The Office of JCL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:30:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of JCL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25
Author Topic: The Office of JCL  (Read 89696 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2012, 01:27:33 AM »

The fact you took the person who recruited me into the game did kinda hurt. Tmfth has sway and people do listen to him. When Inks and A-bob sided with you I knew I was in trouble. I was hoping my supporting them in previous elections wouldve helped me in this one. Sadly it didn't. 

Know this if roles were reversed I would've given you a high preference in the At-Large race that's coming up in a few months.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2012, 01:28:44 AM »

Know this if roles were reversed I would've given you a high preference in the At-Large race that's coming up in a few months.

I appreciate that Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2012, 02:37:05 AM »

I haven't decided my next move yet but like my candidacy for the senate, it will send shockwaves all over Atlasia. As you fight for your progressive beliefs I will fight for my libertarian conservative ones.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2012, 03:41:04 AM »

Thanks for having made this a real race, JCL. I look forward to seeing you serve our region in another role!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2012, 04:59:26 PM »

Thanks for having made this a real race, JCL. I look forward to seeing you serve our region in another role!

The Mideast and Atlasia has not heard the last of me.(though many on the left would like to see me gone)
I won't rest until conservative and regionalist intrests are as respected as the left is in this game.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2012, 06:02:32 AM »

In light of Tweed's lawsuit contesting the election, I have joined a Whig/Labor/Liberal brief against his claims. Any brand of communism and totalitarianism is not welcome in Atlasia. While we may disagree about the semantics of what freedom is about they are fighting to preserve the rule of law and thus I lend my support.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2012, 05:57:37 PM »

Like 20RP12 I also have some hesitation about the first amendment purposed. I know that lack of candidates in the Assembly race in May had a role in my defeat. I believe we placed the minimum cap in to promote activity and this time it has proven in the direction of more than
minimum so we will have five assemblymen after the July race provided the incumbants run for reelection.

A Lt. Governor position could have the same potential. But we have to factor in that we have a solid Mideastern bench regardless of party that could be making a big impact on the national scene. If the recruitment stays strong by both Whigs and the MCPR it may not be much of a problem.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2012, 02:53:12 PM »

Atlasian Evangelical Communion, Denver Colorado

I can understand the dissapointment of many in the room over the defeat of Senator Clarence. He is a good conservative friendly towards the evangelical community, in spite of a couple differences of opinion. Though we are a minority in Atlasian politics we must always use what voice we have in a way that is firm yet compassionate towards all Atlasians. We ask President-elect Napoleon to at least listen to our views and be open to possibilities of working with the faith community.

Yet we also see that a greater threat to religious liberty has arisen. In the form of Tweed. He has chosen to disput the election results obvious to us all conservative and liberal alike. We all know the history of countries that embrace a Marxist-Leninist idealology. It is a serious threat to liberty and the freedom of conscience. The National Council for the Restoration of Democracy is cross-partisan alliance to fight for the ideas of self governance that Marxist-Leninist-Tweedism would destroy. Is Tweed trying to turn us into an evil empire that Atlasians don't want to be? We must prepare for any outcome to occur.

May God Save Atlasia
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2012, 07:10:29 PM »

Today starts a new administration. May Napoleon and Kal govern fairly and be open to the conservatives of the game. Know that you will have a passionate and vocal opposition keeping you on your toes. Because we are Taxed Enough Already.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2012, 06:14:12 PM »

Marion County Whig Office, Indianapolis, IN

Thank you for having me just prior to the election. As many of us know the assembly elections are often really close and anything could change the dynamic of a close race. As we also know vision and activity do matter. If they aren't properly aligned defeat will be assured. I'm confident in my chances of returning to the assembly but it's not prudent to be complacent. The campaign is going to likely land decent preferences from both candidates for governor as well as many who stood with me in the senate campaign.

Remember folks vote for candidates who will make for an active and diverse assembly with a respect for life, lower taxes, regional sovreginity and traditional values. To the left and those who think its ok to slash and burn on defense spending and veto friendship treaties they had no busisness vetoing while our friends are being ruthlessly attacked by a tyrannical regime your time in power will not be long.

Thank you and may God be merciful to Atlasia
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2012, 06:28:35 PM »

Best of luck to you! You deserve to win this election. Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2012, 08:28:22 PM »

Best of luck to you! You deserve to win this election. Smiley

We just have to see how turnout and the various preferences go.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2012, 03:54:07 PM »

Cogratulations to those who got elected or re-elected to the Mideast assembly. Let's be an active one. Certian items I plan to put before the assembly include reintroducing the amendments proposed by tmthforu that were recently defeated. Work on a law cracking down on human trafficking, and passing a budget that leaves the region in the black.

Regarding the Penn State sanctions:

What Sandusky did to those kids is deplorable. What the school (minus Paterno) did in hiding it is equally deplorable. However the NCAA crossed a sacred line in denying Penn State it's due process rights before handing the sanctions down. Are the sanctions fair? Yes and no. Yes in denying post season play and fines around 60 million dollars. No in punishing someone who tried to confront the problem head on while the school board did absolutely nothing. Paterno's statue should be put back in its place and the wins vacated by the NCAA reinstated. He tried to do the right thing and no one listened to him.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2012, 07:06:22 PM »

To the Mideast:

Many are wondering why I chose to bring back the amendments proposed by citizen Tmth. I chose to bring them back because I felt that these specific issues needed to be brought to the people for a clear yes/no vote. My sponsorship in both does not nessasarily mean I support them. In fact I oppose the amendment bringing the assembly to a permanent number of 5. The current system has shown itself to work quite well and should stay. So keep that system in place.

As for the adding the position of Lt. Governor, I support this. But I would like to give a word of wisdom, tie it also to the number of candidates to the assembly. For instance if we have the current active level of assemblyman then adding a Lt. Governor would be a wise idea to help aid the governor in his duties.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2012, 01:54:52 PM »

Response to recent political events

While the Lt. Governor amendment was defeated via a tie I'm not dissapointed in trying to bring back the position. I personally believe as we become a more active region, we will need the position to aid our governor regardless who they are or what ideology is.

In a more international scope, The Russian president Vladimir Putin has three musicians imprisoned just because he couldn't take a little criticism of his corrupt policies. These kids also invoked religious speech when they asked the Virgin Mary for aid. Prayer is not hooliganism. They were not inciting lawlessness. I'm asking President Napoleon and our diplomats to step in and grant these brave young people asylum until reforms granting further and total free speech rights are enacted in Russia. To the Duma, please step in and pass amendments to your Constuition safeguarding political and religious speech from criminal sanction.

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2012, 02:22:10 PM »

Just for the record, voting on the amendments has not ended yet. The figures I published were merely "current results". It seems unlikely that the two regional amendments will be passed because they require the support of two thirds of the people who vote, but no official results have been published yet.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2012, 12:23:50 AM »

Purdue University, Lafyette IN

I submited the Mideast Anti-Human Trafficking Bill aka the Nefarious Act. I believe protections need to be in place to get justice for victims of being trafficked away from those they love for the purpose of sex slavery. The boys in Nyman are too busy looking to find ways to tax you more when real issues of justice should be dealt with.

As one who came from an abusive home I can relate to an extent the shame and torment with these poor souls caught in a web of lies for the sake of another's greed. Though the abuse I endured is not like what they had to endure because they had to go through worse than what I did. This is one of those issues that we as citizens of the Mideast and hopefully of Atlasia can come together on. When I was in Missouri over the Christmas holidays, I saw a documentary called Nefarious: Merchant of Souls. It showed the tolerance of some governments culture of tolerance of trafficking. It made me nearly sick to my stomach seeing many governments letting the traffickers get away with shredding the dignity of a woman or child for dishonest or immoral gain. As a compassionate people Atlasians must lead by example in the realm of human rights. The right to be personally, economically, spiritually and political free. Regardless of politics we need to come together to protect our most vulnerable and be a have of refuge and healing when many in our world see them as less than what God created them to be.

Recent announcements for the upcoming presidential election haven't escaped my attention. The liberal stranglehold on power has still lead to higher taxes, more spending and over gutting of a national duty of protecting our citizens. While many know my noninterventionist beliefs I also believe in strong preparedness. As a hero of mine once said "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance". A proper defense must be a strong one. Pingvin would best suit this vision. Whoever the Whigs nominate as their presidential candidate will likely garner my first preferance, IB member And Speaker of the IDS house JBrase has also shown a sensible and pragmatic style that this conservative is intregued by. He could make a good president as well and will likely have my second preferance depending on how things go.

Over the weekend we lost a legend in Neil Armstrong. A man who quietly served yet the achievement he made should inspire many generations to come. Our Atlasian pursuit of technological progress while maintaining common sense values of working hard and liberality of charity (via the family the faith and nonprofits in the local communities)Will take Atlasia to greater heights.

Thank you and may God Be merciful to Atlasia and the Mideast
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2012, 12:44:11 AM »

I assume this is an endorsement, eh?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2012, 08:55:41 AM »

Atlasian Evangelical Communion, Atlasian Tea Party, Whig Liberty Caucus,

The Marriage Revenge Initiative is a bill that a element of liberals is now trying to pass via citizen initiative. Besides the system of socialized medicine, this is the worst attempt at legislation I've seen in my time of Atlasian service. They seek to fully pervert the whole of our human experience by denying traditional man-woman  marriage it's most noble position. I though the gay community just wanted "equality". I don't think Harvy Milk would want our society go down this rabbit hole. Only the most radical of libertines would dare come out in support of this abomitible of actions. This bill is an enemy of freedom with the most sinister of intentions. I urge all of conscience and reason to oppose this.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2012, 10:22:23 AM »

They seek to fully pervert the whole of our human experience by denying traditional man-woman  marriage it's most noble position.

Come on bro.  "The whole of our human experience"?  You cannot be serious with that language.  If you go that route, you have to consider the many Kings who had plural wives two thousand years ago, such as Solomon with his 900 wives.  I don't support this initiative, but nor do I support your hyperbolic language.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2012, 10:34:12 AM »

The Marriage Revenge Initiative is a bill that a an element of liberals is now trying to pass via a citizen initiative. Besides the system of 'socialized' medicine, this is the worst attempt at legislation I've seen in my time of Atlasian service. They seek to fully pervert the whole of our human experience by denying traditional man-woman  marriage it's most noble position. I thought the gay community just wanted "equality". I don't think Harvey Milk would want our society go down this rabbit hole. Only the most radical of libertines (nice phrase. Good work!) would dare come out in support of this abomitible abominable of actions. This bill is an enemy of freedom with the most sinister of intentions. I urge all of conscience and reason to oppose this.

B-

Please refrain from hyperbole and fact check next time. Otherwise good effort!
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2012, 10:49:11 AM »

The Marriage Revenge Initiative is a bill that a element of liberals is now trying to pass via citizen initiative. Besides the system of socialized medicine, this is the worst attempt at legislation I've seen in my time of Atlasian service. They seek to fully pervert the whole of our human experience by denying traditional man-woman  marriage it's most noble position. I though the gay community just wanted "equality". I don't think Harvy Milk would want our society go down this rabbit hole. Only the most radical of libertines would dare come out in support of this abomitible of actions. This bill is an enemy of freedom with the most sinister of intentions. I urge all of conscience and reason to oppose this.

Thank you for standing up for marriage.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2012, 10:50:50 AM »

The Marriage Revenge Initiative is a bill that a an element of liberals is now trying to pass via a citizen initiative. Besides the system of 'socialized' medicine, this is the worst attempt at legislation I've seen in my time of Atlasian service. They seek to fully pervert the whole of our human experience by denying traditional man-woman  marriage it's most noble position. I thought the gay community just wanted "equality". I don't think Harvey Milk would want our society go down this rabbit hole. Only the most radical of libertines (nice phrase. Good work!) would dare come out in support of this abomitible abominable of actions. This bill is an enemy of freedom with the most sinister of intentions. I urge all of conscience and reason to oppose this.

B-

Missed a spot.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2012, 11:17:52 AM »

They seek to fully pervert the whole of our human experience by denying traditional man-woman  marriage it's most noble position.

Come on bro.  "The whole of our human experience"?  You cannot be serious with that language.  If you go that route, you have to consider the many Kings who had plural wives two thousand years ago, such as Solomon with his 900 wives.  I don't support this initiative, but nor do I support your hyperbolic language.

I oppose plural marriage too Ben. Sometimes I use that kind of language to make a point. The proposed idea is an inversion of our history. I may be against gay marriage but this totally goes against the current law.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2012, 11:19:01 AM »

B-

"via citizen initiative" is valid.  It's an adverbial phrase.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies