Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2014, 05:22:01 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  Well, they're going to get what they want.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Well, they're going to get what they want.  (Read 2046 times)
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2012, 07:41:05 pm »
Ignore

I'm at 39 infraction points. About five of the most recent points were given because I questioned the process and motives. This will probably be deleted, too, but I wanted a chance to say that if I'm not here in the near future, it's because of others.

I'll leave you with one thing: you guys better step up and speak out against this nonsense because a select few have the ridiculous amount of power to punish people with whom they personally disagree. It's a mess.

The soon-to-be-re-elected Kings of Kansas.
Zach Vega
zachvega
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.83, S: -6.61

P

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 07:46:11 pm »
Ignore

I've read a lot about this random infraction bulls*** lately. It's sad to see.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 07:47:22 pm »
Ignore

Nobody is punishing you for personal disagreements.  Your claims here are 100% baseless.
tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 07:50:04 pm »
Ignore

I'm with you, Phil.  I've been at the forefront of this struggle and will remain so.  the public awareness of the issue within the membership is impressive.  whether anything will come of it, who knows.  but if not the Forum will cease to exist in its current and meaningful form.

there's no ghosts in the graveyard, that's not where they live
they live in between a, 'what is' and 'what if?'
Princess Kenny
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 07:52:45 pm »
Ignore

Lol, Phil, and you're criticizing the system while trying to use it at the same time?

Keystone Phil   07:53:49 pm   Reporting a topic to a moderator.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 07:57:28 pm by Kalwejt »Logged

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 07:57:48 pm »
Ignore

Yes, I report the holier-than-thou people that lecture me and others about personal attacks...then personally attack me. You know, like people saying, "Don't get mad, Phil, but you're unpleasant." That attack is fine but mine is not apparently. No personal agenda? Please.

GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 08:00:18 pm »
Ignore

Usually if someone calls one unpleasant, it is the former who is unpleasant. I've encountered such types on the forum. You gotta ignore them bud. No one cares what they think and you shouldn't either.

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
angus
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 1.87, S: -7.65

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 08:01:46 pm »
Ignore

I'm at 39 infraction points. About five of the most recent points were given because I questioned the process and motives. This will probably be deleted, too, but I wanted a chance to say that if I'm not here in the near future, it's because of others.

I'll leave you with one thing: you guys better step up and speak out against this nonsense because a select few have the ridiculous amount of power to punish people with whom they personally disagree. It's a mess.

I agree with you, generally, but I also can't imagine that you have done anything so outrageous that you should be banned.  Still, if you're on the edge, then maybe it's time to relax a little.  This forum is not a democracy, and as far as I know it makes no claim of being one.  Its moderators have the right to be as arbitrary and as capricious as Dave Leip will allow.  You have to accept that.  

There's a time for courage, and there is a time for serenity.  Perhaps now is the time for serenity.

Peace be with you.  
Princess Kenny
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 08:03:58 pm »
Ignore

Yes, I report the holier-than-thou people that lecture me and others about personal attacks...then personally attack me. You know, like people saying, "Don't get mad, Phil, but you're unpleasant." That attack is fine but mine is not apparently. No personal agenda? Please.

I think there wouldn't be any problem right now if you were little less agressive toward other forumites. I'm not telling this to insult ot attack you, since you happen to be one of my favorite posters. That's why it would be sad to see you getting banned over this.

patrick1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 09:00:41 pm »
Ignore

Phil, you forget that he made his living out of this  No offense against Torie in general but dissembling and baiting people is part of the trade craft.   
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 09:01:49 pm »
Ignore

Usually if someone calls one unpleasant, it is the former who is unpleasant. I've encountered such types on the forum. You gotta ignore them bud. No one cares what they think and you shouldn't either.

No, I'm pretty sure the problem for you is that you're an unpleasant person.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
ℒief
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 09:05:48 pm »
Ignore

^^^5 infraction points.

It seems like Lief's posts sometimes have a sexual tint to them. I've definitely seen references to spanking more than once.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 09:22:53 pm »
Ignore

Gee, I wonder how Phil ever got that many death points Roll Eyes

(Feel free to report this.)

Let us know how many points Franzl has, Inks. This trolling is out of control.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 09:25:17 pm »
Ignore

Gee, I wonder how Phil ever got that many death points Roll Eyes

(Feel free to report this.)

Let us know how many points Franzl has, Inks. This trolling is out of control.

I don't post how many points other posters have (and we only know the top 10, and he's not in the top 10, so I don't know), and to be fair to you, since you feel that I'm biased in this situation, I'm differing this to Mikado to deal with.
A.G. Snowstalker
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 11:01:36 pm »
Ignore

REVOLUTION

In Luang Prabang there is a spot
Where the corpses of your brothers rot
And every corpse is a patriot
And every corpse is a hero.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 11:06:03 pm »
Ignore

It wouldn't hurt your chances if you added some election maps, Phil.  Just saying.  Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 12:04:33 am »
Ignore

It's absurd that Phil think he's close to being banned.  He's not even halway to 100 points.  This is just more trolling to try to get attention, as usual.
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 12:46:11 am »
Ignore

Did anybody else think of the Cool Hand Luke when reading the thread title?
Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 01:07:45 am »
Ignore

It's absurd that Phil think he's close to being banned.  He's not even halway to 100 points.  This is just more trolling to try to get attention, as usual.

if he's at 30, he's only one or two flame wars away from being carted off the field.  I think the JCrew thread last spring cost me 30...then Joe being threatened also cost me around 30, even though I wasn't directly involved.

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
Coming for to carry me home.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 01:13:33 am »
Ignore

if he's at 30, he's only one or two flame wars away from being carted off the field.  I think the JCrew thread last spring cost me 30...then Joe being threatened also cost me around 30, even though I wasn't directly involved.

You have deserved every point you've received.  Whether or not you were directly involved, you've trolled a lot on this forum.  So, if Phil can rack up 60 points in the next 2 months, he may be banned.  And if he keeps up the trolling at the rate that he has recently, I don't doubt that he could do that.
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 02:06:30 am »
Ignore

How has Phil been trolling? He's been overenthusiastic about a candidate (something that can hardly be unexpected on this forum) and rather abrasive in arguments, which he's been doing for 8 years.

BTW my statement about how I have never reported a single one of his posts remains true, and it's going to stay that win even if just on principle after this crap. Seriously. All the points about moderator overreach are being well proved with the snarky retorts here.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 02:14:45 am »
Ignore

He's personally attacked other posters, and trolled in general about 2012 politics (different than being enthusiastic about Santorum), and lately, he's convinced that I'm receiving money from the Romney campaign, and accused me of moderating based on being on their payroll.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 03:03:23 am »
Ignore

He's personally attacked other posters, and trolled in general about 2012 politics (different than being enthusiastic about Santorum), and lately, he's convinced that I'm receiving money from the Romney campaign, and accused me of moderating based on being on their payroll.

Was he exaggerating, maybe?
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 03:04:43 am »
Ignore

Phil's behavior in this thread seems pretty clearly over-the-top to me.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 03:49:54 am »
Ignore

Was he exaggerating, maybe?

I think it is an ethnic thing. The mods hate Italians because we are too damn sexy.

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout