The Office of JCL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:31:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of JCL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25
Author Topic: The Office of JCL  (Read 90093 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: September 03, 2013, 10:54:58 AM »

Fourth Generation one.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #301 on: September 03, 2013, 11:19:23 AM »

Endorsed! The assembly needs an ideas man, and you are certainly that.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #302 on: September 05, 2013, 11:18:02 PM »

Indianapolis, IN

I'd like to express my thoughts on this drive to call for a convention to overall the Atlasian Constitution. I can understand why some want to do so. Some believe the game is becoming stagnant and want to change legislative processes. This will not be getting my support. One of the proposed changes would end the regional system we have. There is a very good reason for the idea of seperation of powers and duel federalism. The federal government has no business dictating matters of family to the regions. The powers of the national government need to be clear, specific and limited.

Regarding the matter of unions I have examined a certain system used in Canada (discussion in Spamage for President thread) called the Rand Formula. Given my economic views I cannot in good conscience support any move towards. While I firmly believe unions have a right to be an advocate for individual workers going before management, I also believe that the individual has the right not to join said union and the rights and responsibilities that come with it. I believe union and non union labor can work together amicably and peacefully in the same shop. So why should one be forced to join a union as part of being hired to say an auto or steel factory? They shouldn't be. That's why I believe in right to work. It promotes a fair job playing field. Union exclusivity doesn't.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #303 on: September 05, 2013, 11:45:16 PM »

Indianapolis, IN

I'd like to express my thoughts on this drive to call for a convention to overall the Atlasian Constitution. I can understand why some want to do so. Some believe the game is becoming stagnant and want to change legislative processes. This will not be getting my support. One of the proposed changes would end the regional system we have. There is a very good reason for the idea of seperation of powers and duel federalism. The federal government has no business dictating matters of family to the regions. The powers of the national government need to be clear, specific and limited.

Regarding the matter of unions I have examined a certain system used in Canada (discussion in Spamage for President thread) called the Rand Formula. Given my economic views I cannot in good conscience support any move towards. While I firmly believe unions have a right to be an advocate for individual workers going before management, I also believe that the individual has the right not to join said union and the rights and responsibilities that come with it. I believe union and non union labor can work together amicably and peacefully in the same shop. So why should one be forced to join a union as part of being hired to say an auto or steel factory? They shouldn't be. That's why I believe in right to work. It promotes a fair job playing field. Union exclusivity doesn't.
I and many others don't support the elimination of regional governments. Yet I support the new constitutional convention. The current constitution has flaws. I'm sure everyone, including yourself, know of something in the constitution they would like to change.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #304 on: September 06, 2013, 12:29:43 AM »

Indianapolis, IN

I and many others don't support the elimination of regional governments. Yet I support the new constitutional convention. The current constitution has flaws. I'm sure everyone, including yourself, know of something in the constitution they would like to change.

And I expressed my concerns regarding the current constitution in the first paragraph. I don't think a overall is needed.  Just a couple tweaks.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #305 on: September 09, 2013, 01:29:10 PM »

I applaud the passage of the Mass Transit bill in the Mideast Assembly. This will allow for the next steps towards having a region wide system of mass transit. While the best methods are still via automobile and by plane having alternative forms of transit will promote job growth and further economic prosperity towards our region. I urge ZuWo to sign this bill. This is something that is widely supported across party lines and can be done in a fiscally responsible manner.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #306 on: September 16, 2013, 11:13:20 PM »

Thank you Governor ZuWo for this appointment. I wish I were assuming these responsibilities under better circumstances but I will do my best for this brief term. Hopefully the people will elect me to a full term in its own right. There is more we can do to promote freedom and prosperity in the Mideast region. I know many don't see eye to eye with me but I'd like to ask for your help in this weeks election. A matter of national intrest has not caught me by surprise.There is talk of regional consolidation. I see this as a threat to our region and stand to defeat those who seek to rip the region asunder. If I were a member of any these other assemblies I would be incensed as well. So if you want to preserve this region regardless of party I ask for your help. It doesn't matter if you are a Federalist, Progressive Unionist, Liberal or pro-regionalist Labourite I ask for you help and vote in this weeks election.

Thank you and May God save and keep the Mideast and Atlasia
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #307 on: September 16, 2013, 11:19:40 PM »

Congratulations on being appointed. Also just wanted to say that you have my full endorsement for the Assembly. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #308 on: September 16, 2013, 11:30:41 PM »

Congratulations JCL! Smiley
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #309 on: September 16, 2013, 11:45:24 PM »

Congratulations Representative JCL! Smiley
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #310 on: September 17, 2013, 12:05:40 AM »

Congrats, JCL! Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #311 on: September 17, 2013, 07:53:22 AM »

Congratulations on being appointed. Also just wanted to say that you have my full endorsement for the Assembly. Smiley

As you have mine for your run for Lt.. Governor.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #312 on: September 23, 2013, 09:07:39 PM »

Fellow Mideasterners:

I thank you for your support in this race. It was a close one. Any one of the six of us could've been on the outside looking
in. Njall brought a good fight and I expect him to be back soon. Yet we have business to attend to. That business is to preserve this region against those who seek to rip it apart like ravenous wolves for the sake of centralizing power in one monolithic government. With that improving our alternative forms of transportation like a regional wide light rail system would provide a massive opportunity for job growth for all Atlasians.

Its also a momentous day as the Colts won in a fashion I didn't expect. The running game. But remember Coach Pagano, don't abandon the passing game. I want to see Luck have 300 yards passing too. That trade shocked me like anyone. Welcome to Colts nation Trent Richardson.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #313 on: September 26, 2013, 02:30:53 PM »

I'm not sure Atlasia is ready for this but an announcement may be forthcoming about a possible future plan.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #314 on: September 27, 2013, 06:14:46 PM »

This is not the possible announcement. This is a bill I will submit for action in the Mideast Assembly.

Allocution of funds from Pacific Crises Stimulus Fund Act
1. Three Billon Dollars is specified for the purpose of improving rail stations for regional mass transit.
   A. Contracts are to be offered to non-union and union rail infrastructure workers
   B. The following cities are considered for this phase of improvements
        1. Baltimore Maryland
        2. Richmond Virginia
        3. Charleston West Virginia
        4. Columbus Ohio
        5. Cleveland Ohio
        6. Indianapolis Indiana
        7. Chicago Illinois
        8. St. Louis Missouri
        9. Kansas City, Missouri

2. Seven Billion Dollars are to be specifically utilized in the form of various tax cuts and credits as the Assembly and Governor shall decide or designated for the Rainy Day Fund

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #315 on: September 28, 2013, 03:15:06 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2013, 03:22:48 PM by ZuWo »

Is it your intention to tie section 1 of your bill to the "Mideast High Speed Rail Act", JCL?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #316 on: September 28, 2013, 08:19:13 PM »

Is it your intention to tie section 1 of your bill to the "Mideast High Speed Rail Act", JCL?

In addition to.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #317 on: October 03, 2013, 08:44:08 PM »

It's senate campaign time. If you have any questions just pop in and ask away.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #318 on: October 10, 2013, 03:53:55 PM »

Don't forget to vote in the Federalist senate primary tomorrow. That is if you are a Federalist. For those who are I'd like to give you a reason to vote for me.

I see a fundamental flaw in Atlasian foreign policy. The folks in power want to aid the enemies of one our most important allies and sanction that friend unjustly. That friend while not perfect is the only liberal democratic(with a parliament) country in its entire region. I'm talking about Israel. For those who think that I hate the sons of Ishmael you couldn't be further from the truth. I have Arab friends. They also support my view on Israel as they are Christ followers as well. For those who say Israel is practicing apartheid I have news for you. Look at Israel's neighbors and their treatment of religious minorities and women before you judge Israel's property laws. I ask our Jordanian friends to take in their Palestinian brothers for the sake of regional peace and goodwill. If in the senate I will work to undo the Pro-Muslim bent of this government. Former Senator Ben would be ashamed of the national governments actions towards his people.

I know many of you think my social views are extreme but I am a moderate compared to many evangelicals. As we are the Atlasian party of the center-right we all kinds of conservatives to join us. This party needs the social conservative as much as we need the economic conservative or the national security conservative or the moderate or the various strands of libertarian. No wing should be treated as less than any of the other wings. If that happens that part could break away and it cost the party as a whole.

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #319 on: October 10, 2013, 05:33:54 PM »

I see a fundamental flaw in Atlasian foreign policy. The folks in power want to aid the enemies of one our most important allies

Please, do tell, what enemies are we aiding?

Unjustly?

That friend while not perfect is the only liberal democratic(with a parliament) country in its entire region.

None are authoritarian regimes and some are democracies. Only democracy? Not hardly.

For those who think that I hate the sons of Ishmael you couldn't be further from the truth. I have Arab friends.

"I don't hate blacks. I have black friends. But..."

For those who say Israel is practicing apartheid I have news for you. Look at Israel's neighbors and their treatment of religious minorities and women before you judge Israel's property laws.

Is it okay to murder someone if a couple of your neighbors do so as well?

I ask our Jordanian friends to take in their Palestinian brothers for the sake of regional peace and goodwill.

As in annexation of the West Bank? On the table, but the Jordanians have expressed reluctance to the idea in the past.

If in the senate I will work to undo the Pro-Muslim bent of this government.

Good luck.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #320 on: October 10, 2013, 06:48:56 PM »

I see a fundamental flaw in Atlasian foreign policy. The folks in power want to aid the enemies of one our most important allies

Please, do tell, what enemies are we aiding?

Unjustly?

That friend while not perfect is the only liberal democratic(with a parliament) country in its entire region.

None are authoritarian regimes and some are democracies. Only democracy? Not hardly.

For those who think that I hate the sons of Ishmael you couldn't be further from the truth. I have Arab friends.

"I don't hate blacks. I have black friends. But..."

For those who say Israel is practicing apartheid I have news for you. Look at Israel's neighbors and their treatment of religious minorities and women before you judge Israel's property laws.

Is it okay to murder someone if a couple of your neighbors do so as well?

I ask our Jordanian friends to take in their Palestinian brothers for the sake of regional peace and goodwill.

As in annexation of the West Bank? On the table, but the Jordanians have expressed reluctance to the idea in the past.

If in the senate I will work to undo the Pro-Muslim bent of this government.

Good luck.

None of the countries afford full religious freedom towards non-Muslims.
The West Bank belongs to Israel. What I'm saying is let the Jews have their rightful land. Turkey is fast turning away from the West and towards a more fundamentalist strand of Islam. Is the government acting like Obama and aiding the Arab Spring revolutionaries?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #321 on: October 10, 2013, 07:03:10 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2013, 07:50:34 PM by SJoyce »

None of the countries afford full religious freedom towards non-Muslims.

Egyptian Muslims protecting a Christian church. Lebanon is also a state of great religious tolerance (in light of its demographics in particular), Turkey is extremely secular, and Morocco and Tunisia are also generally free.

The West Bank belongs to Israel. What I'm saying is let the Jews have their rightful land.

The Administration rejects this position and views the West Bank in its pre-1967 entirety as the basis of negotiations for an independent and sovereign state of Palestine.

Turkey is fast turning away from the West and towards a more fundamentalist strand of Islam. Is the government acting like Obama and aiding the Arab Spring revolutionaries?

A major controversy in Turkey is over whether or not headscarves should be banned. Fundamentalist strand? Not hardly.

I don't know what you mean by specifically "aiding the Arab Spring revolutionaries". The fall of Mubarak/Qaddafi/Ben Ali were positive events and I hope that al-Assad joins their number soon, but we are not providing assistance to the FSA or the other assortment of less-than-friendly groups in the country (al-Nusra Front, ISIL).
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #322 on: October 10, 2013, 07:19:16 PM »

I would have to say I was a little hesitant to vote for you as SoEA, thank you Secretary SJoyce for easing all of my doubts! Smiley 
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #323 on: October 10, 2013, 09:50:36 PM »

The administration is wrong on its view of the West Bank. The 1967 War happened. Israel won and thus got the West Bank as part of the treaty ending the war. Atlasia must recgonize those results. Israel is the rightful and duly recognized national sovereign over the West Bank.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #324 on: October 11, 2013, 01:50:54 PM »

The administration is wrong on its view of the West Bank. The 1967 War happened. Israel won and thus got the West Bank as part of the treaty ending the war. Atlasia must recgonize those results. Israel is the rightful and duly recognized national sovereign over the West Bank.

This is false. The West Bank, Golan Heights, and Gaza Strip are under Israeli military occupation. They were seized during warfare and are not legally part of the State of Israel. No treaty was signed following the war that legally recognized the occupied territories as part of the State of Israel. Israel is neither the rightful sovereign (that'd be the State of Palestine) nor the duly recognized (see UN recognition of the State of Palestine) sovereign (it's an occupying power) of the West Bank.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies