The Office of JCL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:54:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of JCL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 25
Author Topic: The Office of JCL  (Read 90082 times)
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: October 24, 2013, 12:07:47 AM »

Hey JCL, why are you against gay people adopting kids?

I've been waiting three months for a response, Assemblyman.

The same reason I oppose gay marriage.

Why do you oppose both of those?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #351 on: October 24, 2013, 12:23:24 AM »

When Federalists prefer the Labour ticket over a Federalist write in ticket it makes me wonder where many of them really stand. I can understand you picking Duke over me but to pick the Labour ticket over one of your own in lower preferences is disrespectful.

Maybe they would prefer a President who knows how to spell?

I was using the British spelling on Labor/Labour.

Because you're British?

Because he likes the non-mainstream version of it. To be fair, I use it a lot, but I am part Brit'. Tongue

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #352 on: October 24, 2013, 04:26:28 PM »

When Federalists prefer the Labour ticket over a Federalist write in ticket it makes me wonder where many of them really stand. I can understand you picking Duke over me but to pick the Labour ticket over one of your own in lower preferences is disrespectful.

Maybe they would prefer a President who knows how to spell?

I was using the British spelling on Labor/Labour.

Because you're British?

Because he likes the non-mainstream version of it. To be fair, I use it a lot, but I am part Brit'. Tongue

Faith and medical science thank you very much.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #353 on: October 24, 2013, 04:36:50 PM »

Medical science? Like, say, the AMA or APA? Both back gay adoption.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #354 on: October 24, 2013, 04:54:02 PM »

Do they also support Obamacare?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #355 on: October 24, 2013, 05:02:29 PM »

Don't avoid the question with irrelevant counter-questions about a nonexistent program.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #356 on: October 24, 2013, 10:16:36 PM »

Don't avoid the question with irrelevant counter-questions about a nonexistent program.

JCL, you do realize medical science does not support you on this?
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #357 on: October 25, 2013, 08:46:25 PM »

I'd still love to know your medical science sources.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #358 on: October 25, 2013, 11:10:08 PM »

You would have done better with Seatown as your running mate. Just saying...
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #359 on: October 26, 2013, 01:35:55 PM »

It's relevant because Obamacare exists. So answer my question.

You are aware the AMA sometimes gets it wrong. I will get you a source. Are not Physiologists licensed medical professionals as well?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #360 on: October 26, 2013, 02:34:26 PM »

No it doesn't. Fritzcare does.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #361 on: October 26, 2013, 03:07:22 PM »

Do they run along the same lines?
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #362 on: October 26, 2013, 05:04:41 PM »

You are aware the AMA sometimes gets it wrong. I will get you a source. Are not Physiologists licensed medical professionals as well?

First of all, I would like to get a factual report from you about this. Secondly why do you really see gay people as not fit to raise children? I know gay people have every right to adopt a child because they are good parents. Think about this, JCL: If you are gay and you want a kid, you need to go through a long process of security checks, home visits, and they have to go through all these processes to adopt someone. Now, if they don't want kids, they can't because well gay sex is not able to produce children. Now, JCL, I think you don't realize how being gay truly works. What actual science has pointed out is that being gay is not a choice, but even if it is, why are you so opposed to gay people adopting?

Why do you feel as if a gay person isn't enough of a human being to raise a child?

Don't give me this faith and science bull because first of all, science does not support your claims, it will never support your claims, your claims have no base. And I'm a pretty religious person, I believe in God, Jesus, Mary, etc. and I know being gay is not a choice, I know that gay people are people, who if they want a kid, they should be able to raise one, I know that.

Your claims that gay people are unfit to raise a child is unbelievable, homophobic, and if one of your children is gay, I will pray for them, because you obviously are against human rights.

There is no freedom until we're equal. All of us. Gay, straight, white, black, Christian, Muslim.

And that you are against equality, against other people for who they love, against others who want to raise a child that a straight couple couldn't take care of, or that child of a mother or father who had died, it sickens me to my core.

I hope you have a wonderful day, JCL.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #363 on: October 26, 2013, 05:18:52 PM »

JCL, stop pretending you know about these things. You don't.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #364 on: October 27, 2013, 08:44:45 PM »

Not at all.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #365 on: October 28, 2013, 04:59:29 PM »

Still government ran healthcare is antithetical to individual liberty.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #366 on: October 28, 2013, 05:43:31 PM »

First of all, I would like to get a factual report from you about this. Secondly why do you really see gay people as not fit to raise children? I know gay people have every right to adopt a child because they are good parents. Think about this, JCL: If you are gay and you want a kid, you need to go through a long process of security checks, home visits, and they have to go through all these processes to adopt someone. Now, if they don't want kids, they can't because well gay sex is not able to produce children. Now, JCL, I think you don't realize how being gay truly works. What actual science has pointed out is that being gay is not a choice, but even if it is, why are you so opposed to gay people adopting?

Why do you feel as if a gay person isn't enough of a human being to raise a child?

Don't give me this faith and science bull because first of all, science does not support your claims, it will never support your claims, your claims have no base. And I'm a pretty religious person, I believe in God, Jesus, Mary, etc. and I know being gay is not a choice, I know that gay people are people, who if they want a kid, they should be able to raise one, I know that.

Your claims that gay people are unfit to raise a child is unbelievable, homophobic, and if one of your children is gay, I will pray for them, because you obviously are against human rights.

There is no freedom until we're equal. All of us. Gay, straight, white, black, Christian, Muslim.

And that you are against equality, against other people for who they love, against others who want to raise a child that a straight couple couldn't take care of, or that child of a mother or father who had died, it sickens me to my core.

I want you to Google Dr. James Dobson on gay adoption go to page two and click on the scienceblog.com web page. It mentions noted Sociologist David Popenoe of Rutgers University and his research on the subject of gay adoption.  It basically shows why a child does best in a home with a mom and a dad.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #367 on: October 28, 2013, 05:56:23 PM »

I'm sorry, JCL, but I have to disagree with you here. Would a kid do better with a mother and father? Sure. A kid would also likely do better in a private school than public, in a wealthier home, in a more urban area, etc. This isn't about whether heterosexual couples are more capable than homosexual couples.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #368 on: October 28, 2013, 06:19:03 PM »

JCL, do you oppose adoptions by single parents?
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #369 on: October 28, 2013, 06:56:28 PM »

Do they run along the same lines?

No, they don't...
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #370 on: October 28, 2013, 11:24:09 PM »

I want you to Google Dr. James Dobson on gay adoption go to page two and click on the scienceblog.com web page. It mentions noted Sociologist David Popenoe of Rutgers University and his research on the subject of gay adoption.  It basically shows why a child does best in a home with a mom and a dad.

He was distorting reports JCL. He was hijacking them for a political agenda.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #371 on: October 28, 2013, 11:27:48 PM »

I was raised by a single parent. My mother from 3-11 and my dad after that. While I think any situation besides the two parent married heterosexual couple is less than ideal,  if the circumstances were right a single could. There's this young lady who became a missionary in Africa. I believe she adopted some 14 or so African kids. The story is talked about in the book Kisses from Katie. .
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #372 on: October 28, 2013, 11:33:07 PM »

I was raised by a single parent. My mother from 3-11 and my dad after that. While I think any situation besides the two parent married heterosexual couple is less than ideal,  if the circumstances were right a single could. There's this young lady who became a missionary in Africa. I believe she adopted some 14 or so African kids. The story is talked about in the book Kisses from Katie. .
So you have no problems with single parents, but gay parents are unacceptable because a child does better with a mother and a father?
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #373 on: October 28, 2013, 11:35:25 PM »

So you have no problems with single parents, but gay parents are unacceptable because a child does better with a mother and a father?
He doesn't want to acknowledge the fact that this sociologist is distorting reports and lying. I mean, who cares about facts right? As long as it makes your cause seem worthy, facts don't truly matter.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #374 on: October 28, 2013, 11:42:27 PM »

If your union can't produce new life, you don't get to adopt. I gave you one instance where a single could do it. The circumstances of my life from 3-adulthood of how I was raised wouldn't be close to the ideal situation but it is miles ahead of a gay couple could ever offer.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies