The Office of JCL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:33:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of JCL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25
Author Topic: The Office of JCL  (Read 89299 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2012, 03:08:00 PM »

I will be live on Michael Savage at the shows opening tonite.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 07:37:54 PM »

Case Arena, Frankfort, IN 

Thank you all for coming.

Since my recent defeat in the Assembly elections (crowd boos) I've been getting all sorts of tweets, Facebook messages and whatnot with regards to my next move in the cause of a smaller, more accountable government of, for and by the people. 

What do we as a republic do when we are multi-trillions of dollars in the red and our national security has potentially been impacted drastically by an Iran that has joined the nuclear club. While the people of Atlasia harbor no ill will to the people of Iran it's your government that seeks to destroy one of our most resolute of friends in the nation of Israel. So in the name of all that is good, remove the enemies of your own journey to liberty in a peaceful way that honors the rule of law. 

What do we do when many in the vested "old guard" of the  Atlasian body politik choose to neglect the duties of their station in places of power and not mentor the up and coming individuals? We give the regional assemblies more power to hold them accountable for their actions or inaction. I will encourage the assemblies to enact such reforms. 

In a multi party political system we often see one side always being forced to bend closer to the whims of the other, I don't believe that to be the proper course. We can all work for a better Atlasia. When the Republicans retook the House and Senate back in 1994, President Clinton realized he needed to appear to be above the ideological fracas of legislative matters. It's why we have welfare reform. 

As a conservative I will fight for my principals and I would expect the left an the center to do the same. But when it's all said and done we are all Atlasians regardless. 

We can come together to extend the hand of liberty to all who seek to call Atlasia home. 
That is why I am announcing candidacy for the Atlasian Senate from the Mideast. 

Thank you and may we seek a better way for all Atlasians
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 09:40:45 PM »

First off, good luck JCL Smiley

Second of all, do you feel I have neglected my duties in any way, especially regarding Iran and Israel?  Or that I have been excessively partisan, or have at all impaired the Senate?  And finally, have I hampered up and coming Atlasians?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 02:28:36 AM »

This will be the first competitive regional Senate election here since I have joined the game. That's great. Good luck to you!

I have a concrete question: The Senate is currently debating a budget proposal from the President. As Senator, what would you do to achieve a balanced budget?

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 10:28:56 PM »

Second of all, do you feel I have neglected my duties in any way, especially regarding Iran and Israel?  Or that I have been excessively partisan, or have at all impaired the Senate?  And finally, have I hampered up and coming Atlasians?

I actually think you are one of the few of the old guard here that have been trying to do a good job in their place in the game. Tmfth, A-Bob, NC Yankee and Badger are others whom I've admired for their service and would try to emulate. Though with my own twist.

With regards to Iran and Israel, I share the concern over Iran having nuclear weapons but I think we need more options on the table. Sanctions hurt the people much more than Amideimijad or the Mullahs. We know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the election was stolen. The reformers won and were robbed of their rightful place in power by a devious evil man.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2012, 10:37:56 PM »

I actually think you are one of the few of the old guard here that have been trying to do a good job in their place in the game. Tmfth, A-Bob, NC Yankee and Badger are others whom I've admired for their service and would try to emulate. Though with my own twist.

With regards to Iran and Israel, I share the concern over Iran having nuclear weapons but I think we need more options on the table. Sanctions hurt the people much more than Amideimijad or the Mullahs. We know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the election was stolen. The reformers won and were robbed of their rightful place in power by a devious evil man.

What other options specifically are you proposing?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2012, 11:08:31 PM »

First remove the sanctions. Then we send a national delegation to ask for national forgiveness concerning our actions regarding Iran in 1953. The best way to destroy an enemy is turn him
into a friend. That is the most ideal thing to do yet we all know we can't always do that. We should prepare for any contingency. If Iran does something stupid however we should be prepared and do so without imperiling the liberties of our citizens.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2012, 12:07:47 AM »

JCL Saturday Events:

Tea Party event in South Bend, IN 9am
Bound4Life Prayer Rally, Fort Wayne IN 11:30 am
Western Days Festival, Russiaville IN 1:30 pm singing in karaoke contest

Campaign takes Sunday off so team can be with family and attend religious services

Monday 6/4
Interview with Glenn Beck 9 am
More details in the works
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2012, 12:58:19 PM »

6/4 Campaign events

Stops all over Ohio at various Tea Party and Pro-Life rallies ending at Bethel Church(one of the Bethel in Redding California daughter churches) in Cleveland.

6/5 Campaign events (as of 2:00pm Indiana time)

Coast to Coast Am interview
Stops in Wheeling, Morgantown, Charlston, Harpers Ferry, Huntington West Virginia
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2012, 08:31:43 PM »

First remove the sanctions. Then we send a national delegation to ask for national forgiveness concerning our actions regarding Iran in 1953. The best way to destroy an enemy is turn him
into a friend.

The issue, though, is what does this do for us?  The government enjoys a high amount of internal legitimacy in Iran; our apologizing for 1953 will not substantially harm the incumbent regime.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2012, 08:54:36 PM »

It's a matter of conscience sake. Also the reformers were the rightful winners so Amideimijad is illegitimate. There was extremely high levels of voter fraud and it was not properly investigated.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2012, 09:33:19 PM »

It's a matter of conscience sake. Also the reformers were the rightful winners so Amideimijad is illegitimate. There was extremely high levels of voter fraud and it was not properly investigated.

First off, there is no evidence to suggest that Mousavi actually won the election (as opposed to merely performing better than reported).  Second of all, while the international community may now view the government as illegitimate, that is not the view of the Iranian people; now is not the time to seek radical regime change, based on Western notions of legitimacy.

Also, the President's name is Ahmadinejad; it is worthwhile to make sure the name is spelled correctly - misspellings like that tend to annoy the citizenry.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2012, 10:32:25 PM »

First off, there is no evidence to suggest that Mousavi actually won the election (as opposed to merely performing better than reported).  Second of all, while the international community may now view the government as illegitimate, that is not the view of the Iranian people; now is not the time to seek radical regime change, based on Western notions of legitimacy.

Also, the President's name is Ahmadinejad; it is worthwhile to make sure the name is spelled correctly - misspellings like that tend to annoy the citizenry.

To put it bluntly: misspelling their leader's name causes them to become angry. This particular angry nation has nuclear weapons. Let's not poke the bear.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2012, 09:15:58 AM »

It's not worthwhile to attempt to make amends for 1953 while simultaneously butchering the name of their President - we're not Marion Berry.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2012, 06:46:58 PM »

From the Office of JCL

I've been thinking long and hard with regards to my first preference for President. In this I look for a reliable conservative who will fight for the cause of a limited and transperant government. I've come to the conclusion that Senator Clarence would best suit this. We may disagree on a couple points here and there but if you want a smaller government with lower taxes and an advocate of balenced budgets then Clarence is your best bet.

In the IDS my support will be going to

HagridOfTheDeep

In his short time of activity he has shown that conservatives can show their fun sides.

HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2012, 08:43:35 PM »

Thank you again for the support!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2012, 09:15:48 PM »

6/13 campaign events.

Stops in Fredrick, MD, Virginia Beach VA,  Richmond VA, Hampton VA, Norfolk VA, Fredericksburg VA, Justice House of Prayer Washington DC, Willamsburg VA.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2012, 03:22:32 PM »

University of Kentucky

Many thanks to Governor ZuWo and his endorsement. He has been someone who has championed many of the causes that I plan on fighting for in the senate.

Some thought I would communicate some of my vision regarding education at the debate yet much of the time was addressing foreign policy issues. Needless to say my stance on the "Home and Private Schooling Tax Credit Act" introduced by Senator Clarence is that anything that puts the education dollars back in the hands of the parents of private and homeschoolers is something worth supporting. It's not out of an opposition to public schools that I would support this legislation. It's out of a support of competition in the education system that I endorse this legislation. I believe the regions are the best place to handle issues like this. At some point we need to address the future role of the federal government in the field of education.

Where I believe all governments can contribute further to the cause of liberty is over the issue of human trafficking. This is an agregious crime against many of our most vulnerable. One of the reasons I oppose all foreign aid is that many of those dollars are aiding traffickers in other countries. Even we are not immune to this part of the massive organized crime complex. Allowing these criminals aid given be taxpayer is no better than forcing people of faith, via tax dollars, to fund contraceptives. Isn't that something the couple themselves could handle much better than government. We also need immigration reform that strongly addresses this issue. From the Tea Parties and the Houses of Prayer to the national government in Nyman, please get this done for the sake of the protection of liberties we all hold so dear.

Thank you and may God and Dave Bless
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2012, 03:26:53 PM »

...did you really just compare public contraception coverage to human trafficking?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2012, 03:35:31 PM »

...did you really just compare public contraception coverage to human trafficking?

And did you suggest that "people of faith" should be opposed to public contraception coverage (implying that, if you support such coverage, you are not a person of faith)?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2012, 03:39:41 PM »

And did you suggest that "people of faith" should be opposed to public contraception coverage (implying that, if you support such coverage, you are not a person of faith)?

There are many people of faith that are ok with such coverage. Many more are not in favor of those mandates. I see this as an issue of individual conscience and that government shouldn't be involved in this.

In the recent healthcare law, which I opposed, it put contraception as something that should be covered via taxpayer dollars. In my opinion mandating people of faith to fund contraception or abortion via tax dollars is no worse than human trafficking.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2012, 03:50:02 PM »

There are many people of faith that are ok with such coverage. Many more are not in favor of those mandates. I see this as an issue of individual conscience and that government shouldn't be involved in this.

I can respect that.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2012, 03:15:52 AM »
« Edited: June 16, 2012, 04:04:25 AM by JCL beith smitten with a lass »

From the office of JCL

I will be making stops all over Michigan ,Indiana, Missouri, and Illinois leading up to the election. The cities and towns so far as follows: Chicago IL, Peoria IL, Detroit MI (At Ford Field), Lansing MI, Dixon IL, Forest IN, Indianapolis IN, Muncie IN, Anderson IN, Brazil IN, St. Louis MO, Kansas City (Grandview) MO, the University of Missouri, Springfield (the headquarters of the A/G)

We also send out a heartfelt congratulations to Mr. Calloway and the Western Panthers for their victory in the Indiana State High School Baseball 3A tournament. Mr. Calloway taught JCL a lot about the fundamentals of the game. Only 4 things in RL could make me happier than what I am for them right now.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2012, 09:39:22 AM »

Congrats to Western! I've met several from there, and they were all good people to me. Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2012, 12:35:16 PM »

Congrats to Western! I've met several from there, and they were all good people to me. Smiley

That's where I went. We're best known for our 12 time champion marching band (my family had a big role in that history)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies