The Office of JCL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:44:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of JCL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25
Author Topic: The Office of JCL  (Read 90016 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: October 11, 2013, 02:10:59 PM »

The administration is wrong on its view of the West Bank. The 1967 War happened. Israel won and thus got the West Bank as part of the treaty ending the war. Atlasia must recgonize those results. Israel is the rightful and duly recognized national sovereign over the West Bank.

This is false. The West Bank, Golan Heights, and Gaza Strip are under Israeli military occupation. They were seized during warfare and are not legally part of the State of Israel. No treaty was signed following the war that legally recognized the occupied territories as part of the State of Israel. Israel is neither the rightful sovereign (that'd be the State of Palestine) nor the duly recognized (see UN recognition of the State of Palestine) sovereign (it's an occupying power) of the West Bank.

Israel won them in just warfare thus they are legally part of Israel. You're taking Obama's position which is totally the wrong side. Israel is the rightful sovereign of that land by the decree of Divine Providence. My previous statement is correct.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #326 on: October 11, 2013, 05:01:37 PM »

Israel won them in just warfare thus they are legally part of Israel.

Right of conquest has been discredited since the Second World War.

Israel is the rightful sovereign of that land by the decree of Divine Providence.

That won't hold up in any court.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #327 on: October 14, 2013, 07:01:09 PM »

St. Louis MO

Fellow Atlasians,

I'm here today because there is a message and cause that being neglected in Atlasian politics. That message is that of conservatism.

As a Federalist one of our most dear causes is that of regional rights and decentralization. There is a movement out there that seeks to rip asunder the current regional make up and targets one region in particular for destruction. I can not stand by and let that happen. While I do understand the concerns over activity or the lack thereof, changing the regional structure in a wholesale manner is not a prudent course of action. Moving a few states around might be a more sensible move. That is if the states in question via a vote of their citizens accede to the proposal.

Also the issue of the family is one that needs to be reexamined. The centralizers want to dictate terms which are a hindrance to individuals of faith and conscience. Laws regarding marriage and divorce are better handled at the regional level. Regions should have more say in regards to adoption. The current arrangement simply doesn't work. Folks want to say social issues are off the table in total favor of liberalism. I don't conform to any truce on social issues. Why can't we have an honest discussion about these issues and have a fair and just compromise? Because social liberals and centralizers refuse to come to the table and discuss them openly and candidly.

The current administration and the candidates for president are making a colossal mistake in the realm of foreign policy. We don't sanction our friends and allies when they are working on internal infrastructure improvements because we think the land isn't theirs. In fact the land is theirs and for us to butt in on an internal issue is being a bad friend. That won't happen in my administration.

For these reasons I'm throwing my hat into the ring for President.

LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #328 on: October 14, 2013, 07:42:21 PM »

St. Louis MO

Fellow Atlasians,

I'm here today because there is a message and cause that being neglected in Atlasian politics. That message is that of conservatism.

As a Federalist one of our most dear causes is that of regional rights and decentralization. There is a movement out there that seeks to rip asunder the current regional make up and targets one region in particular for destruction. I can not stand by and let that happen. While I do understand the concerns over activity or the lack thereof, changing the regional structure in a wholesale manner is not a prudent course of action. Moving a few states around might be a more sensible move. That is if the states in question via a vote of their citizens accede to the proposal.

Also the issue of the family is one that needs to be reexamined. The centralizers want to dictate terms which are a hindrance to individuals of faith and conscience. Laws regarding marriage and divorce are better handled at the regional level. Regions should have more say in regards to adoption. The current arrangement simply doesn't work. Folks want to say social issues are off the table in total favor of liberalism. I don't conform to any truce on social issues. Why can't we have an honest discussion about these issues and have a fair and just compromise? Because social liberals and centralizers refuse to come to the table and discuss them openly and candidly.

The current administration and the candidates for president are making a colossal mistake in the realm of foreign policy. We don't sanction our friends and allies when they are working on internal infrastructure improvements because we think the land isn't theirs. In fact the land is theirs and for us to butt in on an internal issue is being a bad friend. That won't happen in my administration.

For these reasons I'm throwing my hat into the ring for President.

Dear Atlasians,

I would like to announce my VP declaration in this thread. I will be accepting write-ins as a VP for JCL's ticket because I share many of his views. To echo some of the key platform points, I think it's absolutely necessary to preserve 5 regions, because 3 regions would simply be too active and it would be impossible for me to be re-elected as a councilor. I would like to say a few words about the family issue as well. I think marriage is a terrible institution and federal bureaucrats should not be involved in such a messy affair, and since I don't support any kind of marriage it's best to leave it to the regions since they are very likely to be incompetent enough to  it up. Finally I would like to say it's absolutely necessary to increase aid to Israel,  since it's the only progressive state in the Middle east. As a labor party member & former union organizer in Atlasia I know that taking the strongest postition is always the best positon.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #329 on: October 15, 2013, 07:41:10 AM »

My fellow Atlasians:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_wildcat

^this species is native to all of Israel but only parts of Jordan (which my running mate has "wisely" suggested is basically totally the same thing as Palestine) and the west bank. Thus the state of Israel is a kitty state and should exist. I oppose any policies that would threaten the existence of an independent feline state in Israel.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #330 on: October 15, 2013, 08:57:21 AM »

My fellow Atlasians:

^this species is native to all of Israel but only parts of Jordan (which my running mate has "wisely" suggested is basically totally the same thing as Palestine) and the west bank. Thus the state of Israel is a kitty state and should exist. I oppose any policies that would threaten the existence of an independent feline state in Israel.

You are not my running mate kitteh.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #331 on: October 15, 2013, 10:37:49 AM »

Who are you thinking about for a running mate JCL?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #332 on: October 15, 2013, 04:38:56 PM »

My fellow Atlasians:

Copycat.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #333 on: October 16, 2013, 06:11:04 PM »

Pingvin is my running mate.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #334 on: October 17, 2013, 04:38:43 PM »

I think I will write in JCL / Pingvin for presidential first preference because of your policy on regions.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #335 on: October 17, 2013, 05:07:25 PM »

I think I will write in JCL / Pingvin for presidential first preference because of your policy on regions.
The real ticket is JCL/Seatown
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #336 on: October 17, 2013, 09:56:14 PM »

The ticket is JCL/Pingvin. The NM-AM who you align with has no place in my agenda.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #337 on: October 18, 2013, 01:11:47 AM »

The ticket is JCL/Pingvin. The NM-AM who you align with has no place in my agenda.
I'm a deep red laborite again.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #338 on: October 18, 2013, 01:28:56 PM »

Don't forget to vote in the election this weekend.

Vote Federalist in the senate races. Rooney and Spiral are excellent candidates.
The presidential race has grown more intriguing with the write in candidacies of DallasFan/Jbrase and JCL/Pingvin.

Friends in Luimne and Matt are in the race as well. While I wish them the best I'm playing to win.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #339 on: October 19, 2013, 08:18:06 PM »

Looks like this election is humming along. Don't forget to vote and if you would, write in JCL/Pingvin for your Presidential ticket. Remember if you preference me for President only Pingvin and Matt are valid running mates for me. Not any of the leftists who think they can claim the spot.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #340 on: October 19, 2013, 10:03:40 PM »

Looks like this election is humming along. Don't forget to vote and if you would, write in JCL/Pingvin for your Presidential ticket. Remember if you preference me for President only Pingvin and Matt are valid running mates for me. Not any of the leftists who think they can claim the spot.

Why would Matt from VT be considered your running mate? He didn't declare a write-in candidacy, nor did he write you in on his ballot.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #341 on: October 19, 2013, 10:23:24 PM »

Why would Matt from VT be considered your running mate? He didn't declare a write-in candidacy, nor did he write you in on his ballot.

It's my way of telling NM-AM who I'd rather have then any of their party.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #342 on: October 21, 2013, 06:33:43 PM »

Indianapolis, IN

It has been a wild ride the past week.  Going from a Senate campaign to a Presidential campaign wasn't an easy decision. The senate race is one I had been concentrating on for a serious amount of time and my efforts for whatever reason come up in vain. Lt. Governor Spiral will make a solid senator who will do the Mideast proud.

So why did I run an insurgent campaign for President? Not all voices were fairly heard in the electoral process. All the tickets were left of center and none of them merited my support in good conscience. The strict regionalist was not represented in any of the other tickets. The conservative voice was ignored again in the results. The party who professed to be of the center-right nominated a center-left candidate for President. There is no way you can avoid the President-elect Duke is of a left of center bent. The party power brokers chose a Faustian deal to win. Not only that, but conservatives hadn't been seen on the Federalist ticket in nearly a year with the possible exception of Hagrid's campaign. So I chose to run.

When Federalists prefer the Labour ticket over a Federalist write in ticket it makes me wonder where many of them really stand. I can understand you picking Duke over me but to pick the Labour ticket over one of your own in lower preferences is disrespectful.

Lumine, I hope to see you run again. Or maybe we have our coalition ticket sometime.

ZuWo, I hope you veto the repeal the Assembly's attempt to undo the ban on gender selective abortions.

Well.... I head back to my duties in the Assembly. This isn't my last Presidential campaign.

God Save Atlasia
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #343 on: October 21, 2013, 07:07:19 PM »

When Federalists prefer the Labour ticket over a Federalist write in ticket it makes me wonder where many of them really stand. I can understand you picking Duke over me but to pick the Labour ticket over one of your own in lower preferences is disrespectful.

Maybe they would prefer a President who knows how to spell?

I was using the British spelling on Labor/Labour.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #344 on: October 21, 2013, 07:23:55 PM »

A lot of folks may not have even been aware that you were running a write-in campaign, while others don't vote for write-in's out of principle. I would urge you not to be so quick to judge.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #345 on: October 21, 2013, 08:09:21 PM »

Because you're British?

Because he likes the non-mainstream version of it. To be fair, I use it a lot, but I am part Brit'. Tongue
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #346 on: October 21, 2013, 09:38:02 PM »

A lot of folks may not have even been aware that you were running a write-in campaign, while others don't vote for write-in's out of principle. I would urge you not to be so quick to judge.

Point taken.

Because you're British?

Because he likes the non-mainstream version of it. To be fair, I use it a lot, but I am part Brit'. Tongue

Nix, I'm an American cousin of the Baron of Berriew. You guys would love his views on transgendered people.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #347 on: October 22, 2013, 10:14:38 PM »

Hey JCL, why are you against gay people adopting kids?

I've been waiting three months for a response, Assemblyman.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #348 on: October 23, 2013, 11:41:51 PM »

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #349 on: October 24, 2013, 12:03:29 AM »

The same reason I oppose gay marriage.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies