Kadima 2012 primaries (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:20:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Kadima 2012 primaries (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kadima 2012 primaries  (Read 2802 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

« on: March 27, 2012, 07:22:37 PM »

Final results:

Mofaz 61.5%
Livni 38.5%
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 07:23:35 PM »

Full results should come in the morning, but it's looking like Mofaz will win this pretty easily.

And the Israeli centre-left's implosion continues...

Kadima wasn't supposed to be center-left. Remember, it was founded by Ariel Sharon: it was supposed to be center-ultra-right Smiley)
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 07:42:15 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2012, 07:46:56 PM by ag »

Full results should come in the morning, but it's looking like Mofaz will win this pretty easily.

And the Israeli centre-left's implosion continues...

Kadima wasn't supposed to be center-left. Remember, it was founded by Ariel Sharon: it was supposed to be center-ultra-right Smiley)

With Lab gone, Kadima was the last opposition party capable of forming government. Perhaps Israel moves even closer to a dominant party system... or as close as they can get in that clusterfook of a political arena with batshoot coalition partners like YB.

In the absence of Kadima, Labor will, eventually recover somewhat, perhaps as part of some new coalition. The right will, of course, easily win the next election - but that would have happened even if Kadima were still around. Likud is anything but a "dominant party" - polls show it struggling to get even 1/3 of the seats. It is just the fragmentation of the rest that is making it so far ahead in the polls.  Not having the moderate vote split between Kadima and Labor will only allow emergence of a single pole on the other side.

Longer-term, of course, the proportion of ultra-orthodox and of the Arab vote is likely to grow, making it likely that the sorts of governments we are going to see are going to be increasingly unpleasant. I can't say I envy the sort of Israelis I sympathize with - but, in the end, it's their problem, not mine. If I were in their place, I'd consider moving somewhere more livable.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies