Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 08:42:12 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Election What-ifs? (Moderators: Bacon King, Dallasfan65)
| | |-+  Bush vs Obama 2012 Election Night and on Timeline
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Poll
Question: How would you rate this timeline?
Great   -5 (10.2%)
Good   -5 (10.2%)
Okay   -6 (12.2%)
Poor   -5 (10.2%)
Bad This Needs to Stop   -28 (57.1%)
No Opinion   -0 (0%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: Bush vs Obama 2012 Election Night and on Timeline  (Read 10234 times)
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2012, 10:47:06 am »
Ignore

Jim Risch Wins Idaho Senate Election

Chet Culver Wins Iowa Senate Election

Republican: 51        Democrat: 42        Independent: 1        51 needed for absolute majority

Gary Herbert Wins Utah Gubernatorial Election

Terry Brandstad Wins Iowa Gubernatorial Election

More to come.

the birth of modern america & onward timeline(http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=195483.new#new)results of four most previous elections.....
election 1912
Underwood: 267 Cutchens: 264 Lafolette: 0 Debs: 0 266 to win
election 1916
Underwood (i): 224 Curtis: 254 Johnson: 53 266 to win
House Underwood (i): 26 Curtis: 12 Johnson: 10 25 to win
election 1920
Roosevelt: 260 Lowden: 271 McAdoo: 0 266 to win
election 1924
Thomas: 262 Lowden (i): 269 266 to win
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2012, 01:37:20 pm »
Ignore

Mary Landreiu wins again in Louisiana. A hold for the democrats there. However, its not so pretty for democrats else where. In Motana, while Baucus is favored, that race is still undecided. In South Dakota, senator Johnson facing a former governor in that race, his luck might run out tonight, but maybe not. The race is undecided in South Dakota. However, for now good news for democrats, Landreiu wins again in Louisiana.

Mary Landreiu Wins Louisiana Senate Election
Republican: 51        Democrat: 43        Independent: 1        51 needed for absolute majority

Were coming back with more analysis and returns. Stay with us

the birth of modern america & onward timeline(http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=195483.new#new)results of four most previous elections.....
election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2012, 02:15:27 pm »
Ignore

We have a big projection coming here now. This is one democrats will find hard to live with. Rick Perry, the already longest serving governor in Texas state history, wins another four years to that office. Perry wins in Texas. A hold for the republicans.

Rick Perry Wins Texas Gubernatorial Election

We can also declare now that Bill Halter will go on and win the Arkansas state house. A hold for the democrats.

Bill Halter Wins Arkansas Gubernatorial Election

What surprises you so far tonight?

Well, first of all, there are not a lot of turnovers. The republicans retaining control of the senate, we don't know about the house yet. Thats not any huge surprise. Most incumbents that were running for reelection have been reelected tonight.

Only one turnover in the senate...

Well two, in Maine the independents pick up that seat. And Inholfe goes down in Oklahoma.

Did that Oklahoma result surprise you at all?

Well, senator Inholfe has always been a relatively unpopular senator. He always seemed to get lucky in these elections but this time his luck apparantly ran out.

He had a strong opponent.

Does it say anything about Texas?

Well, I mean senator Cornyn, the republican, running against democrat Bill White there. It could be an interesting contest. Cornyn trying to get a third term in the senate.

Lets come back after this. Stay with us

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2012, 07:54:14 am »
Ignore

We can tell you that John Lynch will win another term as governor of New Hampshire. A hold there for the democrats.

John Lynch Wins New Hampshire Gubernatorial Election

It is 11 o'clock on the east coast and we have some polls closing and some projections.

First of all big news for democrats, Sheheen wins in South Carolina. Yes, Vincent Sheheen defeats incumbent republican Nikki Haley in the race for the South Carolina state house. This was a rematch from 2010. Haley won that race four years ago, but tonight she falls short. Sheheen wins in South Carolina.

In Oregon senate race, its a rematch between incumbent democrat Jeff Merkley and former republican senator Gordon Smith. Oregon is a democratic state, but Smith was at one time a popular republican senator from the state. They are hoping to tap into that popularity and return Smith to the senate. Will it happen? We'll find out, its undecided.

In Oregon governor race, it was not competetive this year. This may help senator Merkley, because incumbent democrat governor John Kitzhaber, running for reelection, will get a second term defeating republican challenger Ron Saxton. A hold for the democrats in the Oregon state house. In California, incumbent democrat Jerry Brown is getting a spirited challenge from republican George Clooney. Clooney leads, he may help to follow in the footsteps of another former popular actor. We'll see, this race is undecided.

I wonder who...

We can declare that Neil Abercrombie will win another term in the Hawaii state house. A hold for the democrats.

Vincent Sheheen Wins South Carolina Gubernatorial Election

John Kitzhaber Wins Oregon Gubernatorial Election

Neil Abercrombie Wins Hawaii Gubernatorial Election

Well there a couple of things there.

Lets start in South Carolina.

Look, we have to see what this means for the other undecided races tonight. Two republican governors elected in 2010, considered vulnerable, have been reelected. In Pennsylvania, the incumbent there leads by about two percentage points. In Florida, Scott leads Crist but its by less than a percentage point.

It might be recount time again in Florida.

Too early to say that probably.

But the point is, these republican governors considered vulnerable two years ago, are holding their own tonight. Heres an interesting point. If its not the one time vulnerable republican governors going down, could it be the republican women governors going down. I don't believe that we have delcared any incumbent republican female governor a winner tonight.

We have not delcared any republican women governors winners tonight. Matter of fact, one has gone down and Arizona and Oklahoma have female republican governors running for reelection, we have not declared a winner in either of those races tonight. Both are 2010 rematches.

I take that back, we have declared one female republican governor a winner tonight. Suzanna Martinez in New Mexico. She maintained high approval ratings throughout her first term, and easily won reelection tonight.

The democrats almost didn't nominate anyone to run against her. Martinez might have national political hopes or at least some of her supporters do for her in the future. A rising star in the republican party coming from New Mexico.

We will keep an eye on those female republican governors as well as Wisconsin, Florida, and Pennsylvania. All interesting races.

Lets turn to California. George Clooney vs Jerry Brown.

A high profile race and one that everyone is watching. Clooney hoping to follow in the footsteps of former governor and President Reagan. Reagan was an actor as well and then had a very succesful political career. We have some news in this race. Clooney wins. George Clooney will be the next governor of California. An interesting development. Clooney wins in California, defeating California democratic powerhouse Jerry Brown. A pick up for republicans in California.

George Clooney Wins California Gubernatorial Election

Thirty seconds before we go to break...

He might have a chance for a very successful political career starting with that office.

Were coming back.

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Burkina Faso

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2012, 11:19:02 am »
Ignore

Why is George Clooney, a staunch liberal, now a Republican?

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2012, 12:39:41 pm »
Ignore

We can declare Granholm the winner in the Michigan senate race. She succeeds retiring democrat Carl Levin there. A hold for the democrats in Michigan.

Jennifer Granholm Wins Michigan Senate Election
Republican: 51        Democrat: 44        Independent: 1        51 needed for absolute majority

We can also declare that after a tough race, Max Baucus will go on and win another term in the united states senate. A hold for the democrats there.

Max Baucus Wins Montana Senate Election
Republican: 51        Democrat: 45        Independent: 1         51 needed for absolute majority

In Alaska, Sean Parnell wins reelection as governor of Alaska. A hold for republicans in the Alaskan state house.

We can declare that republicans will retain control of the house of representatives.

Sean Parnell Wins Alaska Gubernatorial Election

Republicans Retain Control of the House of Representatives

More to come

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2012, 07:54:29 am »
Ignore

We can declare that Michael Rounds will win in the South Dakota senate race. This is another upset. Rounds defeats senator Johnson there in South Dakota. A senate pick up for republicans in South Dakota.

Michael Rounds Wins South Dakota Senate Election
Republican: 52        Democrat: 45        Independent: 1        51 needed for absolute majority

We can also declare that Mary Fallin will win the state house again in Oklahoma. A hold for the republicans.

Mary Fallin Wins Oklahoma Gubernatorial Election

I believe we might have a line of projections coming up next. Stay with us.

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2012, 01:28:01 pm »
Ignore

A line of projections coming now.

In Illinois, Judy Topinka defeats incumbent democrat Pat Quinn. A tough race there, Topinka pulls it out. A pick up for the republicans in the Illinois state house.

Judy Topinka Wins Illinois Gubernatorial Election

In Wisconsin, better news for democrats. Russ Feingold, former senator, returns to political office as he wins the governorship of Wisconsin. Feingold wins in Wisconsin, a pick up for democrats in that state house.

Russ Feingold Wins Wisconsin Gubernatorial Election

In Connecticut, Dan Malloy will go on to win a second term as governor there. Malloy wins in Connecticut state house, a hold for the democrats.

Dan Malloy Wins Connecticut Gubernatorial Election

In Rhode Island, an upset victory for republicans. We can now project that John Robitaille will win that race. Probably ending the career of Lincoln Chafee. Robitaille wins that race. A pick up for republicans in the Rhode Island state house.

John Robitaille Wins Rhode Island Gubernatorial Election

Brian Sandoval wins another term in Nevada. A hold for republicans in that state house.

Brian Sandoval Wins Nevada Gubernatorial Election

In Pennsylvania, we can declare that Tom Corbett will go on and survive to face another day. Corbett wins in Pennsylvania.

Tom Corbett Wins Pennsylvania Gubernatorial Election

And finally in Alaska, Mark Begich wins reelection there to the senate. A hold for the democrats.

Mark Begich Wins Alaska Gubernatorial Election

Lets look at the maps and see where these projection leave us.

Republican: 52        Democrat: 46        Independent: 1        51 needed for absolute majority

Well the republicans control the next congress. But, it looks like especially in the senate. they could loose one or two seats instead of gaining one as the exit poll showed.

A surprise to me, is John Cornyn in Texas. He is a two term senator still fighting for reelection tonight. That is a race still outstanding. I believe there are still three races out in the senate: Texas, Oregon, and Minnesota. Those are some tight races.

Some of these returns from both the governors and the senate make you think about the presidency in 2016. Democrats especially with Bush running for reelection. Mark Warner, Andrew Cuomo, any of these are in strong positions.

Were coming back. Stay with us.

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2012, 01:43:50 pm »
Ignore

Lets look at the matchups still outstanding.

Florida governor: Rick Scott (i) vs Charlie Crist

Arizona governor: Jan Brewer (i) vs Terry Goddard

Maryland governor: Bob Ehrlich vs Anthony Brown

Texas senate: John Cornyn (i) vs Bill White

Oregon senate: Gordon Smith vs Jeff Berkley (i)

Minnesota senate: Chip Cravaack vs Al Franken (i)

Hold on, we have a few more projections coming now. Some of these will send shock waves tonight.

In Minnesota, Franken elected very narrowly in 2008, well he goes down to defeat tonight. Little known republican congressman Chip Cravaack wins in Minnesota. Cravaack the man who defeated an 18 term congressman in 2010 by 4000 votes goes onto the united states senate just four years later. Cravaack wins in Minnesota.

Chip Cravaack Wins Minnesota Senate Election

We can also project that despite his best efforts, Gordon Smith falls short again. Jeff Berkley, the incumbent democrat, will go on to win a second term to the senate. Berkley wins again in Oregon.

Jeff Berkley Wins Oregon Senate Election
Republican: 52       Democrat: 46        Independent: 1        51 needed for absolute majority

Wave goodbye to senator Franken after that one. What a surprise.

Yes, Cravaack was the underdog in that race, but as we noted, hes used for it and he pulled this race out too.

We might have seen the opening of the future of the national republican party. George Clooney in California, Chip Cravaack winning in Minnesota...

Some talk about John Kasich perhaps in national office again.

Well he won very easily tonight, so that could happen. But, also we see some members of the republican establishment still surviving tonight. Rick Perry, Mitch McConnell, Lamar Alexander, Saxby Chambliss.

Were coming back stay with us.

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2012, 03:43:12 pm »
Ignore

I don't know if you all get a little tired reading this, I get tired writing it. I can finally take a rest when an election night is over. Then I start all over again.

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2012, 05:43:35 pm »
Ignore

Welcome back. We have two of the three election projections for this election coming in now.

First of all, John Cornyn survives in Texas. He very narrowly beats Bill White in Texas to win another senate term. This turned out to be the race of his life, but Cornyn pulls it out and wins reelection. A hold for the republicans in Texas.

John Cornyn Wins Texas Senate Election

We can also declare that Terry Goodard wins in Arizona. He defeats incumbent republican Jan Brewer who was running for reelection there. Goodard wins in Arizona. A pick up for the democrats in the Arizona state house.

Terry Goodard Wins Arizona Gubernatorial Election

We can also declare that Bob Ehrlich will be the next governor of Maryland. A pick up for republicans in the Maryland state house.

Bob Ehrlich Wins Arizona Gubernatorial Election
Republican: 53        Democrat: 46       Independent: 1        51 needed for absolute majority

We have a little bit more coming up. Stay with us.

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2012, 06:02:48 pm »
Ignore

Clooney is a staunch liberal. Why would he run as a Republican?

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.  So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.- Jack Layton (1950-2011)
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2012, 06:19:13 pm »
Ignore

After all of this, is that the only thing you have to say?

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2012, 08:34:25 pm »
Ignore

Like I did following the completion of election night 2012, I'll right an overall analysis of the 2014 results, covering key races and just giving my mindset on how I called some of the more high profile races.

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2012, 10:26:12 pm »
Ignore

The final two projections in the 2014 election cycle.

In Maryland, a surprise strong showing by Ehrlich takes him all the way to the state house. Yes, Bob Ehrlich wins the governorship of Maryland. Republicans pick up the state house in Maryland.

Bob Ehrlich Wins Maryland Gubernatorial Election

And now in Florida, my this is a barnburner. Rick Scott wins a second term as govenor in Florida. What seemed impossible two years ago, some would say two weeks ago. But, very narrowly, Rick Scott will go on to defeat Charlie Crist and win a second term in the state house. This is an upset win for republicans. Democrats hoped to do very well in Florida this year. But, its not to be, Rick Scott wins reelection in Florida.

Rick Scott Wins Florida Gubernatorial Election

This has been election night 2014 coverage. We've covered 435 house races, 33 senate races, and 37 governors races. This has been meant to be the most informative and acurate election coverage.

We will have analysis and a review of the election results along with our panel coming up next. This has been election night 2014, thank you and good night.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 10:29:55 pm by GPORTER »Logged

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Burkina Faso

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2012, 06:01:27 am »
Ignore

After all of this, is that the only thing you have to say?

No, but that's what stood out.

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2012, 09:27:08 pm »
Ignore

Brief Analysis:

In the house, democrats thought they might have a chance to retake control of the house early in the campaign, but as the campaign drew closer to election day, democrats began to focus more on the senate and state house races. The results proved that this might have been a smart move. Republicans retained their control in the house with a 242-193 majority in the next congress. Democrats only had a net gain of five seats, when they needed a net gain of 30 seats. Obviously, the democrats did not make as many in roads in the house as they might have hoped.

In the united states senate, democrats needed to hold a lot of their seats up for election again and they did. Of the incumbent senate democrats running for reelection, only one, Tom Johnson lost in South Dakota. They needed some upsets, and in Oklahoma they got one. James Inhofe, the republican incumbent, lost his bid for reelection. Brad Henry, the former democratic governor, was a strong challenger and in the end won by about four percentage points. Inholfe had always been a vulnerable senator, who had gotten lucky in past elections, but his luck ran out and he doesn't return to Washington. However, it was races in places such as Kentucky and Georgia that helped the republicans secure control of the senate for another two years. In Kentucky, Mitch McConnell won his sixth and what he says will be his final senate term. Lieutenant governor Abramson, the democrat, saw a smaller than expected turnout in Lexington, Kentucky, and that helped McConnell win the race by a larger than expected margin.

In Georgia, this was a rematch between incumbent republican Saxy Chambliss and democrat Jim Martin. Chambliss won again by about five percentage points. John Cornyn had a tougher than expected race in Texas, but he narrowly pulled that race out in the end. Angus King also surprisingly won the race early in the evening as an independent. He won by about seven percentage points. King will caucus with the democrats. Susan Collins retired in Maine. In the end, republicans retained their senate majority by a 53-46-1 majority. With King caucusing with the democrats, this means that the balance of power in the senate remains the same as in the last congress.

The state houses offered a little bit of drama. Many once thought to be vulnerable republican incumbents won reelection in Florida, Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. However, two female republican governors lost. Jan Brewer and Nikki Haley both lost their respective bids for reelection, both against the same challengers they once beat in 2010. Bob Ehrlich in Maryland has been a senior republican politician in Maryland, and he finally got the prize by wining the state house. George Clooney, originally a democrat, changed parties in early 2013. He ran against Jerry Brown and won that race easily. Brown is retiring from politics after this loss.

Overall, these mid term elections had high hopes for democrats. However, in the end, republicans held them off and retained control of both houses of congres and have the lead in the state houses.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 07:05:50 am by GPORTER »Logged

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2012, 11:12:43 pm »
Ignore

February 16th 2015, the White House Press Room:

"I didn't want to hold a lot of people out, I am not a candidate for reelection in 2016..."-President Jeb Bush

This announcement came as a shock to many in the political world. But, President Jeb Bush, expected to seek reelection, announced that he would not be a candidate for reelection in 2016. Vice President Bennett announced that he also would not be a candiate on February 28th, just a few weeks later.

President Bush said that he believed this would open the field up and make it easier for republicans to hold the White House. While the economy is good, there are personal problems with the Bush White House. Vice President Bennett had been accused by many from his years in the senate as having fathered an african american child with a woman other than his wife.

Apparantly instead of facing that in November 2016, the team decided not to seek reelection. President Bush saw his job approval rating fall to 43% approve as the mid term elections became history. This helped convince Bush not to seek reelection. However, the republican party nationally enjoyed a 65% job approval rating.

The candidates for each party for 2016 looked like the following:

Republican:
Mitt Romney
John Kasich
Rick Perry
Sam Brownback
Rand Paul

Democrat:
Kirsten Gillibrand
Tim Kaine
Mark Warner
Andrew Cuomo
Hillary Clinton
Joe Manchin
Brian Schwietzer

Overview coverage of 2016 primary season starts next.

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2012, 07:28:05 am »
Ignore

For the first time in twenty years, Iowa and New Hampshire would not be the first contests in the primary season. They would in fact be pushed to February after four other contests.

Republican primary map at conclusion of January:

Mitt Romney comes out the victor in Alaska and Hawaii. Despite the best efforts of the other candidates to make these competetive, Romney walks away winning Hawaii by 18 and Alaska by 17. Some political pundits believe that the shaken up primary calander might help narrow the field of candidates quicker.

Democratic primary map at the conclusion of January:

The republican primary is getting attention, but even more on the democratic side. With such a wide field of high profile candidates, who would start to win the contests? Andrew Cuomo won the Alaska contest and Hillary Clinton, despite some doubts about the strength of her candidacy, made a name for herself and won the Hawaii contest.

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2012, 12:04:06 pm »
Ignore

Republican map at conclusion of February:

Romney: 92
Perry: 42
Kasich: 61

Democratic map at conclusion of February:

Cuomo: 96
Clinton: 84
Schwietzer: 151

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2012, 07:43:08 am »
Ignore

Jumping to November 1st 2016...

Welcome back, its just about seventy-two hours away from election day. Will the Clintons return to the White House? Or will the longest serving governor in Texas history move from the Texas governors mansion to the White House? We just don't know yet, as people have not even started voting yet. All throughout this campaign, no candidate has ever been able to get more than a four point margin over the other in the polls. If these polls are right, its a close election.

Its Hillary Clinton/Vincent Sheheen for the democrats up against Rick Perry/Scott Brown.

As always a third of the senate is up for election in this campaign. There are a lot of republicans looking to defend their seats, could the democrats get a net gain of four senate seats and retake the upper chamber of congress? They need a net gain of twenty-five seats in the house, sounds like a tough line to follow, and it might be. But, some democrats like to think they have a chance there. And then with the race for the White House, it kind of speaks for itself. Will Hillary Clinton make history, shatter the glass ceiling, and carry the Clinton name back into the White House? Boy Bill Clinton sure hopes so.  Or will Rick Perry, the longest serving Texas governor in history, win the White House and keep the republicans there for at least another four years?

All of these questions will be answered throughout our election night coverage. It starts next. Stay tuned!

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2012, 12:05:13 pm »
Ignore

Welcome to our pre election commentary, lets turn to our panel. Clinton vs Perry for the White House, what conclusions can you draw before any votes are even reported and counted?

Well, first of all lets look at the running mates as well. Hillary Clinton picks Vincent Sheheen. Many people probably don't know who that is. Sheheen is governor of South Carolina. He ran in 2010 and lost to republican Nikki Haley. Sheheen decided to run again against Haley in 2014, and he defeated her by a couple of percentage points.

Thats Clinton's running mate. What about Perry?

Governor Perry picked Scott Brown. Brown is a more well known politician than Sheheen. Brown, as we all know, won a special election in early 2010 to replace the deceased long time senator Ted Kennedy. He won his own full term by defeating democrat Elizabeth Warren in what was a competetive race throughout that entire campaign. He has made a name for himself so far and hopes to do even more and maybe be elected vice president.

If hes elected vice president, it puts him in a future position for President possibly...

Yes, and I think he would certainly seriously consider that in the future, maybe no matter if they win or loose this time, Brown has a political future either way.

We've discussed the tickets, lets turn to the electoral map. Brown is from Massachussetts, will that help Perry any at all.

Not in Massachussetts, and these are the Clintons. They have a strong national base, they believe they can lock Perry out of the east coast. Now, the republicans are trying to fight that assumption by putting Brown on the ticket. This means they are looking at New Hampshire, Maine, and Pennsylvania...maybe New Jersey. But, other than that, the east coast is expected to remain democratic.

The Clintons have had a lot of success in New Hampshire.

They have, it helped propell Bill Clinton to the democratic nomination back in 1992, it kept Clinton in the race in 2008 and helped Hillary win the democratic nod this time too. Rick Perry on the other hand. This is the first time he has run for President, and Mitt Romney defeated him comfortably in the New Hampshire primary this year. Perry and Clinton are locked in a close race in New Hampshire according to the polls.

I think some of our readers are saying...whatever you do, don't give the democrats Ohio and turn around and give the republican Washington state...

That did happen last time, I remember that. Look, mostly all of the swing states are competetive across America in such a close race that we have here. Lets say it now Washington, Oregon, and Ohio are all considered very close according to the polling. This could be tough for Perry though, because the Clintons have a big base in the big cities across the nation. This is Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles...more competetive though are Colombus, Cincinnati, and other cities like that.

Do you want to make any conclusive prediction?

If Clinton can carry Ohio or Florida or both, she probably comes away winning nationwide. Those are two states to watch. Its not over for Perry in those places and not assured for Clinton, but Clinton will do better in those states than some other democratic candidates who ran in the primaries this year would have. But, on the other hand, the high approval rating of the republican party as a whole and the gradually improving economy will probably  prove to help Perry.

Thank you panel, we'll hear a lot more from you of course as the night goes along. Election night 2016 begins next.

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2012, 07:31:36 pm »
Ignore

Good evening, this is election night 2016.

ELECTION NIGHT 2016
Yes this is election night 2016, and we have some projections.

In Kentucky, often votes republican and does so again tonight. Perry carries Kentucky.

Rick Perry Wins Kentucky

Also in Indiana, some thought maybe Clinton would have a chance there, but its not to be. Rick Perry wins Indiana.

Rick Perry Wins Indiana

In South Carolina, a part of the Bible belt, goes to Perry tonight.

Rick Perry Wins South Carolina

Diddo in Georgia, Georgia goes to Perry.

Rick Perry Wins Georgia

Good news for democrats though, Vermont goes to Clinton. Her first electoral votes of the night.

Hillary Clinton Wins Vermont

And the state of Virgnia, we can say at this time, its undecided.

Okay, lets look at the electoral map and see where the candidates stand in the electoral vote cont at this hour.

Perry: 44        Clinton: 3        270 needed to win

Lets turn to the senate. In Vermont, it was thought that Pat Leahy might retire this year, he said no and he wins again.

Pat Leahy Wins Vermont Senate Election

In Indiana, Dan Coats, the republican incumbent, running against former senator Evan Bayh, that race is undecided.

As is a rematch between republican incumbent Rand Paul and demcorat Jack Conway. Its undecided in Kentucky as well.

In South Carolina, this may surprise some people. Joe Wilson, congressman from South Carolina, will go to the united states senate, succeeding retiring republican Jim DeMint. Wilson wins in South Carolina, holding that seat for republicans.

Joe Wilson Wins South Carolina Senate Election

And finally in Georgia, we can declare that incumbent republican Johnny Isakson will be returned to the senate. A hold for the republicans there in Georgia.

Johnny Isakson Wins Georgia Senate Election

Republican: 31        Democrat: 35        Independent: 1        51 needed for absolute majority

And there it stands, might be an interesting night in the race for control of the united states senate.

We see independents already having one, Angus King in Maine in the next senate. Wouldn't it be interesting if the independents took control of the senate.

Were coming back, stay with us.

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2012, 07:50:46 pm »
Ignore

And welcome back, we have some more projections to make at this 7:30 mark, lets look them over:

In Ohio, a key battle ground state for both sides in the presidential race, at this time, its undecided.

Also in West Virgnia, Bill Clinton did very well here in the 1990s, but its gone republican since 2000. As of now, its undecided.

However, we do have two senate projections to make at this time.

We told you that the Indiana race was too close to call earlier. Well, we are ready to project that Dan Coats will go on and win another term to the senate. He defeats former democratic senator Evan Bayh. This race could be key to republicans keeping control of the senate in the next congress, Coats wins in Indiana.

Dan Coats Wins Indiana Senate Election

Also, in Ohio, Rob Portman wins another term there. A hold for the republicans in Ohio.

Rob Portman Wins Ohio Senate Election

Republican: 33        Democrat: 35        Independent: 1        51 needed for absolute majority

Lets come back. Stay with us.

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2012, 07:47:31 am »
Ignore

Welcome back, it is now the incredible 8 o'clock hour on the east coast. This is the time where polls close in fifteen states across America and the District of Columbia. We have some projections, lets look them over.

In Alabama, a strong part of the republican south. Perry wins there. Alabama for Perry, no surprise there.

Rick Perry Wins Alabama

In Connecticut, a traditionally democratic state at the presidential level, Connecticut goes to Hillary Clinton tonight.

Hillary Clinton Wins Connecticut

Diddo in Delaware. Delaware to Clinton

Hillary Clinton Wins Delaware

Same story in the District of Columbia. Clinton wins big in the District of Columbia.

Hillary Clinton Wins the District of Columbia

Florida, a big battleground state as it is in every election. Its undecided at this hour.

In Illinois, voted democrat in every presidential election since 1988, its undecided.

Maine, Hillary Clinton wins three of the four electoral votes from Maine tonight. The other congressional district, well its undecided.

Hillary Clinton Wins Maine

In Maryland, black turnout there makes it almost unwinnable for republicans. Maryland goes by a strong margin to Hillary Clinton tonight.

Hillary Clinton Wins Maryland

We can also say that for now Massachussetts is undecided at this hour.

In Mississippi, part of the republican heart land, Mississippi goes to Perry tonight.

Rick Perry Wins Mississippi

Missouri, the show me state is undecided at this hour. A highly competetive race there too.

New Hampshire, we talked about that a little bit earlier. Its undecided.

We can delcare New Jersey for Clinton. The republicans thought they might have  chance there. Oh no, it goes to Hillary Clinton tonight.

Hillary Clinton Wins New Jersey

In Oklahoma, usually a republican state. Will it be so tonight? We don't know, its undecided.

Also in Pennsylvania, a tough battleground state. Its undecided at this hour also.

We can declare Tennessee for Rick Perry tonight.

Rick Perry Wins Tennessee

Perry: 70        Clinton: 43         270 needed to win

Oh no, bad news for democrats. Ohio goes to Perry.

Rick Perry Wins Ohio
Perry: 88        Clinton: 43        270 needed to win

In Alabama, Richard Shelby, long time senator from Alabama, wins another term. Hes going back to the senate for at least another six years. A hold for the republicans in Alabama.

In Connecticut, a high profile race between democrat incumbent Richard Blumenthal and republican former governor Jodi Reil. We can delcare, and this will hurt republicans, Blumenthal wins again in his race for the united states senate. Blumenthal wins in Connecitcut

Richard Shelby Wins Alabama Senate Election

Richard Blumenthal Wins Connecticut Senate Election

In Florida, despite the best hopes of democrats, Marco Rubio is returned to the senate. Rubio wins another term there.

Marco Rubio Wins Florida Senate Election

In Illinois, a high profile race tonight, Michelle Obama is running against republican senator Mark Kirk. That race is undecided at this hour.

In Maryland, Martin O'Malley wins that senate race. He succeeds retiring Barabara Mukulski there. A hold for the democrats.

Martin O'Malley Wins Maryland Senate Election

In Missouri, a bunch of leading democrats in the state decided to sit out this race. That was good news for Blunt then and it is now. Roy Blunt wins another term to the united state senate.

Roy Blunt Wins Missouri Senate Election

In New Hampshire, Kelly Ayotte wins another term. She defeats for senate candidate Dick Swett.

Kelly Ayotte Wins New Hampshire Senate Election

In Oklahoma, Mary Fallin, the incumbent governor there, her political career takes another up swing. She wins the Oklahoma senate race, succeeding retiring Tom Coburn.

Mary Fallin Wins Oklahoma Senate Election

In Pennsylvania, a high profile race between incumbent republican Pat Toomey and MSNBC anchor Chris Matthews. In a surprise, Toomey is returned as the polls close there. No doubt a disappointment for democrats there.

John Thune wins another term as senator in South Dakota. A hold for republicans.

John Thune Wins South Dakota Senate Election

Pat Toomey Wins Pennsylvania Senate Election

Lets look at the map:

Republican: 38        Democrat: 37       Independent: 1        51 needed for absolute majority

Maybe that Pennsylvania result will give Chris a thrill up his leg.

He'd be used to it by now.

Were coming back. Stay with us.

election 1912
election 1916
election 1920
election 1924
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: