If you had the power, what countries would you back coups in?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 05:22:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  If you had the power, what countries would you back coups in?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: If you had the power, what countries would you back coups in?  (Read 2337 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2005, 11:40:58 AM »

I'd support a coup in Singapore or Saudi Arabia. I never hear anything about Brunei, so I'm not too familiar with them.

Brunei is a small contry on an island that also contains parts of Indonesia and Malaysia. The ruler of Brunei is a sultan who's a huge mysognisitic asshole. He has a huge number of concubines, many of whom were kidnapped and forced into that, and has actually been known to use front groups such as talent agencies to lure women from countries like Japan and the US over where he uses them as sex slaves. There's a lawsuit from an American woman against his brother over this, she tried to sue him himself but apparentely you can't sue heads of state. BS. The man is pure scum and needs to be taken out. And to top it all off it has ultra-right wing neoliberal economics similar to Singapore.
Tory

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2005, 02:56:20 PM »

And to top it all off it has ultra-right wing neoliberal economics similar to Singapore.

If the government owning 86% of housing and nearly all of the major industries is ultra-right wing and neo-liberal then that's exactly what Singapore is.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies