The Office of JCL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:12:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of JCL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
Author Topic: The Office of JCL  (Read 89825 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: August 03, 2014, 08:29:06 AM »

You'll get a Senate seat at some point or another. I could only give you my 3rd preference in the At-Large special Senate race, but if you don't win this one, you undoubtedly will become the next Mideast Senator or win a seat in the August elections. Despite us disagreeing on a lot of issues, you definitely deserve a Senate seat after your continued optimism to go for it plus you have a better family value record than just about anybody which the Senate desperately needs.  Good luck! Cheesy

I was just passed over regarding the Mideast vacancy again. Governor Riley has somebody going through the confirmation process. It comes down to a couple high level party mates who ruin the fun for me sometimes. Sadly someone from my own wing refuses to nominate me.
That's terrible especially when Riley refused to endorse you over Spiral, a Democratic-Republican for the Senate race. I mean, Cassius is at least better than Spiral, but it almost seems like Riley has something against you, a fellow conservative value voice.

If he does refuse to appoint you, then you should definitely try to primary Riley out in September. He's failed to be an active Governor as he promised and took a much longer LOA than he announced, good excuse or not. It's amazing he wasn't impeached and he could be a vulnerable Governor.

I know. I'd rather have experience in the senate before I try for the governor. On that other point I considered it but have been advised against it.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #501 on: August 03, 2014, 12:13:12 PM »

Franzl is correct.

Moreover, the fact that voters have repeatedly rejected your efforts to win a Senate seat is a reason not to appoint you.
If voters haven't rejected JCL in the past for Assembly, then why would Mideast voters reject JCL in October as the incumbent, appointed Senator? Face it, he's a good fit for the region now that it's more right-wing and less competitive.

Winning one out of 3-5 Assembly seats doesn't have much bearing on a candidate's ability to win a region-wide election.

The Mideast is not much more conservative than it was the last time that JCL made an attempt at its Senate seat, and it's disservice to the region's citizens to presume that "right wing" entails support for brain-dead Young Earth Creationism and populist gold buggery.

My belief in Young Earth Creation is not brain-dead. It's rooted in a study and love of science. My idea on currency doesn't just use gold backing. It's a mix of the major commodities (gold, silver, platinum, oil, coal, natural gas). The current fiat system does nothing but decrease the buying power of the consumer and thus we need to reform that system.

Many on the left and some on the right think I'm not open minded at all. That couldn't be further from the truth. I wasn't always open to medical marijuana being legal but I read up on it and spoke with those who supported it and their reasons for it. If you want to know more Nix ask me in my Ask JCL thread in the religion and philosophy section.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #502 on: August 03, 2014, 01:00:58 PM »

You'll get a Senate seat at some point or another. I could only give you my 3rd preference in the At-Large special Senate race, but if you don't win this one, you undoubtedly will become the next Mideast Senator or win a seat in the August elections. Despite us disagreeing on a lot of issues, you definitely deserve a Senate seat after your continued optimism to go for it plus you have a better family value record than just about anybody which the Senate desperately needs.  Good luck! Cheesy

I was just passed over regarding the Mideast vacancy again. Governor Riley has somebody going through the confirmation process. It comes down to a couple high level party mates who ruin the fun for me sometimes. Sadly someone from my own wing refuses to nominate me.

You act like you're entitled to a Senate seat, like it's your turn and everyone else has to recognize that.

I understand that you've experienced enough defeat that you long for political success, but don't you see something wrong with this?

It's not about entitlement Franzi. It's about hard working actually paying off. Nix, you are wrong on that part. I figured Riley would've recognized it the way is did but he didn't.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #503 on: August 03, 2014, 01:43:32 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2014, 07:31:57 PM by JCL and the Geologist »

Unless we get more votes Spiral will be going back to the Senate. It's not a total loss he'll represent us well.  However it's simply just another minor delay in accomplishing what I've set out to do in the Atlasian game. To Federalists who went for Spiral and put me lower than the left, or not all I'd like to know why. What else do you want before you'll let me sit at the big kids table?

I'm ready to go to Nyman now. Duke needs help in turning our national legislature into a bicameral one which would promote activity. The foreign policy needs straightened out to where we don't force our friends into taking bad treaties. The recent Middle East treaty is absolutely terribad. A two state solution will utterly fail. A one state solution will foster peace, commerce and freedom in such a war torn yet holy place. That state is Israel. Quit forcing Israel to give up land for peace. Let them settle unhindered on their own land.

This battle is over but the war for liberty is never over
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #504 on: August 03, 2014, 10:08:24 PM »

Franzl is correct.

Moreover, the fact that voters have repeatedly rejected your efforts to win a Senate seat is a reason not to appoint you.
If voters haven't rejected JCL in the past for Assembly, then why would Mideast voters reject JCL in October as the incumbent, appointed Senator? Face it, he's a good fit for the region now that it's more right-wing and less competitive.

Winning one out of 3-5 Assembly seats doesn't have much bearing on a candidate's ability to win a region-wide election.

The Mideast is not much more conservative than it was the last time that JCL made an attempt at its Senate seat, and it's disservice to the region's citizens to presume that "right wing" entails support for brain-dead Young Earth Creationism and populist gold buggery.

My belief in Young Earth Creation is not brain-dead. It's rooted in a bible-study and love of bogus science. My idea on currency doesn't just use gold backing. It's a mix of the major commodities (gold, silver, platinum, oil, coal, natural gas). The current fiat system does nothing but decrease the buying power of the consumer and thus we need to reform that system.

Many on the left and some on the right think I'm not open minded at all. That couldn't be further from the truth. I wasn't always open to medical marijuana being legal but I read up on it and spoke with those who supported it and their reasons for it. If you want to know more Nix ask me in my Ask JCL thread in the religion and philosophy section.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #505 on: August 03, 2014, 10:24:09 PM »

Franzl is correct.

My belief in Young Earth Creation is not brain-dead. It's rooted in a study and love of science. My idea on currency doesn't just use gold backing. It's a mix of the major commodities (gold, silver, platinum, oil, coal, natural gas). The current fiat system does nothing but decrease the buying power of the consumer and thus we need to reform that system.

Much better.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #506 on: August 08, 2014, 12:35:01 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2014, 11:23:47 AM by JCL and the Geologist »

Pacific Tour Announcements:

August 8:

Afternoon- Speech/Meet and Greet at Atlasians for Prosperity event San Diego, CA
Evening- Speech/Meet and Greet with Marines at Camp Pendleton  San Diego, CA

August 9:

All Day Community Service/Meet and Greet/Youth Group Service with and at Angelus Temple/Dream Center Los Angeles, CA

August 10:

Church Services at Bethel/Jesus Culture Sacramento Sacramento, CA

August 11:

Speech/Meet and Greet at Atlasians for Prosperity events in  Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale,Mesa, Tuscon, AZ
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #507 on: August 08, 2014, 07:58:35 PM »

Endorsed for a third preference.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #508 on: August 08, 2014, 08:34:55 PM »

Endorsed for a third preference.

Any help is appreciated.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #509 on: August 12, 2014, 02:24:54 PM »

Denver, CO

I'd like to take questions regarding your thoughts on the possibility of a bicameral legislative system.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #510 on: August 14, 2014, 10:27:03 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2014, 02:43:45 PM by JCL and the Geologist »

D-R Convention Speech

Thank you for inviting us to speak at your convention.

Liberty has always been at the root of how I've tried to contribute. It's been said that Victor Hugo once said No army can stop an idea whose time has come. The ideas and principals of that liberty we all seek go back further than any tyrant. The tyrant is a perverse facsimile of the upward climb towards universal freedom. Yes, I admit we differ at points on what that liberty looks like and how we should seek it. Yet it is our mutual journey.

Those who want to centralize economic power in the hands of government beaurocrats have no idea that the more control the government and those who benefit from the current status quo the less the market can effectively grow. Friedrich Hayek in Individualism and Economic Order continues

There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal. While the first is the condition of a free society, the second means as De Tocqueville describes it, 'a new form of servitude.'

We have prominent citizens in the halls who are by force trying to make people equal and by thus failing to treat them equal. The perversion of nationalization of industry is on our doorstep and we need people in the senate who will not only fight it tooth and nail but promote the time tested methods of freedom to work their way into the halls of power.  We have a PPT who abhors our economic beliefs and is taking every step to hinder any hope of economic recovery by nationalizing the energy industry. Your own candidate to the senate has rightly focused on restoring the healthcare industry to the market and the demilitarization of the police. I happen to agree with him on those matters and on that I hope to build a coalition with you to gain entry to the halls of the senate and promote the ideas of liberty.

Thank you and may God and Dave save and keep Atlasia
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #511 on: August 21, 2014, 07:28:25 PM »

Tulsa OK

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'd like to talk today about two things today. Foreign Policy and Energy Policy. Because they in some ways are intermingled due to the nature of our economy. I'd like to discuss some concerns we all have and some solutions I have or support.

Energy has been a major topic in the senate of late. We have a sharp divide between those of us who believe in market based solutions and those who believe in nationalization. The recent Public Fuel and Power Act of 2014 effectively nationalizes our energy sector. The Clean Energy Act of 2014 would end our link to vital energy sources. I'm not sure what the PPT is thinking but nationalization plus cutting links to valuable resources from friends and allies is going to grind our economy to a halt. Those are the energy concerns domestically and within our sphere of influence. I counter with this. We expand our pipelines further but we as the government stay out of the way unless it's to ensure safety of the employees and the minimizing of environmental impact when possible and yes repeal all the bans on fracking. Also for those who say carbon taxes are a good thing I'd like to introduce you to a University of Stanford article that asserts that working class Atlasians would bear the brunt of the impact of carbon taxes.

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2014/february/kolstad-carbon-tax-022814.html

This is why we need to pull the reins in on governmental regulation not on industry.

Another issue has come to my recent attention. The Peace and Prosperity Act of 2014
 ( https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=197435.0 )

This would literally neuter the most powerful military force since the dawn of human history. Most know me as one who is reluctant in wanting to send our finest into battle. However when we must, we must give them the best equipment possible. To quote my own statement earlier regarding this bill

[bMost know me as rather dovish on foreign policy. Needless to say I must oppose this bill. Cutting defense spending by 75 percent while our enemies abroad are building up is totally not wise at all. No nation is meant to be the policemen of the world. The reality is we need a strong national defense and this bill destroys that. I urge the Senate to defeat this bill and if I come to the senate I will vote against it.
][/b]

We need to put a stop the governmental excess and I need your support to be your next Senator.

Thank you and may God and Dave save Atlasia
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #512 on: August 22, 2014, 08:23:44 PM »

Keep getting out the vote for your center-right candidates. Lumine, Deus and yours truly. The race is close and every vote will be needed to push us to victory.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #513 on: August 22, 2014, 08:27:17 PM »

Keep getting out the vote for your center-right candidates. Lumine, Deus and yours truly. The race is close and every vote will be needed to push us to victory.

Sorry... this is a joke surely?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #514 on: August 22, 2014, 08:48:09 PM »

It's not a joke. I hope to work with you in the senate someday Polnut. Just because we are on opposite sides doesn't mean I don't respect you. Your record in Atlasia is something I'd aspire to even if it is from a conservatarian view.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #515 on: August 22, 2014, 09:13:57 PM »

It's not a joke. I hope to work with you in the senate someday Polnut. Just because we are on opposite sides doesn't mean I don't respect you. Your record in Atlasia is something I'd aspire to even if it is from a conservatarian view.

That's very kind -what I'm perplexed about is referring to yourself as 'centre-right'...
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #516 on: August 22, 2014, 09:16:40 PM »

JCL, if you're a center-right, I'm a freakin Commie. Tongue
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #517 on: August 22, 2014, 09:22:36 PM »

JCL, if you're a center-right, I'm a freakin Commie. Tongue

Not based on your PM scores. You're more socon than I but slightly to my left economically.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #518 on: August 22, 2014, 10:29:19 PM »

Looks like the some of the other candidates are getting into a mud fight of dirty politicking. That's sad. Can we get this back to an issues focused election. And for the love of all that is good lets be civil and have fun. Otherwise this game will be no fun and eventually go the way of the pre-flood dinosaur.

You know it was an meteorite?

That's what the evolutionist would say. I as a creationist would say that the dinos went out with Flood.

Or any other kind of scientist.

BTW, did God literally stop the sun in the sky? Because that would have no effect on the length of the day.

Yes, God literally did. The account in The Book of Joshua has been scientifically proven to have happened. NASA proved that years ago. 

Oh, right, the National Anti-Science Association. I remember that study.

Can we quit with the "calling people of faith anti-science line" please. As a kid (after I had come to faith in Jesus) I had a serious interest in several scientific realms. Meteorology and Astronomy mainly. It's part of why I hold a somewhat left-libertarian position on environmental issues.

I'm not equating religion with opposition to science. I'm equating stating that the sun goes around the earth (which is what agreeing with the Biblical account is tantamount to) is unscientific.

Can we get a response to this?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #519 on: August 22, 2014, 10:35:52 PM »

Looks like the some of the other candidates are getting into a mud fight of dirty politicking. That's sad. Can we get this back to an issues focused election. And for the love of all that is good lets be civil and have fun. Otherwise this game will be no fun and eventually go the way of the pre-flood dinosaur.

That's what the evolutionist would say. I as a creationist would say that the dinos went out with Flood.

BTW, did God literally stop the sun in the sky? Because that would have no effect on the length of the day.

Yes, God literally did. The account in The Book of Joshua has been scientifically proven to have happened. NASA proved that years ago. 

Can we quit with the "calling people of faith anti-science line" please. As a kid (after I had come to faith in Jesus) I had a serious interest in several scientific realms. Meteorology and Astronomy mainly. It's part of why I hold a somewhat left-libertarian position on environmental issues.

I'm not equating religion with opposition to science. I'm equating stating that the sun goes around the earth (which is what agreeing with the Biblical account is tantamount to) is unscientific.

The Bible does not agree with the geocentric model.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #520 on: August 22, 2014, 10:40:13 PM »

So the Universe is wrong? I thought science was based on evidence?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #521 on: August 22, 2014, 10:56:17 PM »

The Bible does not agree with the geocentric model.

So this is what makes you "center" right? Accepting that the Earth revolves around the Sun?

That's not what makes me center-right.

So the Universe is wrong? I thought science was based on evidence?
[/quote

The evidence points to at least an intelligent designer if not outright creationism.

Look at these articles for further details:

http://www.gotquestions.org/geocentrism-Bible.html
http://muse.tau.ac.il/museum/galileo/interpretation.html

The incident in Joshua is Biblical proof for a heliocentric view.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #522 on: August 22, 2014, 10:58:18 PM »

There is no evidence for creation ... What's going on there is twisting evidence to suit a desired outcome, not accepting the implications of the evidence, come what may
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #523 on: August 22, 2014, 11:04:11 PM »

There is no evidence for creation ... What's going on there is twisting evidence to suit a desired outcome, not accepting the implications of the evidence, come what may

The flood is evidence for creation.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #524 on: August 22, 2014, 11:08:38 PM »

The flood is evidence for creation.

How?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies