Why did Santorum single out black people..........
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 02:47:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Why did Santorum single out black people..........
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why did Santorum single out black people..........  (Read 2672 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 05:52:20 PM »

1. He could be a closet racist.   That need not be so.

2. Rick Santorum  is just another shill for the economic elite, just like most Republicans. Like them he seems to believe that  everyone would be best off arranging their lives so that they are completely dependent upon the generosity of those elites by giving them even the power of life and death and doing as commanded. If those elites decide that one is expendable, then you are to vanish from any semblance of normal life.

The smear is not so much on black people as it is on poor people whom that elites think have it too good.

All in all the Hard Right wants a New Capitalist Man -- someone docile, undemanding, obedient, uncritical, hard-working, selfless as a servant of American economic elites who can get away with anything.  The common man gets nothing more than the elite deems appropriate, which of course is as little as possible, and then only so long as one is 'useful'. That implies a soft standard for the rulers and a harsh one for the ruled. But even the compromise is that more people must work far harder for much less on behalf of people devoid of empathy, charity, and integrity.

Rick Santorum might occasionally pander to superstition and prudery... nut he is as much a part of the economic elite as anyone, at least in purpose. He was a political thug in the Senate, and he has shown no evidence of learned anything in defeat.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2012, 05:54:48 PM »

I listened closley and I can not find any trace of a "ck" in that word. Doesn't quite sound like blah though either unless you PA fellas just have a weird way of pronouncing it. I think he may have started to say black but  caught himself before he could finish the word.

But that fact that this is being brought up, again, is a sign that Romney's campaign is nearly finished. I don't think he can survive much longer if/when Santorum wins both MI and Arizona.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2012, 05:57:20 PM »

I listened closley and I can not find any trace of a "ck" in that word. Doesn't quite sound like blah though either unless you PA fellas just have a weird way of pronouncing it. I think he may have started to say black but  caught himself before he could finish the word.

But that fact that this is being brought up, again, is a sign that Romney's campaign is nearly finished. I don't think he can survive much longer if/when Santorum wins both MI and Arizona.

It was brought up by Winfield, not Romney. Smiley  But I did ask why Winfield brought it up now. I was wondering if it came from a Romney campaign blast email or something. Winfield?

Odd come to think of it, because this Rick slip up isn't going to hurt Rick with most Pub voters. Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2012, 06:00:18 PM »

This was news like a month and a half ago... why the resurrection?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2012, 06:14:59 PM »

Sorry Torie, I am not meaning to ignore you, so in answer to you and Inks.

I did say early in this thread that the story is not new and that it dated from early Jan/12.

Given the discussion it has generated in this new thread, clearly it continues to be of intrest.

When a candidate moves to a position of more prominence, his views and statements come under increased scrutiny.

I believe this particular statement by Santorum goes to the heart of his real attitude and true views regarding the social safety net, and what he would attempt to do about it if he became President.

That, in essence, is why I believe this statement by Santorum is worthy of increased discussion and examination.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2012, 06:19:20 PM »

Winfield, must all your usernames be in CAPS.  =/
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2012, 06:24:15 PM »

It was brought up by Winfield, not Romney. Smiley  But I did ask why Winfield brought it up now. I was wondering if it came from a Romney campaign blast email or something. Winfield?

Odd come to think of it, because this Rick slip up isn't going to hurt Rick with most Pub voters. Tongue

And that, in part, is what is wrong with the Repubican Party of 2012.

Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2012, 06:35:53 PM »

Santorum meant to say "black". This is an obvious fact and I can't take seriously anyone trying to deny it. That being said, it wouldn't hurt him very much in a general election. Blacks don't vote Republican to begin with, and frankly people who really care if someone says that about black people were never voting Republican anyways. This is just all a continuation of the wedge doctrine by the Republicans to cast black people as "welfare queens", who take "your" hard earned tax dollars.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies