Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 09:30:14 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  I've been infracted for calling Torie a genius. For reals.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: I've been infracted for calling Torie a genius. For reals.  (Read 7841 times)
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #150 on: March 04, 2012, 01:50:11 pm »
Ignore

Out of curiosity, how many infraction points does opebo have?  He trolls harder than anyone I have ever seen on a message board.

Oh he cruises along at about 40  points I think. He is careful to keep it below 50. Opebo is not just another pretty face. Smiley

he recently stated he was at 25.
Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: March 04, 2012, 02:08:03 pm »
Ignore

Out of curiosity, how many infraction points does opebo have?  He trolls harder than anyone I have ever seen on a message board.

opebo, just like jmfcst, is an old-timer. Moderators were always more lenient to an old-timers, than newer members. If any newbie acted like opebo or jmf, he'd be banned quickly.

Jmf collected an incredible amount of death points and his ban was lfted. Can you imagine a newbie getting such a generous treatment?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 02:11:06 pm by Hank4Senate »Logged

Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: March 04, 2012, 02:23:07 pm »
Ignore

Out of curiosity, how many infraction points does opebo have?  He trolls harder than anyone I have ever seen on a message board.

opebo, just like jmfcst, is an old-timer. Moderators were always more lenient to an old-timers, than newer members. If any newbie acted like opebo or jmf, he'd be banned quickly.

Jmf collected an incredible amount of death points and his ban was lfted. Can you imagine a newbie getting such a generous treatment?

Jmf's ban was never "lifted".  Again, Kal, your "facts" are incorrect.
Inks.LWC
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: March 04, 2012, 02:24:23 pm »
Ignore

Out of curiosity, how many infraction points does opebo have?  He trolls harder than anyone I have ever seen on a message board.

Well, not a lot of his stuff gets reported...
Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: March 04, 2012, 02:38:30 pm »
Ignore

Jmf's ban was never "lifted".  Again, Kal, your "facts" are incorrect.

Ok, then. Wasn't he banned for some time? I'm pretty sure I remember that.

Comrade Sibboleth
Realpolitik
Moderators
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: March 04, 2012, 02:49:43 pm »
Ignore

He was temporarily banned. He then locked himself out of his account before coming back with a new one about three minutes later.

Richard Hoggart 1918-2014
memphis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -3.83

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 04, 2012, 02:51:29 pm »
Ignore

He was temporarily banned. He then locked himself out of his account before coming back with a new one about three minutes later.
Is he the only poster who has been permitted resurrection? I'm unaware of any other.

I was naturally suited to be a lawyer, almost from birth. It was as if, almost, God had willed it. He meant for me to be here, to punish you, and then punish you some more.
I refuse to die a martyrs death here, because you know why?  Martyrs are still dead.
Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: March 04, 2012, 02:53:37 pm »
Ignore

Is he the only poster who has been permitted resurrection? I'm unaware of any other.

NDN/Mint/ghost_white comes to mind.

NiK lost an access to his account and started with a new one.

Inks.LWC
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: March 04, 2012, 03:12:15 pm »
Ignore

What do you mean by resurrection?
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 04, 2012, 03:17:55 pm »
Ignore

Roll Eyes

Please Senators, don't let the Russians, a folk of alcoholic homophobic, take Crimee
Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: March 04, 2012, 04:47:46 pm »
Ignore

Roll Eyes

Libertas legacy lives on!

I am stabbed by grace and slinging blood
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 04, 2012, 06:29:26 pm »
Ignore

Dale Cooper

Famous True Leftists:

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: March 04, 2012, 06:33:23 pm »
Ignore

Dale Cooper

Just out of curiosity, what was his previous username? All I know is that he's an old poster.

Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 04, 2012, 06:41:19 pm »
Ignore

I'm amazed that this still goes on. Don't you people have anything better to do?

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 04, 2012, 09:30:16 pm »
Ignore

Dale Cooper

Just out of curiosity, what was his previous username? All I know is that he's an old poster.

He wishes to keep that under wraps.

Grazie, Capitano!
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2012, 07:02:40 am »
Ignore

If discussing something that is simply illegal is banned, why is nothing done about all the discussions of marijuana use?

A lot of posters actually admitted to smoke marijuana, which is illegal. Are they ban- or infraction-worthy?

Wait a minute.  First, in some places, like to pick a place at random, CA, we have something called medical marijuana. I can smoke a joint anywhere that is not a non-smoking zone - legally.
Life is beautiful.

Second, in most states, or at least a substantial number of them, possession of pot is a misdemeanor, sort of like a traffic ticket (in CA, it is a $100 fine). So while it is illegal, it is more of an act of malum prohibitum, rather than malum in se.

So you guys need a better "wedge" here than pot, is what I'm politely suggesting. Smiley

But isn't smoking pot more illegal than thinking/talking about underaged romance??  And after all as has been pointed out 16 isn't even illegal in most of the country, unlike pot which is illegal throughout the Bad Place.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2012, 10:10:20 am »
Ignore

If discussing something that is simply illegal is banned, why is nothing done about all the discussions of marijuana use?

A lot of posters actually admitted to smoke marijuana, which is illegal. Are they ban- or infraction-worthy?

Wait a minute.  First, in some places, like to pick a place at random, CA, we have something called medical marijuana. I can smoke a joint anywhere that is not a non-smoking zone - legally.
Life is beautiful.

Second, in most states, or at least a substantial number of them, possession of pot is a misdemeanor, sort of like a traffic ticket (in CA, it is a $100 fine). So while it is illegal, it is more of an act of malum prohibitum, rather than malum in se.

So you guys need a better "wedge" here than pot, is what I'm politely suggesting. Smiley

But isn't smoking pot more illegal than thinking/talking about underaged romance??  And after all as has been pointed out 16 isn't even illegal in most of the country, unlike pot which is illegal throughout the Bad Place.

Well then just make clear that you are thinking about doing it only in venues which are legal. Smiley In other news, I didn't happen to agree with that particular infraction myself. No doubt, not each and every one of your infraction points was wholly deserved. But then there may have been some posts where it was deserved, but you just weren't caught. The ying and the yang. Tongue

opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2012, 12:40:47 pm »
Ignore

Well then just make clear that you are thinking about doing it only in venues which are legal. Smiley In other news, I didn't happen to agree with that particular infraction myself. No doubt, not each and every one of your infraction points was wholly deserved. But then there may have been some posts where it was deserved, but you just weren't caught. The ying and the yang. Tongue

There is no 'deserving' or not deserving of the infraction point, Torie.  The entire system is designed not for fairness but to eliminate an open discussion of politics.

And I wasn't thinking about 'doing' anything, just admitting of a preference.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Vatican City State
View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 05, 2012, 12:54:58 pm »
Ignore

The ying and the yang. Tongue

Quit being so focused on your ying yang ole friend Wink
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2012, 01:48:07 pm »
Ignore

The ying and the yang. Tongue

Quit being so focused on your ying yang ole friend Wink

Why on earth would I want to do that Grumps?  I have made a rather large investment in getting back in the game. Why should I not reap the rewards ... while I still can?  Smiley

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: March 15, 2012, 04:26:24 pm »
Ignore

Because the moderators don't form policy at the wills of the forum.  We form policy at the will of Dave, and largely now Nym, as a Mod-Admin.

But it's up to a moderator to decide how to enforce these rules. A number of your colleagues are less strict, Inks, and I don't think their approachment ever hurts Atlas.

In what ways am I more strict in things that I infract for?

For example, I disagree with your interpretation of "sexual context" rule. IMO, forbidden sexual context would include explicit graphics or a very detailed writings, not some innocent talk.

You have an authority over your board and I'm not going to join a choir of few trolls screaming "OMG, demod him, he hates free speech". I just strongly disagree with you on the issue and I hope you'd be willing to listen to our concerns.

And which of my colleagues are less strict on the issue of sexual content?  I assume you're referencing opebo's post?  Which mods have said they think that post should be acceptable?

Come on Kal... if you're going to make these claims, back them up.  Otherwise you are just as bad as the people who make up things that the moderators do.

So, I was unsuccessful in finding said post. I'm sure it was somewhere and I doubt it was deleted, since, as a person heavily involved in what-if community, I'm sure I'd notice.

But since I can't bring you a citation, I have no choice but to take my statement back.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout