Lux Aeterna (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:45:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Lux Aeterna (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lux Aeterna  (Read 4365 times)
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« on: February 25, 2012, 01:47:00 AM »

Good start. FYI, it was liberalrepublican, known as "Dan the Roman" who did "A Time for Unity", not Mr. Moderate. I'm actually currently working on a future dystopia timeline myself as part of a promise to two friends to start working on a novel.

EDIT: Haven't read your latest updates, started posting after the primary results update.

Look forward to both more of this and your project Cathcon!
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 01:49:05 AM »

This is amazing! Keep up the awesome work!
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 01:05:09 AM »

Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 01:06:42 AM »

This is great! I see the Fed is finally dying Smiley

This as well Wink.  I'm really enjoying this TL!  Who are the house independents?
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 01:07:54 AM »

You mean  a society intentionally destroying itself?

Yes. (Incidentally, I maintain that Walter M. Miller should be required reading for anybody interested in politics, religion, and sociology.)

This miller?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_M._Miller,_Jr.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 01:15:35 AM »

Yes. (Incidentally, I maintain that Walter M. Miller should be required reading for anybody interested in politics, religion, and sociology.)

This miller?

The very same. (Also, interested that they have a picture of him now; he was very reclusive.)

In an abnormal way?  Because that's usually a sign of eccentric, and I like eccentric in an author Wink
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 01:19:19 AM »

This miller?

The very same. (Also, interested that they have a picture of him now; he was very reclusive.)

In an abnormal way?  Because that's usually a sign of eccentric, and I like eccentric in an author Wink

Well, he lived out on the desert in Texas, and he's only known for one novel that he wrote, after which he spent decades working on another, undergoing a constant slow-motion trainwreck of a crisis of faith, and eventually killed himself to 'test God's mercy' right after finishing the first draft of the second novel, so yes, I'd certainly describe him as eccentric.

I like what I hear, except the whole suicide thing; anyway, what's he talk about?
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 01:27:04 AM »
« Edited: February 26, 2012, 01:28:59 AM by Jerseyrules »

You mean  a society intentionally destroying itself?

This miller?

In an abnormal way?  Because that's usually a sign of eccentric, and I like eccentric in an author Wink

Well, he lived out on the desert in Texas, and he's only known for one novel that he wrote, after which he spent decades working on another, undergoing a constant slow-motion trainwreck of a crisis of faith, and eventually killed himself to 'test God's mercy' right after finishing the first draft of the second novel, so yes, I'd certainly describe him as eccentric.

I like what I hear, except the whole suicide thing; anyway, what's he talk about?

A Canticle for Leibowitz is about an abbey of Catholic monks in the New Mexico desert over the course of the first millennium and a half after a nuclear holocaust that reduced the world to Migration Period technological and political levels. It's a book about historical memory and its failures, both personal and social self-destructive instincts, change and continuity, Original Sin, and atonement. It'll break your heart.

Ima get the free version on iBooks now!

EDIT: unbelievable!  The fartknockers don't have it!
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 01:33:42 AM »

EDIT: unbelievable!  The fartknockers don't have it!

Really? That's weird. It's incredibly influential. In any case it's available on Amazon for pretty cheap.

I'll take a trip down to Barnes and Noble tomorrow - I'll read it for free there, maybe, and I've gotta be there for school anyways.  Thanks, by the way!
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 01:25:59 PM »

Or you could just get it on ebook on your computer. A lot of good free resources, especially through your local university library. Smiley Anyways, can we continue the story. Things are really beginning to hit the fan.

Stupid ebooks isn't working.  Anyway, I'm looking forward to the rest of TTL.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 08:39:44 PM »

Cool Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies