The Office of JCL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:09:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of JCL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
Author Topic: The Office of JCL  (Read 89773 times)
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: April 01, 2014, 12:29:41 AM »

Looks like the some of the other candidates are getting into a mud fight of dirty politicking. That's sad. Can we get this back to an issues focused election. And for the love of all that is good lets be civil and have fun. Otherwise this game will be no fun and eventually go the way of the pre-flood dinosaur.

You know it was an meteorite?

That's what the evolutionist would say. I as a creationist would say that the dinos went out with Flood.

Or any other kind of scientist.

BTW, did God literally stop the sun in the sky? Because that would have no effect on the length of the day.

Yes, God literally did. The account in The Book of Joshua has been scientifically proven to have happened. NASA proved that years ago. 

Oh, right, the National Anti-Science Association. I remember that study.

Can we quit with the "calling people of faith anti-science line" please. As a kid (after I had come to faith in Jesus) I had a serious interest in several scientific realms. Meteorology and Astronomy mainly. It's part of why I hold a somewhat left-libertarian position on environmental issues.

I'm not equating religion with opposition to science. I'm equating stating that the sun goes around the earth (which is what agreeing with the Biblical account is tantamount to) is unscientific.

Can we get a response to this?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #451 on: June 06, 2014, 02:57:07 PM »

Just because I'm not running this time around doesn't mean I'm taking a total vacation from Atlasian politics. I urge the Federalists to field a presidential ticket.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #452 on: July 11, 2014, 10:28:02 AM »

Now that the musical shenanigans are done for now it's time for Atlasian ones.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #453 on: July 11, 2014, 02:38:56 PM »

JCL policy point:

The Demilitarization Act is a unmitigated hindrance towards the recruitment process into our fine and noble armed forces. The President for, whatever reason I do not know, wants to hinder some of our brightest and best young people into service of our noble country. I urge our senators to strongly oppose this proposal by the President.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #454 on: July 11, 2014, 04:30:11 PM »

You have a geologist friend?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #455 on: July 11, 2014, 04:57:36 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2014, 09:03:54 AM by JCL and the Geologist »

Who happens to be a girl. *waiting for the shock in the comfort of his home like when his Facebook went nuts last nite.

To further clarify I am dating this geologist in question. Yes folks JCL has a girlfriend.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #456 on: July 13, 2014, 01:06:18 PM »

How old does she think the earth is?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #457 on: July 13, 2014, 03:35:21 PM »

She's an old earth creationist.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #458 on: July 22, 2014, 03:55:06 PM »

Denver, CO

It's that time folks. My rl summer vacation is over and that means it's time to focus more on dealing with the matters of the Atlasian body politick.

Our condolences go to those who lost their lives, their families and close friends in the recent attack in the Ukraine. I strongly urge Russian President Putin and the Ukrainian government to come to the table and discuss a peace settlement. We have a potential breach of the treaty we all signed in 1994 and it must be addressed with all due haste.

This is a subject I don't usually talk about but I can not ignore it. That would be the subject of game reform. Many of us have been trying to find something that would enhance the game experience to all of us from the most seasoned politico to the everyday citizen. I am lending my support to Duke's proposal of bicameral reform. While we need strong regions, we also need a strong but limited national governmental structure. That's why I'm supporting the plan.

We have something good. Let's make it better

Thank you
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #459 on: July 28, 2014, 08:53:29 PM »

Houston TX

Thank you Texas for that fine welcome. That BBQ is something fierce. I'm down here not only as a candidate in two upcoming senatorial races but as an advocate for reform. The honorable former president Duke has a dream of a bicameral legislative system that if done right will improve activity and encourage competition for elective office.

Many still view some of the policies I advocate as out of the typical mainstream and are cautious if lending their support towards being a senator. Needless to say I do have some cross partisan credibility. I've worked cross party lines towards protecting our kids and lending our aid to victims of human trafficking.

With that said there are other issues I must take a stand on. The recent End Mcarthyism Once and For All Act of 2014 is well intentioned to respect civil liberties but shouldn't our government still retain the right to deport foreign nationals formenting terrorism or violance against Atlasian interests. That's why I'll support the act if Lumine's amendment passes. Otherwise I must oppose.

If elected, I'll be as active as RL considerations allow and fight alongside VP Windjammer for religious freedom regardless where I may elsewhere have to oppose.

Thanks and may God and Dave Save Atlasia and all who defend her
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #460 on: July 30, 2014, 12:30:53 AM »

I will have an announcement regarding this race around 12 noon Indiana time today.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #461 on: July 30, 2014, 07:12:58 AM »

Good luck JCL. We don't agree on a lot of things (except on religious freedom), but I know you would be an active senator.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #462 on: July 31, 2014, 02:06:19 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2014, 02:14:21 PM by JCL and the Geologist »

I reject Riley's appointment of Cassius to the Senate. I also hereby reject any and all offers of appointment to the Mideast Assembly.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #463 on: July 31, 2014, 02:31:00 PM »

I reject Riley's appointment of Cassius to the Senate. I also hereby reject any and all offers of appointment to the Mideast Assembly.
I promise i'm not trying to start anything, but you just went to court asking for the election of Franzl to be overturned, and you take his place as the elected member, are wanting to only serve if you are "democratically" elected? It certainly looks like you want to be in the Assembly. Sorry just puzzled as the position you are taking.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #464 on: July 31, 2014, 02:34:46 PM »

I promise i'm not trying to start anything, but you just went to court asking for the election of Franzl to be overturned, and you take his place as the elected member, are wanting to only serve if you are "democratically" elected? It certainly looks like you want to be in the Assembly. Sorry just puzzled as the position you are taking.

Inks will be in Franzi's place. I'm not seeking the assembly. I'm seeking the senate in light of DC's resignation and am running in the Special Election this weekend.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #465 on: July 31, 2014, 03:58:01 PM »

Inks will be in Franzi's place. I'm not seeking the assembly. I'm seeking the senate in light of DC's resignation and am running in the Special Election this weekend.
My mistake, I got the two of you mixed up.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #466 on: August 01, 2014, 10:48:02 AM »

It's election time. Help me correct Gov? Riley's mistake by electing me to the Senate.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #467 on: August 01, 2014, 01:19:03 PM »

It's election time. Help me correct Gov? Riley's mistake by electing me to the Senate.

Let's be very clear. You are in no way, shape, or form entitled to DC's seat. That's an absurd assumption and it's something I never offered or promised to you. That was never something you approached me about before I appointed Cassius and something you have no real claim on.

This notion that you're going to try to run against me in your senate campaign is inadvisable. I like you JCL, I honestly do. However, your sense of entitlement about becoming a member of the Senate is a bit absurd and taking out your unelectability on me gets you nowhere. Stop making this into a big deal when it doesn't have to be, and stop acting like you're entitled to a Senate seat.

I'm more than happy to appoint you to a vacancy in the Assembly should one arise. I suspect your rejection of any appointment maybe waver in the coming days.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #468 on: August 01, 2014, 01:33:44 PM »

This could've been handled better.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #469 on: August 01, 2014, 01:56:37 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2014, 02:25:43 AM by JCL and the Geologist »

You're right Hagrid.

Let's be very clear. You are in no way, shape, or form entitled to DC's seat. That's an absurd assumption and it's something I never offered or promised to you. That was never something you approached me about before I appointed Cassius and something you have no real claim on.

This notion that you're going to try to run against me in your senate campaign is inadvisable. I like you JCL, I honestly do. However, your sense of entitlement about becoming a member of the Senate is a bit absurd and taking out your unelectability on me gets you nowhere. Stop making this into a big deal when it doesn't have to be, and stop acting like you're entitled to a Senate seat.

I'm more than happy to appoint you to a vacancy in the Assembly should one arise. I suspect your rejection of any appointment maybe waver in the coming days.

I'm gonna be clear as well. This is not about being entitled. It's about what's best for the region. I feel like you may've miscalculated and it could hurt you legislatively. I did approach you before you appointed Cassius. I've got claim as having the second most votes in the past several Federalist regional primaries. Cassius has never ran for the senate. So simply put you've shot yourself in the foot and my rejection of appointment to the Assembly is final and absolute.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #470 on: August 01, 2014, 02:47:36 PM »

To be fair, DC had no experience (I believe) running for the Senate before he was appointed to this post, yet, in my opinion, he did a rather good job, and I hope to do the same.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #471 on: August 01, 2014, 02:57:17 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2014, 02:11:17 AM by JCL and the Geologist »

To be fair, DC had no experience (I believe) running for the Senate before he was appointed to this post, yet, in my opinion, he did a rather good job, and I hope to do the same.

DC was elected. He beat me, as had Spiral and TJ before him, in a primary to win the parties nomination. Then he won the general.  This isn't personal Cassius but Riley is not acting in the regional interest and he isn't realizing that. I do hope you make a great senator however you need to build your credentials in the assembly first.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #472 on: August 01, 2014, 11:32:49 PM »

We're almost to day two. I hope to see much more voting the next two days and I hope to have earned your vote. Federalists and D-R voting alliance will lead to a victory on the right. We need this in the cause of Liberty and smaller government. Some have unfortunately broken with that. We respect those who do so out of conscience but if at all possible we must stand together for victory.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #473 on: August 02, 2014, 03:02:04 AM »

DC was elected. He beat me, as had Spiral and TJ before him, in a primary to win the parties nomination. Then he won the general.  This isn't personal Cassius but Riley is not acting in the regional interest and he isn't realizing that. I do hope you make a great senator however you need to build your credentials in the assembly first.

Who are you to tell anyone what they need to do? Cassius was appointed to the Senate and clearly is a competent candidate. There's no reason to oppose him.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #474 on: August 02, 2014, 03:13:38 AM »

Who are you to tell anyone what they need to do? Cassius was appointed to the Senate and clearly is a competent candidate. There's no reason to oppose him.

I'm not opposing Cassius. I'm opposing the unconstitutional way Riley has gone about this and am trying to preserve the continuity of the assembly.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies