Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 29, 2014, 11:05:04 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Gubernatorial/Statewide Elections (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  Move over, Rick Scott! Chafee is approaching Taft Territory!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Move over, Rick Scott! Chafee is approaching Taft Territory!  (Read 2885 times)
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2012, 01:53:51 pm »
Ignore

Hilarious and so deserved - a 22% approval rating for old Lincoln - http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/02/23/chafee_very_unpopular_in_rhode_island.html

Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: 4.35

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 03:25:47 pm »
Ignore

Why so low?

I know he was only elected with 36%, but still...

A.G. Snowstalker
Snowstalker
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 03:43:25 pm »
Ignore

What the hell did he do?

krazen1211
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 04:15:11 pm »
Ignore

Why so low?

I know he was only elected with 36%, but still...

He has no base on either side.
Nhoj
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 04:36:04 pm »
Ignore

Mind you this is a excellent/good/fair/poor poll not an approval rating poll. So hes probably actually in the 30s as far as approval gos. Which still sucks of course.

آزادی برای ایران

Kevin
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 05:51:11 pm »
Ignore

Mind you this is a excellent/good/fair/poor poll not an approval rating poll. So hes probably actually in the 30s as far as approval gos. Which still sucks of course.

Still what has done to derseve such approvals? He seems inoffensive and quiet compared other unpopular Governors like Scott or Malloy.

HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.97, S: -5.30

P

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 06:03:57 pm »
Ignore

Still what has done to derseve such approvals? He seems inoffensive and quiet compared other unpopular Governors like Scott or Malloy.

I'm not that familiar with his term as governor, but my guess is that he has no natural base to support him.  Republicans aren't fond of him because he "abandoned the party" and is a liberal and a lot of issues, and democrats don't like him because he used to be a Republican and from what little research I have done it looks like he made major (in my opinion necessary) cuts to the budget that may anger democrats.  In addition his fight with the legislature or members of the legislature (again not intimately familiar with the issue) in December over calling the government "Christmas Tree" a "Holiday Tree" may not have gone over well in an largely Catholic state.
*Just a side note- the latest polls on Malloy show him with a +5 approval rating (50 approve- 45 disapprove- Rasmussen Reports)

"I believe we can keep the promise of our founders, the idea that if youíre willing to work hard, it doesnít matter who you are or where you come from or what you look like or where you love. It doesnít matter whether youíre black or white or Hispanic or Asian or Native American or young or old or rich or poor, able, disabled, gay or straight, you can make it here in America if youíre willing to try.
-Obama
GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 06:37:14 pm »
Ignore

I can assure you Malloy has a rather negative image in Connecticut, a poll is just a poll. However, don't be surprised if Chafee gets a spot in the Obama administration rather than run for reelection.

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 06:54:23 pm »
Ignore

So this is what happens when a third-party candidate gets elected to statewide office. :/

I'm disappointed to see this.  I supported him for the election.
asexual trans victimologist
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 12:50:42 am »
Ignore

It reminds me a little bit of Lowell Weicker in sharper relief.

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

His idea of freedom is - it is a bad thing and should be stopped at all costs.

Nathan-land.  As much fun as watching paint dry... literally.
Gravis Marketing
brittain33
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 10:33:08 am »
Ignore

Also a terrible economy and endemic corruption that doesn't hit him personally but doesn't make people feel good about government.
Vosem
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 06:20:13 pm »
Ignore

Considering his outspoken support for Obama, perhaps he could get the Democratic nomination in 2014, and the Governor's Mansion of Rhode Island would be (again) within reach for Republicans.

Or maybe I'm just kidding myself.

I apologize for being so adamantly right.
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.97, S: -5.30

P

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 07:20:02 pm »
Ignore

Considering his outspoken support for Obama, perhaps he could get the Democratic nomination in 2014, and the Governor's Mansion of Rhode Island would be (again) within reach for Republicans.

Or maybe I'm just kidding myself.

There was an article in politico saying that Gov. O'Malley has offered him to join the Democrats multiple times, but Chaffee has refused saying that he is happy to be where he is and intends to remain an independent.

"I believe we can keep the promise of our founders, the idea that if youíre willing to work hard, it doesnít matter who you are or where you come from or what you look like or where you love. It doesnít matter whether youíre black or white or Hispanic or Asian or Native American or young or old or rich or poor, able, disabled, gay or straight, you can make it here in America if youíre willing to try.
-Obama
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 10:42:12 am »
Ignore

22%?  wow, Rhode Islanders are very generous.

But, I agree w/ Phil..well deserved Smiley

redcommander
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 12:50:15 am »
Ignore

Can't wait till he's out of office come 2015. The man is an even more annoying moderate hero than Snowe.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 12:52:14 am by redcommander »Logged
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 03:40:41 am »
Ignore

Not even close to Taft.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Nagas
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -7.65

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 03:42:44 am »
Ignore

So this is what happens when a third-party candidate gets elected to statewide office. :/

I'm disappointed to see this.  I supported him for the election.

Nah, third party candidates (Ventura, King, Sanders) can be effective and popular politicians in their states. Chafee does have two years to recover but he needs to carve out a base.

redcommander
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 04:45:58 am »
Ignore

Not even close to Taft.

Give him another two months.
CARLHAYDEN
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 01:28:54 pm »
Ignore

Hilarious and so deserved - a 22% approval rating for old Lincoln - http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/02/23/chafee_very_unpopular_in_rhode_island.html

So, there's 22% of Rhodies who are either stupid, ignorant, evil or perhaps two or more of the those!

Registered in Arizona for Fantasy election purposes.
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 01:47:06 pm »
Ignore

So, there's 22% of Rhodies who are either stupid, ignorant, evil or perhaps two or more of the those!

STOP LIKING POLITICIANS I DON'T LIKE!

...seriously? There's no way that you can conceive of that somebody could approve of a politician you don't without being stupid, ignorant, or evil? I don't even say that about people who approve of Jim Inhofe, even though I'm genuinely baffled as to why anybody would.

Saged, reported, called the cops, etc.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:43:20 pm by Nathan »Logged

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 02:39:47 pm »
Ignore

...seriously? There's no way that you can conceive of that somebody could approve of a politician you don't without be stupid, ignorant, or evil? I don't even say that about people who approve of Jim Inhofe, even though I'm genuinely baffled as to why anybody would.

Have you really interacted with CARLHAYDEN yet? I can't remember.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 03:21:48 pm »
Ignore

Not even close to Taft.

22% isn't far from 12%.

coyolxauhqui
a Person
YaBB God
Costa Rica

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 03:25:12 pm »
Ignore

Not even close to Taft.

22% isn't far from 12%.
Um, Chafee's approval rating is 83% higher than Taft's.

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 07:24:36 pm »
Ignore

Not even close to Taft.

22% isn't far from 12%.
Um, Chafee's approval rating is 83% higher than Taft's.

Taft had a -61% approval rating?

Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 07:43:42 pm »
Ignore

...seriously? There's no way that you can conceive of that somebody could approve of a politician you don't without be stupid, ignorant, or evil? I don't even say that about people who approve of Jim Inhofe, even though I'm genuinely baffled as to why anybody would.

Have you really interacted with CARLHAYDEN yet? I can't remember.

I have but I'm always newly amazed.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout