The Office of JCL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:56:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of JCL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 25
Author Topic: The Office of JCL  (Read 89302 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: March 27, 2014, 09:52:23 PM »

Do we even have sanctions on Israel currently? I thought TNF introduced a bill that would do that because we didn't have them already.

Regardless, sanctions strike me as a really bad idea. Do we really expect Israeli citizens to vote for candidates that share our ideals when we're making economic life much harder in their country? If anything, sanctions would isolate and further the persecution complex of the Israeli government, which would make them even more likely to undertake aggressive actions against Palestinians.

There is a serious anti-Israel/pro-Palestinian lobby in the Atlasian left. Iirc they put sanctions regarding defense tech.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #426 on: March 27, 2014, 09:59:04 PM »

What policy implications do you infer from Ezekiel 23?

Why are you ignoring the tough questions?

Ezekiel 23? I thought the left was criticizing my view of the flat tax from Exodus 23. I firmly agree with the secular reasons brought up by libertarian and conservative  economists.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #427 on: March 27, 2014, 10:31:58 PM »

What policies do you think are neglected? Banning homosexuality and instituting a flat tax because Exodus said so?

Ending Atlasian sanctions against Israel and utilizing our vast energy supply to wean Europe off Russia and us off the Middle East.

I don't want to ban homosexuality. Just "gay marriage". On tax policy you need to look at what I've proposed a little bit further. My Detroit Plan is a flattened version of the Clinton era Tax rates.

Israel deserves to be sanctioned at least a little bit for their occupation of Palestine. And what energy would you use to gain energy independence? Oil and natural gas or wind and solar or both? And why would you ban gay civil unions (we abolished government recognition of marriage a while ago) for a non-religious reason (remember, we don't do things based on religion here)? And what programs would you cut to make up for the revenue decrease your tax plan would bring?

It's Israel's land. The Palestinians need to assimilate. Read the book The Israeli Solution for a better understanding on how it works.  My energy policy is all of the above with further emphasis on oil/natural gas. 

It's not programs that get cut it's one program. Fritzcare. The government is getting out of the healthcare business.

1. It's not Israel's land. They stole it in 1967.

2. Why the emphasis on non-renewable resources?

3. Would you leave the poor to die on the street?

1. No they won it in a just war. The Arab countries attacked them because the Arabs wanted to in the words of Fmr. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, "Drive them into the sea" and the Arab nations got soundly beaten. Call it spoils of war or divine mandate but Israel is the legal and rightful sovereign of that land. They are not an illegal occupier.

2. That's what our European friends need. If we're gonna not gonna use it shouldn't we sale it to those who would while we retain rights on the land.

3. The poor wouldn't be left to die. Private medical savings accounts would come into play in matters of healthcare.

1. Israel struck first in the Six Day War (assuming that is the war we're discussing). The spoils of war is a 19th-century idea for a 21st-century world based on fairness and equity, not conquest.

2. How do you know what they want? Are they shunning Atlasian wind and solar?

3. What if private insurance and MSAs aren't enough, as they have proven not to be in that weird alternate universe I visited once (you might like it, it's relatively right-wing).

And we are criticizing your Exodus 23 thing. We also want to know what policies you might support because of Ezekiel 23.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #428 on: March 27, 2014, 11:43:41 PM »

What policies do you think are neglected? Banning homosexuality and instituting a flat tax because Exodus said so?

Ending Atlasian sanctions against Israel and utilizing our vast energy supply to wean Europe off Russia and us off the Middle East.

I don't want to ban homosexuality. Just "gay marriage". On tax policy you need to look at what I've proposed a little bit further. My Detroit Plan is a flattened version of the Clinton era Tax rates.

Israel deserves to be sanctioned at least a little bit for their occupation of Palestine. And what energy would you use to gain energy independence? Oil and natural gas or wind and solar or both? And why would you ban gay civil unions (we abolished government recognition of marriage a while ago) for a non-religious reason (remember, we don't do things based on religion here)? And what programs would you cut to make up for the revenue decrease your tax plan would bring?

It's Israel's land. The Palestinians need to assimilate. Read the book The Israeli Solution for a better understanding on how it works.  My energy policy is all of the above with further emphasis on oil/natural gas. 

It's not programs that get cut it's one program. Fritzcare. The government is getting out of the healthcare business.

1. No they won it in a just war. The Arab countries attacked them because the Arabs wanted to in the words of Fmr. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, "Drive them into the sea" and the Arab nations got soundly beaten. Call it spoils of war or divine mandate but Israel is the legal and rightful sovereign of that land. They are not an illegal occupier.

2. That's what our European friends need. If we're gonna not gonna use it shouldn't we sale it to those who would while we retain rights on the land.

3. The poor wouldn't be left to die. Private medical savings accounts would come into play in matters of healthcare.

1. Israel struck first in the Six Day War (assuming that is the war we're discussing). The spoils of war is a 19th-century idea for a 21st-century world based on fairness and equity, not conquest.

3. What if private insurance and MSAs aren't enough, as they have proven not to be in that weird alternate universe I visited once (you might like it, it's relatively right-wing).

And we are criticizing your Exodus 23 thing. We also want to know what policies you might support because of Ezekiel 23.

1.  Israel believed they were under severe threat of attack. (Arabs were mounting on all sides)

2. I honestly don't know how Atlasian wind power could help Europe. Solar can because haven't we gave them many of our ideas regarding solar panel technology. I'm not shunning them

3. I didn't say my ideas are perfect but the current format is tantamount to socialized medicine and that simply is immoral.

Ezekiel 23, it's a parable useful for individual and national morality. However I have no policy ideas that are inspired from this passage of scripture.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #429 on: March 28, 2014, 01:22:59 PM »

Don't forget to get out and vote. I'm a write in candidate in the At-Large so if you are ok with some of my views I need your support.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #430 on: March 28, 2014, 02:31:37 PM »

It's Israel's land. The Palestinians need to assimilate. Read the book The Israeli Solution for a better understanding on how it works.  My energy policy is all of the above with further emphasis on oil/natural gas.  

1.  Israel believed they were under severe threat of attack. (Arabs were mounting on all sides)

2. I honestly don't know how Atlasian wind power could help Europe. Solar can because haven't we gave them many of our ideas regarding solar panel technology. I'm not shunning them

3. I didn't say my ideas are perfect but the current format is tantamount to socialized medicine and that simply is immoral.

Ezekiel 23, it's a parable useful for individual and national morality. However I have no policy ideas that are inspired from this passage of scripture.

1. That doesn't give them the right to conquer other nations' land. If Canada were making threatening moves towards Atlasia, I wouldn't support taking over British Columbia as a preemptive measure.

2. I'm not up on European-Atlasian solar ideas trade, but if we are giving them ideas, hen why don't we tell them how to wind?

3. Really? Not being able to start up a private insurance company (which I'm not even sure is part of the law) is worse than thousands of people dying for lack of medical care? And don't say that's a hypothetical, because there is proof that that would happen in a nation without universal health care.

Furthermore, are your emissions like that of a stallion?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #431 on: March 29, 2014, 09:13:51 PM »

Looks like the some of the other candidates are getting into a mud fight of dirty politicking. That's sad. Can we get this back to an issues focused election. And for the love of all that is good lets be civil and have fun. Otherwise this game will be no fun and eventually go the way of the pre-flood dinosaur.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #432 on: March 29, 2014, 09:23:31 PM »

Looks like the some of the other candidates are getting into a mud fight of dirty politicking. That's sad. Can we get this back to an issues focused election. And for the love of all that is good lets be civil and have fun. Otherwise this game will be no fun and eventually go the way of the pre-flood dinosaur.

You know it was an meteorite?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #433 on: March 29, 2014, 09:34:37 PM »

That's what the evolutionist would say. I as a creationist would say that the dinos went out with Flood.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #434 on: March 29, 2014, 09:36:11 PM »

That's what the evolutionist would say. I as a creationist would say that the dinos went out with Flood.

I... I... I can't
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #435 on: March 29, 2014, 09:37:11 PM »

Or any other kind of scientist.

BTW, did God literally stop the sun in the sky? Because that would have no effect on the length of the day.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #436 on: March 29, 2014, 09:43:30 PM »

BTW, did God literally stop the sun in the sky? Because that would have no effect on the length of the day.

Yes, God literally did. The account in The Book of Joshua has been scientifically proven to have happened. NASA proved that years ago. 
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #437 on: March 29, 2014, 09:46:42 PM »

Yes, God literally did. The account in The Book of Joshua has been scientifically proven to have happened. NASA proved that years ago. 

Oh, right, the National Anti-Science Association. I remember that study.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #438 on: March 29, 2014, 09:49:02 PM »

http://www.snopes.com/religion/lostday.asp

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #439 on: March 29, 2014, 09:56:13 PM »

Also, JCL, you do realize that the earth rotates, causing the day, no? God would have to stop the earth in order to stop the day.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #440 on: March 29, 2014, 10:05:31 PM »

Can we quit with the "calling people of faith anti-science line" please. As a kid (after I had come to faith in Jesus) I had a serious interest in several scientific realms. Meteorology and Astronomy mainly. It's part of why I hold a somewhat left-libertarian position on environmental issues.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #441 on: March 29, 2014, 10:09:21 PM »

Can we quit with the "calling people of faith anti-science line" please. As a kid (after I had come to faith in Jesus) I had a serious interest in several scientific realms. Meteorology and Astronomy mainly. It's part of why I hold a somewhat left-libertarian position on environmental issues.

I'm not equating religion with opposition to science. I'm equating stating that the sun goes around the earth (which is what agreeing with the Biblical account is tantamount to) is unscientific.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #442 on: March 30, 2014, 02:25:11 PM »

It's late in the game folks I still need the support of Atlasian rightists. Regardless of the outcome you know it's the right thing to do.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #443 on: March 31, 2014, 12:18:16 PM »

Congrats Deus on your Senate victory. Labor didn't steal this seat boys.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #444 on: March 31, 2014, 12:19:01 PM »

?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #445 on: March 31, 2014, 12:20:37 PM »

?

check the count.

OFFICIAL RESULTS

AT-LARGE SENATE (election to fill vacancy)

FIRST BALLOT

ALFRED F. JONES 39 (Bore, Cranberry, Jbrase, Sjoyce, YSY, Flo, Dr Cynic, Icehand Gino, Alfred, Talleyrand, Adam OABB, Adam Griffin, Sirnick, A. Belano, Badger, Ogre Mage, DemPGH, Zanas, Somebody, Njall, Sol, ilikeverin, Ebowed, Sir John Johns, Malaspina, rejectamenta, TDAS04, Bacon King, Bacon Bacon, Marokai, Antonio V, morgieb, Sibboleth, MaxQue, Peternerdman, badgate, TNF, hawkeye, Gass)

DEUS NATURAE 34 (Spiral, Maxwell, Goldwater, Deus, Sanchez, Small L, Napoleon, Peeperkorn, Cathcon, Cris, Sbane, Elections Guy, Torie, Jack Enderman, Rogue Beaver, cinyc, Rooney, Shua, PiT, dead0man, Dallas, Vosem, Mechaman, Hashemite, Nathan, ProgReal, Bgwah, Xahar, Windjammer, Rosettastoned, Tyrion, Velasco, Snowguy, Brewer)

SIMFAN 28 (Fritz, Simfan, Grumps, Hagrid, benconstine, Matt, Superique, Riley Keaton, Oakvale, Polnut, Scott, Winfield, Pingvin, Master Jedi, Inks, Oldiesfreak, Devin, Antineutrino, Simfan, Hifly, Duke, Keystone Phil, Miles, Cincinnatus, Grant, Averroes, Franzl, ZuWo)

JCL 10 (WI) (Lumine, tmthforu, Cassius, A. Kreitzer, DC al Fine, TJ in Cleve, Reaganfan, JCL, Dereich, NCYankee)

POIROT 3 (WI) (Homely, Poirot, Oak Hills)

HATMAN 1 (WI) (Hatman)

INVALID 2 (Snowstalker, Bmotley)

SECOND BALLOT

ALFRED F. JONES 41 (Bore, Cranberry, Jbrase, Sjoyce, YSY, Flo, Dr Cynic, Icehand Gino, Alfred, Talleyrand, Adam OABB, Adam Griffin, Sirnick, A. Belano, Badger, Ogre Mage, DemPGH, Zanas, Somebody, Njall, Sol, ilikeverin, Ebowed, Sir John Johns, Malaspina, rejectamenta, TDAS04, Bacon King, Bacon Bacon, Marokai, Antonio V, morgieb, Sibboleth, MaxQue, Peternerdman, badgate, TNF, hawkeye, Gass, Oak Hills, Hatman)

DEUS NATURAE 37 (Spiral, Maxwell, Goldwater, Deus, Sanchez, Small L, Napoleon, Peeperkorn, Cathcon, Cris, Sbane, Elections Guy, Torie, Jack Enderman, Rogue Beaver, cinyc, Rooney, Shua, PiT, dead0man, Dallas, Vosem, Mechaman, Hashemite, Nathan, ProgReal, Bgwah, Xahar, Windjammer, Rosettastoned, Tyrion, Velasco, Snowguy, Brewer, A. Kreitzer, JCL, Poirot)

SIMFAN 37 (Fritz, Simfan, Grumps, Hagrid, benconstine, Matt, Superique, Riley Keaton, Oakvale, Polnut, Scott, Winfield, Pingvin, Master Jedi, Inks, Oldiesfreak, Devin, Antineutrino, Simfan, Hifly, Duke, Keystone Phil, Miles, Cincinnatus, Grant, Averroes, Franzl, ZuWo, Lumine, tmthforu, Cassius, DC al Fine, TJ in Cleve, Reaganfan, Dereich, NCYankee, Homely)

THIRD BALLOT

ALFRED F. JONES 56 (Bore, Cranberry, Jbrase, Sjoyce, YSY, Flo, Dr Cynic, Icehand Gino, Alfred, Talleyrand, Adam OABB, Adam Griffin, Sirnick, A. Belano, Badger, Ogre Mage, DemPGH, Zanas, Somebody, Njall, Sol, ilikeverin, Ebowed, Sir John Johns, Malaspina, rejectamenta, TDAS04, Bacon King, Bacon Bacon, Marokai, Antonio V, morgieb, Sibboleth, MaxQue, Peternerdman, badgate, TNF, hawkeye, Gass, Oak Hills, Hatman, Fritz, Grumps, benconstine, Matt, Superique, Oakvale, Polnut, Scott, A Person, Hifly, Duke, Averroes, Franzl, Homely, Lumine)

DEUS NATURAE 55 (Spiral, Maxwell, Goldwater, Deus, Sanchez, Small L, Napoleon, Peeperkorn, Cathcon, Cris, Sbane, Elections Guy, Torie, Jack Enderman, Rogue Beaver, cinyc, Rooney, Shua, PiT, dead0man, Dallas, Vosem, Mechaman, Hashemite, Nathan, ProgReal, Bgwah, Xahar, Windjammer, Rosettastoned, Tyrion, Velasco, Snowguy, Brewer, A. Kreitzer, JCL, Poirot, Hagrid, Riley Keaton, Winfield, Pingvin, Master Jedi, Inks, Oldiesfreak, Antineutrino, Miles, Cincinnatus, Grant, ZuWo, tmthforu, Cassius, DC al Fine, TJ in Cleve, Dereich, NCYankee)

EXHAUSTED 4 (Reaganfan, Simfan, Keystone Phil, Devin)

ALFRED F. JONES is elected At-Large Senator.

There was a total turnout of 117 votes, with 2 ballot papers being rejected.

I, Homelycooking, Secretary of Federal Elections, declare the above results to be a complete and accurate summary of the votes cast.

Jbrase voted for Deus, not Alfred.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #446 on: March 31, 2014, 12:21:26 PM »

Yikes, this is confusing.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #447 on: March 31, 2014, 12:22:30 PM »

JBrase voted for Deus and that puts Deus into the senate.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #448 on: March 31, 2014, 09:47:55 PM »

JBrase voted for Deus and that puts Deus into the senate.

The official count has Jbrase voting for Deus and me winning. Next.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #449 on: March 31, 2014, 10:48:32 PM »

Its amazing how JCL is trying to mask the crazy delusions of his ideology by being crazy and delusional about everything else. I'm not sure it will work.

I think it's just stupidity, not some intentional plot.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies