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2012, 09:21:30 AM »

Guys, we have to remember that Xander was introduced bitching about the liberals in the cities.

This is going to get worse before it gets better, isn't it?

Yeah. That's what I am thinking. Perhaps there will be an attempt to rewrite the Constitution and when talks fail...well..
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: August 21, 2012, 02:02:25 PM »

I've been busy, I'll update when I can.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: September 07, 2012, 04:05:11 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2012, 04:11:36 PM by sirnick »

April 3, 2018 – Interview with former Governor Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota, in Mexico

“Governor, what do you –“
“Please, just call me Tim. Really. I don’t want to draw attention to myself…”
“Tim, thank you –what do you think of whats happening in the country right now?”
“Country? Which one?”
“The United States sir”
“There is no United States anymore. Yesterday that generalissimo, for lack of a better word, finished off what was the United States…and we have California and New York as sovereign nations…”
“What do you think is next?”
“For me? I came down to Mexico and opened up a tiki bar after I dropped out of the race for the presidency. This is where I plan to stay. This has continued to be one of the safer areas…although I don’t know how long that will last…”
“Wasn’t there a murder in broad daylight yesterday?”
“Only one. Like I said, one of the safer areas.”

Statement from President Mark Wyland of California

“Yesterday was a great victory for the forces of freedom. We have the opportunity to restore the United States now, an opportunity for us to come together again as one nation. I would like to extend an offer to General Carl Xander, and President Fontana on how to unite our nation once again. We will hold national elections in 3 months for the presidency to serve until January 20, 2021. A stipulation will be that Xander, myself and Fontana may not be candidates for the Presidency to ensure a free, fair and open democratic process…finally Xander must refrain from calling his nation the United States because it is inherently not the United States…”

Statement from President Richard Fontana of New York

“We are excited that President Wyland put forth a plan today, and we strongly endorse the plan. We will begin planning for elections immediately…we also request that General Xander refrain from beginning the trial process for the war criminals until the country is reunited…”

Statement from Executive General Xander’s Spokesperson

“We agree with the principals behind the offers from Presidents Wyland and Fontana but their timetable is much too short for us. The Executive General continues to focus on restoring order and giving humanitarian aid to the areas affected by the gruesome nuclear attacks, however; we encourage California and New York to rejoin the United States of America immediately so we can be strong once again. As for the war criminals, they will be put on trial immediately –our justice will be swift.”

Spring 2018 – An excerpt from Russ Feingold’s Death of a Nation

“After Executive General Xander declined  President Wyland’s offer for national reunification hope quickly faded for those who were paying attention. Towns and villages were still run like fiefdoms by those with the most weapons –but things were changing. Changing, but in some places these warlords were driven out by military forces and then those villages were occupied by those same soldiers.

By the end of spring 2018, the “humanitarian” effort that Executive General Xander claimed was happening –was seen by few. The states affected the most by the nuclear cloud were isolated and anyone trying to leave was forbidden. Those that came down with radiation poisoning were often never heard from again.

In other parts of the country, the mouth of Xander said pleasantries, but his hands did the opposite. Those who tried to set up their own elections were silenced and those who dared to speak up soon lost their voices as well.

In California and New York, people dreaded war –but some began to see it as the only option to reunite the country –while inside the “USA” Jane’s Fighters became active once more and openly condemned Xander for betraying the trust of so many Americans. Kaspar Gunter, their leader, would lead the operation from New York.

It was a warm spring day in June 2018 when Kaspar Gunter took credit for an bombing in Xander’s headquarters in Austin, Texas. Xander would be injured in the attack, but that only incensed him more. Xander called for Gunter to be brought to justice and for New York to hand him over.  Richard Fontana, President of New York –who was put in place with Gunter’s help--, would decline to hand over his own.

Simultaneously, California would also refuse to hand over war criminal Rudy Giuliani.

The spring would also see real democratic elections held in New York, Arizona and California, where Wyland, Ken Benett, and Fontana would respectively be elected President of their sovereign nations.

On July 4th 2018, President Wyland, President Fontana and President Bennett of Arizona, would sign the “Treaty of Olympia” forming the “Cross Continental Alliance” whose sole purpose would be to reunite the United States.

On July 5th 2018, the American Nation of Dakota would secede from the “United States” and the Cross Continental Alliance would guarantee their independence. On July 6th 2018, Executive General Carl Xander had enough and invaded the American Nation of Dakota. Hours later, Dakota formally joined the CCA and North American continent plunged into another war.

*Ignore the color shading.

Red - "United States of America"
Gold - American Nation of New York (Cross Continental Alliance)
Green - American Nation of California (Cross Continental Alliance)
Blue - American Nation of Dakota (Cross Continental Alliance)
Gray - American Nation of Arizona (Cross Continental Alliance)
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #148 on: September 07, 2012, 04:43:02 PM »

woo american nation of dakota!! jk lol. great update love this timeline.
OAM

« Reply #149 on: September 07, 2012, 04:56:29 PM »

Heh, a nice pause there before the resumption of hostilities.  Didn't see Dakota coming, but ironically enough I'd been musing about those two lately and alternate ways they could have formed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies