Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2014, 06:34:04 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  Well, they're going to get what they want.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Well, they're going to get what they want.  (Read 2029 times)
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 04:01:08 am »
Ignore

I think you misspelled "smelly".

Quote from:   Martha Gellhorn for The Atlantic 1961
The unique misfortune of the Palestinian refugees is that they are a weapon in what seems to be a permanent war...today, in the Middle East, you get a repeated sinking sensation about the Palestinian refugees: they are only a beginning, not an end. Their function is to hang around and be constantly useful as a goad. The ultimate aim is not such humane small potatoes as repatriating refugees.
GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 04:06:55 am »
Ignore

Excuse me?

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
Ebowed
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -8.32, S: -9.30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 04:42:59 am »
Ignore

Aren't you a smoker?

...anyone who says our society must force people to expose themselves to those of the opposite sexual orientation, is not decent.

So you mean if we force the gay to be exposed to the straight, we are treating the gay indecently?  Because you didn't specify which direction the hate was supposed to go there, Black Beans.
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 05:15:13 am »
Ignore

Gee, I wonder how Phil ever got that many death points Roll Eyes

(Feel free to report this.)

Let us know how many points Franzl has, Inks. This trolling is out of control.

1 point. I'm sure that convinces you further of a conspiracy against you and Rick Santorum.
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2012, 06:53:00 am »
Ignore

Aren't you a smoker?
Yep, but thank God I aint Italian!

Quote from:   Martha Gellhorn for The Atlantic 1961
The unique misfortune of the Palestinian refugees is that they are a weapon in what seems to be a permanent war...today, in the Middle East, you get a repeated sinking sensation about the Palestinian refugees: they are only a beginning, not an end. Their function is to hang around and be constantly useful as a goad. The ultimate aim is not such humane small potatoes as repatriating refugees.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2012, 07:46:13 am »
Ignore

This is just more trolling to try to get attention, as usual.

Personal attack

Gee, I wonder how Phil ever got that many death points Roll Eyes

(Feel free to report this.)

Let us know how many points Franzl has, Inks. This trolling is out of control.

1 point. I'm sure that convinces you further of a conspiracy against you and Rick Santorum.

Just more moderator bias seeing as you have certainly personally attacked me more than one time.

coyolxauhqui
a Person
YaBB God
Costa Rica

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2012, 09:04:04 am »
Ignore

Personal attack

Er, no. It's an attack against your post, not against you.

The moderation system is inherently biased, but you're overblowing it.

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2012, 10:06:45 am »
Ignore

Personal attack

Er, no. It's an attack against your post, not against you.

The moderation system is inherently biased, but you're overblowing it.

That's a ridiculous attempt at nailing me on a technicality. Inks states that I am looking for attention. How the hell does my post count as trolling and attention but I am not attention whoring? Roll Eyes

Snowguy716
snowguy716
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -8.52

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2012, 10:40:50 am »
Ignore

I'm at 39 infraction points. About five of the most recent points were given because I questioned the process and motives. This will probably be deleted, too, but I wanted a chance to say that if I'm not here in the near future, it's because of others.

I'll leave you with one thing: you guys better step up and speak out against this nonsense because a select few have the ridiculous amount of power to punish people with whom they personally disagree. It's a mess.
I've said this for a long time.  I get shot down every time.  I like this forum a lot... but the amount of groupthink when it comes to forum relations is pretty awful... but is to be expected with the general demographic we have and the moderation setup.

I think the forum was better off when Alcon did most of the moderating... which wasn't all that much.  I understand it was overwhelming for him as he has gotten along with his life... but I think people should be given a wide berth with "death points" only for particularly bad personal attacks or relentless spamming.

At the same time, forum members need to unbunch their undies and stop reporting every post from posters they don't like, etc.  I'd bet a lot fewer death points would be given out if people only reported truly egregious posts.

"Above and beyond the question of how to grow the economy there is a legitimate concern about how to grow the quality of our lives."
-Paul Wellstone

Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 11:42:55 am »
Ignore

REVOLUTION

If only, CUM, there were some way to guillotine the bastards. 

The whole idea of these death points for 'personal attack' and 'trolling' was the immediate death of free speech on this forum.  All we're doing now is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

--
Kalwejt
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2012, 01:21:11 pm »
Ignore

Jesus... when someone is criticizing your behavior, that's an opinion, not personal attack.

And why is Phil expecting the people around to be super-nice to him, while he's continuing to act very unkindly toward many of them?
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2012, 01:30:38 pm »
Ignore

Jesus... when someone is criticizing your behavior, that's an opinion, not personal attack.

Yet calling Torie out for being condescending is infractable. Roll Eyes If I call someone out for being a know-it-all (again, directed at Torie), I get infracted yet I can say that that's pointing out his behavior and not a personal attack. Give it up, Kal. There are blatant double standards.

And why is Phil expecting the people around to be super-nice to him, while he's continuing to act very unkindly toward many of them?

Uh...what? I'm not asking anyone to be nice (let alone super nice); I'm asking not to be infracted for calling people out when they act like jackasses just like they'd do to me yet don't get infracted. You have moderators that clearly pick fights with me and others but still have moderating powers!

And the same people that will say that I'm being a whiner are the same people that say I'm being too "mean." Give me a break. If I went through and reported every nasty thing said about Santorum, half of you would be gone. I don't. But if I defend myself or my candidate in an equally forceful way, I'm on the verge of Moderator Review.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2012, 01:31:15 pm »
Ignore

Do we have a situation here?

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2012, 01:37:36 pm »
Ignore

no, but the detachable face of his car stereo did set off the metal detector.

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
coyolxauhqui
a Person
YaBB God
Costa Rica

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2012, 01:42:41 pm »
Ignore

That depends very much on the circumstances.

--
Kalwejt
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2012, 01:44:37 pm »
Ignore

Yet calling Torie out for being condescending is infractable. Roll Eyes If I call someone out for being a know-it-all (again, directed at Torie), I get infracted yet I can say that that's pointing out his behavior and not a personal attack. Give it up, Kal. There are blatant double standards.

Double standards? Yes, there are, but you're more likely to benefit from double standards, due to your tenure on Atlas. Certainly, you're in better position than an average newbie.

Ftr, I don't agree with infraction you mentioned above, but I don't think going out with this is going to help anyone.

@A Person, you're right, but when you post something like "you don't make sense" or "you're acting [insert]" it's not a personal attack. It's an opinion.
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2012, 01:45:07 pm »
Ignore

Simfan34
YaBB God
Ghana

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2012, 04:33:24 pm »
Ignore

That was funny, but creepy...

Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2012, 06:09:52 pm »
Ignore

It's absurd that Phil think he's close to being banned.  He's not even halway to 100 points.  This is just more trolling to try to get attention, as usual.

if he's at 30, he's only one or two flame wars away from being carted off the field.  I think the JCrew thread last spring cost me 30...then Joe being threatened also cost me around 30, even though I wasn't directly involved.

You have deserved every point you've received.  Whether or not you were directly involved, you've trolled a lot on this forum.  So, if Phil can rack up 60 points in the next 2 months, he may be banned.  And if he keeps up the trolling at the rate that he has recently, I don't doubt that he could do that.

Inks, your act isn't working - stop trying to prove to the other Mods you don't favor me, everyone knows you'd die for me.  Wink

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,

Swing low, sweet chariot,
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2012, 06:28:52 pm »
Ignore

That was funny, but creepy...

So put it in the Comedy Goldmine Institute before the bustards delete it.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Passing Through a Screen Door
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2012, 12:20:43 am »
Ignore

It'd be pretty hilarious if Phil ended up being banned while I'm not, considering his history and little crusade a few years back.

Not that I would ever support his banning obviously. In fact I'm quite glad that he's making points that very clearly need to be made (though claiming that the mods are on the Romney payroll or that the Romney campaign would even care about this site is going a bit far out.)

Victory over Inks dedicated in memory.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Passing Through a Screen Door
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2012, 12:32:07 am »
Ignore

Hey the similarities of this forum to Lost probably beg to be pointed out in this context. Shifting loyalties and conflicts that evolve, long term characters, ones who just come, Phil left "the island" yet returned just like some characters, etc.

Actually any "story" on this forum does resemble a TV series where the writers have decided to just go haywire and have given up on any type of consistent narrative or theme (another great example is post-season 3 Weeds.)

Victory over Inks dedicated in memory.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
FBF
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2012, 07:51:40 am »
Ignore

Phil needs a hug.  Sad

Hug
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2012, 02:22:58 pm »
Ignore

Hey the similarities of this forum to Lost probably beg to be pointed out in this context. Shifting loyalties and conflicts that evolve, long term characters, ones who just come, Phil left "the island" yet returned just like some characters, etc.

Actually any "story" on this forum does resemble a TV series where the writers have decided to just go haywire and have given up on any type of consistent narrative or theme (another great example is post-season 3 Weeds.)

What happened post season 3? I have not seen the later seasons.
Herman Cain's Gold Chain
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2012, 02:39:12 pm »
Ignore

I was infracted for pointing out that a certain poster was acting condescending, so yes, criticizing behavior is apparently a "personal attack."

(Part of the 2012 Election Throwback Series)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout