Should Andrew Jackson be celebrated on U.S. currency? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:11:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should Andrew Jackson be celebrated on U.S. currency? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Considering the trail of tears and his alleged war crimes should he be on the $20 bill?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Should Andrew Jackson be celebrated on U.S. currency?  (Read 8613 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: February 21, 2012, 07:17:33 AM »
« edited: February 21, 2012, 10:18:32 AM by MechaRepublican »

Perhaps he should not be.  Perhaps Abraham Lincoln, far more genocidal in his policies towards the Native Americans than Andrew Jackson, should also not be.

Not to mention his policies towards immigrants that would've made the Know Nothing movement look like bleedingheart liberals.

Oh wait, it isn't oppression if it happens to white Catholics!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 12:43:37 PM »

Yes it's history and the social norms were different in his era. As humans it is important to improve on the progression of society but also important to recognize that our founders and forefathers lived in different times. Culture is a huge part of how one's political and ideological development evolves. He was extremely aggressive but served our country well.

People in his time and culture realized what he did to the Native Americans was wrong, and he basically gave them the finger.

Wah wah wah.
People of FDR's time and culture realized what he did to the Japanese Americans was wrong, and he basically gave them the finger.
Yet he's on the dime.

I seriously suggest that you find something else besides some randomass guys on currency to stress over.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 06:57:46 PM »

George Washington owned slaves should he be on the $1 bill then?

what is your opinion on this matter?

Sounds like a "who the f*** cares?" kind of post.

This is like when atheists bitch about "In God We Trust" being on the dollar bill.  I frankly could care less what the money was in trust to, just as long as it gets me my damn Kellans.

But hey that's just me.

People who worry about what's on dollar bills need to see a psychiatrist.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 07:39:26 PM »

Let's review:

George Washington ($1 guy): Owned slaves, Killed Indians.
Thomas Jefferson ($2 guy): Invented Manifest Destiny, Had slaves, Killed Indians.
Abraham Lincoln ($5 guy): Drafted doods, Martial Law, Killed Indians.
Alexander Hamilton ($10 guy): Was an elitist dick, was a bad shot, probably did kill (a few) Indians.
Andrew Jackson ($20 guy): Was a f***ing psycho, Killed Indians.
Ulysses Grant ($50 guy): Was cool with scorched earth war policies, corruption amok, Killed Indians.
Benjamin Franklin ($100 guy): Wore bitchin shades, was good with the ladies, invented everything and it's grandmother, not likely to have killed Indians.

If anything Benjamin Franklin needs to be taken off..............
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies