CNN Mesa, Arizona GOP pres. primary debate **live commentary thread**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:43:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  CNN Mesa, Arizona GOP pres. primary debate **live commentary thread**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Author Topic: CNN Mesa, Arizona GOP pres. primary debate **live commentary thread**  (Read 15836 times)
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: February 22, 2012, 09:35:50 PM »

You don't wait for thousands to die before you act. You act before thousands can die.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #201 on: February 22, 2012, 09:36:03 PM »

Barack Obama: Loves Syrian Genocide.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #202 on: February 22, 2012, 09:36:07 PM »

Ron Paul's foreign policy stance is insane and is the number one issue (amongst many others) why he would NEVER be the GOP nominee. Never.
HOW is it insane? Stop repeating talking points and tell me what is "insane" about his position.

It's insane that he does not want to maintain American control of the Persian Gulf.
My quote is wrong, I said it IS insane to invade Iran. I said it was not. Why should America control the Persian Gulf? We have no territory there. Its none of our business.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #203 on: February 22, 2012, 09:36:48 PM »

You don't wait for thousands to die before you act. You act before thousands can die.
Yeah, so thousands die OVER THERE, not here.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #204 on: February 22, 2012, 09:37:10 PM »

Ron Paul's foreign policy stance is insane and is the number one issue (amongst many others) why he would NEVER be the GOP nominee. Never.
HOW is it insane? Stop repeating talking points and tell me what is "insane" about his position.

It's insane that he does not want to maintain American control of the Persian Gulf.
My quote is wrong, I said it IS insane to invade Iran. I said it was not. Why should America control the Persian Gulf? We have no territory there. Its none of our business.

Our oil comes from there and our economy depends on it. Therefore, it would be good not to lose it.

Or not?

That insane Ron Paul saying we need intelligence, declarations, and preparations to go to war.  

No. The insane Ron Paul saying we need to pull out of existing wars. Those things he's saying are fine.

I disagree with one thing Ron Paul says =/ I disagree with all of Ron Paul's positions
Vroke
Rookie

« Reply #205 on: February 22, 2012, 09:37:35 PM »

Santorum:"...prolific proliferator..."

Nice word choice...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #206 on: February 22, 2012, 09:39:29 PM »

Our oil comes from there and our economy depends on it. Therefore, it would be good not to lose it.

Or not?

That insane Ron Paul saying we need intelligence, declarations, and preparations to go to war.  

No. The insane Ron Paul saying we need to pull out of existing wars. Those things he's saying are fine.

I disagree with one thing Ron Paul says =/ I disagree with all of Ron Paul's positions
Yes, because oil is more important then human life. War for oil is disgusting.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #207 on: February 22, 2012, 09:40:29 PM »

Or not?

Unfortunately, we need oil to keep our economy going. Without oil, we would enter a Depression and the lives that exist would be horribly miserable. War for oil is quite justified.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #208 on: February 22, 2012, 09:41:27 PM »

America should control the Persian Gulf? It's because of people like Vosem that the terrorists attack us. You don't need to control all the countries there to get oil. If anyone tries to close the straits of Hormuz that is one thing, but attacking a country for no reason. That is completely crazy talk. 
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #209 on: February 22, 2012, 09:41:41 PM »

Or not?

Unfortunately, we need oil to keep our economy going. Without oil, we would enter a Depression and the lives that exist would be horribly miserable. War for oil is quite justified.
There is plenty of oil reserves in the US, and have less dependence on foreign oil.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #210 on: February 22, 2012, 09:41:44 PM »

Is Newt stupid enough to think his war against Iran is going to result in his promised $2.50 gas.

Or does he just think the voters are stupid?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #211 on: February 22, 2012, 09:42:27 PM »

Or not?

We have MASSIVE amounts of Oil here in the US. Why cant we get it from Venezuala and Brazil? Why does it have to come from the Middle East.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #212 on: February 22, 2012, 09:44:05 PM »

Or not?

There is plenty of oil reserves in the US, and have less dependence on foreign oil.

It would be great if we did not depend on oil -- and we have the local reserves to do so -- but, unfortunately, politics says we are not drilling our own oil, and this is the sort of thing that takes years of development and cannot happen overnight.

In reply to sbane, of course you don't. But you do need to ensure that the countries that control our oil supply cannot hold us hostage, particularly dictatorships like Iran and what Iraq was before the '03 campaign.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #213 on: February 22, 2012, 09:44:29 PM »

Or not?

We have MASSIVE amounts of Oil here in the US. Why cant we get it from Venezuala and Brazil? Why does it have to come from the Middle East.

The even better question is why do we have to BOMB people to get it?Huh?
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2012, 09:44:41 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2012, 09:46:59 PM by Satanic Voter »

Oil prices are set as a global commodity. It doesnt matter where it comes from.

And domestic production is growing and imports are now below 50%, but the notion that we can drill our way to 0 imports is a fantasy. Now maybe if people want to talk about radically reducing consumption, maybe.  
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #215 on: February 22, 2012, 09:44:45 PM »

Or not?

Come to think of it, getting oil from the Middle East doesn't make sense when Brazil is closer and there's not much of terrorist activity there.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #216 on: February 22, 2012, 09:44:58 PM »

BALTIMORE!!! SHOUT OUT!
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #217 on: February 22, 2012, 09:45:50 PM »

Or not?

Come to think of it, getting oil from the Middle East doesn't make sense when Brazil is closer and there's not much of terrorist activity there.

Of course, but we get it from the Middle East and you can't just switch overnight. It takes time. We should start shifting tomorrow, but it would still take quite some time.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #218 on: February 22, 2012, 09:46:24 PM »

Vosem, in the 50's in order to help American and British oil companies we got rid of democracy in Iran. We are the ones supporting dictatorships out there. It is their oil and they get to sell it to us at market prices, not due to force.

Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #219 on: February 22, 2012, 09:46:31 PM »

Rick is running into the John Kerry/Senator problem. He keeps talking about the pragmatism and reality of working in Washington - not realizing that primary voters just want purity not pragmatism.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #220 on: February 22, 2012, 09:47:12 PM »

And domestic production is gowing and imports are now below 50%, but the notion that we can drill our way to 0 imports is a fantasy. Now maybe if people want to talk about radically reducing consumption, maybe.  

If Iran did block the straight, oil would got to $500 a barrell overnight because it would be treated as a reduction in the overall supply. And the Iranian navy would cease to exist by the next day.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #221 on: February 22, 2012, 09:47:55 PM »

I know Dr. Paul doesn't actually pay much attention to what happens in DC. He's too busy whoring it up around the country. But you'd think Paul would know enough to know Santorum wasn't Senate Majority Whip.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #222 on: February 22, 2012, 09:48:10 PM »

Ron Paul probably doesn't realize education for anyone besides the wealthiest Americans was practically non-existent during the foundation of the country and anyone who thinks that's okay is insane.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #223 on: February 22, 2012, 09:48:33 PM »

/paul.

Guys, the series finale of "Republican Debates" is in its last scene.  Let's not spoil it.

It was nice for them to bring back Rick Perry in a cameo for this final episode, but I would have preferred Cain.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #224 on: February 22, 2012, 09:49:46 PM »

And domestic production is gowing and imports are now below 50%, but the notion that we can drill our way to 0 imports is a fantasy. Now maybe if people want to talk about radically reducing consumption, maybe.  

If Iran did block the straight, oil would got to $500 a barrell overnight because it would be treated as a reduction in the overall supply. And the Iranian navy would cease to exist by the next day.

Yup, blocking the straits would mean war. They would be stopping oil coming from other countries from going to their destination. They would deserve to get bombed. Forcing regime change to put in our dictators so we can get Iranian oil is absolutely ridiculous. This is just frightening. The same sort of rhetoric leading to the Iraq war is being seen right now. Anybody out there who is not war hungry, I plead with you to not vote for any Republican other than Ron Paul.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies