Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 04:19:29 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Election What-ifs? (Moderators: Bacon King, Dallasfan65)
| | |-+  Bush vs Obama 2012 Election Night and on Timeline
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Print
Poll
Question: How would you rate this timeline?
Great   -5 (10.2%)
Good   -5 (10.2%)
Okay   -6 (12.2%)
Poor   -5 (10.2%)
Bad This Needs to Stop   -28 (57.1%)
No Opinion   -0 (0%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: Bush vs Obama 2012 Election Night and on Timeline  (Read 10184 times)
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2012, 04:59:03 pm »
Ignore

I am continuing my other turn of the century and on timeline, however after every couple of election cycles, I am going to write another separate timeline. This is one of them.

Its Jeb Bush vs Barack Obama. Any advice on the returns will be considered, I am undecided even in trying to decide who I will have win.

the birth of modern america & onward timeline(http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=195483.new#new)results of four most previous elections.....
election 1912
Underwood: 267 Cutchens: 264 Lafolette: 0 Debs: 0 266 to win
election 1916
Underwood (i): 224 Curtis: 254 Johnson: 53 266 to win
House Underwood (i): 26 Curtis: 12 Johnson: 10 25 to win
election 1920
Roosevelt: 260 Lowden: 271 McAdoo: 0 266 to win
election 1924
Thomas: 262 Lowden (i): 269 266 to win
Jerseyrules
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 01:22:01 am »
Ignore

I think 2016 Schweitzer or Cuomo vs. Bush would be better; the taint of the bush name won't wear off for quite some time, unless serious butterflies are created first.

Drink Too Much:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=147022.0

An Empire of Stars and Stripes:

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=156974.0

FOOL!  I AM Cathcon!

Endorsements:
President: Hillary Clinton
Governor: Brown (CA), Corbett (PA), Scott (FL)
House: Emken (CA)
Other: Rob McCoy (CA Assembly)

---------------------------------------

Libertarian Internationalist Monarchist
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 09:08:31 am »
Ignore

Election Night 2012 Open
Good evening, its about a quarter til 7 o'clock on the east coast. We will have polls close in six states at that time. But, before we get there, lets turn to our panel for some opening observations. Polls are still open all across the country, not a single vote has been counted yet. Its incumbent democrat President Obama against former Florida governor Jeb Bush. How do you think this race will shape out tonight?

Well, there are a couple of things to look at. First of all, President Obama came into office in January of 2009. He has had some success and some failure. The economy is still going down hill, but the Iraq War has come to an end and Osama Bin Ladin is dead.

He also promised to pull almost 100, 000 troops out of Afghanastan  by September of this year and that didn't happen.

Yes, President Obama goes into this election day with a 48% job approval rating...

which is not bad, it could be a lot worse for him. I think the economy is a major factor, but he got Osama Bin Ladin and that is huge for the American people.

Do you think that could be the difference tonight?

That could be. But, its also worth pointing out, the people tend to vote their pocket books. But, the Obama people have to be feeling decent right now, because if it is really close tonight, it could come down to if he caught Osama Bin Ladin or not. The good news for the Obama camp at this early point in the evening...

yeah polls are still open all across America

The good news for the Obama people at this early point in the evening, is that if its close and it comes down to if he caught Bin Ladin or not, he caught him and that could help them.

We are coming back. Taking a quick commercial break. All polls are still open across America, please go the vote. We'll be right back, stay with us.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:10:14 am by GPORTER »Logged

the birth of modern america & onward timeline(http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=195483.new#new)results of four most previous elections.....
election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 07:30:45 pm »
Ignore

Lugar Wins Seventh Senate Term...Bush Leads Obama Early
You saw the headline of the hour, it is 7 o'clock on the east coast and we have some projections. In Indiana, the Bush people had their fingers crossed and it works, Bush carries Indiana. Also in Kentucky, a state traditionally going republican does it again, as Bush carries Kentucky. Ditto in South Carolina, Bush wins there. In Georgia, well there, its undecided.

There was a high black vote turnout today in Atlanta and in the Atlanta suburbs, would be an upset if it went democrat. But, it could happen.

Virgnia, oh the bellwhether and hard fought state of Virgnia, is also undecided at this hour. Unable to call that one. And in Vermont, a solid democratic state does it again as it votes for the President tonight.

Jeb Bush Wins Indiana

Jeb Bush Wins Kentucky

Jeb Bush Wins South Carolina

Barack Obama Wins Vermont

And now for the first time tonight, lets turn to our electoral map where states declared for Bush are colored in Red and states declared for Obama are colored in Blue. Theres no specific color for states that are outstanding, only for those that have been declared.
Bush: 28        Obama: 3        270 needed to win

We have to remember, that the presidency is not the only thing that is up tonight. We also have  the balance of power in the next congress to be determined. House races will be coming in slowly tonight, republicans expected to hold onto control there. Right now, lets look at the senate projections that we have at this hour.

In Indiana, Richard Lugar has been in the senate for thirty-six years and we can now project that he will be going back for at least another six years. He had a tough primary fight, but once he got past it, it was smooth sailing from there. Lugar wins again in Indiana tonight.

In Vermont, Bernie Sanders retired there, its a repeat of the 2010 Vermont governors race tonight. Its incumbent democratic governor of that state, Peter Shumlin going up against republican Brian Dubie. That race is also undecided. And in Virgnia, oh this is a race that a lot of people are watching. Its former democratic governor Tim Kaine against former republican senator George Allen. That is a hot race that is also undecided at this time.

So out of that line upm we have only one senate projection. That one is Lugar in Indiana.

Richard Lugar Wins Indiana Senate Election
Republican: 39        Democrat: 29        51 needed for absolute majority

The night begins. Our panel is coming up next, stay with us.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:54:10 pm by GPORTER »Logged

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 09:17:24 pm »
Ignore

Brown Leads in Ohio Senate Race...West Virgnia drops for Bush
That is the headline of the hour. Polls have closed in Ohio and West Virgnia. We have one projection.

In West Virgnia, this is a state that voted democrat for a long time for President until the year 2000. Its gone republican since 2000 and it does so again tonight, Jeb Bush wins in West Virgnia. However the senate race there is too close to call.

In Ohio, it is a historical presidential belwhether state. No republican has won the White House without first carrying Ohio. We cannot emphasise that enough. Ohio has their polls close and its too close to call. For the senate race there, incumbent democrat Sherrod Brown running for his second term faces republican Ken Blackwell in that race. Its too close to call, but senator Brown does have a lead in that race. It is undecided at this time.

Lets turn now to our electoral map. Five more electoral votes fall to former governor Bush. President Obama only with three electoral votes at this time.

Jeb Bush Wins West Virgnia
Bush: 33        Obama: 3        270 needed to win

He only has three electoral votes because there is no other state that could really be projected for Obama at this time.

Thats right, what is outstanding...Virgnia, Georgia, and Ohio. Ohio first of all is always very close and we will probably be here for a long time waiting on that. Virgnia, its basically in some ways, southern Virgnia vs northern Virgnia there. Georgia is a surprise, its expected to vote for Bush tonight.

So basically Obama is not favored to carry any more states than he has at this point in the evening.

This is the same way it was four years ago and look at the margin Obama won by. He only had three electoral votes at this point in the evening four years ago and he well surpassed 270 electoral votes just a few hours later.

So the race for the presidency is basically too early to call at this time.

Yes, its never time to conceed or claim victory for either side at his time.

We are coming back to our panel in a moment. Stay with us.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:44:54 pm by GPORTER »Logged

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 10:48:51 pm »
Ignore

Good news for Ohio Democrats: Brown Easily Wins Reelection there
Yes, in Ohio, senator Sherrod Brown running for his second term, will according to our projections get it. Brown easily defeats Blackwell by about a margin of 59.2% to 40.8%. Brown wins in Ohio senate race.

Sherrod Brown Wins Ohio Senate Election
Republican: 39        Democrat: 30        51 needed for absolute majority

Were coming  back

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 01:53:58 pm »
Ignore

8 o'clock on the east coast:An interesting trend develops
Welcome back to election 2012. We have some projections, lets look them over.

Alabama, part of the republican solid south, it goes to Bush tonight. Alabama for Bush. In Connecticut, it was thought that Bush might have a chance there, but its not to be. Obama wins Connecticut. Same story in Delaware. The home state of vice president Biden stays in the democratic column. Delaware also goes to the President. The District of Columbia, a place that always votes democrat and by large margins, it does so again tonight. Obama easily wins the District of Columbia. Florida, the home state of governor Bush, there is a Bush lead there but its too close to call at this time.

In Illinois, the home state of the President, this also goes to the President. Obama wins Illinois. The state of Maine is also too close to call. Obama won easily there in 2008, but the Bush family has a home there and republicans thought they had a chance there. Its too close to call. The state of Maryland, a traditionally democratic state, does so again as it votes for Obama. Same story in Massachussetts, the President wins Massachussetts. The state of Mississippi, a strong republican state, this state goes to Bush. Missouri, Bush leads there, but at this time at least, its undecided. New Hampshire is also undecided. New Jersey, another state where republicans thought they had a chance, its not to be. New Jersey goes to Obama. Oklahoma will easily go to Bush tonight. Bush wins in Oklahoma. Pennsylvania, this state is too close to call at this time. An important state for the Obama camp tonight.

The state of South Dakota, democrats wanted to contest it this year, but its not to be. Jeb Bush does win in South Dakota as the polls close there. The state of Tennessee, democrats never really stood a chance there, an interesting senate race in that state however, but for the presidency and maybe this will help Corker, Bush wins easily in Tennessee. And finally, in the state of Texas, a strong republican state and the traditional home state of the Bush family, Jeb Bush wins Texas. No surprise there.

Jeb Bush Wins Alabama

Barack Obama Wins Connecticut

Barack Obama Wins Delaware

Barack Obama Wins the District of Columbia

Barack Obama Wins Illinois

Barack Obama Wins Maryland

Barack Obama Wins Massachussetts

Jeb Bush Wins Mississippi

Barack Obama Wins New Jersey

Jeb Bush Wins Oklahoma

Jeb Bush Wins South Dakota

Jeb Bush Wins Tennessee

Jeb Bush Wins Texas

Okay, obviously the electoral vote count is growing on both sides. Lets look at the electoral map as it stands now at 8 o'clock on the east coast.
Bush: 107        Obama: 71        270 needed to win

Well Bush crossed the 100 electoral vote mark. Were coming back with the senate returns at this hour. Stay with us

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 01:54:44 pm »
Ignore

Back there Bush crossed the 100 electoral vote mark, but Obama is not far behind. Lets look at at least a few if not all of the senate races where polls closed at this time. I believe we have some projections, lets look them over.

First, in Tennessee, a race between incumbent republican Bob Corker and democrat Al Gore III is too close to call. Gore would be the youngest member of the united states senate if he were to win. That race is too close to call at this time. In Connecticut, Chris Murphy defeats Linda McMahon in the race for the senate seat from retiring independent Joe Lieberman. Murphy wins in Connecticut. Tom Carper easily wins reelection in Delaware. Carper wins again in Delaware. In Florida, the race between incumbent democrat Bill Nelson and republican challenger Connie Mack IV is too close to call. Thats a high profile race as is Florida.

In Maine, in a surprise, Olympia Snowe retired and decided not to run for a fourth senate term. Running to replace her are two members of the older generation of Maine politics. Democrat former governor and member of the house of representatives Joseph Brennan is running against republican incumbent governor of that state Paul LePage. That race is too close to call at this time. Another high profile senate race. Ben Cardin wins another term as a democrat in Maine. He holds the seat for democrats there. In Massachussetts, its incumbent Scott Brown facing Elizabeth Warren in that race. Its undecided at this time. In Mississippi, Roger Wicker wins his first full term to the senate there. He won a special senate election there when Trent Lott resigned, now he will be going into his first full six year term.

A sigh of relief for democrats here, Bob Menendez wins another term to the senate from New Jersey. A hold for the democrats in New Jersey. More good news for democrats, Bob Casey jr wins another term to the united states senate as he defeats former senator Rick Santorum. That was a rematch of 2006 and Casey wins again according to our projections. And in Texas, Kay Bailey Hutchinson retired there. David Dewhurst wins that race, holding the seat for republicans for at least another six years. And in West Virgnia, Joe Manchin wins his first full term again defeating John Raese, his 2010 rival. Also in Missouri, the race between incumbent democrat Claire McClaskill and republican challenger Sarah Steelman is too close to call at this time.

Okay, lets pull up the senate map and look at how these projections change the count for control of the senate:

Chris Murphy Wins Connecticut Senate Election

Tom Carper Wins Delaware Senate Election

Ben Cardin Wins Maryland Senate Election

Roger Wicker Wins Mississippi Senate Election

Bob Menendez Wins New Jersey Senate Election

Bob Casey Jr Wins Pennsylvania Senate Election

David Dewhurst Wins Texas Senate Election

Joe Manchin Wins West Virgnia Senate Election

Republican: 41        Democrat: 36        51 needed for absolute majority

One observation to make about these senate races is that democrats are closing the gap in the tally. They had more seats to defend and they are favored to hold most of them, if not all of them. Thats a stretch to say they will hold all of them.

Anything surprise you about the senate?

Well, that Brown won so easily in Ohio. He had a pretty weak opponent out there in Ken Blackwell. Republicans could have nominated a better candidate. And perhaps the Pennsylvania call. Santorum wanted to be more competetive out there than at least what our projection says.

We do have word that the Santorum camp is not conceeding the race.

Yeah, I think its smart to wait and watch the vote count for a while. Casey would naturally start with an early lead in the state seeing where the votes come from in the early Pennsylvania returns.

Yes, I remember two years ago in Pennsylvania. Everyone went to be thinking that Joe Sestak was going to be the next Pennsylvania united states senator because he held a sizable lead. When they woke up in the morning, Pat Toomey, the republican, won instead.

But, according to our projections, we feel confident in saying that Bob Casey will win another term to the senate. Thank you panel.

Do we have another projection? Yes we do. Infact two. Jeb Bush will carry the states of Missouri and Georgia. No real surprise in either of those, Obama hoped to have a chance in Missouri. But, it has voted republican in every election since 2000 and does so again tonight. Bush wins Missouri and Georgia.

Jeb Bush Wins Missouri

Jeb Bush Wins Georgia

Bush: 133        Obama: 71        270 needed to win

Bush building up a little bit of a margin there. Can Obama stay in the race?

He can and I think that he will come out of tonight strong. New York and the west coast among other thigns have not seen their polls close yet. Democrats seeming to do well at least in the senate races so far seems to...

Hold on, I'm sorry we have a major projection. George Allen is going back to the united states senate.

Wow...

He defeats Tim Kaine in that bitterly contested race down in Virgnia. Republicans have a net pick up of one seat so far tonight. Allen wins in Virgnia.

Allen Wins in Virgnia: R +1 in race for control of senateGeorge Allen Wins Virgnia Senate Election
Republican: 42        Democrat: 36        51 needed for absolute majority

That cannot be good news for democrats in congress or even the White House tonight.

Well yeah, thats a little bit of a surprise, at least that it was projected so early. Not only did Allen win, but hes winning by a big enough margin for it to be called early in the evening.

How is the White House feeling about that?

They are pretty confident that the President will win reelection. But the loss of the Virgnia senate race is not a happy thing for them.

Allen wins in Virgnia, thats the big headline of the hour. Were coming back, stay with us.

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 02:56:02 pm »
Ignore

Bush wins Arkansas;North Carolina Too Close to Call
The polls have closed in Arkansas and North Carolina. Arkansas goes to Bush, but North Carolina is too close to call. There are no senate races in these two states this election cycle.

Jeb Bush Wins Arkansas
Bush: 139        Obama: 71        270 needed to win

We are coming back with more.

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 08:23:05 pm »
Ignore

Big Call: North Carolina to Bush
Jeb Bush will carry the state of North Carolina tonight. Its looking good for Bush, but the night is still young. North Carolina goes to Bush.

Jeb Bush Wins North Carolina
Bush: 154        Obama: 71        270 needed to win

Thats a big projection, but the Obama people can win without it.

And by the way, its not only Florida and Ohio that the Obama camp is watching. They are waiting for the west. The President can be reelected even without Ohio and Florida.

More to come

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 04:18:37 pm »
Ignore

We have no other projections at this time. However, polls are closing in at least a dozen more states at the 9 o'clock hour. In an already interesting, edge of your seat night, will the election begin to move solidly in favor of one candidate instead of the other? Stay with us to find out. Election night 2012 continues shortly.

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 08:29:24 pm »
Ignore

Back here at election night 2012 coverage. Bush has a big lead over President Obama in the electoral college vote. He leads Obama by about eighty electoral votes. Lets pull the map up to show you. There it is:
Bush: 154        Obama: 71        270 needed to win

Well there you go. Bush does have a big lead over the President at this hour. Lets turn to our panel about some of these senate races. What about the Maine race?

That Maine race is interesting. I know that a lot of people, when Olympia Snowe retired, they expected the democrats to easily pick up the seat. It was going be like Evan Bayh in 2010, Bayh just giving the seat away to republicans. It seemed like Snowe just gave the senate seat away to democrats. But, the democrats nominated a terrible candidate.

Thats right they did, Joseph Brennan has been running for office for a long, long time in the state of Maine as a democrat. He has more losses than wins in his record.

Yeah, and governor LePage is a good candidate. Its basically neck and neck in the returns right now, giving Brennan just a small lead.

I'm sorry, hold on we have a major projection. It seems odd seeing how the night has gone so far, but Ohio has gone to Obama.

Wow, this is amazing...

Barack Obama Wins Ohio
Bush: 154        Obama: 89        270 needed to win

Wow, I mean wow no one say that coming seeing how tonight has been going so far for the President.

Its not over for governor Bush though...

no, I mean it doesn't seem that way. He has lost Ohio which is major for a repubican. No republican has won the White House without first carrying Ohio. This is a shock at this point in the evening.

I'm coming back becasue Pennsylvania is also going to the President now.

Wow, I knew this wasn't over.

These are big wins for the President and this time. Lets see now this now even crazier electoral map.

Barack Obama Wins Pennsylvania
Bush: 154        Obama: 104        270 needed to win

Stay with us, were coming back.

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 10:25:50 pm »
Ignore

Election Night 2012
You saw our map up there. That is reflective of after the polls have closed on the east coast at 9 PM. We have some projections, lets look them over.

In Arizona, home state of John McCain and Jon Kyl running for reelection. Obama lost it last time around, but thinks he has a chance this time. Does he? We shall see, its too close to call. In Colorado, Obama has high hopes here but the Bush name is historically strong here. Colorado is also too close to call. Kansas, a historically republican state, it goes to Bush. Jeb Bush wins in Kansas. In Louisiana, the republican solid south, it goes to Bush also tonight. In Michigan, a state that has voted democrat in every presidential election since 1992, republicans hope to have a chance there, its yet to be seen. Michigan is undecided at this time.

In Minnesota, its voted democrat in every election since 1960 with the sole exception of 1972. Minnesota stays democrat again and goes to President Obama. In Nebraska, its solid for Bush tonight. Bush wins in Nebraska. In New Mexico, Bush hoped to have a chance here, but its not to be. President Obama wins in New Mexico. In New York, a democratic strong hold at the presidential level, Obama wins in New York. Ditto in Rhode Island. Another strong democratic state, Obama wins in Rhode Island. In Wyoming, a strong republican state, it drops to Bush again tonight. In Wisconsin, its undecided. And in Maine, a state that had been too close to call, we are declaring that when all the votes are in and counted, Obama wins in Maine.

Jeb Bush Wins Kansas

Barack Obama Wins Minnesota

Barack Obama Wins Maine

Jeb Bush Wins Louisiana

Jeb Bush Wins Nebraska

Jeb Bush Wins Wyoming

Barack Obama Wins New Mexico

Barack Obama Wins Rhode Island

Barack Obama Wins New York

Bush: 176        Obama: 161        270 needed to win

Lets come back, this is a race that is narrowing, but in an unusual way. Lets come back, stay with us.

Barack Obama/Joe Biden:
Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachussetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont

Jeb Bush/Bob Bennett:
Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, West Virgnia, Wyoming

election night 2012 coverage

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 10:38:28 pm »
Ignore

Welcome back where we have a few state declarations. Lets go right to them:

In the state of Michigan, it was thought that Bush might have a chance here. We are ready to project however, that Michigan will stay in the democratic column. Michigan for Obama. That would hurt republicans a lot if it were not for Colorado. Colorado is a state that the Obama camp were actually pretty confident that they would carry. Actually, Colorado drops for Bush tonight. And finally, in the state of Florida, Bush carries his home state. A big win for republicans, Florida drops for Jeb Bush.

Jeb Bush Wins Florida

Barack Obama Wins Michigan

Jeb Bush Wins Colorado

Bush: 214        Obama: 177        270 needed to win

We'll come back

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 11:02:45 pm »
Ignore

This election has basically turned on its head more recently tonight. Lets talk to our panel. Where to start? What does some of this mean?

Well, first of all, the Bush people can be breathing some sigh of relief right now. They thought after surprisingly loosing Ohio and Pennsylvania...especially Ohio so early, that they very well might loose Florida.

Even though its Bush's home state.

Yeah, so there is some sigh of relief in the Bush camp over carrying Florida.

But, Ohio...Ohio is significant.

Oh absolutely, the Obama camp thought their chances were dying until they carried Ohio. Now its too close to call or even maybe lean Obama for the election as a whole.

Some people are still voting across the country.

This is true. And for the Obama camp, the number of electoral votes is not 270 right now necessarily, but 192. If the President can get 192 electoral votes without adding in the west coast, this election is over and its Obama for another four years.

If he gets 192 electoral votes...

When you look at California where he is heavily favored to win, thats 55 which means that Obama would need 215 and California and he would win. Now, what brings it to 192. Washington and Oregon states where Obama was polling very strongly going into today, thats another 19 electoral votes fro Obama. And then you have Hawaii, Obama's native state. If Obama can get to 192 electoral votes and sweep the west coast and Hawaii, which he is expected to do the part about the west coast and Hawaii, if he can do that then he is reelected.

Ohio was key

Oh, absolutely. Its just crazy. The Bush people came into tonight feeling reasonably good about the state of Ohio, but it went to Obama early in the evening at a time when things were looking good for Bush. Its just crazy. Absolutely edge of your seat, unbelievable.

Thank you panel. We will be back with more coverage. Stay with us.

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 11:51:13 pm »
Ignore

Election 2012 Central

Hold on this just in, Virgnia drops to Obama. Virgnia goes to Obama.

Sigh of Relief in Obama Camp: Virgnia goes to Obama
Barack Obama Wins Virgnia
Bush: 214        Obama: 190        270 needed to win

Obama is trying to deny the Bush family another four years in the White House.

And it seems that he might be sucessful in that effort, he has carried some major swing states.

Hold on, something else coming in now and hold on to this, Arizona goes to Obama. Thats an upset if you didn't know one. Arizona to the President tonight.

Barack Obama Wins Arizona
Bush: 214        Obama: 201        270 needed to win

Lets jump straight to this...

In Utah, Obama might be tall, but Bush is taller...

I think...

Anyway, Bush wins Utah. Also in Idaho, a historically republican state, does so again tonight as it sends its electoral votes to Bush. Trying to help him hold his lead as the President closes the gap. Will Nevada help do that too? We don't know, its undecided.

Nevada has the highest divorce rate in the nation. What that means in terms of voting for President...

I guess we will find out. Iowa, the state that launched the President onto the political stage in January 2008, could it be the state to determine if he gets another four years or not? Its too early to say, Iowa is undecided. In Montana, theres a tough senate race there. Surprisingly, Montana for President is undecided. And in North Dakota, that state the democrats thought they might contest and carry it, maybe they will...its undecided.

So lets turn to our electoral vote map

Jeb Bush Wins Utah

Jeb Bush Wins Idaho

Bush: 224        Obama: 201        270 needed to win

Hold, on another projection coming in now. Bush wins New Hampshire. New Hampshire to Bush.

Jeb Bush Wins New Hampshire

Bush: 228        Obama: 201        270 needed to win

Bush still maintaining a lead...Iowa goes to Bush. Hold onto your hats, this is a big time projection here. Iowa falls to the republicans tonight. Its the state where Obama came onto the national stage in 2008 by winning the Iowa caucus in an upset, and then he carried it easily for President against McCain in 2008. The Obama camp came into tonight counting on Iowa, and the corn husker state has let them down. Iowa goes to Bush.

Jeb Bush Wins Iowa
Bush: 234        Obama: 201        270 needed to win

Advantage Bush Clearly: Iowa Goes to Bush...Pressure for Obama on West Coast
Bush holds a wide lead again over the President. Its advantage Bush nationally and clearly. At this realitve late stage of the evening, Bush is well over the 200 electoral vote mark, Obama just barley. Now the pressure is on for the 11 o'clock poll closings. If Obama does not at least do very well much less sweep all of them, he could be beginning to see his chances grow dim to nothing. But his winning a  second term is still within the realm of possibility, but its getting tougher and tougher. Pressure is on for the west coast for Obama, You saw the electoral map. It takes 270 needed to win. Bush has 234, Obama has 201. Again, it takes 270 to win.

Its advantage Bush clearly. But, its not over, not yet...Obama is breathing for air. More when we come back.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 11:54:52 pm by GPORTER »Logged

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
ōcēlōxōchitl
a Person
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 02:21:53 am »
Ignore

Advantage Bush? When CA+OR+WA have 74 electoral votes? Lol.

Nagas
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -7.65

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 03:33:04 am »
Ignore

Advantage Bush? When CA+OR+WA have 74 electoral votes? Lol.

Watch, they'll reverse their call in Ohio....

Snowstalker
YaBB God
Burkina Faso

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 11:42:22 am »
Ignore

Why the heck did Bush win Colorado and lose Arizona?

Also, inb4 a state is pulled back.

Deano1001
Rookie
United States

P P
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 01:05:06 am »
Ignore

Err Obama's lost in Colorado and New Mexico, and winning in Arizona (and all so fast too) is a tad bit far fetched... Anyway once Obama carried Arizona at lightning speed they would of projected it for the President as the west coast will be swept by Obama.
And please don't call Oregon for Bush, seriously.
Tidewater_Wave
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 01:43:08 am »
Ignore

Tidewater_Wave
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 01:52:38 am »
Ignore

correction
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 03:39:12 pm »
Ignore

Back here at election night 2012. In what is proving to be an intersting night on all sides. We can now declare that Jon Kyl, the three term united states senator seeking a fourth term will get it. Kyl wins in Arizona. Thats a hold for republicans.

Jon Kyl Wins Arizona Senate Election

Lets pull up the senate map to show you how that affects the balance of power in the senate for the next congress. Lets look at the map:
Republican: 48        Democrat: 39        51 needed for absolute majority

When you look at that map, you think woo...if democrats want to hold the senate, they are going to have to start to win some more races. Well, as the White House still has hope from the west coast, the democrats do too. There are three senate races where voting is still going on. All of those three save maybe Hawaii where there is a strong republican nominee and a weaker democrat, but at least two of the three where voting is still going on, democrats are expected to do well. Its been a while since we told you about the senate races, lets look at the winners tonight so far, going in alphabetical order of the states:

Arizona-Jon Kyl* (republican hold)
Connecticut-Chris Murphy (democratic hold)
Delaware-Tom Carper* (democratic hold)
Florida-Bill Nelson* (democratic hold)
Indiana-Richard Lugar* (republican hold)
Maryland-Ben Cardin* (democratic hold)
Massachussetts-Scott Brown* (republican hold)
Michigan-Debbie Stabenow* (democratic hold)
Mississippi-Roger Wicker* (republican hold)
Nebraska-Jon Bruning (republican pick up)
New Jersey-Bob Menendez* (democratic hold)
New York-Kirsten Gillibrand* (democratic hold)
North Dakota-Rick Berg (republican pick up)
Ohio-Sherrod Brown* (democratic hold)
Pennsylvania-Bob Casey Jr* (democratic hold)
Rhode Island-Sheldon Whitehouse* (democratic hold)
Texas-David Dewhurst (republican hold)
Utah-Orin Hatch* (republican hold)
Virgnia-George Allen (republican pick up)
West Virgnia-Joe Manchin* (democratic hold)
Wyoming-John Barrasso* (republican hold)

Yes, there they are if you can make any sense of that long list. A couple of perhaps major things have happened tonight in those senate races.

Brown won easily, maybe easier than expected, in Ohio. Maybe that offers a little bit of an explanation to Obama carrying the state despite what some would say an uncertain national performance. In Massachussetts, this was projected a little while ago. Warren was ahead in some polls until the last couple of days, Brown began to lead by three to five points state wide. Both sides didn't really know what to expect tonight, but we projected about twenty minutes ago that incumbent republican Scott Brown would win his first full term to the united states senate. Brown wins in Massachussetts.

Republicans have been at the least holding their own in the senate count tonight. They won with George Allen in Virgnia, a big projection there. But, not only that and holding Massachussetts, they also picked up the two seats in North Dakota and Nebraska. The democrats are trying to stop them, however, as they for example took the state of Florida in a surprise. Bill Nelson defeated Connie Mack IV in Florida. That was a surprise, but Nelson holds on and wins a third term to to the senate from the state of Florida.

We had some retirements this year and most of those races are still outstanding. Minnesota, Vermont, Maine and Wisconsin are all places that are outstanding where incumbents retired. Some of them were shocks for democrats, especially Minnesota and perhaps Vermont. Those races are still undecided and they could say where the senate goes tonight. I might be missing a few there tonight.

Lets return to this crazy as crazy presidential race. North Dakota, a strong republican state, was in doubt for a period of time tonight. Democrats thought they might have a chance here, but its not to be. Bush wins in North Dakota.

Jeb Bush Wins North Dakota
Bush: 237        Obama: 201        270 needed to win

Stay with us, we are coming right back. Election night 2012, it might almost be over or not...

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 03:53:25 pm »
Ignore

Welcome back to election night 2012. We are here talking about the balance of power in the congress. How have the house races been going so far tonight?

The republicans are doing well, but not as well as was originally expected. Democrats still have a chance to retake control, the west coast might determine that. Republicans doing well but not as well as expected. Its all on the line there.

Lets go back to our senate races. There are many races out there that are too close to call. The republicans as it appears only need to win three more races to take control of the senate. Two, only two more if they win the presidency. But, if they take three more races, it won't matter if they win the presidency or not.

And there are really not many more places where they could win. You have some races out, but democrats are competetive across the board in these senate races. Republicans have done well tonight, but its like democrats are trying to stop them especially by winning Florida. That was a surprise. But, you have other races out there...

We do have other races out there and democrats are trying to stop them again in Wisconsin. Thompson was pretty much favored, but by our projections now, Tammy Baldwin wins that race. Thats our projection. Baldwin holding Herb Kohl's old seat for the democrats.

Tammy Baldwin Wins Wisconsin Senate Election
Republican: 48        Democrat: 41        51 needed for absolute majority

Hold on, this is coming fast now. LePage wins in Maine. Republicans win in an upset and hold Olympia Snowe's seat as she retires. LePage, the republican, wins the senate race in Maine to succeed retiring republican Olympia Snowe. Republicans trying to go across the line here before democrats might catch them, as LePage wins in Maine.

Paul LePage Wins Maine Senate Election
Republican: 49        Democrat: 41        51 needed for absolute majority

Democrats just nominated the wrong candidate in the Maine senate election.

Were coming back at a big moment. 11 o'clock, it could be decisive in both the presidential race and the congressional races. Republicans two wins away from retaking control of the senate, but more than that on the line, President Obama's political life might depend on the west coast. Were coming back, stay with us.

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 09:13:52 pm »
Ignore

Decesive 11 o'clock hour:No President of the United States
Welcome back, it is 11 o'clock on the east coast and in an hour that was and is expected to be decisive, while we have some projections, we are still looking for a president for the next four years. We do have some projections at this time, lets look them over.

In California, a democratic strong hold at the presidential level since 1992, President Obama carries the state tonight. California for Obama. In Washington state, this is a state that Obama is expected to do well in tonight, especially with the big Seattle democratic vote that exit polls indicate. But for now, its undecided. Same with Oregon. Obama leads there, but for now its undecided. And finally in Hawaii, Obama's native state, theres an interesting senate race there. But, at least for the presidency, the President easily takes Hawaii and its four electoral votes.

And while were at it, lets turn to the senate races. In California, veteran democratic senator Diane Fienstien wins another term to the united states senate. Thats a hold for the democrats. In Washington state, its undecided at the presidential level, but the verdict is clear for the senate, Maria Cantwell wins there. She will return to Washington for her third term in the senate. Both California and Washington are democratic holds. Keeping the hopes of the democratic party alive to retain control of the senate. And in Hawaii, its an interesting senate race there, Ed Case came from behind to win the democratic primary for the united states senate there in Hawaii. He faces former republican governor Linda Lingle in the race for the senate. They are running to replace retiring democrat Daniel Akaka. That race is undecided at this time.

Lingle could make history tonight in Hawaii. Hawaii has not had a republican senator in thirty five years. Lingle could make history tonight. We will watch this race as the numbers come in. Case vs Lingle is undecided at this time.

Lets look at our maps now. The president is closing in on the 270 mark, hes ten electoral votes away from a second term. 

Bush: 237        Obama: 260        270 needed to win

Republican: 49        Democrat: 43        51 needed for absolute majority

Okay thats the way things look for right now. Lets take a breather and come right back. See you in a few moments.

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: