The Office of JCL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:42:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of JCL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25
Author Topic: The Office of JCL  (Read 89300 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: November 15, 2014, 03:10:19 PM »

This weekend we have a special election for the seat vacated by now President Lumine. Vote your conscience. As for myself I'm voting for Cris.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #576 on: December 02, 2014, 11:00:57 PM »

Dallas, Texas

The past few months have been eventful for our nation. Some civil unrest, the election of a new president, my region being represented by a Labor senator for the first time in quite a while.  Atlasia has changed some. As such we need stability and that is why I'm running for re-election.

I'm concerned however for your right to speak out on cultural issues. There is a bill being discussed in the senate right now that could very well take those rights away. The Civil Rights Act of 2014. If passed it would outlaw simple speech like pastors and religious leaders teaching publicly what their faiths teach regarding sensitive moral issues. Pro-life activists would not be allowed a voice because the law would allow late term abortions on demand and arrest and suppress the rights of pro-life Atlasians and Atlasians of faith like myself and many of you who speak out against such practices. This bill would outlaw speech in churches and houses of worship that calls certain lifestyle choices as contrary to their teachings. Meaning pastors and layleaders could be arrested for speaking on behalf of the traditional family. Atlasia was founded on the principle that all have a voice. This law would eliminate that. Even for those we disagree with. That's why I need to stay in the senate. To protect the voice of all Atlasians regardless of race, creed,  national origin, gender, religious belief, or sexual preference.
SNJ1985
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #577 on: December 02, 2014, 11:02:54 PM »

You have my endorsement for re-election in the next At-Large Senate election, and I fully support your effort to take down the so-called ''Civil Rights Act of 2014''.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #578 on: December 14, 2014, 02:24:43 PM »

My apologies everyone. RL got really busy and I had to address those issues. Now that a good chunk has been dealt with I urge those of you who haven't voted to get out and vote.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #579 on: December 14, 2014, 04:30:52 PM »

Your numbers are starting to look better JCL. Good luck!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #580 on: December 14, 2014, 04:42:36 PM »

Your numbers are starting to look better JCL. Good luck!

RL had me running like crazy the past few days. Wish we both could get in.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #581 on: December 15, 2014, 09:13:10 AM »

Thanks for your service, Senator.
I hope that you will run for an office soon.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #582 on: December 16, 2014, 12:39:15 AM »

I echo Cris's comments, I hope to see you back in office soon!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #583 on: December 25, 2014, 11:29:01 PM »

Hope you've all enjoyed the holidays with those you love most.

Though I'll be leaving the Senate, don't think I'll be gone long. I'm gonna take my yearly vacation to Kansas City with the gf and rest, relax and reflect. I have a few projects I could implement. A gauntlet or two has been thrown in my direction. Don't think I've ignored that challenge. Individuals have decided to challenge conservative Atlasians to step up their organizational game. Challenge is healthy and needed to make this game much better and more enjoyable. Announcements regarding these plans will come upon the New Year.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #584 on: January 09, 2015, 12:39:25 AM »

Now that I've returned from the yearly trip to KC, it's time to get back to business.

The Coolidge Society

I'd like to announce the formation of a new conservative/conservatarian think tank to discuss ways of expanding our influence in Atlasia. In honor of a notable conservative in Atlasian history I've named this organization after Calvin Coolidge. If you value fiscal restraint, value all human life (from conception to natural death) a loosening of regulations on all socioeconomic classes, and a more influential role in world affairs(while honoring our tradition of reluctance in using military force) come and join us.

Mideast Assembly

I'm glad to see my mentor, Tmth, in Atlasian politics return to the governor's mansion here in the Mideast region. As such I'm seeking to return to that fine body to aid this reform minded agenda while still keeping feet to the fire.

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #585 on: January 10, 2015, 09:26:23 PM »

I'm ready and open for questions from the Mideast citizens I seek to serve once again. I will also issue a statement regarding the recent terrorist attacks in Paris.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #586 on: January 10, 2015, 09:33:55 PM »

Will you be running for Senate in February?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #587 on: January 10, 2015, 09:36:42 PM »

Will you be running for Senate in February?

I have not made any decisions regarding that at this time.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #588 on: January 10, 2015, 11:40:36 PM »

What would your legislative priorities be if you are elected to the Assembly? In particular, how do you feel about the proposals to expand high-speed rail and subsidize charter schools?

Harry S Truman
Editor, Mideast Record-Courier
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #589 on: January 11, 2015, 12:41:57 AM »

What would your legislative priorities be if you are elected to the Assembly? In particular, how do you feel about the proposals to expand high-speed rail and subsidize charter schools?

Harry S Truman
Editor, Mideast Record-Courier

I was the sponsor of a high speed rail law in a previous term as an assemblyman. I've always supported the idea of a rail system that could be both high speed and with minimal environmental impact. When it comes to schools I've always had the view of an all of the above approach. Our public schools need healthy competition and I would have to look at the bill carefully before making any decision regarding any sort of subsidies.
SNJ1985
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #590 on: January 11, 2015, 02:17:23 PM »

I'm not from the Mideast, but you have my endorsement regardless.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #591 on: January 27, 2015, 10:53:41 PM »

Response to threats against Senator TNF and the Civil Rights Act

I quite frankly don't care if you're of the right or the left but a threat against the life of one public servant is one against all of us who serve the public trust. You are only hurting your own cause for or against. Let the legislative process and the peaceful assemblies for and against go as they organically will or the force of the law will be levied against you heavily.

While I was in the Senate I argued in opposition to much of the act as being a credible threat to religious liberty and the pro-life movement in Atlasia. My concerns were summarily disregarded by many of my former colleagues. If you think my opposition to free contraception was on religious grounds, you would be wrong. It was on fiscal reasons. Contraception is an individual decision of conscience between you, your spouse, and whatever faith tradition you subscribe to or none at all. Governmental intervention in such a personal matter is unwise use of the taxpayer dollars. I understand many think governmental intervention is a good thing in this intimate matter. My concern is that this could lead to more authoritarian measures in the long run may mirror other nations with draconian family planning laws.

Ending discrimination against the GLBT community is a rather tricky subject. While I'm personally against gay marriage on grounds of my faith, it's basically law in Atlasia. There is growing concern that the Civil Rights Act will force faith based schools to compromise their core beliefs for the sake of compliance with a law that they oppose because of those beliefs. Gender neutral bathrooms are a security risk towards our kids and women by reason of those who would mask themselves as cross-dressers and take advantage of a vulnerable situation. Take out sections 3 and 4 along with clauses 1 and 9 of Section 2 and I would urge my supporters to support the Act. Otherwise my opposition must stand.

May God and Dave save and keep Atlasia

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #592 on: February 12, 2015, 11:08:06 PM »

From the Federalist Convention

Fellow Federalists, Mr. President and Mr. Chairman

We as a party are at a crossroads. My colleagues have echoed some serious concerns as to the survival of not just the party but of a center-right, libertarian, and centrist bulwark against the dominance of the Atlasian left.

Wether you're part of the Mainstreet Partnership or the Coolidge Society we all have a shared view on the role of government in the every day lives of fellow Atlasians we rub shoulders with. Fiscal conservatism, Regional rights and an active place in the game for foreign policy. We may quibble on an issue or two but we need to stand together. If we don't, the radical agenda that TNF and his wing of Labor will continue to get cart blanche in government and that is a potentially dangerous if not outright dangerous to the liberties we hold dear.

I respect our D-R friends and their desire for a successful ticket. However not having a Federalist running for President or VP shows serious weakness and I can not accept that in good conscience. So I'm here to announce my candidacy for President of Atlasia. In a show of unity in the party I'd like the party itself to nominate my running mate.

I commend Bore and BK on their service to Atlasia. They are fine public servants and have earned the acclaim and respect they are rightfully due. Needless to say I disagree with many of their policy views and as such we should discuss our ideas publicly and with great civility.

May God and Dave save and bless Atlasia

As I've offically announced my candidacy for President I'm seeking a complimentary running mate. Anyone of center-right persuasion is welcome to apply. Just PM me and we'll talk and see if we could work well together.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #593 on: February 12, 2015, 11:11:39 PM »

As I've said before, you have my endorsement. Now let's get a VP!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #594 on: February 13, 2015, 01:00:01 PM »

Seattle WA

I know many of you are still shocked at my candidacy for President. I'm doing this to give the Federalist Party and message something it needs. A shot in the arm. We need more than a couple of our members as public officials regardless if of national or regional station.

We Federalists and those of the center-right are obvious underdogs in a race like this. The left likes to pigeonhole me as this hyper religious conservative nutcase. The pick I made for running mate will make you think twice when it comes to that. This individual is a proof that I take seriously the need for freedom and the rule of law and will have serious influence on policy matters if elected. This person is one of your fellow Pacificans Federalist Pacific Chair Devin.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #595 on: February 13, 2015, 01:01:43 PM »

Good luck man, though I'm not sure I like my characterization of not being center right.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #596 on: February 13, 2015, 01:10:12 PM »

Good luck man, though I'm not sure I like my characterization of not being center right.

Max, I consider you part of the center-right. Our economic views are similar. Shua and I are working together on important legislation in the Mideast.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #597 on: February 13, 2015, 01:25:01 PM »

Devin did not declare his candidacy before the deadline of midnight last night. I'm afraid that the law does not permit me to place your ticket on the ballot.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #598 on: February 13, 2015, 01:27:20 PM »

So it would have to be Poirot as your runningmate.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #599 on: February 13, 2015, 01:42:01 PM »

So it would have to be Poirot as your runningmate.

JCL must first assent to having Poirot as his running mate before he can be placed on the ballot. He could also replace his running mate until Monday night if Poirot chooses to drop out of the race.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies