The Office of JCL (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:56:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of JCL (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Office of JCL  (Read 90107 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: May 31, 2012, 09:40:45 PM »

First off, good luck JCL Smiley

Second of all, do you feel I have neglected my duties in any way, especially regarding Iran and Israel?  Or that I have been excessively partisan, or have at all impaired the Senate?  And finally, have I hampered up and coming Atlasians?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 08:31:43 PM »

First remove the sanctions. Then we send a national delegation to ask for national forgiveness concerning our actions regarding Iran in 1953. The best way to destroy an enemy is turn him
into a friend.

The issue, though, is what does this do for us?  The government enjoys a high amount of internal legitimacy in Iran; our apologizing for 1953 will not substantially harm the incumbent regime.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 09:33:19 PM »

It's a matter of conscience sake. Also the reformers were the rightful winners so Amideimijad is illegitimate. There was extremely high levels of voter fraud and it was not properly investigated.

First off, there is no evidence to suggest that Mousavi actually won the election (as opposed to merely performing better than reported).  Second of all, while the international community may now view the government as illegitimate, that is not the view of the Iranian people; now is not the time to seek radical regime change, based on Western notions of legitimacy.

Also, the President's name is Ahmadinejad; it is worthwhile to make sure the name is spelled correctly - misspellings like that tend to annoy the citizenry.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 09:15:58 AM »

It's not worthwhile to attempt to make amends for 1953 while simultaneously butchering the name of their President - we're not Marion Berry.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 12:54:14 AM »

Good luck JCL Smiley
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 01:00:04 AM »

And the same to you. Regardless of the outcome lets work together on putting an Atlasian Glass-Steagall in place.

It already is, actually Smiley  Senator Scott had put in such an inquiry already.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 01:04:59 AM »

I'm not entirely convinced of that. I've seen mostly the same people in power on the national level and that has led to an alliance of comfort. When conservatives vote for a liberal when there is one much closer to them idealogically in a race out of mere friendship with the liberal it reeks of a good ol boy network in play.

I think that's a tad harsh, although you may not have meant it as such.  There is no conspiracy, I promise.  This was a close election, and crossover votes do happen - I should know, because I actively campaigned for these votes.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 01:28:44 AM »

Know this if roles were reversed I would've given you a high preference in the At-Large race that's coming up in a few months.

I appreciate that Smiley
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 10:22:23 AM »

They seek to fully pervert the whole of our human experience by denying traditional man-woman  marriage it's most noble position.

Come on bro.  "The whole of our human experience"?  You cannot be serious with that language.  If you go that route, you have to consider the many Kings who had plural wives two thousand years ago, such as Solomon with his 900 wives.  I don't support this initiative, but nor do I support your hyperbolic language.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 12:49:32 PM »

leaving one conservative ally hanging to aid a "Joe Lieberman" liberal to the senate.

Come again?  Huh?  Are you talking about me?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 03:44:20 PM »

From the office of JCL

I've been given further information that makes me reconsider a previous and now deleted post. Thus I will be retracting my endorsement. I am truly sorry.

I'd also like an elaboration on the part about me, if you please.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 08:57:16 PM »

Ben: I've made the "Joe Lieberman" statement about in the past. I wasn't trying to take a dig at you. It's what I respect about you despite policy differences.

So I'm being compared to Joe Lieberman because our policies are similar?  Um, okay.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 10:36:50 PM »

Nope, not happening.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 05:59:50 PM »

Opinion on my poker bill?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 06:01:35 PM »

Well, you never weighed in on my suggestion of just abolishing public bathrooms.

Why would I?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 07:23:34 PM »

Good luck JCL Smiley
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 12:27:01 AM »

Splitting that vote will hand the seat to hands that are not friendly to our intrests.

Now I'd disagree with that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies