Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 10:58:50 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  I'm curious
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: I'm curious  (Read 1576 times)
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2012, 07:19:59 am »
Ignore

How is HP a personal attack?

Is this a serious post?

You're calling someone a horrible person.

I've addressed this.  You're not actually saying they're horrible people, just like  95%+ people here have never actually FOUGHT for freedom... it's our version of an approval/disapproval poll.

Oh...so...it's excessive hyperbole.

Never any doubt.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2012, 07:26:24 am »
Ignore

By the way, calling someone an HP is apparently fine but calling someone a "Joke poster" - which I rightfully did in an above post - got me two points for "trolling."  Roll Eyes

Never any doubt.
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2012, 07:28:24 am »
Ignore

Is this a serious post?

I've addressed this.  You're not actually saying they're horrible people, just like  95%+ people here have never actually FOUGHT for freedom... it's our version of an approval/disapproval poll.

Grin

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2012, 08:22:16 am »
Ignore

Is this a serious post?

No.  Because behind excessive hyperbole is intent.  We're not going to infract people who say, "I picked up my backpack and it weighed a ton."  FF/HP are merely proxies for Approve/disapprove.  They are simply figures of speech.  They may be hyperbole; however, they are not excessive.
Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2012, 10:34:58 am »
Ignore

K

Get over yourself, please, as these repeated groundless accusations of trolling are admittedly crossing the line from boring to annoying. Thank you.

Oh, I would if obsessed red avatars from Ohio didn't troll me so often.

Badger, I'll continue to highlight why you don't deserve to be a moderator here and quite a few people are beginning to agree. Continue to help me prove my point. I appreciate it.

I'd be quite surprised at that considering you make it quite clear I'm far too draconian in going after 'supporters of certain candidates' when in fact I probably have the lowest ratio of imposing infraction points per post I review of any mod on the forum. And the posters I've (usually) found no violation for have more often then not been hard-line conservatives.

Your self-serving slacktivism is propelling America to new heights.
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
India
View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 11:29:35 am »
Ignore

I'm clearly part of the super majority to say the FF/HP is not a problem, obviously, and we'll all use the terms in other posts regardless.

Inks/Mikado has no real reason to ban them other than to make 1 person happy, and that's silly.

I'm very disappointed and hope Nym rids this board of these whining threads.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:31:30 am by Grumps »Logged

Grumpy Santa's helpers.   Cheesy

How Erg the Self-Inducting Slew a Paleface
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2012, 12:03:03 pm »
Ignore

Now it's all clear. Derek is back, after hacking into Phil's account.

It's a good thing to be laughed at. It's better than to be ignored

Harold Macmillan
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2012, 12:05:26 pm »
Ignore

I'm clearly part of the super majority to say the FF/HP is not a problem, obviously, and we'll all use the terms in other posts regardless.

Inks/Mikado has no real reason to ban them other than to make 1 person happy, and that's silly.

I'm very disappointed and hope Nym rids this board of these whining threads.

I don't want them banned. I'm just pointing out that if they don't count as a personal attack, I don't know what does...

Never any doubt.
Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2012, 12:12:16 pm »
Ignore

Yes you are. You are very curious indeed. A most curious person, even by the standards of this place.

I assume Al will be infracted for this vile personal attack? Five or six points should be fair.

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2012, 12:16:08 pm »
Ignore

Yes you are. You are very curious indeed. A most curious person, even by the standards of this place.

I assume Al will be infracted for this vile personal attack? Five or six points should be fair.

Hilariously enough, Al is one of the most insulting members of the forum. Naturally, he's made a moderator.

Never any doubt.
How Erg the Self-Inducting Slew a Paleface
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2012, 12:25:37 pm »
Ignore

Hilariously enough, Al is one of the most insulting members of the forum. Naturally, he's made a moderator.

So, why on earth you're not a moderator?

It's a good thing to be laughed at. It's better than to be ignored

Harold Macmillan
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2012, 12:52:49 pm »
Ignore

Technically, showing any opinion at all here is either a personal attack or 'trolling'.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2012, 01:35:55 pm »
Ignore

That decision was made when I was nicer.

opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2012, 01:44:08 pm »
Ignore

That decision was made when I was nicer.

I don't remember you ever being nicer, but obviously you feel free to insult now that you are a moderator, and you have the added benefit that your victims cannot retort.

That said, I wish we could all be as insulting as you - it would make for a far more interesting forum.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2012, 03:14:56 pm »
Ignore

I'm not suggesting that we should ban HP/FF threads (I have started many, myself), I'm suggesting that there should be a consistent definition of what constitutes as a "personal attack".  Calling people out for their bull**t or saying someone is a horrible poster shouldn't constitute as a personal attack.  I won't even get started with sarcasm being apparently infractable.  And besides, most of the users here are of ages fifteen and above.  Most of us can handle constructive criticism.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2012, 03:20:31 pm »
Ignore

Sarcasm, in and of itself, is not an intractable offense.
Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2012, 03:32:10 pm »
Ignore

Sarcasm, in and of itself, is not an intractable offense.

"Bitter, angry sarcasm" apparently is, however.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2012, 03:03:51 pm »
Ignore

I'm new here, and I'm already sick of some of whining here. It's an internet forum you will get people who dont like you.

I mean, it's not a big deal if someone calls you a "HP" or "FF" most people here don't know you outside of this forum so their judgement of you is incomplete...

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout