From the Darkness: A continuation of Death of a Nation - FINISHED
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:17:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  From the Darkness: A continuation of Death of a Nation - FINISHED
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Poll
Question: Shall I continue?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: From the Darkness: A continuation of Death of a Nation - FINISHED  (Read 33399 times)
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 12:57:31 AM »

Diary of Jane Leibowitz, an American Citizen

Incidentally, is this at all deliberate?

Yeah, its a bit of a coicidence....of a Canticle...for Liebowitz?

I'm a huge Miller fan, so having two timelines at once both of which remind me strongly of his writing style and worldview is like candy to me.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 11:12:58 AM »

Diary of Jane Leibowitz, an American Citizen

Incidentally, is this at all deliberate?

Yeah, its a bit of a coicidence....of a Canticle...for Liebowitz?

I'm a huge Miller fan, so having two timelines at once both of which remind me strongly of his writing style and worldview is like candy to me.

I don't get the coincidence because I was trying to think of a last name and Liebowitz came to mind. There's no other thought behind it, but if you want to analyze feel free haha
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 12:19:17 PM »

Were trying to nitpick at it just like when the boys on South Park tried to make the most lewd novel of all time and when it became popular, people tried to think of it in any way they could when it was just 4 9 year old boys trying to have a dare.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 12:21:39 AM »

An excerpt from Senator Russ Feingold’s novel Death of a Nation

“It was then I decided that I would run for the Presidency. Brown was dead, Emanuel was dead, Daugaard was dead. I had talked to everyone who I thought might run, and they refused after Brown’s death. There was one other who was considering it. I hoped to earn his support, and ultimately I was successful –but that’s a story for later.
   At this point, I didn’t even think that the other was until he reached out to me almost a year later. Quietly, I began to make preparations for my family if I was going to run.
   I started to travel around Wisconsin, to Madison and Milwaukee even venturing over to the Twin Cities in Minnesota. Urban areas weren’t as bad in the Midwest as it was in the East or West, but the situation was quickly deteriorating as inflation began to skyrocket as a result of the Fed pumping money into the economy. Stagflation was rampant. You know its bad when the guys who calculate unemployment didn’t have jobs anymore.  It was a wonder that Congress didn’t –or couldn’t, I’m still not sure—dismantle the Fed.
   Gangs and alliances were rampant in urban areas. The suburbs turned into this passive turf warfare zone. The police forces in many parts of the country were ineffective and seeing military officials or soldiers was a fairly often occurrence. This was not the America I had remembered only a few short years ago.

Interview with Jane Leibowitz, an American Citizen, looking back on April 3rd 2015

After my parents were murdered by the Freehs –the militaristic arm of the FBI named after Palin’s FBI Director Louis Freeh –I lived with neighbors from down the road for a few months until my grandparents were able to safely get me to them. I only remember this story vaguely but it has been retold to me since then. Unfortunately the family that took me in was killed in the resulting conflict…but they died the same way my parents did –organizing the revolutionaries that hoped to overthrow this Administration and to restore order and the American dream.
   On April 3, 2014 there was a large meeting at the family’s house that I was living at. No one care by car except for one person. This was the first major meeting of the core revolutionaries since the murder of my parents. They would name themselves Jane’s Fighters in the coming years after me. Corny, but they used me as the example of the potential the country still had, they knew their lives wouldn’t be any better by fighting –but they weren’t going to fight for themselves. They were fighting for their children to have the America that they used to have.
   What they talked about on April 3rd other than the name, I was never told, but it was clear to me even then that what they were doing was bigger than me –even if I didn’t understand it at the time. I was right, it was much bigger than me.

September 14th 2014 – An excerpt from the diary of former Senator Roland Burris

The last six months have only resulted in things getting worse. President Palin announced that she would seek reelection and she would not campaign against those whom went along with her policies. No one wanted to end up Daugaard, no one wanted the military quarantining their house so no one stood up. Rioting was even more common in urban areas, and suburbia turned into fiefdoms in fact in some places I hear its beginning to look like some towns are controlled by warlords.
To stop stagflation the President, with the stroke of her pen, dismantled the Federal Reserve and put us back on the gold standard. If we even have gold anymore, I don’t know.

October 16th 2014 – An excerpt from Russ Feingold’s Death of a Nation

I have been following radio reports of happenings in New Jersey over the last week or so. Governor Christie and his family managed to disappear –perhaps the few who are still loyal to him helped him escape the military guard around his home. After word of the Governor’s flight made its way to the cities, riots and gang violence broke out in Trenton and Newark –more so than usual for an urban city of this time. President Palin ordered the military to quell the unrest. 100 people are dead now thanks to the order from the President. This is the first public use of force handed down by the President. This certainly won’t be the last. I have a bad feeling that this is only the beginning.

The Day After Election Day – November 2014 – A conversation between former Speaker John Boehner and his wife

“What were the results from yesterday?”

“Well, there are 9 less Democratic Governors, only 50 Democrats left in the House, and 18 Democratic Senators…the Democratic Party is dead. They’ll all be wiped out by the next election.”

“That’s a shame. You thought they’d be the one hope for the nation.”

“After our party went over the edge, I did...now they can’t help. Republicans are too scared to speak out after Daugaard, the once radical minority in Congress is now the radical majority. They hijacked the Congress, and now it’s the radical supermajority.”

“Do you think someone will run for President in 2016?”

“Whoever it is won’t have a chance.”

“Do they know the turnout nationally?”

“I heard between two and five percent…but it’s not like the voters actually matter now.”

Written sometime in late 2014 – A Chinese National, unknown name –translated to English

…The nationalist forces are scattered. The cities have become slums. We thought we were on the road to topple America as the next superpower but now America is one among equals –on her knees. Her military prowess is focused inwards as is with many other nations.

Here it is hard to find food. My family’s rice farm still is able to produce rice and we are far enough removed that we are not directly affected by the violence in other parts. We feed those who do wander into our field and we take no side in the war.

News comes slowly but we do hear things. There is a radio station with news that we sometimes can listen to….
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 02:47:22 PM »

!!!!!!!!!

More. Please.

I'd be particularly interested in seeing more of Boehner.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2012, 10:40:41 PM »

I'll try to get you guys an update tonight.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2012, 12:30:52 AM »

January 18th 2015 – An interview with Conan O’Brien by Jeffrey Cronkite

“So why did you stop performing?”
“The real question is why are you still interviewing people anymore? There’s no money –in this or anywhere.”
“I like to style myself after Hunter S. Thompson…”
“HST was always looking to get paid to buy some booze…but like I said there’s no money…we’re barely get by. The millions I had in the bank were no match for inflation..”
“I can see,  I honestly thought it would be loftier…”
“So did I. You know I shot guns with HST once…”
“I’ve seen the video…”
“Where’d you see that? Your area still have internet access?”
“No, NBC studios. Saw the original.”
“You’ve done that much research huh?”
“Nothing else to do. I steal or work when I can.”
“This is becoming more an interview about you than me.”
“I don’t mind, its nice talking to someone who isn’t constantly paranoid about their security.”
“We’re a little far out for that. Tends to happen less around here. We don’t see many.”
“How often do you go into town?”
“Every so often. There’s not much there anymore. Food shortages in the rest of the country aren’t as prominent here either. Farmers in the area keep it all local to feed the people around us.”
“Do they welcome outsiders to relocate here?”
“No, we got here just in time. After that they started to harass anyone who tried to relocate here.”
“Harass?”
“At first. They shot one family. Story got around and people stopped coming. So what are you doing?”
“I’m just talking to people who were once somebodys…”
“Oh, thanks –I was somebody.”
“…and trying to get their stories...”
“You think we’re gonna pull out of this thing?”
“Don’t know. Sure doesn’t look good.”

January 30th 2015 – Diary of William J. Clinton

Hillary has been nagging me to start writing this. I’ve already wrote several autobiographies, I don’t know why she insists on me writing a diary too.

Being President gives you a certain insight –at least it did for me.  I can understand, even if I don’t agree with, decisions that my successors have made –up until Sarah Palin. I don’t understand a damn decision she’s made in office. Everything seems counterintuitive or just plain out there.
   Maybe someone will read this one day and ask how it happened. Its not all Republicans fault. The Democrat Party stopped standing its ground and kept moving to the right. The Republican Party –since no one was pulling it the other way –slowly kept moving to the right. Slowly they had radicals take positions of power first at local government, and then in 2010 they came rushing into Congress. The economy, which was way out of control of President Obama, got worse and people voted in more of these types of Republicans. Cut all spending and demonize the opposition. Democrats didn’t fight to stop it. They gave in. 2012 proved that the tsunami had just started and by January 2013 there were hardly any moderates left in Congress. Now there are only Republicans and the Democrats in Congress are useless.
   I’m not sure what Hillary wanted me to write about but I think this is good enough for a first entry.

February 3rd 2015 – A conversation somewhere in America

“How far away are we from implementation?”
“We were set back again. They took more of our supporters. Others have gone into hiding.”
“We need to wait, I’m telling you. There’s something big coming…”
“What do you want us to do? Wait and get lucky?”
“This doesn’t make sense. They can’t afford all this…”
“We need to create our own luck and make our own opportunity…”
“If we force this it isn’t going to work”
“We’re all going to die here if we don’t act soon…”

Another walks into the room

“The date is January 20, 2017. It will start then, with or without us –it starts then.”

An interview with Jeremy Fort, American citizen, looking back on February 14th 2015

“Yeah, I remember that day. Not much you can’t remember about that day. I used to work at Hoover Dam. Security has lessened over the years, which was why all this happened. We told our superiors that they damn Dam wasn’t secure but they didn’t listen or couldn’t get the money. Probably both.

Anyway, on February 14, 2015 we had a tour come to the Dam, fairly unusual cause of what was happening in the country. People more concerned about getting food, security and keeping their roofs over their head than touring some Dam. These fellas didn’t particularly stand out but they all had backpacks –we used to check backpacks but this time we didn’t. When the rest of the workers were questioned by the FBI after all this, we couldn’t agree if there were five or six of them. Security cameras showed later that there were six and one slipped away allowing all of this to happen. A few hours after the guys left we heard an explosion, and then another explosion. Rocked the whole Dam. We went to see what it was and a bomb had gone off somewhere causing some serious damage to the structure of the Dam.

We later found out that these guys had researched this and pin pointed the weakest spots in the Dam. They got it right cause within the first hour water started pouring through and then the pressure only increased and within the day the Dam came tumbling down. Thing was built in the 1930’s and it had seen better days. No one thought it was weak enough to take down like that though.

The flooding from the Dam killed a few thousand and dislocated a lot more. Luckily, I lived north of the Dam and wasn’t affected besides from losing my job. Still had a lot to live for, and I saw it as an early retirement.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2012, 12:53:56 PM »

It would be interesting to see if this goes a regular political timeline or if there is a war or something in between.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2012, 02:23:58 PM »

It would be interesting to see if this goes a regular political timeline or if there is a war or something in between.

This is going to be a comprehensive timeline. I have a few things that are going to happen drawn up and the seeds are already planted for many of the factions or sides that I am envisioning. I'm not quite done planting all those seeds though.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2012, 06:37:53 PM »

It would be cool to see the new maps and the death tolls and whatnot. It would be cool if this became a nuclear civil war with ICBMs launched from liberal California at that Palin Administration.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2012, 10:14:18 PM »

Wow.

More!
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2012, 08:42:31 AM »

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2012, 01:47:21 PM »

Diary of former New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin

They didn’t help us when Katrina hit, and now they won’t help the people of Boulder when the Hoover Dam got bombed. What do they expect these people to do? Palin says it’s a state issue. It’s going to be a national issue when states start seceding

Governor Ken Bennett of Arizona, Republican – Press Conference February 20th 2015

“…the Hoover Dam terrorist attack was by far the most deadly terrorist attack in American history. It will be remembered as a day where the national government abandoned the states…We’re trying to find out who did it –and bring them to justice. We don’t have the money or the resources but so many people are trying to help right now. Other Governor’s have called me and sent what help they can but it is not enough. There is little I can offer for those grieving or affected by the attack….the initial blast did not kill anyone but the rush of water down the valley and into Boulder City did…”

“I spoke with President Palin. She told us this was a state issue that we needed to deal with. We might as well be a confederation because the only people trying to help are other states.

An excerpt from former Senator Russ Feingold’s book Death of a Nation

I had already decided to run for President when the Hoover Dam terrorist attack had occurred. Palin had touted strong national security credentials and I could not believe that she refused to aid Arizona. Homeland Security Secretary Rudy Giuliani had the audacity to say that the attack was not a terrorist attack. I’m not sure how he came to that conclusion. After watching the inaction of the Administration I traveled to Ohio to speak with someone who had dealt with Palin first hand –John Boehner.

Boehner was not expecting me, but having worked with him in Congress he knew who I was and was happy to see someone from his past, from a better time. He told me about how he was being pushed farther and farther to the right by the radicals elected in 2010 and 2012. Moderate Democrats and Republicans were being pushed out while the liberals were demonized. Boehner tried to steer Palin to the middle and I found out what I had suspected for a long time –the Administration was openly using threats against members of Congress as well as people they perceived as enemies. As the Administration’s base in Congress grew when less and less Democrats and moderate (and even conservative) Republicans spoke up, and eventually stopped showing up. Boehner was quietly bucking the Administration and eventually his good luck ran out when the military showed up at his home to “guard his family.” Boehner resigned his seat immediately and went back to Ohio.

It was then, after telling our stories and sharing our views of a better tomorrow that I offered him the Vice President spot on what would ultimately be the Democratic ticket in 2016 –almost 20 months before the election. It took him a little while, but he would ultimately accept.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2012, 05:02:05 PM »

Well, we already know how the election is gonna turn out. lol....and I think I know what's going to happen after then.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2012, 09:25:26 PM »

Well, we already know how the election is gonna turn out. lol....and I think I know what's going to happen after then.

Do you now? Because I don't Smiley
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2012, 12:01:03 PM »

Hey guys. Sorry about dropping off the face of the world. I've been up to my eyes in school work and other involvement on campus. I'll be back in action shortly.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2012, 06:53:25 PM »

You're Greek?
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2012, 11:29:21 AM »

Nope, fraternity-wise or ethnically.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2012, 12:35:49 PM »

March 27th 2015  – An excerpt from the diary of former President Barack H. Obama

The past few months have been hard. The few friends I have left have told me that my family is increasingly being watched and insulated by the government protection that they have. Being away from them is hard, but somehow, I know its best. If I were to show up again they would be in danger more than they already are.
   I’ve heard the rumors that Governor Daugaard was assassinated by the military. Its hard to believe but I believe it. Since that and the death of Jerry Brown few have spoke up against Palin. I know there is more going on in the country than what I have seen or heard. Information is scarce when you are trying to stay off the radar and there are few places I can go without being recognized. My long hair and beard has made that easier as of late but my voice is what tips people off. Sometimes the look on their faces tells me that they recognize me as “the traitor” while other times they embrace me without words.

April 8, 2015 – New York Times Article
   “…today the 42nd President of the United States William J. Clinton passed away…his Administration saw the largest period of peacetime economic expansion in American history…the last large economic expansion since December 2007 when the country and world fell into a depression…”

April 10, 2015 – Diary of former Democratic Senator Tom Udall of New Mexico

President Clinton once said “Profound and powerful forces are shaking and remaking our world, and the urgent question of our time is whether we can make change our friend and not our enemy.” I remember those days like it was yesterday. We had positive change, change that had the potential to help every American. Now the change we see hurts every American, destroys family and is a slight to the ideals that founded this once great country. We are a great country no longer.
   Tomorrow I am going to Washington to ask our two Republican Senators to pressure the President to put military forces on the border. The drug lords have made their own –dominion on the border. Our police forces are not funded enough to stop them and their resources have become greater than the states. Arizona, Texas and California have the same problems also without the support of the federal government.
   No one thinks I will be successful but I will go and try anyway.

April 18, 2015 – A conversation between Colonel Carl Xander and a friend

“Colonel, or should I say General?”
“Not yet –another few weeks.”
“Congratulations. How are you feeling about it?”
“Its an honor, but I want to use it to bring to light some areas where the Administration has been lacking…”
“Like what?”
“Our military is stretched too thin and overworked. We are weaker than we have been ever before.”
“I thought you supported Palin?”
“I do –the liberals are destroying this country in the cities. Their cries of ‘intolerance’ and ‘injustice’ are designed to deceive real Americans. The only intolerance and injustice is that these people are allowed to speak their wretched anti-American ideals.”
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2012, 01:08:46 PM »

Palin actually has supporters? Also, $10,000 that she rigs the election.
The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -5.91

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2012, 01:41:59 PM »

Absolutely haunting work.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2012, 09:32:45 PM »

Perhaps with the weakening military, the drug lords will start to take over Arizona and Texas and perhaps the Lakotah and the Navajo nations will sever ties with the US and then when it appears that Palin still narrowly won after the country started to slowly to disintergrate perhaps then is when the waves of succesion starts to speed up.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2012, 01:07:52 PM »

If I get enough work today then I shall update. I expect you'll all be rooting for me to get enough work done Tongue

Although, let me just say that if you say "I think "X" is going to happen" it does make me less likely to make "X" happen. It makes me feel when I'm writing that its a cop out. I don't feel like that all the time, but it has happened before in other TLs I was writing. If you have a suggestion then PM me because I won't feel pressured to write or not write it then.

Nonetheless I do read and appreciate everyone's feedback whether positive or negative.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2012, 11:40:12 AM »

Well, it could end pretty anticlimatically. Palin might be shot and the VP might resign and then Boehner will run and lose. Tongue
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2012, 01:47:54 AM »

If I get enough work today then I shall update. I expect you'll all be rooting for me to get enough work done Tongue

Although, let me just say that if you say "I think "X" is going to happen" it does make me less likely to make "X" happen. It makes me feel when I'm writing that its a cop out. I don't feel like that all the time, but it has happened before in other TLs I was writing. If you have a suggestion then PM me because I won't feel pressured to write or not write it then.

Nonetheless I do read and appreciate everyone's feedback whether positive or negative.
So should we post what we don't want to happen then Tongue?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies