Office of Northeast Governor Napoleon FAREWELL ADDRESS
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:26:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Northeast Governor Napoleon FAREWELL ADDRESS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Office of Northeast Governor Napoleon FAREWELL ADDRESS  (Read 5026 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 05:35:02 PM »

I think that the region initially did have a law that allowed the governor to appoint vacancies in the government, but most of the time we just held special elections anyway and abolished vacancy appointments some time when Snowstalker was governor.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 05:41:10 PM »

Scott, do you know where I can find this legislation? Was it an amendment to our constitution, which presumably would have been required?

Actually, appointment is the constitutional default. Cheesy
A hold over from the old Constitution that isn't used because statute is what determines how we fill vacancies.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2012, 05:43:27 PM »

The constitution on the Wiki says as follows.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

But notice how it says "specified by Law", which was done by, I believe, The Vacancy-filling Act.  I forget exactly what we did with it or where it is, unfortunately. Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2012, 05:52:49 PM »

Ah, I see. I thought that it meant that the office should be filled in the manner specified by law (i.e. special election), and that until the winner of the election was determined, the governor could appoint a temporary Representative. The language is ambiguous.

I would like to set about repealing the Vacancy-Filling Act. Do you know for sure that that is the official title?

I believe so, but why would you like to repeal it?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 05:54:48 PM »

I oppose removing the voice of the voters but would be fine with temporary appointments.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2012, 09:41:08 PM »

My proposal to increase the region's minimum wage has passed the Assembly unanimously. Former Senator Nathan is invited to join me at the signing ceremony.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2012, 03:46:42 PM »

Introduced the Northeast Budget Procedure Act...looking forward to a healthy debate.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2012, 11:19:58 AM »

Attention all! The first referendum under the Northeast Constitution Article IV will take place when the election is hold tomorrow.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2012, 02:40:45 AM »

Northeasterners,

It seems the region has been collecting taxes by state at 2005 rates this year. What this means for the treasury I do not know yet but as the budget moves forward the necessary changes will be made to ensure a fair, regional policy. We do have a revenue stream however.

Thank you,

Governor Napoleon
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2012, 02:44:58 AM »

I thought all the taxes we had were repealed. Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2012, 02:46:34 AM »

I thought all the taxes we had were repealed. Tongue
I did, too, but repealing a repeal would un-repeal, leading us to where we are now.

Quote from: Restricted
Wiki link
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012, 06:32:06 PM »

I have put forth a bill to aid college students earning good grades.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2012, 03:28:59 PM »

Election begins on Friday- candidates must declare before then to make the ballot. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2012, 01:38:34 AM »

Polls are open. Please vote!

I will be giving my final speech as Governor soon.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2012, 02:32:27 PM »

Happy Father's Day! Now vote, its the last day!!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2012, 11:54:46 PM »

Gov. Napoleon prepares to take the stage in front of the governor's building in New York.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2012, 12:34:51 AM »

Governor Napoleon's Farewell Address

For four months, I have had the honor and privilege to serve as Governor of the Great Northeast, and I cannot begin to express the gratitude I owe this region for having faith in me. Today, I leave this office, wishing the best of luck to my successor and friend, Speaker Averroes Nix. I have no doubt that he will make us proud to be Northeasterners.

This region has made great strides over the last year and a half. No longer do we have vacant positions. No longer do we have inactive office holders. No longer do we have a mess of a Constitution. No longer are we the laughingstock of Atlasia: indeed, we are a model region that other regions can observe and learn from. Friends, we have together proven that regions can work. Today, as I move out of this office I have loved working from, I want you to join me and reflect on all that we have accomplished together.

First, however, I must give credit where credit is due, and much is due. I need to thank Bgwah, for inviting me to join this game as a member of the Jesus Christ party back in February 2011 and the other assistance he has offered me since then. I need to thank 20RP12, or as I like to call him, Jake Matthews, who first told me that I was unknowingly elected to the Northeast Assembly, helped me get started in Atlasia, and worked with me to reform a Northeast government in a state of complete disarray. I must thank President Polnut, who I have learned a great deal from and whose gubernatorial campaign in February 2011 served as the catalyst for the reform movement in the Northeast. I owe my thanks to Cincinnatus, who was a great ally in helping pass the new Northeast Constitution and reforming Assembly procedure to allow for better political debate and activity. I have to thank Governor Winfield, for keeping the reform movement afloat as we went through an unfortunate period following my election to the Senate. I also must thank Dallasfan65, for the courage he showed in supporting me when so much pressure was placed on him not to. Of course, I owe thanks to Snowstalker, Nathan, and Scott, friends of mine that were instrumental in passing the new Constitution and helping to re-establish a progressive movement after Polnut’s defeat. And of course, I must thank the Representatives I have worked with as Governor: Averroes Nix, Wormyguy, PyroFox, Snowstalker, Simfan, Winfield, and Alfred Jones. To everyone else who has supported me along the way, including my good friend Snowguy who is no longer with us: I appreciate it. Thank you.

Tomorrow, I will no longer be your Governor. For the first time in an entire year, I will be without an office. It has been quite a ride; I won’t forget a minute of it. I hope that my successor can take this foundation we’ve laid and build on it- build something marvelous and spectacular. After all, this is a game, it is meant to be fun, so why not have as much fun as possible? We have a Constitution that works for us. We have an Assembly that can move legislation and have active debates. We have citizens that care and are involved. You can only take out of this game what you put in. I hope that what I have put in works for you positively.

During my administration, we have expanded access to higher education for Northeastern students, provided Northeastern workers with equity in compensation, made our roads safer, protected citizens from frivolous and expensive lawsuits, created a regional bank, moved our region toward cleaner energy, and made changes to the regional government, including increased transparency and information with the Northeast Annals Act, simplified candidacy declarations that use the same rules as federal declarations, established a budget procedure, setting the stage for vibrant political debate in the future, and made filling vacancies easier on the Assembly’s day to day functions. I can’t wait to see Governor Averroes Nix continue the progress made so far.

And so, I offer my advice: to him, and to you all: this is a game. This is not the Olympics. Play the game, and have fun. Do not feel the need to “win” at all costs. The only way to win in Atlasia is to enjoy the discussions and interactions you have with fellow posters. Never will it be worth it to hold a grudge. If Mr. Tmthforu and I can set aside our differences and have fun, any of you can, and I hope you do.

This weekend you will have the opportunity to vote for me for President of Atlasia and I would love your vote. There are many strong tickets and I appreciate everything that they have brought to the campaign. If I have earned your support, I can win. I look forward to having the opportunity to serve you once more, and continuing the work in progress at the federal level. Thank you for coming out and good luck in the bright future ahead.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2012, 04:42:05 PM »

Goodbye Mr. Governor!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2012, 07:56:50 PM »

Thank you for all your service to the region, Governor!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies