The Office of JCL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:15:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of JCL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 25
Author Topic: The Office of JCL  (Read 90141 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: August 24, 2013, 02:30:57 PM »

Good luck JCL!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #276 on: August 24, 2013, 02:50:59 PM »

Looks like you're already in Max
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #277 on: August 24, 2013, 08:18:39 PM »

I have a question for fellow Federalists. If Max is well over quota for election why are you still first preferencing him and not helping Tmth and myself with first preferences. Do you want a majority in the senate? Then throw some first preferences our way.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #278 on: August 25, 2013, 01:32:53 AM »

I have a question for fellow Federalists. If Max is well over quota for election why are you still first preferencing him and not helping Tmth and myself with first preferences. Do you want a majority in the senate? Then throw some first preferences our way.
Maybe there are Federalists who (shock! horror!) don't actually want you in the Senate.
Same principle exists on the other side, see for example
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #279 on: August 25, 2013, 08:15:07 AM »

Maybe there are Federalists who (shock! horror!) don't actually want you in the Senate.

Nix not voting for Napoleon....... I expect this kind of behavior from the left not the right. To think if they (meaning the federalist) were running and I wasn't I would give them my vote. I only expect the same in return. Isn't that how the party system works. I knew Nix wasn't going to preference me at all but for Federalists to preference Napoleon and SJoyce ahead of me when I would preference them ahead of any non federalist vote I make shows a double standard that will cripple any political movement.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #280 on: August 25, 2013, 08:35:17 AM »

Nix not voting for Napoleon....... I expect this kind of behavior from the left not the right. To think if they (meaning the federalist) were running and I wasn't I would give them my vote. I only expect the same in return. Isn't that how the party system works. I knew Nix wasn't going to preference me at all but for Federalists to preference Napoleon and SJoyce ahead of me when I would preference them ahead of any non federalist vote I make shows a double standard that will cripple any political movement.
What is that first sentence supposed to mean? Fortunately, a lot of the Federalists are less partisan than you. Let's take the most moderate member of the Federalist Party, which in my opinion is Sbane.  Not sure if they already voted, but based on ideology alone, does it make sense for a federalist with Sbane's matrix score to vote for someone they differ from 2 points economically and 3 points socially (Napoleon), or someone they differ from 6 points economically and 5 points socially? (You)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #281 on: August 25, 2013, 08:48:48 AM »

What is that first sentence supposed to mean? Fortunately, a lot of the Federalists are less partisan than you. Let's take the most moderate member of the Federalist Party, which in my opinion is Sbane.  Not sure if they already voted, but based on ideology alone, does it make sense for a federalist with Sbane's matrix score to vote for someone they differ from 2 points economically and 3 points socially (Napoleon), or someone they differ from 6 points economically and 5 points socially? (You)

Him and Scott I expected. I'm talking about Vosem and Torie.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #282 on: August 25, 2013, 09:05:13 AM »

I don't perceive Vosem and Torie as raving fundamentalists, either.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #283 on: August 25, 2013, 09:22:24 AM »

Your position on gay marriage would probably explain Torie's vote.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #284 on: August 25, 2013, 09:46:10 AM »

Yet I would back him if he were running in this race.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #285 on: August 25, 2013, 09:56:01 AM »

There are RL politicians who I wouldn't vote for even if they endorsed me. (If I was a RL politician.)

I'm not saying I wouldn't vote for you if you endorsed me, not sure what I would do in that situation, but I can't imagine your getting your endorsement in the first place.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #286 on: August 25, 2013, 10:12:16 AM »

You're missing some basic logic here.

Blue guy might vote for red guy, but red guy will prefer green guy over blue guy.

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #287 on: August 25, 2013, 10:27:38 AM »

Jeez, people. JCL is not a "raving fundamentalist", he's just a typical social conservative who's been outcasted by the extreme social liberalism of Atlasia. People like Torie and Vosem have supported people IRL who oppose gay marriage, what makes JCL any different?
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #288 on: August 25, 2013, 10:32:10 AM »

Don't blame me. I second pref'd JCL. *badge of honour*
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #289 on: August 25, 2013, 10:36:27 AM »

Sorry if anyone was offended by my comments.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #290 on: August 25, 2013, 10:39:38 AM »

The idea I've try to go with as I've developed in this game is build issues based coalitions. I know many despise my view on gay marriage but they should look at my tax plan which is built on a compromise. Look at my foreign policy which many on the site would sympathize with. Look at my energy policy which takes the best of conservative ideas and considers the enviromental concerns of the left. Look at my view on criminal justice which is rehabilitative in nature but still shows the punitive side that our laws have to have. Look at my advocacy of protecting our kids against predators and traffickers. That's what they need to look at in spite of my view of marriage which regardless of that should not be a senate power but one of the regions.

I'm not blameing you Supersonic. I'm trying to address the federalist and center-right disconnect that I've had to deal with unlike most.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #291 on: August 25, 2013, 10:46:58 AM »

I'm not blameing you Supersonic. I'm trying to address the federalist and center-right disconnect that I've had to deal with unlike most.

The Federalists have an large big-L Libertarian wing who are very socially liberal, this is probably a thorn in your side. I think it's more a perception, rather than any actual policy difference.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #292 on: August 25, 2013, 10:57:47 AM »

The Federalists have an large big-L Libertarian wing who are very socially liberal, this is probably a thorn in your side. I think it's more a perception, rather than any actual policy difference.

Could be. But I back them as vigorously as I would the socon wing many try to paint me to be part of.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #293 on: August 25, 2013, 11:08:11 AM »

And as chairman, I have encouraged federalists to vote for JCL, so let's not blame the Libertarian wing of the party, shall we?
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #294 on: August 25, 2013, 11:30:36 AM »

And as chairman, I have encouraged federalists to vote for JCL, so let's not blame the Libertarian wing of the party, shall we?

I'm not blaming. Merely stating.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #295 on: August 25, 2013, 11:40:42 AM »

Most assume because of my view on marriage that I'm not of the Libertarian wing myself. I've tried to be a bridge between the Conservative and Libertarian wings.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #296 on: August 26, 2013, 12:54:08 PM »

JCL:

I was thrilled to see you on the ballot. Smiley

Thanks for running. You made THIS socon damned proud. Smiley I gave you my third preference, because I wanted SJoyce to make it (having worked with him in the IDS), and TM to make sure he got in.

Please, some of us did notice and are glad you ran.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #297 on: August 27, 2013, 11:54:07 AM »

I plan on running again Kenobi. Don't know when or what for yet. Not to say I don't have a prospect or two.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #298 on: September 02, 2013, 12:51:54 PM »

Chicago IL,

It's good to be back in The Windy City. If only our Cubs would leave their losing ways. I can kinda relate to their situation but I'm going for something better that we will all benefit from. A JCL term in our assembly. I'm running this time on a plan to propose specific infrastructure improvements that will benefit all of the region. As part of this Chicago would serve a very important role in this project. A rail system that would put the current proposal to shame all while maintaining a balanced budget.

Thank you and on to break my losing streak.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #299 on: September 03, 2013, 12:07:52 AM »

Are you a Cubs fan?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to: