Secretary of Internal Affairs Abolition Act [Motion to Table] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:35:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Secretary of Internal Affairs Abolition Act [Motion to Table] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Secretary of Internal Affairs Abolition Act [Motion to Table]  (Read 2821 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: February 25, 2012, 01:44:08 PM »

Knowing what I know now, I think the person who will be holding this position next has amazing potential and should be given a fair chance. That being said, I ask the Senate to table this bill and reconsider it 2 months from now.
I introduce a motion to table, then.

Seconded.

I believe we should improve this position by assigning more duties to the officeholder and, of course, appointing qualified people for the job.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 09:10:20 PM »

We're now voting on a motion to table this legislation. Please vote aye, nay, or abstain.

Nay.

Guys, stop shying away from solving problems just because you have no current solution. I hate to lecture people like this (though it's never stopped me before) but this position has been worthless and we've had no one in nearly 3 years that's done anything worthwhile in it. The idea that it will suddenly prove it's true worth in the next couple of months is insane. Tabling this will be a waste of time. Solve a problem, don't shove it under the rug.

Knowing what I know now, I think the person who will be holding this position next has amazing potential and should be given a fair chance. That being said, I ask the Senate to table this bill and reconsider it 2 months from now.
I introduce a motion to table, then.

Seconded.

I believe we should improve this position by assigning more duties to the officeholder and, of course, appointing qualified people for the job.

Are you actually a Senator right now?

I was confirmed by the Assembly to fill Napoleon's vacancy, so yes.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 09:11:14 PM »

Aye.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length