Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2014, 08:58:40 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  Presidential Election Process
| | |-+  Polling (Moderator: The Vorlon)
| | | |-+  Which is the best poll to follow (or should I follow several)?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Which is the best poll to follow (or should I follow several)?  (Read 959 times)
Harry Hayfield
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: 0.00

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2011, 04:39:58 am »
Ignore

Here in the UK since the general election, I have been tracking the polls of Communicate Research, Ipsos MORI, Populus, Angus Reid, Survnation and ICM because they publish the actual number of people who express an opinion and then publish the information ranked by likeihood to vote. Of these I hold the greatest belief in ICM (as they have managed to project a general election result the best for the past four general elections). How many American polling organisations poll in the same way and of those which is the best?

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 04:46:18 am »
Ignore

In general, it looks like PPP, Quinnipiac, SurveyUSA and Mason-Dixon have provided the best results in swing states - while media polls such as the NYT/CBS, or Washington Post and also Gallup etc. have been too Democratic-friendly - or just way off. Rasmussen is somewhere in between. ARG and InsiderAdvantage are mostly crap.
SmugDealer
Rookie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 11:10:01 pm »
Ignore

Nate Silver has ranked many pollsters on their accuracy.

Though really, you can't follow 1 pollster, they all have their flaws. Best to follow a guy like Nate, who takes a very well thought-out approach to properly weighting polls and pollsters to come to good predictions. His predictions are almost always on point.

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 06:58:17 am »
Ignore

PPP is, statistically speaking, the best pollster. But you should follow several.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout