I See A Forum By 20RP12
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:37:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I See A Forum By 20RP12
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I See A Forum By 20RP12  (Read 4227 times)
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 24, 2012, 03:54:34 PM »

I love the Atlas Forum. I love her so much that it hurts and makes me angry, frustrated and saddened when I see her in bad shape.

All around the world in Human history we've seen attempts at forums that could better the lives of people. Sadly, most of these attempts failed. But, for almost 11 years now, the Atlas Forum has remained the sole torch that carries the light of freedom around the world. Many other countries now live under monarchies, dictatorships, and even anarchy. But Atlas Forum remains freedom's last best hope. Where would people look to without the Atlas Forum? Dailykos? Democratic Underground? Reddit? It's a scary thought, which is exactly why we need to keep the fundamental principals of the Atlas Forum alive and well for freedom's preservation.

Today, however, I see a bleak picture for the short term Atlas Forum. I see a forum where people fear using the word dumbfock, which our forum was founded on, which appears on our moderator criticism threads, because they are afraid that they may offend a select few people.

Moderators and higher-ups...must stay out of the lives of the Atlas Forum users. Don't tell us what thread to go to, don't take the posts we earn, don't tell us what words we can use. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

The business of Moderators is NOT to control the Atlas Forum users. It's the job of the Atlas Forum users and the spirit of opebo to help Atlas Forum run.

When I hear Atlas Forum members speak about "BRTD making too many polls", I know exactly what they mean. I see a forum where people are terrified to do or say what's fundamentally right for fear of insulting a very small fraction of people. I see a forum where people do everything they can to not receive infraction points, just because they insulted Politico. They are entitled to do that. The unalienable rights they have to act that way are what they are entitled to. Just as BRTD can make disgraceful polls about opebo, regardless of how despicable they are, that is his right. It is the same that Atlas Forum users have the right to drunkpost. It's fact. It's our history. It's what Atlas Forum was founded on.

That's the difference between the ideologies. In the majority of Atlas Forum, if you ask somebody what they are, they don't say "a firemen" or a "teacher"...they say, "An Atlas Forum User".

So comes my fear for the next four years. Inks stays a mod. My fear is that this will show Atlas Forum's divisions. As is the case with virtually every moderator, women and African Americans will overwhelmingly love them, while white users will overwhelmingly hate them. Thus no matter what occurs (and don't rule out another JewCon sock with an avatar from some random state) Atlas Forum will appear more divided than ever before along racial and gender lines.

But in my heart I know Atlas Forum will come back, it's just a question of if and when. I still see a forum I love.

- 20RP12

Disclaimer: I do not intend to offend anyone, rather I am poking fun at some popular forumites and forum memes.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 03:55:58 PM »

This is better than the other two, imo. Cheesy
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 03:57:16 PM »

This is better than the other two, imo. Cheesy

Cheesy
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 03:57:51 PM »

Cheesy
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 03:58:24 PM »

In the majority of Atlas Forum, if you ask somebody what they are, they don't say "a firemen" or a "teacher"...they say, "An Atlas Forum User".

Sigged Cheesy
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 03:59:56 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2012, 04:03:57 PM by MechaRepublican »

Not to take anything away from this speech, but it would help a lot if this forum community as a whole just STOPPED REPORTING EACH OTHER.  This isn't all just 100% the moderator's fault, but all of you guys who have ever touched that little button before.  You are enabling the system of censorship to roll over the rights of others to express their thoughts.
Every time that button is pressed, the knife of Censorship takes another stab at the Heart of Free Expression.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 04:00:43 PM »

Godspeed, patriot.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 04:01:35 PM »

In the majority of Atlas Forum, if you ask somebody what they are, they don't say "a firemen" or a "teacher"...they say, "An Atlas Forum User".

Sigged Cheesy

Cheesy Purple heart

Not to take anything away from this speech, but it would help a lot if this forum community as a whole just STOPPED REPORTING EACH OTHER.
^^^^
Emphasis.

Because every time you click that button you're taking another stab at the heart of free expression.

LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 04:03:48 PM »

+1
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 04:26:41 PM »

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 04:43:51 PM »

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 05:12:29 PM »

RESTORE THE ATLAS NOW!
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 05:21:08 PM »

I love the Atlas Forum. I love her so much that it hurts and makes me angry, frustrated and saddened when I see her in bad shape.

All around the world in Human history we've seen attempts at forums that could better the lives of people. Sadly, most of these attempts failed. But, for almost 11 years now, the Atlas Forum has remained the sole torch that carries the light of freedom around the world. Many other countries now live under monarchies, dictatorships, and even anarchy. But Atlas Forum remains freedom's last best hope. Where would people look to without the Atlas Forum? Dailykos? Democratic Underground? Reddit? It's a scary thought, which is exactly why we need to keep the fundamental principals of the Atlas Forum alive and well for freedom's preservation.

Today, however, I see a bleak picture for the short term Atlas Forum. I see a forum where people fear using the word dumbfock, which our forum was founded on, which appears on our moderator criticism threads, because they are afraid that they may offend a select few people.

Moderators and higher-ups...must stay out of the lives of the Atlas Forum users. Don't tell us what thread to go to, don't take the posts we earn, don't tell us what words we can use. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

The business of Moderators is NOT to control the Atlas Forum users. It's the job of the Atlas Forum users and the spirit of opebo to help Atlas Forum run.

When I hear Atlas Forum members speak about "BRTD making too many polls", I know exactly what they mean. I see a forum where people are terrified to do or say what's fundamentally right for fear of insulting a very small fraction of people. I see a forum where people do everything they can to not receive infraction points, just because they insulted Politico. They are entitled to do that. The unalienable rights they have to act that way are what they are entitled to. Just as BRTD can make disgraceful polls about opebo, regardless of how despicable they are, that is his right. It is the same that Atlas Forum users have the right to drunkpost. It's fact. It's our history. It's what Atlas Forum was founded on.

That's the difference between the ideologies. In the majority of Atlas Forum, if you ask somebody what they are, they don't say "a firemen" or a "teacher"...they say, "An Atlas Forum User".

So comes my fear for the next four years. Inks stays a mod. My fear is that this will show Atlas Forum's divisions. As is the case with virtually every moderator, women and African Americans will overwhelmingly love them, while white users will overwhelmingly hate them. Thus no matter what occurs (and don't rule out another JewCon sock with an avatar from some random state) Atlas Forum will appear more divided than ever before along racial and gender lines.

But in my heart I know Atlas Forum will come back, it's just a question of if and when. I still see a forum I love.

- 20RP12

Disclaimer: I do not intend to offend anyone, rather I am poking fun at some popular forumites and forum memes.

The content of the preceding post has not been reviewed or approved by the jmfcst, and the original poster is solely responsible for its content.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 05:30:33 PM »

OCCUPY THE ATLAS BOARD #WEARETHE99PERCENT
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 07:13:20 PM »

Stop trying to fit in.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 07:32:09 PM »

Oooh gee sorry I tried to be funny ohoho
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 08:35:56 PM »

. As is the case with virtually every moderator, women and African Americans will overwhelmingly love them, while white users will overwhelmingly hate them. Thus no matter what occurs (and don't rule out another JewCon sock with an avatar from some random state) Atlas Forum will appear more divided than ever before along racial and gender lines.

I take offense to being singled out here.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 08:40:01 PM »

Did not include Reaganfan hooking up with a "cougar", C-.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 08:40:12 PM »

. As is the case with virtually every moderator, women and African Americans will overwhelmingly love them, while white users will overwhelmingly hate them. Thus no matter what occurs (and don't rule out another JewCon sock with an avatar from some random state) Atlas Forum will appear more divided than ever before along racial and gender lines.

I take offense to being singled out here.

Blame Naso, mate. I copied and pasted his original speech and replaced "country" with "forum" and "United States" with "Atlas Forum," and added a few other forum memes Tongue
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 08:40:49 PM »

Did not include Reaganfan hooking up with a "cougar", C-.

Ew gross I don't want Courtney Cox in this masterpiece
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 09:35:53 PM »

Thank you for apologising.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 09:42:34 PM »

Quite welcome.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 10:06:26 PM »

man you really need to just have a drink or hire a call girl or some sh**t.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 10:25:26 PM »

man you really need to just have a drink or hire a call girl or some sh**t.

Me?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 10:28:40 PM »

Al obviously.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length