Office of Northeast Governor Napoleon FAREWELL ADDRESS
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:23:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Northeast Governor Napoleon FAREWELL ADDRESS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Office of Northeast Governor Napoleon FAREWELL ADDRESS  (Read 5057 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 20, 2012, 04:26:57 PM »
« edited: June 20, 2012, 12:38:49 AM by Governor Napoleon »

The Hartford Office will serve as my transitionary office throughout the week, and my public office thereafter. I will maintain official government business in my New York Office on the Regional Governments board, I will move there upon swearing in as Governor.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 03:18:19 AM »

If anyone is interested in a Cabinet position, please contact me at the soonest possible date. I would like yo be able to get all nominations and such dealt with in timely fashion.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 03:26:26 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2012, 03:31:23 AM by Napoleon »

Here is the preliminary text for an amendment I will be requesting the Legislative Assembly to vote on.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What does this amendment do? It allows each Governor the opportunity to produce his or her own fiscal policies: if we are going to shorten our electoral cycles for this game, we should also shorten our political and economic cycles as to allow elected officials to be held accountable for their own performance. The balanced budget provision remains intact, and the Assembly remains involved in the process. Leaving the specific budget requirements beyond that up to law allows us some flexibility in just how complex the process is-- we don't want to get saddled with a constitutional budgetary process that creates too much work on a permanent basis.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 03:35:26 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2012, 03:37:26 AM by Napoleon »

I am also making public my suggestions for SOAP reform, which I hope will be made a top priority by the Legislative Assembly. Members are encouraged to begin discussing and contemplating this document now so that we waste no time upon swearing in. Smiley

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 03:45:27 AM »

The new SOAP should be amended to give members the option to table rogue bills upon a vote from either a majority or supermajority of the Assembly.  It would make filibustering much more difficult and save legislative time.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 03:45:59 AM »

Upon swearing in on Thursday, my first executive action will be to appoint my successor in the Senate. I ask the Assembly to consider this appointment simultaneous to the Speaker election, as it should not be too complicated. It is absolutely a priority of mine that this region maintains solid representation in the national legislature. To that end, after much thought and excruciating deliberation, I have decided to appoint Senator-elect Scott as my successor in the Senate. The region elected him my successor, after all, and I have full confidence in Scott's ability to do good work on behalf of this region. I hope Scott can be treated to a speedy confirmation vote. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 03:47:57 AM »

The new SOAP should be amended to give members the option to table rogue bills upon a vote from either a majority or supermajority of the Assembly.  It would make filibustering much more difficult and save legislative time.

Another option would be to allow the Speaker some autonomy in this area. I will work alongside our newly elected Representatives to find the best solution. Thank you for raising this point.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 03:53:28 AM »

The new SOAP should be amended to give members the option to table rogue bills upon a vote from either a majority or supermajority of the Assembly.  It would make filibustering much more difficult and save legislative time.

Another option would be to allow the Speaker some autonomy in this area. I will work alongside our newly elected Representatives to find the best solution.

That would be a good idea.  And any legislative powers the Lt. Governor has should be transferred to the Speaker, except for sucession.  Technically, current law gives more power to the Lt. Governor than the Speaker, but the Assembly hasn't followed that tradition for months, as far as I can remember.

I accept my appointment to the Senate.  Thank you.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 03:55:35 AM »

This was actually changed already (it had to be since Lieutenant Governor is no longer an independent office). The Speaker is now a constitutionally recognized Representative with defined duties.

The Lieutenant Governor's only presiding role is to open the session until the Speaker is elected by the Legislative Assembly.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 04:16:58 AM »

This is a transparent and public administration, so I will now highlight other top priorities of the administration.

I plan to revive the Northeast Wiki Reform Commission. Ideally, Homelycooking, Cincinnatus & I can finish what work needs done.

I will work to create a Second Statutory Review Commission (SRC2). This commission will have more of an emphasis on changing and updating policies, organizing laws of the land, and working with the NEWRC too. I'd like to see the Commission composed of the Governor, two Representatives, and two citizens. Hopefully we can work something out.

I also shall seek a Northeast Tax and Budget Policy Committee to review expenditures and receipts, find the fairest revenue policies, and work to balance the budget. Interested parties should feel free to inform me.  Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 12:16:15 AM »

I have issued a number of executive orders, including a Senatorial appointment.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 12:29:59 AM »
« Edited: February 23, 2012, 12:31:30 AM by Governor Napoleon »

Official Gubernatorial Endorsement Press Release

"Governor Napoleon has endorsed former Governor Snowstalker for Assembly in the March 2nd special election. "Snowstalker received the approval of this region's voters in the election. He is also a personal friend and an ally, someone who I will enjoy working across the aisle with and has a strong history serving this region." The Governor indicated that he would like to see the Labor Party represented in the Assembly. "Let us not divide the left in another election: I stand with Snowstalker!" Snowstalker has also been endorsed by Senator-elect Scott and Senator 20RP12.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 07:49:11 AM »

Congrats on winning, and good luck in your term to come. I hope you come to enjoy your time in this office as much as I used to.

Now it's time for me to retire again to the sunny beaches of Futtbuck, PA and take up my pension from all my other offices. LATE!!!!!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 11:30:13 AM »

Thank you Andrew!!! Im already loving it. Much more fun than the boring Senate, which used to be fun when I had my buddies Snowguy and Fuzzy!!!!! to chill with but has gotten progressively worse since.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 01:29:09 PM »

You've been doing a great job since you took office.  As my very first region, I will always wish the best for it, and you're obviously the right one for the job.

By the by, I agree about an executive being a lot more fun. Grin
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 02:56:05 AM »
« Edited: February 25, 2012, 02:57:44 AM by Governor Napoleon »

"Those who seek progress and reform in this region must unite behind Snowstalker," Governor Napoleon said. "We need someone with experience who understands the complexity of this region's problems. We cannot afford to treat this election as anything other than an election which will decide the future of this region. I am looking forward to a Regional Renaissance, but I need Snowstalker's assistance."

- New York Times front page
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 09:58:33 AM »

Vote for Snowstalker in the special election!! Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 04:19:07 PM »

A Statement on Debate

Northeasterners, I was elected on a platform of reforming this region and I intend to work with the Assembly to ensure that Northeast institutions are established and stable for future administrations. I have concerns about the debate tactics of those who are less hopeful and enthusiastic about the region's future. I have tried to foster a healthy debate on these changes. During the transitionary period and for the past week as well, Assemblymen had the opportunity to participate in a SOAP reform. While my administration is supportive of such efforts, we sought input. That some did not provide it over a two week period is disappointing. I do not find outrage and controversy to be helpful to improving this region when mature debate is a possibility. Let us keep this in mind in the future. I have always said reform should be an inclusive effort and I maintain that line of thought as Governor. We can make a difference.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 06:07:47 PM »

I am formally requesting the Assembly to reinstate the third legislative slot in some form or another. There are many low profile items I would like to work with the Assembly on without detracting from anything else.

Thank you,

Governor Napoleon

Citizens, I need your help encouraging positive legislative reform to allow us to move this region forward. Thank you for your help! Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 08:25:07 PM »

Hey guys, I have creates the polling booth and will open it at midnight for voting. I want everybody to voice their opinion in this election. If any one finds any errors let me know now so I can fix them ASAP.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 10:43:39 PM »

Im going to open voting in twenty minutes, and am asking Northeastern voters to vote AYE on Constitutional Amendment 1. I would like to get these budget reforms taken care of now, so that I can work with the Assembly to make the process simpler for future Governors and Assemblies.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 08:37:48 AM »

Congrats to Winfield, Pyrofox, Wormyguy, Simfan and Averroes Nix on being elected to the Northeast Assembly. I look forward to a fun and productive session.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 10:33:10 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2012, 10:36:38 PM by Governor Napoleon »

Northeastners, I have introduced a bill that will increase the minimum wage in the region. i find it unfair to our poorest workers that they are provided the same wage as someone doing the same work in Kansas, when the cost of living is so much higher here in the Northeast. With a reduced workweek, it is important that we ensure families have enough income to keep food on the table, and that students with entry-level jobs will earn enough to help reducing their loan burden.

Congrats to Winfield, Pyrofox, Wormyguy, Simfan and Averroes Nix on being elected to the Northeast Assembly. I look forward to a fun and productive session.

Do you have an official list of priorities? I would very much like to address our fiscal situation, though I'll wait for you to draft a budget before taking any action myself. I'm sure that there are other issues to be addressed as well.

My priorities are developing a long term budget procedure, implementing a tax policy, getting old statute up to date, and cleaning up the remaining mess we are in before you are (hopefully) elected. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2012, 05:20:08 PM »

I would like my supporters to vote for Alfred Jones in the upcoming election, as I intend to. Alfred Jones was an active Senator and reformer, I believe he has a bright future here in this region and our Assembly could use his talents. On Friday, go with Mr. Jones!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2012, 05:31:30 PM »

Not that I am aware of, but maybe we can change the vacancy filling act.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies