The Office of JCL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:36:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of JCL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25
Author Topic: The Office of JCL  (Read 90071 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: October 28, 2013, 11:53:47 PM »

JCL, do you oppose adoptions by single parents?

I was raised by a single parent. My mother from 3-11 and my dad after that. While I think any situation besides the two parent married heterosexual couple is less than ideal,  if the circumstances were right a single could. There's this young lady who became a missionary in Africa. I believe she adopted some 14 or so African kids. The story is talked about in the book Kisses from Katie. .
So you have no problems with single parents, but gay parents are unacceptable because a child does better with a mother and a father?

If your union can't produce new life, you don't get to adopt. I gave you one instance where a single could do it. The circumstances of my life from 3-adulthood of how I was raised wouldn't be close to the ideal situation but it is miles ahead of a gay couple could ever offer.

Why, exactly? I thought the argument was that children need both a father figure and a mother figure? So why, for example, would just having a mother be preferable to having two father figures?
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #376 on: October 29, 2013, 12:01:22 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2013, 12:58:17 AM by Flo »

I was raised by a single parent. My mother from 3-11 and my dad after that. While I think any situation besides the two parent married heterosexual couple is less than ideal,  if the circumstances were right a single could. There's this young lady who became a missionary in Africa. I believe she adopted some 14 or so African kids. The story is talked about in the book Kisses from Katie. .
So you have no problems with single parents, but gay parents are unacceptable because a child does better with a mother and a father?

If your union can't produce new life, you don't get to adopt. I gave you one instance where a single could do it. The circumstances of my life from 3-adulthood of how I was raised wouldn't be close to the ideal situation but it is miles ahead of a gay couple could ever offer.

In the original, non distorted research by Judith Stacey, not the distorted article by your prized sociologist, it explained why two parents, no matter their sexual preference, is usually better than one parent. The original author of these documents stated that

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #377 on: October 29, 2013, 12:01:58 AM »

1. If this is your belief, then women who can't have children shouldn't be allowed to adopt.
2. Back it up with more than disproven research.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #378 on: October 29, 2013, 01:02:43 AM »

1. If this is your belief, then women who can't have children shouldn't be allowed to adopt.
So women and men who do not have the ability to have a child together can't adopt either?

Oh and I think that a gay couple would show much more appreciation for their children and wouldn't discriminate them because of their sexual preferences.

Another thing: gay people still have to go through months of checks for the child, caring for the child, adoption procedures, they would be as good or even better than straight parents who had a child through sex.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #379 on: November 08, 2013, 01:16:14 AM »

So women and men who do not have the ability to have a child together can't adopt either?

Oh and I think that a gay couple would show much more appreciation for their children and wouldn't discriminate them because of their sexual preferences.

Another thing: gay people still have to go through months of checks for the child, caring for the child, adoption procedures, they would be as good or even better than straight parents who had a child through sex.

Heterosexual unions have the potential to create new life. Sometimes couples in those unions for whatever reason aren't able to have biological children of their own. Allowing homosexual adoption is complete and total discrimination against those heterosexual married couples. Why do you think I fight against abortion so heavily besides that of my faith based convictions? If I were married I will tell you this..... Her and I would heavily consider adoption in addition to having children of our own. I have always been an advocate for adoption and will always be. How can a gay couple be better than a traditional one in the rearing of children? I can understand what the kid in a situation like this is going through because I know what a custody fight is like. Don't you think I considered other options on who to live with other than my biological parents? I had a couple certain options because of other families that I had close contact with. Needless to say I chose my dad. Not just because I could have a chance at a better situation and could actually have considerably more freedom as a kid, but ultimately my brother and I thought it best that we stuck together.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #380 on: November 08, 2013, 01:34:04 AM »

Heterosexual unions have the potential to create new life. Sometimes couples in those unions for whatever reason aren't able to have biological children of their own. Allowing homosexual adoption is complete and total discrimination against those heterosexual married couples. Why do you think I fight against abortion so heavily besides that of my faith based convictions? If I were married I will tell you this..... Her and I would heavily consider adoption in addition to having children of our own. I have always been an advocate for adoption and will always be. How can a gay couple be better than a traditional one in the rearing of children? I can understand what the kid in a situation like this is going through because I know what a custody fight is like. Don't you think I considered other options on who to live with other than my biological parents? I had a couple certain options because of other families that I had close contact with. Needless to say I chose my dad. Not just because I could have a chance at a better situation and could actually have considerably more freedom as a kid, but ultimately my brother and I thought it best that we stuck together.

Yay you answered!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes, exactly. The fact that gay people can raise a child is COMPLETE discrimination against straight people. Yes. 100% correct.

No, what's really going on is that gay people are raising children that straight people couldn't care for and these children finally have a home to live in. A family.

And the funny thing? You argue that same sex couples will damage the lives of children they raise, but not one couple conceived a child by accident. Every single gay and lesbian couple who decided to have a child must plan for it, in great detail, whether it is a gay couple who needs to find a surrogate mother, or a lesbian couple who needs to find a sperm donor, or either going through the very difficult process of adoption. Now it's great that you would consider adoption, but every single child brought into the home of a gay or lesbian couple is wanted. And you should know that.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #381 on: November 10, 2013, 11:23:08 AM »

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #382 on: November 26, 2013, 10:04:42 PM »

Have a great and blessed Thanksgiving holiday.  Its gonna be crazy in the land of JCL (not that it hasn't been since the tornado ) thus I'm going to be gone from the site till at least Saturday so I can totally keep focused on the remaing 19 hours I have on my work schedule for the week.

Till thn I'm on loa.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #383 on: December 05, 2013, 02:05:47 PM »

I have returned from some much needed time away to recharge from putting in 95 hours in the past two weeks at my RL job. So I've heard some rumor that I'm running for At-Large Senate. I'm flattered that I made the polls for this race but I'm considering my options and I'll have a decision by the end of the day Sunday Indiana time.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #384 on: December 05, 2013, 03:15:02 PM »

is that normal Indiana or those rebellious western border counties' time?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #385 on: December 05, 2013, 04:11:03 PM »

is that normal Indiana or those rebellious western border counties' time?

The western counties are right. It's normal Indiana that's in rebellion (including my own county). Indiana needs to go back to not changing their clocks or go to CST.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #386 on: December 08, 2013, 02:52:56 PM »

Thank you for the mentions in various polls regarding the At-Large Senate race. I make no bones about it. I do plan on running for the Senate again. This time however is not the right time. Real life gets hectic at this time of the year and I need to devote my energy to that.

I also hand my endorsements to Tmth and Shua for my first two preferences in the At-Large race. Tmth brought me into the game and I brought with me the Tea Party wing of the Atlasian Right and social conservatives. Shua is also a long time active Atlasian whose record is worthy of a position of merit in the Atlasian body politick.

I will be running in the Janurary Mideast elections for certain. What position will be decided upon my return from my end of the year trip to Kansas City for the Onething Conference, as well as slipping out to Wichita to see family.

No matter your worldview humanity lost a great leader in the cause of individual freedom and racial equality this week. Nelson Mandela was a near mirror of the story of Joseph. From prison to the place of power. He will be missed.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #387 on: December 08, 2013, 04:09:55 PM »

I appreciate your endorsement and wish you the best. Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #388 on: December 16, 2013, 10:24:52 PM »

I'll be auditioning for The Voice this Feburary Lord willing.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #389 on: December 16, 2013, 10:26:24 PM »

That's awesome! I'm really hoping you make it! Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #390 on: December 16, 2013, 10:47:55 PM »

That's awesome! I'm really hoping you make it! Smiley

Anything could happen with auditions like this.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #391 on: December 16, 2013, 10:56:34 PM »

You mean for real?  Good luck! Cheesy
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #392 on: December 16, 2013, 11:47:33 PM »

I tried out for American Idol several years ago.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #393 on: December 25, 2013, 11:05:55 AM »

Happiest of Christmases to you all. JCL will return New Years Day with more conservatarian shenanigans and a campaign announcement.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #394 on: January 02, 2014, 07:50:49 PM »

I'm back from my Christmas vacation and am happy to announce a double campaign. I'm running for assembly in the Mideast in January and for Mideast Senator in Feburary. We need assemblymen and senators who will fight vigorously for the regions against a ever increasing centralization of power in Nyman. We can have responsible laws regarding the controversial issues that divide us. Needless to say there is a law that needs to return to active status in the Mideast. That is the law banning abortions by reason of gender. Yes I understand this is a contentious issue, but a baby souldn't be aborted just they're not the desired gender of the prospective parents. Also fathers should have the right to fight an abortion by their female partner. Its not fair that the father doesn't have the  right to have a say in the matter. That has to change.

Thank you and let the fun begin.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #395 on: January 02, 2014, 10:55:53 PM »

Endorsed for Assembly! Smiley It looks like we are going to have a primary for the Senate!!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #396 on: January 06, 2014, 11:20:08 AM »

Thanks for the endorsement Senator. I urge our citizens in the arreas affected by #snowstormhercules to stay indoors if at all possible. Let emergency workers get the snow cleared and the temps improve.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #397 on: January 13, 2014, 11:09:12 PM »

Looks like a challenger of the left has emerged for the upcome Mideast Senate race. Snowstalker will be a formitible opponent which means I need Federalists, D-R's and my friends in the Progressive Union to stand with me should I receive the Federalist nomination. I know some left leaning Federalists balk at giving me their vote. I can understand that. There are bigger issues than just political ideology. I see hope in Atlasia for stronger regions and more active and lively debate. Stand with me and I will fight for those things as well as your freedoms.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #398 on: January 16, 2014, 03:44:44 PM »

Fellow Mideasterners,

The Assembly and gubernatorial election should be starting shortly. Regardless of political view I encourage you to be active and vote. Encourage your fellow citizens to vote as well that we may truly be a government of for and by the people of this fine region. I would like your votes as would my fellow Federalist Party slate and hifly.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #399 on: January 19, 2014, 04:21:20 PM »

The voting has ended and results for the Mideast assembly and governors race will be up soon. This looks like it could be a barnburner.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies