Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 07:17:44 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  I See A Forum By 20RP12
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: I See A Forum By 20RP12  (Read 1355 times)
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -7.48

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2012, 03:54:34 pm »
Ignore

I love the Atlas Forum. I love her so much that it hurts and makes me angry, frustrated and saddened when I see her in bad shape.

All around the world in Human history we've seen attempts at forums that could better the lives of people. Sadly, most of these attempts failed. But, for almost 11 years now, the Atlas Forum has remained the sole torch that carries the light of freedom around the world. Many other countries now live under monarchies, dictatorships, and even anarchy. But Atlas Forum remains freedom's last best hope. Where would people look to without the Atlas Forum? Dailykos? Democratic Underground? Reddit? It's a scary thought, which is exactly why we need to keep the fundamental principals of the Atlas Forum alive and well for freedom's preservation.

Today, however, I see a bleak picture for the short term Atlas Forum. I see a forum where people fear using the word dumbfock, which our forum was founded on, which appears on our moderator criticism threads, because they are afraid that they may offend a select few people.

Moderators and higher-ups...must stay out of the lives of the Atlas Forum users. Don't tell us what thread to go to, don't take the posts we earn, don't tell us what words we can use. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

The business of Moderators is NOT to control the Atlas Forum users. It's the job of the Atlas Forum users and the spirit of opebo to help Atlas Forum run.

When I hear Atlas Forum members speak about "BRTD making too many polls", I know exactly what they mean. I see a forum where people are terrified to do or say what's fundamentally right for fear of insulting a very small fraction of people. I see a forum where people do everything they can to not receive infraction points, just because they insulted Politico. They are entitled to do that. The unalienable rights they have to act that way are what they are entitled to. Just as BRTD can make disgraceful polls about opebo, regardless of how despicable they are, that is his right. It is the same that Atlas Forum users have the right to drunkpost. It's fact. It's our history. It's what Atlas Forum was founded on.

That's the difference between the ideologies. In the majority of Atlas Forum, if you ask somebody what they are, they don't say "a firemen" or a "teacher"...they say, "An Atlas Forum User".

So comes my fear for the next four years. Inks stays a mod. My fear is that this will show Atlas Forum's divisions. As is the case with virtually every moderator, women and African Americans will overwhelmingly love them, while white users will overwhelmingly hate them. Thus no matter what occurs (and don't rule out another JewCon sock with an avatar from some random state) Atlas Forum will appear more divided than ever before along racial and gender lines.

But in my heart I know Atlas Forum will come back, it's just a question of if and when. I still see a forum I love.

- 20RP12

Disclaimer: I do not intend to offend anyone, rather I am poking fun at some popular forumites and forum memes.

I'm a teenaged male. Everything is wrong with me.
ōcēlōxōchitl
a Person
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 03:55:58 pm »
Ignore

This is better than the other two, imo. Cheesy

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 03:57:16 pm »
Ignore

This is better than the other two, imo. Cheesy

Cheesy

I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 03:57:51 pm »
Ignore

Cheesy

Vosem
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 03:58:24 pm »
Ignore

In the majority of Atlas Forum, if you ask somebody what they are, they don't say "a firemen" or a "teacher"...they say, "An Atlas Forum User".

Sigged Cheesy

Illegally selling arms to North Korea, providing most of the money to anti-Morales rebels in Bolivia, and using the remainder as hush money for his three ex-mistrisses. 
Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 03:59:56 pm »
Ignore

Not to take anything away from this speech, but it would help a lot if this forum community as a whole just STOPPED REPORTING EACH OTHER.  This isn't all just 100% the moderator's fault, but all of you guys who have ever touched that little button before.  You are enabling the system of censorship to roll over the rights of others to express their thoughts.
Every time that button is pressed, the knife of Censorship takes another stab at the Heart of Free Expression.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:03:57 pm by MechaRepublican »Logged

17:20   bore   the point of atlasia is to achieve things which you can then use as pick up lines
Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 04:00:43 pm »
Ignore

Godspeed, patriot.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 04:01:35 pm »
Ignore

In the majority of Atlas Forum, if you ask somebody what they are, they don't say "a firemen" or a "teacher"...they say, "An Atlas Forum User".

Sigged Cheesy

Cheesy <3

Not to take anything away from this speech, but it would help a lot if this forum community as a whole just STOPPED REPORTING EACH OTHER.
^^^^
Emphasis.

Because every time you click that button you're taking another stab at the heart of free expression.

LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 04:03:48 pm »
Ignore

+1
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Burkina Faso

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 04:26:41 pm »
Ignore

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 04:43:51 pm »
Ignore

Godspeed, patriot.

ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 05:12:29 pm »
Ignore

RESTORE THE ATLAS NOW!

A Hybrid of Pat Buchanan and Bob Dylan.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 05:21:08 pm »
Ignore

I love the Atlas Forum. I love her so much that it hurts and makes me angry, frustrated and saddened when I see her in bad shape.

All around the world in Human history we've seen attempts at forums that could better the lives of people. Sadly, most of these attempts failed. But, for almost 11 years now, the Atlas Forum has remained the sole torch that carries the light of freedom around the world. Many other countries now live under monarchies, dictatorships, and even anarchy. But Atlas Forum remains freedom's last best hope. Where would people look to without the Atlas Forum? Dailykos? Democratic Underground? Reddit? It's a scary thought, which is exactly why we need to keep the fundamental principals of the Atlas Forum alive and well for freedom's preservation.

Today, however, I see a bleak picture for the short term Atlas Forum. I see a forum where people fear using the word dumbfock, which our forum was founded on, which appears on our moderator criticism threads, because they are afraid that they may offend a select few people.

Moderators and higher-ups...must stay out of the lives of the Atlas Forum users. Don't tell us what thread to go to, don't take the posts we earn, don't tell us what words we can use. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

The business of Moderators is NOT to control the Atlas Forum users. It's the job of the Atlas Forum users and the spirit of opebo to help Atlas Forum run.

When I hear Atlas Forum members speak about "BRTD making too many polls", I know exactly what they mean. I see a forum where people are terrified to do or say what's fundamentally right for fear of insulting a very small fraction of people. I see a forum where people do everything they can to not receive infraction points, just because they insulted Politico. They are entitled to do that. The unalienable rights they have to act that way are what they are entitled to. Just as BRTD can make disgraceful polls about opebo, regardless of how despicable they are, that is his right. It is the same that Atlas Forum users have the right to drunkpost. It's fact. It's our history. It's what Atlas Forum was founded on.

That's the difference between the ideologies. In the majority of Atlas Forum, if you ask somebody what they are, they don't say "a firemen" or a "teacher"...they say, "An Atlas Forum User".

So comes my fear for the next four years. Inks stays a mod. My fear is that this will show Atlas Forum's divisions. As is the case with virtually every moderator, women and African Americans will overwhelmingly love them, while white users will overwhelmingly hate them. Thus no matter what occurs (and don't rule out another JewCon sock with an avatar from some random state) Atlas Forum will appear more divided than ever before along racial and gender lines.

But in my heart I know Atlas Forum will come back, it's just a question of if and when. I still see a forum I love.

- 20RP12

Disclaimer: I do not intend to offend anyone, rather I am poking fun at some popular forumites and forum memes.

The content of the preceding post has not been reviewed or approved by the jmfcst, and the original poster is solely responsible for its content.

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
Coming for to carry me home.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 05:30:33 pm »
Ignore

RESTORE THE ATLAS NOW!

OCCUPY THE ATLAS BOARD #WEARETHE99PERCENT

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 07:13:20 pm »
Ignore

Stop trying to fit in.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 07:32:09 pm »
Ignore

Stop trying to fit in.

Oooh gee sorry I tried to be funny ohoho

Governor Simfan
Simfan34
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: 5.91

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 08:35:56 pm »
Ignore

. As is the case with virtually every moderator, women and African Americans will overwhelmingly love them, while white users will overwhelmingly hate them. Thus no matter what occurs (and don't rule out another JewCon sock with an avatar from some random state) Atlas Forum will appear more divided than ever before along racial and gender lines.

I take offense to being singled out here.

oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 08:40:01 pm »
Ignore

Did not include Reaganfan hooking up with a "cougar", C-.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 08:40:12 pm »
Ignore

. As is the case with virtually every moderator, women and African Americans will overwhelmingly love them, while white users will overwhelmingly hate them. Thus no matter what occurs (and don't rule out another JewCon sock with an avatar from some random state) Atlas Forum will appear more divided than ever before along racial and gender lines.

I take offense to being singled out here.

Blame Naso, mate. I copied and pasted his original speech and replaced "country" with "forum" and "United States" with "Atlas Forum," and added a few other forum memes Tongue

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 08:40:49 pm »
Ignore

Did not include Reaganfan hooking up with a "cougar", C-.

Ew gross I don't want Courtney Cox in this masterpiece

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 09:35:53 pm »
Ignore

Stop trying to fit in.

Thank you for apologising.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 09:42:34 pm »
Ignore

Stop trying to fit in.

Quite welcome.

tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 10:06:26 pm »
Ignore

Stop trying to fit in.

man you really need to just have a drink or hire a call girl or some sh**t.

in a mirror, dimly lit
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 10:25:26 pm »
Ignore

Stop trying to fit in.

Me?

tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 10:28:40 pm »
Ignore

Stop trying to fit in.

Me?

Al obviously.

in a mirror, dimly lit
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout