The Office of JCL (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:38:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of JCL (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Office of JCL  (Read 90054 times)
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 11, 2013, 04:31:58 AM »

Hey JCL, why are you against gay people adopting kids?
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 10:14:38 PM »

I've been waiting three months for a response, Assemblyman.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 11:41:51 PM »

Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 12:07:47 AM »

The same reason I oppose gay marriage.

Why do you oppose both of those?
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 10:16:36 PM »

Medical science? Like, say, the AMA or APA? Both back gay adoption.

Do they also support Obamacare?

Don't avoid the question with irrelevant counter-questions about a nonexistent program.

JCL, you do realize medical science does not support you on this?
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 08:46:25 PM »

I'd still love to know your medical science sources.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 05:04:41 PM »

Don't avoid the question with irrelevant counter-questions about a nonexistent program.

It's relevant because Obamacare exists. So answer my question.

You are aware the AMA sometimes gets it wrong. I will get you a source. Are not Physiologists licensed medical professionals as well?

First of all, I would like to get a factual report from you about this. Secondly why do you really see gay people as not fit to raise children? I know gay people have every right to adopt a child because they are good parents. Think about this, JCL: If you are gay and you want a kid, you need to go through a long process of security checks, home visits, and they have to go through all these processes to adopt someone. Now, if they don't want kids, they can't because well gay sex is not able to produce children. Now, JCL, I think you don't realize how being gay truly works. What actual science has pointed out is that being gay is not a choice, but even if it is, why are you so opposed to gay people adopting?

Why do you feel as if a gay person isn't enough of a human being to raise a child?

Don't give me this faith and science bull because first of all, science does not support your claims, it will never support your claims, your claims have no base. And I'm a pretty religious person, I believe in God, Jesus, Mary, etc. and I know being gay is not a choice, I know that gay people are people, who if they want a kid, they should be able to raise one, I know that.

Your claims that gay people are unfit to raise a child is unbelievable, homophobic, and if one of your children is gay, I will pray for them, because you obviously are against human rights.

There is no freedom until we're equal. All of us. Gay, straight, white, black, Christian, Muslim.

And that you are against equality, against other people for who they love, against others who want to raise a child that a straight couple couldn't take care of, or that child of a mother or father who had died, it sickens me to my core.

I hope you have a wonderful day, JCL.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 11:24:09 PM »

It's relevant because Obamacare exists. So answer my question.

You are aware the AMA sometimes gets it wrong. I will get you a source. Are not Physiologists licensed medical professionals as well?

First of all, I would like to get a factual report from you about this. Secondly why do you really see gay people as not fit to raise children? I know gay people have every right to adopt a child because they are good parents. Think about this, JCL: If you are gay and you want a kid, you need to go through a long process of security checks, home visits, and they have to go through all these processes to adopt someone. Now, if they don't want kids, they can't because well gay sex is not able to produce children. Now, JCL, I think you don't realize how being gay truly works. What actual science has pointed out is that being gay is not a choice, but even if it is, why are you so opposed to gay people adopting?

Why do you feel as if a gay person isn't enough of a human being to raise a child?

Don't give me this faith and science bull because first of all, science does not support your claims, it will never support your claims, your claims have no base. And I'm a pretty religious person, I believe in God, Jesus, Mary, etc. and I know being gay is not a choice, I know that gay people are people, who if they want a kid, they should be able to raise one, I know that.

Your claims that gay people are unfit to raise a child is unbelievable, homophobic, and if one of your children is gay, I will pray for them, because you obviously are against human rights.

There is no freedom until we're equal. All of us. Gay, straight, white, black, Christian, Muslim.

And that you are against equality, against other people for who they love, against others who want to raise a child that a straight couple couldn't take care of, or that child of a mother or father who had died, it sickens me to my core.

I hope you have a wonderful day, JCL.

I want you to Google Dr. James Dobson on gay adoption go to page two and click on the scienceblog.com web page. It mentions noted Sociologist David Popenoe of Rutgers University and his research on the subject of gay adoption.  It basically shows why a child does best in a home with a mom and a dad.

He was distorting reports JCL. He was hijacking them for a political agenda.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 11:35:25 PM »

JCL, do you oppose adoptions by single parents?

I was raised by a single parent. My mother from 3-11 and my dad after that. While I think any situation besides the two parent married heterosexual couple is less than ideal,  if the circumstances were right a single could. There's this young lady who became a missionary in Africa. I believe she adopted some 14 or so African kids. The story is talked about in the book Kisses from Katie. .
So you have no problems with single parents, but gay parents are unacceptable because a child does better with a mother and a father?
He doesn't want to acknowledge the fact that this sociologist is distorting reports and lying. I mean, who cares about facts right? As long as it makes your cause seem worthy, facts don't truly matter.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 12:01:22 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2013, 12:58:17 AM by Flo »

I was raised by a single parent. My mother from 3-11 and my dad after that. While I think any situation besides the two parent married heterosexual couple is less than ideal,  if the circumstances were right a single could. There's this young lady who became a missionary in Africa. I believe she adopted some 14 or so African kids. The story is talked about in the book Kisses from Katie. .
So you have no problems with single parents, but gay parents are unacceptable because a child does better with a mother and a father?

If your union can't produce new life, you don't get to adopt. I gave you one instance where a single could do it. The circumstances of my life from 3-adulthood of how I was raised wouldn't be close to the ideal situation but it is miles ahead of a gay couple could ever offer.

In the original, non distorted research by Judith Stacey, not the distorted article by your prized sociologist, it explained why two parents, no matter their sexual preference, is usually better than one parent. The original author of these documents stated that

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 01:02:43 AM »

If your union can't produce new life, you don't get to adopt. I gave you one instance where a single could do it. The circumstances of my life from 3-adulthood of how I was raised wouldn't be close to the ideal situation but it is miles ahead of a gay couple could ever offer.
1. If this is your belief, then women who can't have children shouldn't be allowed to adopt.
2. Back it up with more than disproven research.
So women and men who do not have the ability to have a child together can't adopt either?

Oh and I think that a gay couple would show much more appreciation for their children and wouldn't discriminate them because of their sexual preferences.

Another thing: gay people still have to go through months of checks for the child, caring for the child, adoption procedures, they would be as good or even better than straight parents who had a child through sex.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 01:34:04 AM »

1. If this is your belief, then women who can't have children shouldn't be allowed to adopt.
2. Back it up with more than disproven research.
So women and men who do not have the ability to have a child together can't adopt either?

Oh and I think that a gay couple would show much more appreciation for their children and wouldn't discriminate them because of their sexual preferences.

Another thing: gay people still have to go through months of checks for the child, caring for the child, adoption procedures, they would be as good or even better than straight parents who had a child through sex.

Heterosexual unions have the potential to create new life. Sometimes couples in those unions for whatever reason aren't able to have biological children of their own. Allowing homosexual adoption is complete and total discrimination against those heterosexual married couples. Why do you think I fight against abortion so heavily besides that of my faith based convictions? If I were married I will tell you this..... Her and I would heavily consider adoption in addition to having children of our own. I have always been an advocate for adoption and will always be. How can a gay couple be better than a traditional one in the rearing of children? I can understand what the kid in a situation like this is going through because I know what a custody fight is like. Don't you think I considered other options on who to live with other than my biological parents? I had a couple certain options because of other families that I had close contact with. Needless to say I chose my dad. Not just because I could have a chance at a better situation and could actually have considerably more freedom as a kid, but ultimately my brother and I thought it best that we stuck together.

Yay you answered!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes, exactly. The fact that gay people can raise a child is COMPLETE discrimination against straight people. Yes. 100% correct.

No, what's really going on is that gay people are raising children that straight people couldn't care for and these children finally have a home to live in. A family.

And the funny thing? You argue that same sex couples will damage the lives of children they raise, but not one couple conceived a child by accident. Every single gay and lesbian couple who decided to have a child must plan for it, in great detail, whether it is a gay couple who needs to find a surrogate mother, or a lesbian couple who needs to find a sperm donor, or either going through the very difficult process of adoption. Now it's great that you would consider adoption, but every single child brought into the home of a gay or lesbian couple is wanted. And you should know that.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2013, 11:23:08 AM »

Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2014, 09:23:31 PM »

Looks like the some of the other candidates are getting into a mud fight of dirty politicking. That's sad. Can we get this back to an issues focused election. And for the love of all that is good lets be civil and have fun. Otherwise this game will be no fun and eventually go the way of the pre-flood dinosaur.

You know it was an meteorite?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 11:39:37 AM »

Happy early birthday
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 09:33:55 PM »

Will you be running for Senate in February?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies