Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 14, 2014, 09:02:36 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  Cathcon's Political Journey, 2012 - Complete
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Cathcon's Political Journey, 2012 - Complete  (Read 4503 times)
#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 06:02:19 pm »
Ignore

As some of you may know, I'm considering a run for student council Vice President and have formed an exploratory committee thread. Apparently there are no defined rolls (despite the titles helping to do the defining with names like "Treasurer" and whatnot) and the guy in that job is completely useless, plus I have a good chance of winning, being known as the "political guy" in my grade, if not my school.

However, I have also found a new avenue to pursue my insatiable political ambitions, that being the role of elections inspector. According to my township's website, the usual requirements are to be an 18 or older registered voter, but they do allow sixteen and seventeen year-olds to work as well. With that in mind I've sent an email to the clerk's office hoping for a response and some sort of application. While I might not get the thrill of watching returns at home, I'll be just as pleased taking a role in the election.

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 06:06:28 pm »
Ignore

It's weird hearing about/seeing MSU from an outsider's perspective.  I recognize some of the people in your post.

Huh. Who specifically?

The guy on the right in the fifth picture, and, more importantly, the protester.

Tell her all the guys from the rally are sayin' hi to her. (assuming you mean Ms. Dontlegislatemyvagina)

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2012, 12:37:56 pm »
Ignore

Less than two days into attempting to enter the local political process, I find myself already being a local mover 'n' shaker. Previously, I had addressed my email "Dear Mr. Clerk (or Mrs. as the website doesn't say who is Clerk)". That was on Thursday night. By Saturday morning, the website had been changed to include the names of the office holders. This could be a career.

In related news, I did receive a reply, saying that they're not currently working with high schools. However, she is looking to bring in some younger people to work as elections inspectors and she will keep my name and contact info on file.

ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

P

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2012, 04:36:41 pm »
Ignore

Less than two days into attempting to enter the local political process, I find myself already being a local mover 'n' shaker. Previously, I had addressed my email "Dear Mr. Clerk (or Mrs. as the website doesn't say who is Clerk)". That was on Thursday night. By Saturday morning, the website had been changed to include the names of the office holders. This could be a career.

In related news, I did receive a reply, saying that they're not currently working with high schools. However, she is looking to bring in some younger people to work as elections inspectors and she will keep my name and contact info on file.
I know my county needs ALOT of election inspectors.....We kind of have a reputation for screwing close elections up.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:44:51 pm by ChairmanSanchez »Logged

If a burial strikes my family as too practical, I'd go for either a viking funeral on one of the Great Lakes or to be sealed up in a tomb with my closest servants and bang-maids so they may wait on my every need in the afterlife.
#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2012, 05:10:21 pm »
Ignore

Looks like the elections inspector position in my township may already be filled by the senior citizens that do it every year. I still should attend the July class on it in case a spot opens  up. In the meanwhile, a girl at my school worked as an elections inspector one township over and apparently she lives right next to her township's clerk and got paid $300. So I'm currently on a quest to see if I could get the Waterford Township Clerk to hit me up for a slot. The adventure continues.

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2012, 04:26:43 pm »
Ignore

Well, looks like we're gonna have a dad of my friend, and a fellow Paul supporter, attempt to become a precinct/state delegate at the Oakland County convention on May 3rd.

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2012, 02:44:20 pm »
Ignore

The race I've truly been waiting for this year, the student council election, at my school, is nigh upon us! Despite a small scuffle with a member of the council who supported me but then mis-interpreted my intentions, things have gone rather well (though I have made contrary promises to two people, sad to say) and I got the 25/26 necessary signatures (including that of the guy I'll likely be running against on the basis that I wouldn't be running against him, that promise made at a time where I was considering running against someone else). Therefore, Clark 2012 has begun. A couple weeks ago a friend of mine drew up this nifty campaign poster. For those of you weith weak stomachs for satire, do not press the link. I'm currently deciding whether to actually post it.

SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2012, 03:01:15 pm »
Ignore

The race I've truly been waiting for this year, the student council election, at my school, is nigh upon us! Despite a small scuffle with a member of the council who supported me but then mis-interpreted my intentions, things have gone rather well (though I have made contrary promises to two people, sad to say) and I got the 25/26 necessary signatures (including that of the guy I'll likely be running against on the basis that I wouldn't be running against him, that promise made at a time where I was considering running against someone else). Therefore, Clark 2012 has begun. A couple weeks ago a friend of mine drew up this nifty campaign poster. For those of you weith weak stomachs for satire, do not press the link. I'm currently deciding whether to actually post it.

My god, you have to use that somehow.

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2012, 04:20:55 pm »
Ignore

My god, you have to use that somehow.

Well not in school. Tongue The establishment's been crackin' down on people, even kids who have gone here since like kindergarten and have like fifteen family members in this school. And have two months to graduate. So I'm not going to let a semi-racist campaign poster made in the spirit of sarcasm ruin my high school career. It'll stay on the internet (and in my backpack) for now.

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2012, 11:19:08 pm »
Ignore

Just volunteered with the Clark Durant for Senate campaign here in Michigan.

President John Hay
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2012, 11:19:31 pm »
Ignore

Good luck!!!

ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2012, 11:23:58 pm »
Ignore

Thats great! What type of work do you do for him/plan on doing?

If a burial strikes my family as too practical, I'd go for either a viking funeral on one of the Great Lakes or to be sealed up in a tomb with my closest servants and bang-maids so they may wait on my every need in the afterlife.
#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2012, 12:30:53 pm »
Ignore

Good luck!!!

Thanks. Smiley

Thats great! What type of work do you do for him/plan on doing?

Well, when I signed up online, there were three little boxes to check. I chose two of them: make phone calls and something else, and skipped over "host events".

Also, my history teacher (a Democrat, btw) who's been here since '78, graduated a girl who's currently working with the Durant campaign and he said he'd try to hook me up. I thought I'd get a head start on things though.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.09

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2012, 08:07:43 pm »
Ignore

Clark for Governor of Michigan!

i like girls but there is NOTHING better then a sexi hott dude
two glass houses, twenty stones
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2012, 12:37:44 am »
Ignore

Btw, your slogan in Russian: "Вера, Семья, Отье*итесь"

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2012, 04:10:05 pm »
Ignore

Clark for Governor of Michigan!

All in good time, I assure you... Wink

Btw, your slogan in Russian: "Вера, Семья, Отье*итесь"

Haha, that's awesome, though I may be checking it on google translate to make sure...

Anyway, I just signed up with both the Gary Johnson and Mitt Romney campaigns. May hit up Virgil Goode as well. Have I lost my political conscience? Maybe so, but I'm looking for any and all opportunities to work on campaigns this summer.

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2012, 04:13:45 pm »
Ignore

Looks like Goode doesn't have a straight up "Volunteer" option on his website, much to my dismay. I may decide to contact him asking to be contacted about any campaign presence in MI.

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2012, 08:22:38 pm »
Ignore

Election Day is tomorrow! Despite the incumbent VP deciding not to run, I am facing our former two-term VP.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2012, 08:25:11 pm »
Ignore

Election Day is tomorrow! Despite the incumbent VP deciding not to run, I am facing our former two-term VP.

Go Cathcon! Cheesy

Just a bit of attention whoring, I was unanimously elected Secretary of my local Teenage Republicans Club Smiley

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2012, 08:35:11 pm »
Ignore

Go Cathcon! Cheesy

Just a bit of attention whoring, I was unanimously elected Secretary of my local Teenage Republicans Club Smiley

I guess I should look into one around my area.

SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2012, 06:55:34 am »
Ignore

Go Cathcon! Cheesy

I should look into joining the Young Dems.

A.G. Snowstalker
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2012, 02:47:30 pm »
Ignore

Well, I lost. Incumbent got 75% of the vote, which means that women continue their monopoly on sophomore class offices, and 3/4 of officers are Asians.

ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2012, 03:30:35 pm »
Ignore

Coup d'etat?

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2012, 03:33:34 pm »
Ignore

Coup d'etat?

The only logical solution.