Varied Senate Membership Amendment [Debating] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:10:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Varied Senate Membership Amendment [Debating] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Varied Senate Membership Amendment [Debating]  (Read 3991 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: February 24, 2012, 03:31:09 PM »

Terrible idea.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 07:24:25 PM »

I would support having three regions. Combining the Midwest and Pacific and the Mideast and the South seems reasonable, but add a state or two to the Northeast Tongue

It seems reasonable if you absolutely hate competitive elections. Why combine overwhelmingly right wing regions into an overwhelmingly right wing super region (and same for the left)?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 01:28:44 AM »

But really, small regions are conducive to creating strongholds. Sure, the Pacific and SE are solid, but the fact that they're small in the first place is a very major reason certain groups managed to take over and in some cases consolidate.

It would be pretty crazy to let people register in up to two regions to vote in.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 01:47:23 AM »

But really, small regions are conducive to creating strongholds. Sure, the Pacific and SE are solid, but the fact that they're small in the first place is a very major reason certain groups managed to take over and in some cases consolidate.

It would be pretty crazy to let people register in up to two regions to vote in.

...What?

I was thinking of some random solution possibilities that didn't involve eliminating any of the current regions. That was among the most ridiculous which came to mind. I actually couldn't think of anything practical we could actively do that I think would be a useful solution to a lack of competition.

Personally I feel that having some "safe seats" is fine, but having five seats is too many. Four would be too many. Perhaps Midwesterners and Mideasterners could exchange a few voters. Reducing the number of regions would disappoint me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies