The Office of JCL (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:50:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of JCL (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Office of JCL  (Read 90095 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: May 17, 2012, 07:45:36 PM »
« edited: May 17, 2012, 08:19:24 PM by Secretary of External Affairs SJoyceFla »

Dwight York (aka Malachi Z. York, Issa Al Haadi Al Mahdi, et alii).
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 06:13:02 AM »

Since the time of Zoroaster (around 1000 BC) the people of Iran have called their nation "Aryānām" (Iran in the proto-Iranian language), eventually shifting to Iran during the Sassanid dynasty (226 AD). On March 21, 1935, Reza Shah Pahlavi issued a decree asking foreign nations to use the term "Iran" in formal writings. The current norm is that "Iran" is to be used in political writings, and "Persia" in historical-cultural areas. So in sum, they call themselves Iran and get significantly annoyed when someone calls them the "Islamic Republic of Persia". Just an FYI from your SoEA.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 10:37:56 PM »

First off, good luck JCL Smiley

Second of all, do you feel I have neglected my duties in any way, especially regarding Iran and Israel?  Or that I have been excessively partisan, or have at all impaired the Senate?  And finally, have I hampered up and coming Atlasians?

I actually think you are one of the few of the old guard here that have been trying to do a good job in their place in the game. Tmfth, A-Bob, NC Yankee and Badger are others whom I've admired for their service and would try to emulate. Though with my own twist.

With regards to Iran and Israel, I share the concern over Iran having nuclear weapons but I think we need more options on the table. Sanctions hurt the people much more than Amideimijad or the Mullahs. We know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the election was stolen. The reformers won and were robbed of their rightful place in power by a devious evil man.

What other options specifically are you proposing?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 10:32:25 PM »

It's a matter of conscience sake. Also the reformers were the rightful winners so Amideimijad is illegitimate. There was extremely high levels of voter fraud and it was not properly investigated.

First off, there is no evidence to suggest that Mousavi actually won the election (as opposed to merely performing better than reported).  Second of all, while the international community may now view the government as illegitimate, that is not the view of the Iranian people; now is not the time to seek radical regime change, based on Western notions of legitimacy.

Also, the President's name is Ahmadinejad; it is worthwhile to make sure the name is spelled correctly - misspellings like that tend to annoy the citizenry.

To put it bluntly: misspelling their leader's name causes them to become angry. This particular angry nation has nuclear weapons. Let's not poke the bear.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 03:35:31 PM »

...did you really just compare public contraception coverage to human trafficking?

And did you suggest that "people of faith" should be opposed to public contraception coverage (implying that, if you support such coverage, you are not a person of faith)?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 03:50:02 PM »

...did you really just compare public contraception coverage to human trafficking?

And did you suggest that "people of faith" should be opposed to public contraception coverage (implying that, if you support such coverage, you are not a person of faith)?

There are many people of faith that are ok with such coverage. Many more are not in favor of those mandates. I see this as an issue of individual conscience and that government shouldn't be involved in this.

I can respect that.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 06:52:24 PM »

Welcome to day 3 of voting. I'll be voting soon. Don't let the good ol boy network intimidate you to change your vote last minute.
Whut? Wink

Well, I am good, I'm male, and I'm old on this game. So do I qualify? Cheesy

In a way yes. You've been part of the Atlasian political establishment for some time. I'm just some new kid trying to break the glass ceiling that said establishment has placed on the fast rising group of Atlasian conservatives.

Trust me this game does not have a glass ceiling for newbies, those who are newbies are just as likely to get elected as anyone else and there is surely no establishment conspiracy to hold down the new people.

^This is entirely true. I myself became an IDS Legislator almost the day I joined; I'm not even eligible to be President now and I'm SoEA. Not really a glass ceiling.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 10:50:50 AM »

Atlasian Evangelical Communion, Atlasian Tea Party, Whig Liberty Caucus,

The Marriage Revenge Initiative is a bill that a an element of liberals is now trying to pass via a citizen initiative. Besides the system of 'socialized' medicine, this is the worst attempt at legislation I've seen in my time of Atlasian service. They seek to fully pervert the whole of our human experience by denying traditional man-woman  marriage it's most noble position. I thought the gay community just wanted "equality". I don't think Harvey Milk would want our society go down this rabbit hole. Only the most radical of libertines (nice phrase. Good work!) would dare come out in support of this abomitible abominable of actions. This bill is an enemy of freedom with the most sinister of intentions. I urge all of conscience and reason to oppose this.

B-

Please refrain from hyperbole and fact check next time. Otherwise good effort!

Missed a spot.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 03:30:14 PM »

JCL: would you be interested in working to develop a comprehensive infrastructure plan focusing on these five points (below) so that we can further interregional cooperation on infrastructure?

1. Energy
2. Rail/High-speed rail/high-speed bus
3. Protected areas and expansion of our national park system
4. Broader transportation development (air and road development, as well as our current infrastructure maintenance and revenue measures such as infrastructure banks)
5. Water supply
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 01:14:13 PM »

JCL: would you be interested in working to develop a comprehensive infrastructure plan focusing on these five points (below) so that we can further interregional cooperation on infrastructure?

1. Energy
4. Broader transportation development (air and road development, as well as our current infrastructure maintenance and revenue measures such as infrastructure banks)
5. Water supply

I could support some of the ideas as long as they respect the property rights of land owners.
What is your idea on a high speed bus? Like a faster version of Greyhound?

It might be feasible to change the brown-colored lines to high-speed bus; it is still very much on the table.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 04:00:10 PM »

1. Energy
5. Water supply

I could support some of the ideas as long as they respect the property rights of land owners.
What is your idea on a high speed bus? Like a faster version of Greyhound?

It might be feasible to change the brown-colored lines to high-speed bus; it is still very much on the table.

How extensive would those changes be?

I've got a map in my office: for a Florida example it'd be having high-speed bus to Bradenton/Sarasota from Tampa instead of a conventional rail line.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 05:33:54 PM »

I see a fundamental flaw in Atlasian foreign policy. The folks in power want to aid the enemies of one our most important allies

Please, do tell, what enemies are we aiding?

Unjustly?

That friend while not perfect is the only liberal democratic(with a parliament) country in its entire region.

None are authoritarian regimes and some are democracies. Only democracy? Not hardly.

For those who think that I hate the sons of Ishmael you couldn't be further from the truth. I have Arab friends.

"I don't hate blacks. I have black friends. But..."

For those who say Israel is practicing apartheid I have news for you. Look at Israel's neighbors and their treatment of religious minorities and women before you judge Israel's property laws.

Is it okay to murder someone if a couple of your neighbors do so as well?

I ask our Jordanian friends to take in their Palestinian brothers for the sake of regional peace and goodwill.

As in annexation of the West Bank? On the table, but the Jordanians have expressed reluctance to the idea in the past.

If in the senate I will work to undo the Pro-Muslim bent of this government.

Good luck.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 07:03:10 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2013, 07:50:34 PM by SJoyce »

None of the countries afford full religious freedom towards non-Muslims.

Egyptian Muslims protecting a Christian church. Lebanon is also a state of great religious tolerance (in light of its demographics in particular), Turkey is extremely secular, and Morocco and Tunisia are also generally free.

The West Bank belongs to Israel. What I'm saying is let the Jews have their rightful land.

The Administration rejects this position and views the West Bank in its pre-1967 entirety as the basis of negotiations for an independent and sovereign state of Palestine.

Turkey is fast turning away from the West and towards a more fundamentalist strand of Islam. Is the government acting like Obama and aiding the Arab Spring revolutionaries?

A major controversy in Turkey is over whether or not headscarves should be banned. Fundamentalist strand? Not hardly.

I don't know what you mean by specifically "aiding the Arab Spring revolutionaries". The fall of Mubarak/Qaddafi/Ben Ali were positive events and I hope that al-Assad joins their number soon, but we are not providing assistance to the FSA or the other assortment of less-than-friendly groups in the country (al-Nusra Front, ISIL).
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 01:50:54 PM »

The administration is wrong on its view of the West Bank. The 1967 War happened. Israel won and thus got the West Bank as part of the treaty ending the war. Atlasia must recgonize those results. Israel is the rightful and duly recognized national sovereign over the West Bank.

This is false. The West Bank, Golan Heights, and Gaza Strip are under Israeli military occupation. They were seized during warfare and are not legally part of the State of Israel. No treaty was signed following the war that legally recognized the occupied territories as part of the State of Israel. Israel is neither the rightful sovereign (that'd be the State of Palestine) nor the duly recognized (see UN recognition of the State of Palestine) sovereign (it's an occupying power) of the West Bank.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 05:01:37 PM »

Israel won them in just warfare thus they are legally part of Israel.

Right of conquest has been discredited since the Second World War.

Israel is the rightful sovereign of that land by the decree of Divine Providence.

That won't hold up in any court.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 04:36:50 PM »

Medical science? Like, say, the AMA or APA? Both back gay adoption.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 05:02:29 PM »

Do they also support Obamacare?

Don't avoid the question with irrelevant counter-questions about a nonexistent program.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2013, 02:34:26 PM »

Do they also support Obamacare?

Don't avoid the question with irrelevant counter-questions about a nonexistent program.

It's relevant because Obamacare exists. So answer my question.

No it doesn't. Fritzcare does.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 08:44:45 PM »

Not at all.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2014, 09:49:02 PM »

Looks like the some of the other candidates are getting into a mud fight of dirty politicking. That's sad. Can we get this back to an issues focused election. And for the love of all that is good lets be civil and have fun. Otherwise this game will be no fun and eventually go the way of the pre-flood dinosaur.

You know it was an meteorite?

That's what the evolutionist would say. I as a creationist would say that the dinos went out with Flood.

Or any other kind of scientist.

BTW, did God literally stop the sun in the sky? Because that would have no effect on the length of the day.

Yes, God literally did. The account in The Book of Joshua has been scientifically proven to have happened. NASA proved that years ago. 

http://www.snopes.com/religion/lostday.asp

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies