The Office of JCL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:12:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of JCL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25]
Author Topic: The Office of JCL  (Read 89906 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: February 13, 2015, 05:39:04 PM »

I would like to hear more about your foreign policy agenda.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #601 on: February 13, 2015, 09:40:50 PM »

Endorsed, as usual!
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #602 on: February 23, 2015, 08:04:04 PM »

You ran a great campaign and, in my humble opinion, deserved better results. You're a true hero to the Federalist Party and hope you keep it up for the time to come Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #603 on: February 23, 2015, 08:10:17 PM »

You certainly deserved congratulations on running an energetic (despite a late entry) and civilized campaign.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #604 on: March 12, 2015, 02:34:43 PM »

My fellow Atlasians,

For next few minutes I'd like to discuss the issue of national security. This is not an easy subject to discuss in light of recent unrest both domestically and internationally. We must look at this from lens of both liberty the ensurence of domestic tranquility, the rule of law and how to reconcile all of these factors when discussing issues of security.

The role of government is to preserve and protect liberty. It's greatest role is the defense of the folks abiding by the law. First thing first is maintaining the rights of self-defense for our citizens. Thus protecting the right to keep and bear arms is priority one.
I made a mistake in supporting The Protect Us From Explosives Amendment. I will try to make right what I messed up on and propose it's repeal. I will also fight to codify protections for the possession of all non-military grade firearms and a reduction of of the waiting period to purchasing of a handgun. I would also encourage future gun owners to educate yourself of the use and maintaining of said firearms as I will avail myself in said education.  I applaud TNF for proposing The Domestic Security Act of 2014 which would proscribe chemical agents for law enforcement as well as military operators though I would be amenable to the allowance of tear gas for the police.

While we must protect the liberties of our citizens we must consider security reforms I'm unsure we have made the vital changes need to protect our infrastructure. This would include airports, city halls, bridges, roads, courthouses, and our power grid. What these changes look like must come from all sides in our body politick but the first thing must be the preservation of liberty. I plan to discuss security reforms in the Mideast region regarding our infrastructure in the coming weeks should I return to the Assembly.

This next part is gonna be the hardest. It's also one I've agonized about even in RL geopolitics. How should Atlasians and their leaders address The Islamic State (better known as ISIS). While I'm sympathetic with and would propose a declaration of war against them, they are not a recognized nation in the global community. It is absolutely clear and present to us all that they have committed atrocities against women, children,  Christians, Jews, Non-Islamic Arab religious minorities, and even Muslims because they are not Muslim enough. They burned a Jordanian pilot alive, cut the heads off of 21 Egyptian Coptic Christians, trafficked women and kids into slavery both labor and sexual. They even threaten our friends and family in Europe. I wish we could turn a blind eye to all of this but we can't. The best solution at this moment is aiding our allies in the region who can prosecute action against ISIS until the legal debate over wether or not a formal declaration of war or a letter of mark and reprisal can be used.

These are not extreme or radical ideas to protect liberty and promote domestic tranquility. I'm just an assemblyman from the state of Indiana who is concerned about ensuring liberty for us and future generations of Atlasians.

Thank you and May God and Dave Save Atlasia
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #605 on: March 16, 2015, 12:11:27 AM »

Congratulations on a hard-fought campaign. I think you proved a lot of naysayers wrong tonight with how much party unity you were able to maintain, and despite all of the criticism, I can think of multiple strong Laborite candidates who under-performed your result tonight in comparable races.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #606 on: March 16, 2015, 12:17:50 AM »

You're a true loyal to our party and a man of principle, and it seems now that fellow party members have also noticed. Congratulations, for this great campaign, JCL. All of us Federalist owe you so much Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #607 on: March 16, 2015, 12:20:41 AM »

I'm proud to have voted for you, JCL. Good show out there.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #608 on: March 16, 2015, 12:23:05 AM »

Congrats on putting forth such a strong effort man. Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #609 on: March 16, 2015, 12:30:27 AM »

I'm proud to have voted for you, JCL. Good show out there.

I'm gonna do it again soon.

Congratulations on a hard-fought campaign. I think you proved a lot of naysayers wrong tonight with how much party unity you were able to maintain, and despite all of the criticism, I can think of multiple strong Laborite candidates who under-performed your result tonight in comparable races.

You haven't heard the last of me Griff. Maybe we'll both be senators soon. In a center-right majority senate.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #610 on: March 16, 2015, 09:27:59 AM »

We don't agree on much of anything politically, but congrats on an impressive performance.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #611 on: March 16, 2015, 12:48:16 PM »

I think you performed well enough JCL. Good job man!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #612 on: March 19, 2015, 03:48:49 PM »

It's election time in the Mideast. We are at a crossroads indeed. Do we wish to continue the leftist lean of recent months or return to conservatarian prosperity. If you wish to return to conservatarian prosperity and freedom, support Shua and myself along with the conservative write in of your choice.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #613 on: March 19, 2015, 03:53:45 PM »

Endorsed for reelection! Smiley
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #614 on: March 19, 2015, 10:04:12 PM »

Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #615 on: March 22, 2015, 05:33:13 PM »

Good job on getting another term in the Assembly!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #616 on: March 22, 2015, 05:41:28 PM »

While we might not agree on every issue, you've always been cordial to me and I look forward to working with you over the next two months.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #617 on: March 22, 2015, 09:25:55 PM »

Congrats on still being our only elected Federalist Cheesy

Until PiT is declared victorious in about three more hours. Wink
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru